Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/06/report-lawrence-taylor-arrested-for-rape/

Report: Lawrence Taylor arrested for rape
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 6, 2010 10:45 AM ET
Pro Football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor has been arrested on rape charges, CBS 2 in New York is reporting.

According to the report, Taylor was taken into custody by the Town of Ramapo police after being accused of raping someone in the Holiday Inn Holidome Hotel in Suffern.

Few details are available, but the alleged rape is said to have occurred early Thursday morning, and police are expected to give more information at a news conference on Thursday afternoon.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It was Ben Rothlisberger in a Lawerence Taylor mask...

Legend
Legend
Ha ha ha...nice.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
S
Legend
Legend
S
apparently it wasn't just a girl, but a 15 year old girl.

http://bit.ly/9bvelo

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What in the hell is wrong with these guys...seriously?

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend
I just saw him on TV the other day talking about how he hit rock bottom and got his life back together.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

Lawrence Taylor has been arrested by Ramapo police after being accused of raping someone early Thursday morning at the Holiday Inn Holidome Hotel in Suffern, New York.

According to a report by CBS 2 in New York,

Details surrounding the rape have not yet been released other than the location and that it occurred early this morning. Charges against the Hall of Fame linebacker will be filed once police complete their investigation.

The Journal News is reporting that the authorities say the victim is "a 15-year-old girl, who apparently was a runaway from New York City controlled by a pimp" Taylor will be charged with third-degree rape, a charge that involves having intercourse with a minor. The Journal also indicates that the victim was allegedly beaten during the attack.

"She was a runaway since March and there was a pimp involved," [Ramapo Supervisor Christopher] St. Lawrence said. "She got punched in the face. We're not sure who did it."The police got involved after the girl texted her uncle as the pimp drove her down to the Bronx, St. Lawrence said. The uncle called the New York City Police Department and officers met the pimp's car in the city, St. Lawrence said.

Police are expected to hold a news conference this afternoon.

Known as L.T., Taylor was a Hall of Fame linebacker for the New York Giants who is widely considered one of the best defensive players ever to play in the NFL. His personal life, however, has been marred by drug and alcohol abuse.

In a 60 Minutes interview with Mike Wallace, Taylor admitted spending thousands of dollars a day on narcotics. He also copped to sending prostitutes to a an opponents' hotel room before a big game, and arriving to a team practice in handcuffs after a night with some call girls.

http://www.comcast.net/sports/writethatdown/4979/reportlawrencetaylorarrestedforrape/

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

They think they are the best thing since sliced bread and if they get in trouble,their money will buy them out of it which in most cases it does sad to say.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

One word,...

Money.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He should be sodomized and then killed.

Slowly.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

They think they are the best thing since sliced bread and if they get in trouble,their money will buy them out of it which in most cases it does sad to say.

And then I have to laugh at them when, a year, 3 years after playing, they are bankrupt.

M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
From the details of the story its not clear if LT was aware of the girls age or not, as it said she was brought to him by a pimp. He may have been under the impression she was an of age prostitute. Not that that makes it a whole lot better, but it would make me slightly less outraged I suppose. Admittedly I only skimmed though.

"All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine." - Charles Barkley
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O

He nailed a hooker. I doubt he knew she was 16. I doubt he bothered to check her ID.

When your life is allowed to go whatever way it wants for the vast majority of your days, it's damned-hard to start playing by rules as an older-than-middle-aged man. Is that an excuse for him? Nope, just a fact of human nature.

Maybe he can use the Big Ben excuse by saying he took one too many concussions, and because of that he can't help his behavior.............

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

From the details of the story its not clear if LT was aware of the girls age or not, as it said she was brought to him by a pimp. He may have been under the impression she was an of age prostitute. Not that that makes it a whole lot better, but it would make me slightly less outraged I suppose. Admittedly I only skimmed though.

Well assuming that the report is true that she was a prostitute then I assume he was arrested on statutory rape charges for having sex with an underage girl. I mean if you are paying a girl for sex it would be pretty hard for her to claim rape.

Then it also kind of makes me wonder if the pimp brought an underage girl on purpose,maybe they were trying to set him up for extortion.

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
That's what I heard ... he was arrested on 3rd degree rape charges, which is essentially statutory rape and not the sexual assault variety. It makes him slightly less of a scumbag in my eyes, but not by much.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

ESPN was reporting that the pimp brought the girl to Taylors room, She appeared beaten up (I question how ESPN could know that).

