Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
no need at OL?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like the pick. His knee is a bit of a concern, but he is a solid player. He'll split time with Harrison this year. He really has no weaknesses, but he isn't a big play threat.

Legend
Legend
Heckert has done a good job picking players over the years .... so I'll defer to him right about now. (especially since I know nothing about the 2 second rounders except for the bios and blurbs)

Hopefully we wind up with 3 or 4 really good to great players out of this draft.

I do have to admit that I didn't see RB as a prime need at this point. I would have probably gone DL, OL, or even QB at this point. But ... what do I know?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

So now we haver a nickle corner who'll contribute on special teams (again ), an injury prone, undersized rather slow FS and tweener RB good for depth....

The plan is OBVIOUS ..... suck this year, so we can get our franchise QB next year.

Honestly though ... we'll have to wait and see. Over-reaction much on the quoted post? Even Django is saying ... "Woah man! Things aren't THAT bad".

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let me add this, if not for his knee, Hardesty may have been a first rounder.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
This draft is a complete bust. The only salvageable selection is Joe Haden. Everything else since is complete CRAP!

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

This draft is a complete bust. The only salvageable selection is Joe Haden. Everything else since is complete CRAP!

In your opinion.

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

In your opinion.

lets try this... if Oakland drafted the best corner in the first and then took a FS who was projected for the 4thish with multiple knee injuries and traded 2 5th rounds and a high 3rd round for a RB who was projected in the late 3rd and who has had multiple knee injuries as well in his career while only playing one full season...

would you make fun of them?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Let me add this, if not for his knee, Hardesty may have been a first rounder.

Not picking on you, but face it - if not for my lack of speed and ability, I would've been a first rounder. I mean, aside from that, I had everything. Toughness, fabulous hands, never fumbled, never hurt..........

It's like saying "if it weren't for all the crayfish in the yard, it would be perfect". But, the crayfish are there.

Or, if it weren't for the fact that I'm 20, I'd go to the bar and drink. But I'm not old enough.

If it weren't for the fact that Courtney Brown couldn't play, he would've been awesome.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
+1

I'm not ecstatic, but we got talent. The guys we are drafting are playmakers. Injury concerns mark it up a bit, but talent wise, it's there.

My concern right now is WR and possibly a QB.... can McCoy keep falling? Wow.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

In your opinion.

lets try this... if Oakland drafted the best corner in the first and then took a FS who was projected for the 4thish with multiple knee injuries and traded 2 5th rounds and a high 3rd round for a RB who was projected in the late 3rd and who has had multiple knee injuries as well in his career while only playing one full season...

If they came out of the draft with Joe Haden, TJ Ward and Monterio Hardesty, I wouldn't be picking on them at all.

Then again, I really like Haden and Hardesty having seen a lot of them.

you had a good run Hank.
D
1st String
1st String
D
Quote:

Quote:

So now we haver a nickle corner who'll contribute on special teams (again ), an injury prone, undersized rather slow FS and tweener RB good for depth....

The plan is OBVIOUS ..... suck this year, so we can get our franchise QB next year.

Honestly though ... we'll have to wait and see. Over-reaction much on the quoted post? Even Django is saying ... "Woah man! Things aren't THAT bad".

The plan is obvious alright...
We are going to run the ball right down their throats.
Great defense... great running game... Time for a right tackle...
2000 Ravens all over again.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I'd have preferred not drafting a back in 2010. Not thrilled with this one to be honest.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
1st String
1st String
D
Quote:

I'd have preferred not drafting a back in 2010. Not thrilled with this one to be honest.

ditto
I'm sure they have a plan... Holgrems a very smart man.
If it was all Mangini... We would all be nuts about now.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Big difference. He has great talent, and if healthy, he will be good.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Quote:

How much longer are we going to get tortured by that dang tebow picture?

Ugh.

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

In your opinion.

The people who create these pre-draft slots are not the ones who will be doing the selecting. I don't think too many teams are relying on Mel Kipers "big board" as their own.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

I know you follow this stuff 10 times more than I do - maybe 100 times more.

But it's not a "big difference"

If if if if if.......throw in any of our draft picks in the last 10 years.....if if if if.

I just don't see the upside to drafting a forecasted 4th rounder in the second round when he has proven he's injury prone.

IF it works out, great. Great for you, me and the Browns. IF he gets injured.......?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Did we really just trade up one spot?

