Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Georgia has one of the most strict domestic laws in the country...they charge everybody....and the DA did not find any evidence outside of hearsay that Ben did something wrong.

I disagree. I believe it's hard for the prosecution to proceed forward without a witness.

I can't even begin to recall all the felonious assault cases which have been dropped on the other side of the courtroom where the victim simply does not want to proceed with charges.

As a prosecutor/DA, it's your obligation to pursue justice, not to outright prosecute.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

He is an NFL QB, of course he didn't get arrested. He is a predater if your a college girl, The only reason he isn't behind bars is because his cop friends! Her BAC level was high but that doesn't mean he didn't do it.

You are right..it does not mean he did not do it.......but the fact that there was NO EVIDENCE should at least lean that opinion to the fact that it appears he did not do it.

A rape kit done shortly after the alleged incident provided NO evidence of rape. The girl herself would not cooperate with the DA after sobering up....Her family said it would be to hard on her to go to trial and have to relive the incident....but strangely enough they are not ruling out a civil suit....guess reliving it...won't be so bad if there is money at the end.

I can't speak for anyone else...but if I truly thought someone raped my daughter....I would probably be put in jail...and the man might be alive...but he surely would not be able to play football again.

HACK

[Linked Image]
D
1st String
1st String
D
"God"ell must think he is in charge of a bunch of school kid cheerleaders.
(I am your overseer and you will do my bidding.)
NFL is unfreakin-believable. "Go out there and knock their heads off, but don't you dare have a drink or two and have some fun."
The NFL is a joke.
Goodell is a joke.

Last edited by dawgbreath01; 04/21/10 04:08 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow. Too bad you think what Ben could have done was okay.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
The NFL is a billion dollar business. It want's its employees to be upstanding citizens. I am sure if any of the places that I work had found out I was accused of assault of any kind multiple times I would no longer be employed. If anyone like Ben worked for me, he would be gone - I would not want that kind of person representing my business.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Well, it's quite obvious that everyone here thinks Ben took this girl against her will and raped her, despite the facts of the case.

The only thing Big Ben is guilty of is being in stupid situations and liking women. Hardly a shocking revelation for a mid-late 20 year old man.

Yeah, uh huh... and it's because he is so innocent and hasn't done anything at all and his only crime is liking a good time that Pittsburgh has put out trade feelers.
If there was no fire behind the smoke, there wouldn't even be a hint of trade possibilities with anyone at all... much less to a division rival.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you had a 22 yo daughter how would you feel about her going to a party that "ben and his posse" were going to be at? No worries huh? He was never charged, right?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

but the fact that there was NO EVIDENCE

How is that a fact? Because you said so? Have you read all 576 or so pages of the lack of evidence collected by the prosecutors? Bruising and vaginal bleeding don't count?

Not enough evidence to convince a jury beyond a shadow of a doubt of guilt does not mean that there is NO evidence.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
N
Legend
Legend
N
there's nothing definitive either way, which is why they would pursue a civil case. no chance at getting 'beyond a reasonable doubt' in a criminal case.

however, i don't think the parents actions have anything to do with whether or not ben committed the act.

first, he was out of the state likely before or as they were just finding out about it. hard to enact revenge when you don't know where to find him.

second, the civil suit is often seen by some as a way of at least getting some retribution against the man who committed the egregious act. sure, i'd feel better if whatever she won (if she wins/settles) she immediately donates to some charity for abused women or something, but we don't know that she won't and can't really judge on that end anyway.

finally, let us not underestimate the outside factors that weigh in on her and her parents decision here. there are probably many wackos pinging her facebook page and cell phone with messages. she could be receiving threats from others who blindly support ben. look to the kobe-accusser and all she had to deal with by taking him to trial.

i don't know if he committed what's in that 570page document or not or to what degree he was or should be held responsible. but, i do think the 4 game suspension (likely the end result) and entrance into the alcohol abuse program is a justifiable suspension.

oh, and I hope the Raiders make the trade (but Pitt gets less than their #8 pick). I'd love to see Ben mired on that team and Pitt stuck with a '?' at QB.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
Looks like Cleveland will get first crack at planting his ass in the dirt this year. I sure hope Rogers isn't still suspended at that time.