Now,, if you are a man with any sense at all,, you see a girl beaten up (if that's true), don't you begin to think that maybe this isn't a good idea?

Whatever happened, Taylor exibited poor judgement.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

That's what I heard ... he was arrested on 3rd degree rape charges, which is essentially statutory rape and not the sexual assault variety. It makes him slightly less of a scumbag in my eyes, but not by much.

Unless of course, he requested a underage girl.

KING

Legend
Legend
Had he done it in Virginia, it would have been legal and nobody would have been the wiser.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Had he done it in Virginia, it would have been legal and nobody would have been the wiser.

Why is that, is the age of consent lower in Virginia??

KING

Legend
Legend
Well, I don't know about these days, but in my youth when I was stationed in Little Creek, the legal age of consent was 16.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

He nailed a hooker. I doubt he knew she was 16. I doubt he bothered to check her ID.

When your life is allowed to go whatever way it wants for the vast majority of your days, it's damned-hard to start playing by rules as an older-than-middle-aged man. Is that an excuse for him? Nope, just a fact of human nature.

Maybe he can use the Big Ben excuse by saying he took one too many concussions, and because of that he can't help his behavior.............

No its not a fact of human nature. There are plenty of people that had it the way he had it and they didn't do the stupid crap he did. Keep making excuses for this dirtbag. My money says he knew she was under age.

[color:"white"]I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane -Waylon Jennings
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
I'm not excusing anything. He has always felt he could get away with anything because he's always gotten away with things.

When he'd get into trouble while playing, the owners of the Giants would take care of him because of what he did in terms of bringing the Giants a championship.

So, it doesn't take much logical thinking to understand when a person has had anything they wanted in their life and gotten it, and that when they've gotten in trouble and had it covered up or taken care of by someone else, it's hard for that person to suddenly play by the rules.

There's a fundamental difference between excusing an action and explaining the action.

Taylor didn't care that she was young. He probably loved it. He isn't going to ask her for her ID. He rented a hooker. He isn't going to make sure she's of consenting age before doing the deed.

Excused? No. Explained? Yes.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
he will be charged with, at the very least, statutory rape and solociting a prostitute.

Wasn't he in trouble before? The DA will attempt to establish a pattern of behavior.

M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
Something I wondered about because of the story that doesn't really relate to it...

If you have sex with an underage girl who lies about her age, you generally are still in deep doo doo, but what if the girl uses a fake ID to convince you she is of age and you do the deed. Then you get arrested and etc, but you claim she had an ID saying she was 19. The cops find the ID and its entered into evidence. Say all this happens, are you still guilty of statutory rape? Technically you still had sex with an underage girl, she just went to great lengths to deceive you. How does that work exactly?

I don't doubt this girl has a fake ID, but I do really doubt LT actually asked for it. But it made me wonder and I couldn't find the answer.

"All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine." - Charles Barkley
Legend
Legend
I wonder sometmes when I go out with friends to certain bars ....

There are sometimes girls in the bar who definitely look young ..... but suppsoedly have their IDs checked at the door. The law, and signs all say 21 and above ..... but I have seen some girls who look 16 or 17 drinking away. A guy in a bar would have a reasonable expectation that everyone in the bar is a certain age if that is what the law says.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I knew someone who had that exact same scenario. He was tricked into believing a girl was 20 (she actually was 17). And he was still charged.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
N
Legend
Legend
N
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5167613

Quote:

Early Thursday morning, Davis punched and kicked her, drove her to the hotel against her will and told her she had to have sex with Taylor, police said. When she refused, Davis handed her over to Taylor, who sexually assaulted her, they said. Taylor paid her $300, which she gave to Davis, police said.

if true, that does not look good. i mean Big Ben thinks LT should be locked up for a long time (if true).

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Well, I don't know about these days, but in my youth when I was stationed in Little Creek, the legal age of consent was 16.

OK you are right for some reason i thought it said she was 15, in Ohio it is 16 also.

KING

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Quote:

as an older-than-middle-aged man. .

What? Just so you know I'm middle aged and older than LT.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
See, it's like this...........LT played in the NFL so "older than middle aged" is like dog years............it's different because your body isn't as beat up as his, so you're younger.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Lawrence Taylor arrested on rape charges

Link Copied to Clipboard