D
1st String
1st String
D
Browns just traded up...
What 3 spots????
I am really confused now... not just regular confused

L
Legend
Legend
L
nope we didn't

gmstrong

-----------------

D
1st String
1st String
D
Wasn't trade up after all.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:

I just don't see the upside to drafting a forecasted 4th rounder in the second round when he has proven he's injury prone.

I agree.

Colt is a Brown.

gmstrong

-----------------

D
1st String
1st String
D
Colt McCoy

Rookie
Rookie
nope we didnt trade up.. just took Colt McCoy

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow, McCoy in the 2nd half of the 3rd...... great deal right there.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Rookie
Rookie
totally agree. i was hoping for a starting RG or RT but no way we could pass up colt with him still there

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Hardesty was my favorite RB in the draft class outside of Spiller....My concerns are around his injuries, but with him, Harrison, and Hillis, the RB stable seems to be set for the next few years

From a value standpoint, I thought he was an early 3rd round pick but I'll take it

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
Legend
Legend
WOW,,I was sitting at a bar when I looked up, The browns made a trade to move up and I thought (as did everyone else in the bar) the browns were going to take.., McCOY,..... EEEEEEEEE.. wrong

First thought we all had, who the hell is Montario Hardesty?

OK, I don't know diddddely about this guy,,, nobody did,, but OK

I leave the bar,, Come home,, turn on ESPN,,, and DAMN,, we just took McCoy... then we took a Guard after that..

All in all, so far, we got a couple of secondary guys that could seriously to well, a QB that could be the future and a Guard that could be decent///

So far, I'm happy

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Adrian Peterson has done ok if I'm correct...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/04/browns_gm_tom_heckert_discusse.html

Browns GM Tom Heckert discusses second-round selection of RB Montario Hardesty (video)

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Quote:

I leave the bar,, Come home,, turn on ESPN,,, and DAMN,, we just took McCoy... then we took a Guard after that..

All in all, so far, we got a couple of secondary guys that could seriously to well, a QB that could be the future and a Guard that could be decent///

So far, I'm happy

I'm always happy right after I leave the bar. Give it a couple hours.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

You are correct.

I like every pick we made except for the last one.. Hopefully he pans out at RG b/c we need serious help.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

You are correct.

I like every pick we made except for the last one.. Hopefully he pans out at RG b/c we need serious help.

I wish I felt the same way. Unfortuately I think this draft has been mostly a big fat whiff. I take sollace in my amateur status and hope I'm wrong. A bunch of gambles, a bunch of "depth" and concession picks but no day 1 starting studs. And a BUNCH of injury flags.

Please be wrong, please be wrong please be wrong.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend
we will see... we will see...

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You are correct.

I wish I felt the same way. Unfortuately I think this draft has been mostly a big fat whiff. I take sollace in my amateur status and hope I'm wrong. A bunch of gambles, a bunch of "depth" and concession picks but no day 1 starting studs. And a BUNCH of injury flags.

I disagree somewhat. I'm not thrilled with Haden because I really wanted Berry, but since he wasn't there Haden was the smart choice, and the choice that eveyrone thought we were going to make for the last two, three months. IMO he starts day 1 easily! The kid is smaller than I'd like, but he can make plays

I would have rather had the Safety out of USC, but Ward is a hard hitting safety who if he doesn't start should get a lot of playing time this year.

Hardesy won't start over Harrison but again he'll get a lot of touches. Hard-nosed runner who can break tackles... he played in the SEC so he's seen some good defenders... we'll see if it translates to the NFL, but he is a good running back! I was hoping for the guy from Stanford, but I've watched a lot of Tenn games and liked what I saw from him.

McCoy might make the field in a couple of wildcat positions this year, but he'll be third string this year, at best I don't see him taking over starting until two years.

And I don't know squat about the guard we took

<><

#gmstrong
1st String
1st String
I'm still trying to digest this selection several house after it's made. But I figure we've got to trust Heckert's judgement at this point. We won't know if things are going according to his plan until the draftees and their new teammates put on the pads for real. Everything else is just guesswork.

[color:"red"]"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
---Leonardo daVinci
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You are correct.

If i remember correctly most on here were extremely happy with the draft where we picked up Quinn. Things are hard to judge before they ever step on a practice field.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
He is what Jamal Lewis use to be...

Heavy RB with good speed...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If he was Jamal he would have gone much higher than he did. I love the pick, but don't exaggerate what he is.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Browns 2nd Round Pick II: Montario Hardesty (RB)

Link Copied to Clipboard