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
D
1st String
1st String
D
Quote:

Wow. Too bad you think what Ben could have done was okay.

Michelle... what did he do?
There are only allegations. Do you know for sure she wasn't willing to do all this? She is twenty, plenty old enough, and she had to know what was going on, and prolly looking forward to it when she was invited to the room.
I am so tired of the NFL thinking they are the keepers of 1800 players. What this sport needs is a real... viable... funded... AFL again.
freakin holier than thou.... I'd like to see what happens behind closed doors of these prima donnas that are overseeing their "children".
He is going to school for drinking. He is 28 years old... as far as I know it is not illegal to drink.
Freakin prima donnas.
NFL... Goodell... etal...

N
Legend
Legend
N
no idea if the eyewitness accounts are wholly accurate or not, but if there is any truth in them, then i doubt she was "probably looking forward to it" when she was drunkenly dragged to the bathroom by his bodyguards.

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

I am so tired of the NFL thinking they are the keepers of 1800 players

As someone stated above I think - the NFL does not give a darn about the players. They care about their image, and rightfully so. This is a black eye on their image - whether Ben did it or not, he put himself in a position to get into trouble. Repeatedly.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Isn't this the Pure Football forum?

Roethlisberger is suspended 4-6 games.

He may be traded.

These are the things that we should discussing here.

Sorry to be a thread-Nazi but there are other places to discuss what happened in Georgia that night. (Like here or here)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

So technically it will probably only be 4 games

thank you. It's a conditional 6 games. The thread title needs to be changed.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
D
1st String
1st String
D
Quote:

Isn't this the Pure Football forum?

Roethlisberger is suspended 4-6 games.

He may be traded.

These are the things that we should discussing here.

Sorry to be a thread-Nazi but there are other places to discuss what happened in Georgia that night. (Like here or here)

This would be a really really short and dull thread then.
What's Rommell been up to lately

D
1st String
1st String
D
Quote:

As someone stated above I think - the NFL does not give a darn about the players. They care about their image, and rightfully so. This is a black eye on their image - whether Ben did it or not, he put himself in a position to get into trouble. Repeatedly.

This is the NFL.. Not the NFLLL (nfl ladies league.)
(Coach sez... get out there and break his leg, arm, neck... give him a concusion if you can... just get him out of the game...
Oh... and if you do... I'll buy you a steak... give you some cash... BUT..
DON'T YOU DARE GO OUT ON THE TOWN AND GIVE ME A BAD NAME.)
really

Last edited by dawgbreath01; 04/21/10 05:30 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Hack,

At this point, it really doesn't matter if he DID or DID NOT rape anyone...

The PERCEPTION is that he has, and that perception is degrading to Ben, the Steelers and the NFL. Therefore Ben will pay the price and probably be traded.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
You are so uninformed it scares me..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

As this pertains to the division?? I don't think it matters all that much really. The Steelers are an aging team either way, and have serious issues on the OL, WR, and on D. Ben not being there certainly hurts their chances, but I don't think he's enough to make them relevant in the division anyway. The top of the pecking order is the Rats and the Bungels.

U have GOT to be kidding...

A QB is ONE piece of a big puzzle...But there isn't a swingin' dingin' in the NFL that would disagree with the fact that a QB is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER ON A TEAM...

I'm very well aware of the DEFENSE that Pitt's had on their side for YEARS...It's what's driven them...IF THEY TRADE Burger-Boy it will set that team back for YEARS...Make no mistake about it...QB's don't grow on trees...

I KNOW u know this...DON'T make light of them losing the kid that's SOLIDIFIED the QB spot on that team...It's like Indy losing Manning...

95% of our problem is not being able to compete QB wise with Pitt...Cincy...Baltimore...WHY????????????...Because we face a Palmer...A Burger-Boy...A Flacco TWO times a year....

