Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Darrelle Revis is looking for a wild pay raise -- to $20 million per year, according to a report. The highest paid cornerback in the NFL last season, Dunta Robinson, formerly of the Houston Texans, earned $9.957 million. Revis said last week that he had begun contract negotiations with the Jets, and general manager Mike Tannenbaum has said he is committed to keeping the All-Pro cornerback in a Jets uniform for the rest of his career. However, with such a hefty price tag reported, the two sides could be farther apart than initially anticipated.

link

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
So he wants more than twice what the net highest player at his position makes?

Sounds reasonable when we have no idea what the cap will be next year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Dang,,, dude is a little goofy,,,,,,

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Just did somemath. Good news is that these numbers work! More power to Mister Bloatwallet if he can get it (just as long as it doesn't go to Brayin' Edwards!). Only one catch. He will have to move to Kansas to play in the 6-man football league the NFL is expanding there; those clubs can afford only 7.5 to 9 players with the salary sought. Winner of that league will play the winners of the Canadian vs. Arena football Victors' Bowl. Good luck on that salary thing. Palinesque.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Just did somemath. Good news is that these numbers work! More power to Mister Bloatwallet if he can get it (just as long as it doesn't go to Brayin' Edwards!). Only one catch. He will have to move to Kansas to play in the 6-man football league the NFL is expanding there; those clubs can afford only 7.5 to 9 players with the salary sought. Winner of that league will play the winners of the Canadian vs. Arena football Victors' Bowl. Good luck on that salary thing. Palinesque.

Question: What?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
Well, if the highest paid corner in the league made roughly $10 million last year, and by most people's account Revis is now the best corner in the game, he probably expects to be paid around $15 million per season and is starting the negotiations off a little on the high side

"All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine." - Charles Barkley
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Well, if the highest paid corner in the league made roughly $10 million last year, and by most people's account Revis is now the best corner in the game, he probably expects to be paid around $15 million per season and is starting the negotiations off a little on the high side

Ok,, Let's take a very positive view if this...

he wants to be a Brown,, so he's asking for the world in hopes we would trade for him......

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
After which (of course, we'll get him for a steal in the trade), he will sign a 10 year deal for only $2mil per season (with zero up front because he feels he should earn it)... and if we make the playoffs, he'll take less because "he gets the glory of the post-season".

I like it, we gotta get this guy

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

After which (of course, we'll get him for a steal in the trade), he will sign a 10 year deal for only $2mil per season (with zero up front because he feels he should earn it)... and if we make the playoffs, he'll take less because "he gets the glory of the post-season".

we already did, his names Joe Haden though

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Exactly,,, That's the way I see it happening

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Maybe I'm in the minority but I think scrabbles (nnamdi asomugha) is better than Revis. Revis just gets more hype playing in New York.

N
Legend
Legend
N
i think he was in '07 and '08 but his play dropped off a bit last year (not sure if he had some sort of injury or if it was a scheme change with Rob Ryan leaving)

'09 was the year of Revis at CB.....Asomugha could reclaim that throne this year.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

i think he was in '07 and '08 but his play dropped off a bit last year (not sure if he had some sort of injury or if it was a scheme change with Rob Ryan leaving)

'09 was the year of Revis at CB.....Asomugha could reclaim that throne this year.

I'm basing it off of entire body of work so that's why I give the edge to scrabbles.

N
Legend
Legend
N
as long as Ryan's schemes weren't a magical elixir for Asomugha, then I would agree.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

as long as Ryan's schemes weren't a magical elixir for Asomugha, then I would agree.

I hope they were, heck I hope Asomugha is as bad as Ralph Brown because imagine what he could do with our defense then!

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

I hope they were, heck I hope Asomugha is as bad as Ralph Brown because imagine what he could do with our defense then!

especially now that he is getting the strong, quick style of CBs that he covets

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
If he gets it he could literally buy an island and name it Revis. Might be hard to market it as a singles resort since he doesn't let anybody score.

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

If he gets it he could literally buy an island and name it Revis. Might be hard to market it as a singles resort since he doesn't let anybody score.

single's retreat for Mormon's?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I saw an article in a NY paper. Revis says he doesnt know where that $20 million figure came from he never said it and doesnt expect it. He expects more money but not $20 mill

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I saw an article in a NY paper. Revis says he doesnt know where that $20 million figure ca±e from he never said it and doesnt expect it. He expects more money but not $20

I read the same thing on NFL.com yesterday..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
That was just message board crap that got some legs.....I am sure he want's a nice salary/bonus, but he knows 20 mil isn't in the cards....does any QB make that kind of scratch??

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Maybe Manning,, dunno for sure..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
Pretty sure Peyton Manning's salary is around $18 million a season, but for a guy of that importance its a little easier to justify. Not that a shutdown corner isn't important, but as we've seen when Jim Sorgi enters the game...Peyton Manning is EXTREMELY important to the Colts.

"All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine." - Charles Barkley
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Darrelle Revis wants $20 million...per season??

Link Copied to Clipboard