Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#536804 10/21/10 09:22 AM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Whos all getting it?

Just a heads up, Amazon has it for $54 right now and release day shipping for .99 cents. So about 10 bucks cheaper than going to the store to buy it.

Eat it Phil...
S
Legend
Legend
S
i preordered mine on amazon last week. got it for 54 (my gf uses amazon prime so i get free same day shipping) and i also got another 10$ off because i had a credit from 2k11.

can't wait.

hopefully better than world at war, but i do hear the zombies will be back. i thought the zombies in waw made that game worth it.

Legend
Legend
I'm a little on the fence on this one. My nephew play the previous one a lot and kept bugging me to buy it. At the time I was really into our College Football online league and Killzone 2. So it seemed like a waste of money to get a 3rd game (and it being a 2nd FPS in that time).

It's been a while since I was into a FPS....so maybe it's time. I'll have to ask my nephew if he's getting it too.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
S
Legend
Legend
S
remember that this one is a treyarch game and not infinity ward... while it may be call of duty, they have not quite lived up to what infinity ward brings everytime they put out a COD game.

world at war was a disappointment, but i really think this is gonna be a better game.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I like the call of duty series, but not sure I want to shell out 60 bucks right now.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

remember that this one is a treyarch game and not infinity ward

I'm pleased that treyarch is making this one, they released a ton of patches and map packs for world at war.

I realize I'm in the minority, but I liked that game.

I'm holding out hope that treyarch will bring back the 48 player servers for PC, if they do I'm definitely getting it.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Yup, I didn't think World at War was that bad. They had some pretty good ideas, like making the rifle mounted grenade the last unlock for a rifle, and even then, not allowing people to use them for like the first 10 seconds of a map to prevent spamming. Some of the new game modes in Black Ops look pretty cool, plus I'm interested in seeing how the money system works.

I pre-ordered mine at Gamestop and already paid in full. The problem is, I work Monday night into Tuesday morning, so I won't be able to participate in the MW2 tourny's they're running up at Easton, but I took Tuesday night off work, so I'll be able to log plenty of hours.

[Linked Image from ps3gc.com]
S
Legend
Legend
S
world at war single player was horrible, but the multiplayer was not bad, definitely not up to par with mw1 and mw2 though.

blackops looks good though. crossbow? yes please.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Quote:

world at war single player was horrible, but the multiplayer was not bad, definitely not up to par with mw1 and mw2 though.

I never once touched the single player campaign on W@W. It was all multiplayer and zombies. In fact, I spent about 4 hours playing zombies with some friends last week.

[Linked Image from ps3gc.com]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

I never once touched the single player campaign on [Email]W@W.[/Email] It was all multiplayer and zombies. In fact, I spent about 4 hours playing zombies with some friends last week.

the zombies made that game a positive.

but yes, the sp campaign was bad. even jack bauer's voice in the game couldn't save it.

some of the multiplayer maps were very enjoyable though.

S
Legend
Legend
S
anybody read the article on ign about blackops?

they revealed some of the multiplayer modes.

first one off the bat, "one in the chamber" you have a handgun with one bullet. if you hit someone, they die instantly, and you get another bullet. if you don;'t you are stuck with a knife. awesome.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pre-ordered it on Amazon to get the $20 game credit in the future and I also got the release-date delivery for 99 cents. Can't wait for this game.

[Linked Image from i190.photobucket.com]
S
Legend
Legend
S
does anyone still play mw1 online for ps3?

i picked up the game for 10 bucks, tried to play online, and had tons of problems. first time around the game would start, your guy would literally have unrealistic speed, and the game would soon end. i tried again yesterday and it worked, but the game acted really weird, and my class was named like 2k312411 is my daddy, each word being in my weapon class.

and my stats got bumped up to rank 55, and i had almost all the stuff unlocked. lame.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Anyone have it yet? How is it compared to MW2?

Anyone remember off how many characters you get to use for your Clan TAG?

Eat it Phil...
Legend
Legend
Is this available on Coleco?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
S
Legend
Legend
S
ign is giving it like an 8.4 or 8.5, which is lower than world at war.

it still looks pretty good though. it's sitting at home right now waiting for me. i don't even know if i have the energy to play. i'm dead tired.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Its getting high ranks on Metacritics, but low user scores. In my opinion its probably following the same fate as Guitar Hero, great but more of the same and people are getting bored.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
S
1st String
1st String
S
I got it yesterday and was playing it on a ps3 here are my observations.....

multiplaying MW2 has the edge this game just feels more cartoonish than MW2... dont know how i feel about the buying perks options with the new guns course I am only level 4

Campaign.... story lines kinda neat... dont play with lil kids anywhere near tho the guy they are interogating drops the F bomb ALOT for a game... game play on campaign tho everything feels forced.... the game makes you walk, not aim till everything is set up and basically so far not alot of free will if that makes sense.....