Until we solidify a QB that is worth a damn...We WILL NOT have an ABOVE 500 record in the division...BOOK THAT...

Go Browns!!!
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Hack,

At this point, it really doesn't matter if he DID or DID NOT rape anyone...

The PERCEPTION is that he has, and that perception is degrading to Ben, the Steelers and the NFL. Therefore Ben will pay the price and probably be traded.

Which is indeed the problem...does not matter if he did or did not do it.....so what we have here is a guilty guy who is getting suspended by the NFL for 4 games....or an innocent man who is getting hung in effigy.

There is no more innocent until proven guilty in this country...you are now innocent until TMZ airs in your local market.

The entire NFL better be on call...as the shot across the bow was just fired....

Alex Mack and Joe Thomas rubbed my hiney!!!!

Not true? No proof? does not matter! The public will decide if its true or not.

(But according to what I read in Goodells letter to Ben...the suspension is not for any sexual behavior...it was for putting himself, and underage girls in possible harm with alcohol.....which is true..has never been denied....although the girls with their fake ID's put themselves in a position to be drunk)

HACK

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Quote:

He is an NFL QB, of course he didn't get arrested. He is a predater if your a college girl, The only reason he isn't behind bars is because his cop friends! Her BAC level was high but that doesn't mean he didn't do it.

You are right..it does not mean he did not do it.......but the fact that there was NO EVIDENCE should at least lean that opinion to the fact that it appears he did not do it.

A rape kit done shortly after the alleged incident provided NO evidence of rape. The girl herself would not cooperate with the DA after sobering up....Her family said it would be to hard on her to go to trial and have to relive the incident....but strangely enough they are not ruling out a civil suit....guess reliving it...won't be so bad if there is money at the end.

I can't speak for anyone else...but if I truly thought someone raped my daughter....I would probably be put in jail...and the man might be alive...but he surely would not be able to play football again.

HACK

Dude... The chick was BOUGHT OFF...Plain as day...

Go Browns!!!
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

HACK

Dude... The chick was BOUGHT OFF...Plain as day...

Ah finally proof!

HACK

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Alex Mack and Joe Thomas rubbed my hiney!!!!

You're comparing the character of Mack & Thomas to that POS you're defending? Neither one of those guys would put themselves in that position, let alone think they are so rich as to be above the law, untouchable and able to do whatever they please. You're plane not going to find them drunk and molesting young girls in public restrooms. And that is the point. Since this is the football forum, let's be clear: they don't belong in the same sentence, let alone on the same playing field.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Her family said it would be to hard on her to go to trial and have to relive the incident....but strangely enough they are not ruling out a civil suit....guess reliving it...won't be so bad if there is money at the end.

U my friend obviously have never been involved in something like this...

I HAVE...AND IT'S NOW...No Rape...How bout a SHOTGUN BLAST...

Stick your opinion...

Go Browns!!!
N
Legend
Legend
N
well, I don't know, things can get a little frisky on those fly fishing trips all the co-eds go on these days with Joe Thomas.

#gmstrong
D
1st String
1st String
D
Quote:

You are so uninformed it scares me..

Don't be scared little soldier...
Take your time and tell me what scares you.

C
1st String
1st String
C
you dont need a fake ID to get into a club in GA....since you're passing judgement like you actually know what youre talking about, im sure you know that entering a club at age 18 is legal and allowed....although, you have no access to the bar. this is common in other states, and i know for a fact that in state college PA exists the Crowbar, an under 18 music venue that has an over 21 section for those of us old enough to drink.

your explanations are so full of assumptions that i dont know where to begin. what better way to make her hazy than to feed her shots? you know what the penalty for furnishing alcohol to a minor is? i suppose she also took a baseball bat to her genitals just for the sake of money....

quit making excuses....the GA DA counldn't prove it beyond resonable doubt because the one person who was witness to the incident was too drunk...partly on bens accord. you wanna talk about the cop that resigned? the one blasting this girl with things we can't type here? the one who, perhaps purposefully, improperly collected evidence and contaminated the crime scene? what about the video tapes, and teh club cleaning the crime scene with clorox prior to the GA investigators getting there.

you've got quite a selective memory.

