Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fbn_favre_scandal

Uh oh. Mr. All Armerican, All Pro favre might be in trouble. Just hearsay at the moment - but hitting on massage therapists? Might be nothing, but an article was brought forth - apparently with enough that the NFL is looking into it.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I saw this about 2 months ago.

I wondered why the major news outlets weren't picking it up then.

I wondered why no one picked it up and put it on here.

I remember thinking this guy really is a teflon man.

Guess it takes a head to head match up with the JETS to bring it out.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
Legend
I would guess that this should probably go in the Tailgate Lot .. but anyway ......

I was just on the phone with a friend of mine. (female)

I asked her if this would work ... you know, a guy sending her a picture of is stuff with an invite to his hotel room .... she said (*censored* NO!)

She did say that a picture of a really nice dinner, with champagne, candles, a jaccuzzi, and a nice view might though.

Guess I should cancel my plans to send pictures to every woman I know until I get trhe damned table set ...... lol

Anyway ..... Favre didn't commit rape as was accused in the other notable QB case ..... but it's still pig behavior. (whether it's legal or not) If this is true .. and it should be rather easy to tell if he sent the pictures from his phone or not, then he should probably be suspended.

However, let's keep in mind that other sports figures have sent nude photos to girlfriends only to have them come to light later .... like Grady Sizemore, among others.

If I would have 1 word of advice for sport figures ..... it is ..... have sex if you want, with who you want .... but don't take pictures .... don't video tape it .... and make sure that it's consensual. Also, if you are married, remember that you're famous, and sooner or later, someone is going to see you with someone, and take a picture. Don't be surprised when this happens, and you are splashed across the front page of some newspaper in a passionate embrace and liplock with some woman whose name you can't even remember anymore. Further remember that the Bill Clinton defense only works if you are Bill Clinton. It has never been proven to work for anyone else.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Favre shouldn't have any punishment by the league on this. If cheating on your wife violates the NFL conduct policy, we could go entire weeks during the season with no games.

This is a far cry from what Pig Pen did.

His punishment will be with his wife who has appeared to stand by him faithfully throughout his career.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
I posted this more or less as a "look at this dumbass" kind of thing. And furthermore, it is a tale of the "famous athlete can do anything and get away with it" kind of thing.

Didn't favre have a wife?

When will these idiots figure out they can't hog the glory while they are glorifying the hog?

Maybe it's not true - I guess we'll see. But, even putting yourself in this situation is stupid - at least, if you love your wife.

Just another stupid jock, thinking he's all that plus a pat of butter. Better than anyone else.

Legend
Legend
It's not cheating .... it's if he sent a picture of his stuff, and hit on a woman who was associated with the team in a professional manner, and she made it clear that she did not welcome such advances. That's harrassment, and he could be suspended for it under the personal conduct policy.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

I was just on the phone with a friend of mine. (female)

I asked her if this would work ... you know, a guy sending her a picture of is stuff with an invite to his hotel room .... she said (*censored* NO!)

Ask her "if he's rich and famous would that make a difference?"

Ya know,.. just to see how truthful she really is.

Legend
Legend
I don't think that would matter with her. She dated a guy who worked minimum wage until recently.

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
I kind of thought the same thing, if T.O. or Randy Moss or someone were accused of this, they'd be crucified and it would be all over the news including sportscenter. Brett Favre does it (allegedly) and you barely here a thing or people justify it, sometimes have to wonder about the double standard.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
NRTU

How do they KNOW it's his? Who from the league is going to investigate that part of the offense???LOL

BTTB

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend
Man makes Lewd pass at two woman, sends pics of his package to another

Film at 11..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

It's not cheating .... it's if he sent a picture of his stuff, and hit on a woman who was associated with the team in a professional manner, and she made it clear that she did not welcome such advances. That's harrassment, and he could be suspended for it under the personal conduct policy.

I've always taken the approach that, if you're doing something that your spouse wouldn't approve of, it's cheating. Doesn't have to rise to the level of actually sleeping with someone. JMHO

But, as to this story, Lebron James is going to have a field day with this. Favre is cheating on his wife, and the media does hardly anything.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
I should have said "It's not THE cheating .... " rather that it's the harrassment aspect of it that is likely to cause him the most trouble.

Legend
Legend
Well, she probably had it coming to her....

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
Farve must have attended Tigers texting classes for the rich and famous.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
a man being a man.. lol..

I don't understand why the NFL needs to get into this though? I'm 100% sure it happens all the time, in all sports leagues.

Let the wife handle that.. she will put him in check REAL QUICK!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
If he made unwanted sexual advances on someone in the employ of his team ot the NFL he could be in major trouble. That's the bottom line.