Zombie mode is pretty sweet course I love the zombie mode in W@W

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Yeah, I was playing the Zombie mode last night when you were on, I never had WaW so that was my first time trying it out, it was pretty cool.

I had to log off though right after that, the misses was getting antsy.

Eat it Phil...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
my only observation is that i played the campaign mode on the ps3 version in 3d on a 46 inch 3D tvwith surround sound in the pitch dark and it was freakin intense!

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I've been playing for a couple of days now. I love the buying upgrades and not wasting your time getting the stuff your not interested in. I've also noticed less camping. Of course that will probably change over time.

The one thing I'm not really enjoying is the spawning. You tend to spawn in some really crappy places. There have been a couple of times where I got a cheap kill because someone spawned right in front of me. I've also died from the same thing happening to me.

Other than that I like this game a lot.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

The one thing I'm not really enjoying is the spawning. You tend to spawn in some really crappy places.

I second that.

Eat it Phil...
S
Legend
Legend
S
the spawning can be fixed though, with patches, right?

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Quote:

I would think so.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I would think so.

Yeah the devs at Treyarch were always good about reading the forums and listening to what the community had to say for World at War.

Check out callofduty.com and see if a thread is started regarding the situation. If not start one, they listen.

S
Legend
Legend
S
thoughts..

finished single player. it was ok. the ending was really stupid. i want to play an ending scene, not sit there and watch.

zombies? cool, didn't go too much into it.

multiplayer? awesome. 2 thumbs up for treyarch. this game looks and feels good. better than world at war. love the points system. love that it has a mw2 feel.

i actually expected it to not be as good as it is.

and i love the maps too. nuketown is awesome and hilarious.

totally agree about the spawning points. i went through a stretch last night where i got shot and killed within 1 or 2 seconds of being spawned 5 straight times. gotta fix it.

other than that. i love it.

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
One thing I love about this game, the ability for both my son and I to play online at the same time. It's in split screen, but at least I don't have to pay for two games or worse yet, just have sit and watch lol

#gmstrong
S
1st String
1st String
S
just clickin on ya....

what types of set ups are you guys using??? curious as to what is working for you guys... I am level 27 I think

I am using the
Famas with red dot/ext mag
Semtax
Claymore
Stun Grenades
Ghost
Warlord
Ninja

Any other set ups i should try

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I was using the Famas for awhile, im using the Ak47 right now, doesnt do a lot of damage though. I like the Tomahawks, I actually like the Decoy bomb, I love tossing that and watch guys flock to it and just picking them off.

Eat it Phil...
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
From the Black ops site it says the following:
"Jump into Combat Training and hone your tactics against A.I. bots in both Free-For-All and Team Deathmatch game modes."

Is there a single player mode to play against AI bots or is it setup just to be able to add bots to online matches?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I cant believe the big deal people are making over Kobe in the commercial

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

I cant believe the big deal people are making over Kobe in the commercial

i know. it's a freaking video game. oh man they have guns!

although i find it funny that kobe was noob-tubin.

my girflriend and i have been arguing for the last 2 weeks about the guy at the end of the commercial in the fast food getup with the stache. i say it's george parros from the anaheim ducks, she says no.

S
Legend
Legend
S
anyone notice the double rainbow in "nuketown"?

what does it mean?

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
They supposedly put out a patch that would fix the spawning. So far I don't see a difference. I still get spawned in a room with the enemy or they get spawned behind me.

This to me is a huge flaw in the game.

S
Legend
Legend
S
outside of that, the game is amazing.

and i love the zombie mode. tons of fun.

123 Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

outside of that, the game is amazing.

and i love the zombie mode. tons of fun.

agreed its a great game in the series, the maps are great!

oioioioi
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Playing the pentagon has led to some serious hilarity.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

what does it mean?

Dont know but Nuketown is my favorite map for Team Death Match.

I love this game but right now am just getting my ass handed to me in online play,does unlocking all the weapons and perks make a real big difference in your chances??

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

what does it mean?

I love this game but right now am just getting my ass handed to me in online play,does unlocking all the weapons and perks make a real big difference in your chances??

KING

not really. i haven't used any of the attachments other than extended mag. and i am still using the same 4 or 5 guns trying to beat all their challenges.

and with asking about the double rainbow, i was mocking the guy in the famous youtube video wanting to know what it meant when he was going nuts over the double rainbow.

-
1st String
1st String
-
Quote:

Quote:

what does it mean?

KING

Umm.. yesss

You really don't unlock a great gun until the high 30's low 40's in my opinion

until then you kinda just gotta make your way through

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Call of Duty: Black Ops

Link Copied to Clipboard