All Pro
All Pro
a) Its part of the record that she had a fake ID...not my opinion

b) I was not comparing Joe Thomas, and Alex Mack to anyone...I was saying see how easy it is to say something without proof

c) as for shotgun blast...and stick my opinion....I said the same thing...you agreed with me...so why should I stick my opinion? If I thought someone raped my daughter I would be out for blood....not saying "we don't want to pursue this issue"

HACK

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Hack, I'm not at all sure if Ben is guilty of anything but bad judgement.

I remember reading somewhere in years gone by ( and I bet it comes up again after this draft) that the league conducts meetings with all new players where they openly discuss the pitfalls of being a NFL Football Player.

If memory serves correctly, they discuss things like handling money, conduct on and off the field and no doubt, they discuss traps players have found themselves in before

In short, they teach them and warm them about the traps. I want to put this delicatly, but I'm sure one of the biggest traps is what we used to call, golddiggers....

For the most part, I think they must do a decent job. So few of the nearly 1800 NFL players get into anything worse then a speeding ticket..

What Ben is being punished for is something it's impossible to deny.. He's been fumbling in his personal life.. Bike Accident, the thing with the women in Nevada (or was it california) and now this thing in Georgia.

Again, outside of the bike accident, the kid could completely innocent of everything except bad judgement.

that's what he's being punished for...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
+1

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Hack, I'm not at all sure if Ben is guilty of anything but bad judgement.

I remember reading somewhere in years gone by ( and I bet it comes up again after this draft) that the league conducts meetings with all new players where they openly discuss the pitfalls of being a NFL Football Player.

If memory serves correctly, they discuss things like handling money, conduct on and off the field and no doubt, they discuss traps players have found themselves in before

In short, they teach them and warm them about the traps. I want to put this delicatly, but I'm sure one of the biggest traps is what we used to call, golddiggers....

For the most part, I think they must do a decent job. So few of the nearly 1800 NFL players get into anything worse then a speeding ticket..

What Ben is being punished for is something it's impossible to deny.. He's been fumbling in his personal life.. Bike Accident, the thing with the women in Nevada (or was it california) and now this thing in Georgia.

Again, outside of the bike accident, the kid could completely innocent of everything except bad judgement.

that's what he's being punished for...

Im completely with you on this....as I said...in the commish's letter to Ben...it states that "because of alcohol you put underage women and yourself in possible danger"

He is not being suspended for sexual assault...but because of his "alcohol" putting himself, his team, and the league in a bad light.

The motorcycle thing is not really in play...he was hit by a car...he was not wearing a helmet...but he was legally riding his bike..and its not illegal to not wear a helmet....a dumb decision..but not illegal...and I think thats what we have here....dumb decisions...but not illegal activities (as he knew at that time...he did not card her..she was drunk in a bar..he assumed she was of age)

Ben did everything else right...he had police with him....his PR guy was there...they were so worried about his image that they had everyone who wanted a picture with him put there drinks down so as not to be in the picture....but as soon as he was alone with her...all bets were off...and it does not matter what did or did not happen.

I think the suspension is a little high for "No Charges" being filed...I thought 4 that could be 2 with good behavior.....Thats what Vick got when he signed with the Eagles..and he pleaded guilty and served time.

Matt Jones got 3 games and he was guilty of possession and cocain usage

Santonio Holmes just got 4 games for repeated failure to comply with the NFL's drug program.

HACK

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Quote:

Not true? No proof? does not matter! The public will decide if its true or not.

Once you become foolish enough to go into an empty mens bathroom with a woman of "less than drinking age" AFTER buying her alcohol?

The indisputable portion of what is contained in this incident is why he got in trouble.

Not, just because he was accused.

Not just because he was in a club.

Not just because he had been drinking.

He put himself in a terrible position which openned himself up for this. And this isn't the first time.

Plus consider the obvious.