If 2 people work together, and 1 person makes a sexual advance on another, and the "pursued" person says to stop, the pursuer has to stop. Now, there are some broader definition of workplace and co -workers because of the nature of the work done, and the arrangement as far as wether or not the women directly work for the team in the same manner as the players do, etc., but the bottom line is still the same. If a woman says "No" in or out of the workplace, the other person is expected to respect that. If the woman, for example, gave her cell number in the performance of her job, then the player using it to distribute sexual images in order to entice her into a sexual relationship could absolutely be considered harrassment under the law.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Turk, it's not about the cheating. It's called sexual harrassment and there are laws against that. She allegedly works for the TEAM.....there in lies the rub. She is a co-worker of his and therefore if the advances he made on her by allegedly sending a picture of his junk were inappropriate at the least and sexual harrassment at the worst. I've seen people lose their jobs for just touching a co-worker's in an unwanted fashion.
jmo

Oh, and to answer the question "If the guy has money does it make a difference?" As one of the few ladydawgs on here, I don't want a picture of some guys junk if he's trying to get me to go out with him. Maybe after we have been dating for a few months or more, then I might enjoy a picture of his junk.

[Linked Image from i8.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
and when his wife gets through with him, they really will be junk...

#GMSTRONG
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I didnt see anywhere in the story where it even remotely suggested that she told Favre to stop and he refused.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
Legend
Legend
I just assumed that "nasty" meant unwelcome. Maybe not.

S
Legend
Legend
S
jen sterger is HOT

D
Legend
Legend
D
I heard Favre's photo message had some words with it too:
Real. Comfortable. Junk.
No doubt Wrangler is not amused.

M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
Quote:

I don't think that would matter with her. She dated a guy who worked minimum wage until recently.

Well that might be enough reason for her to want a rich guy

"All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine." - Charles Barkley
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
j/c

Anyone following this story? He "allegedly" sent some pictures of his manhood to her.

Don't know if anything will come of it with the NFL - but expect to see a divorce soon.

Oh, I should add - his boozing and carousing was apparently well known when he was younger - his addiction to pain pills, etc.

But I thought - and he said many times - he was over that - past that - had things under control.

Nobody sends pics like that to women unless there on something - at least that's my opinion. Well, not someone that is "happily" married.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I didnt see anywhere in the story where it even remotely suggested that she told Favre to stop and he refused.

There isn't; according to her she never said anything to him about it.

However ... they were employed by the same company, therefore making them co-workers ...

... and it really doesn't matter whether or not your co-worker objects to picture messages of your dong ... you can't send them.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
That's hilarious.

I am unsure of workplace rules here. If he sent her texts outside of work how is that the NFL's concern? If I send a girl I work with an inappropriate text outside of work, my employer shouldn't be involved at all.

If that girl pressed charges then that's different.

I don't know all the ins and outs but it seems that the overly image conscientious NFL is going overboard on this.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Quote:

Quote:

There isn't; according to her she never said anything to him about it.

However ... they were employed by the same company, therefore making them co-workers ...

... and it really doesn't matter whether or not your co-worker objects to picture messages of your dong ... you can't send them.

I dont think it quite works that way in this case. Although Im not positive. I would assume that a player is a contract worker, and therefore not technically a Jets employee. Gameday massage extravaganza hostess was also most likely a contracted worker and not actually an employee.
While Im certainly no lawyer, I dont think the same rules apply as they do to your avg employee of company X.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
Legend
Legend
Is there anyone else who came up with really disgusting alternative commentary during the Favre "Wranglers" commercial ..... or was that just me ....? lol

Legend
Legend
Pretty much, but all the legalese in the world doesn't excuse poor judgement and being a general turd.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Pretty much, but all the legalese in the world doesn't excuse poor judgement and being a general turd.

In a court of law with a healthy bank account it does.

Legend
Legend
In your eyes, agree. Not in mine.

F
Legend
Legend
F

Personally, I don't think this story will remain "small", they will keep it "wrapped" up and not let the public get to "excited" with it, and cause this story to "grow".

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Steeler
Steeler
Top Ten Brett Favre Excuses

10."Part of my audition for 'Jackass 3D'"
9."Uhhh, I was dehydrated?"
8."An autograph seemed so impersonal"
7."Too many concussions"
6."Meant to send it to Commissioner Goodell"
5."No habla Ingles"
4."Offensive line let me down"
3."Don't blame me, I voted for Kucinich"
2."If I can't text inappropriate photos, then the terrorists have won"
1."Thought the cell phone was gum"

web page

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NFL Looking into Favre Allegations.

Link Copied to Clipboard