The officer who interviewed Ben resigned.

The club tape was "mysteriously" taped over.

Every player in this league understands, agrees to and must honor this personal conduct policy. They sign a contract that includes this. They already KNOW they can be suspended without being prosecuted.

When you sign your NFL contract, you fully understanjd what is expected of you in regards to your conduct. At that juncture it's "your responsability" to live up to it. You are contractually bound to live by it.

So in reality, instead of blaming Goodell, the public, the media, the supposed victim or anyone else for that matter, maybe you should blame Ben for not keeping up his end of the deal in his contract?

Nah, that would be far too logical.

JMHO

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think you are putting words in my mouth a little bit Hack..

Quote:

He is not being suspended for sexual assault...but because of his "alcohol" putting himself, his team, and the league in a bad light.

His use of or perhaps over use of alcohol played a part no doubt,, perhaps a big part, buthis actions after that were the thing that stands out.. the NFL is about protecting themselves and thier product. (image also)

Quote:

The motorcycle thing is not really in play...he was hit by a car...he was not wearing a helmet...but he was legally riding his bike..and its not illegal to not wear a helmet

Perhaps I'm wrong about this, but it used to be that if you wanted to ride a bike (in ohio) you either had to wear a helmet or prove you had so many hours riding a bike so you didn't have to wear it. (not sure, it's been close to 30 years since I've owned a bike in Ohio) Just wondering if it's the same in PA..

Anyway, I'm almost positive he had something about "risky" behavior in his contract.

But putting all that aside cause I can't prove any of it,,, the reason that Ben got the big penalty.... he's a target.., he put himself in those situations by being in a bar with underage kids.. that was idiotic.. there is no way to deny it.

Besides, the guy has won two superbowls, the league cannot afford to look week when penalizng a league star...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
All Pro
All Pro
I did not mean to put words in your mouth....the alcohol thing is actually Goodells words...that is why he is being suspended...everything else is speculation...and he said she said....there is zero proof that any illegal activities happened.

Goodell very well might be being heavy handed because of the "alleged" activities...but you will set a very slippery slope (as I jokingly tried to show earlier) about accusations being just as bad as actual events....so Goodell goes with a heavy hand and pushes the alcohol front.

Again...no charges were ever brought against him..so officially he has not been in trouble with the law. (heard that from Hassleback on ESPN earlier)

The motorcycle thing...while I won't pretend to know the PA law..or how it was written at this time....I do know for a fact it was not illegal to ride without a helmet at that time....as it came up constantly.

HACK

[Linked Image]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
It's being reported that the Browns HAVE NOT either contacted or have been contacted by the Steelers about Big Ben. So we can all chill now.

Source: Cleveland Browns have not been called by Steelers about Roethlisberger
By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer
April 21, 2010, 6:07PM

bigbendb.jpgAPBig Ben might be on the block, but the Steelers haven't called the Browns about him, a league source said. CLEVELAND -- The Browns have not been called by the Steelers about trading for suspended quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, a league source indicated to the Plain Dealer.

It's been reported by ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Browns were one of seven teams contacted by the Steelers, who are reportedly shopping Roethlisberger following his six-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy. Roethlisberger received the suspension, which could be reduced to four games or extended depending on his behavior, after sexual assault allegations in Georgia.

If he misses all six games and is still with the Steelers, he'd sit out the Oct. 17 game against the Browns. Schefter reported that the Steelers also called the Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, and Seahawks.

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora is also reporting that the Browns have not received a call from their AFC North rivals.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/04/source_cleveland_browns_have_n.html

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
to be honest, I doubt that bens on the trading block.. But if he is/was, I'd think it's a safe bet that the last team they want him playing for is a division rival...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

I did not mean to put words in your mouth....the alcohol thing is actually Goodells words...that is why he is being suspended...everything else is speculation...and he said she said....there is zero proof that any illegal activities happened.

Goodell very well might be being heavy handed because of the "alleged" activities...but you will set a very slippery slope (as I jokingly tried to show earlier) about accusations being just as bad as actual events....so Goodell goes with a heavy hand and pushes the alcohol front.

Again...no charges were ever brought against him..so officially he has not been in trouble with the law. (heard that from Hassleback on ESPN earlier)

The motorcycle thing...while I won't pretend to know the PA law..or how it was written at this time....I do know for a fact it was not illegal to ride without a helmet at that time....as it came up constantly.

HACK

Hack,

I've never seen you so riled up and irrational, you've usually got a pretty clear head about things. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Criminal or not, the dude is a tool and an idiot. The motorcycle thing and both instances with these women tell me he's an arrogant idiot, things that have been confirmed by his own statements over time. Great football player, but complete tool.

You don't want to believe it all because you want him to keep winning games for you, but the truth is, he's embarassed himself, the steelers, and the league.

It's reason enough for a suspension to have sex with a highly intoxicated woman in a public bathroom. Not a smart move if you're a celebrity QB in the NFL who is already invovled in a civil sexual harassment lawsuit.

Ben = Tool.

All Pro
All Pro
Im neither fired up...or irrational...LOL

I don't see how the motorcycle thing is even in this conversation...He was riding legally...he was following all the laws of the state...a woman ran a red light and hit him. The helmet laws in PA at the time (and possibly now) did not require a helmet to be worn. Poor judgment...but nothing I do not see from 75% of the riders I see everyday on the road (Ohio)

The first woman...her case has basically been ripped to shreds (until GA allegations) She told friends she had sex with him...and that she hoped to have his child, that they were going away for the weekend..etc....again..poor decision making...but again..nothing illegal

and finally the GA case..allegedly the girl left said bathroom and told her friends she just had unprotected sex with Ben Roethlisberger...friends take her to police officer...he asked did he rape you...she said no...he asked did yo have sex with him..she said I think so....they take her to the hospital for a rape kit....Doctors then stated there was no signs of forced vaginal penetration but that there was a small laceration in the genital area....then it came out that there was not enough DNA to even get a sample.

To test DNA they have said they need a nanogram of a sample....a raisin is a gram...a raisin cut into 1000 parts is a nanogram...there is normally enough of a DNA sample to test....and in this instant there was not.

The lack of evidence, and an uncooperative witness (the accuser) is why this was not pursued. No witness...and no evidence....no charges....yet somehow everybody suddenly is Quincy playing CSI and know what happened

You saying he had sex with her in the bathroom is exactly my point...she said he did...he said they didn't....the evidence and physical exam lean towards they did not....by the girls own original testimony she was not sure...yet as far as you are concerned it definitely happened.

Had the the DA had even an inkling of a case he would have went after Ben....but he did not.

To be honest...I have been doing this same debate on the Steelers board....where many want him gone..and many want him to stay.

One of my last statements to them was that I hoped Ben did get traded to the Browns...and then he could kick our butts twice a year for the next 10 years.

HACK

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Steel...I do understand your defense of Big Ben and based on what we know, I do agree, it does appear that Ben is getting a big hammer dropped on him by the NFL for exercising poor judgement.

BUT...keep in mind, the commish likely has much more info that is known publicly, therefore it is difficult for us football fans to draw a logical conclusion about Ben's punishment because we know only part of the story.

It is being reported (rumor) that the Steelers are trying to deal Ben to the Raiders and that several teams were listed as being in contact with the Steelers concerning Ben.

Well, it seems the Browns are denying any contact with the Steelers concerning Ben. My first instinct is the Steelers are trying to do a number on Big Ben's head, making him believe that his butt is on the trading block.

IMO, if the Steelers do trade Ben, you can bet that report that Goodell has is much worse than we know. If Ben is still with the Steelers come next Monday, it might be that the Steelers and NFL are making one helluva example of Ben, hoping it will help straighten him out as well as many other NFL players who are guilty of similar behavior.

It might be a strenuous weekend for Steeler fans...or it might be a good weekend for the Browns to finally fill the QB position...we shall see.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Roethlisberger suspended six games, must undergo evaluation

Link Copied to Clipboard