Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
j/c

I'm thinking this was a good for the big "0" as far as a second term. If things turn around now, he can claim it as his and things stay status quo and he gets another 4 years and if they don't, he just says, "See I told you so". But all in all a good thing for the country as now both sides have to start working together for everyone instead of just one party.

THANK THE MAKER THAT THE COMMERCIALS ARE DONE!! Of course the big "0" will probably start his campaign for President next week.

"My signature line goes here."
B
Rookie
Rookie
B
The Democrats were absolutely destroyed in Ohio and Florida. This is bad news for Obama in 2012. He can still turn things around but he will have a tough time being re-elected if he cannot carry these states. Obama must listen to the voters message yesterday if he wants a second term.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Eh, I guess I just don't buy that.

Obama hasn't done anything in his 2 years that he didn't say he was going to do (on substantive policies). No one should be surprised in the least that he blew up government spending. Not one bit.

For people to now say they're voting against that is silly. Vote against a guy for doing what he said he's going to do.

Which leads me back to the fact that a lot of people voted for Obama not because of his policies but because of the celebrity of it. And because he wasn't George Bush.

So, once again, that comes back, at least for me, on the voters. I voted for you, but now that you're doing what you said you would, I'm voting against you.

I honestly don't know if it's so much that the same people that voted for it, are now voting against it, as it is that you didn't have the 18-25 year old crowd out voting yesterday, like you did when it was "cool" to vote for Obama...

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
That's a good point, too.

In Wood County, Ohio, which is pretty conservative, they had 99% voter turnout. In Cuyahoga County, which is pretty liberal, they had less than 50%.

Many of those in Cuyahoga County may come out in 2012 and vote for Obama.

Not a guarantee, but I wouldn't be surprised by it.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I don't think I was very clear. I wasn't saying he is both. Those to reasons should have had an or between them.

I knew what you meant I figured it was either/or

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
You are assuming people actually pay attention to what candidates say.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

You are assuming people actually pay attention to what candidates say.

And therein lies even more of the problem.

And it's not just one party over the other. People in general just don't pay attention.

I certainly don't pay as much attention as I'd like, but I like to think I'm at least somewhat of an educated voter.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
I would hit the "like" button but I can't find it around here

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

That's a good point, too.

In Wood County, Ohio, which is pretty conservative, they had 99% voter turnout. In Cuyahoga County, which is pretty liberal, they had less than 50%.

Many of those in Cuyahoga County may come out in 2012 and vote for Obama.

Not a guarantee, but I wouldn't be surprised by it.

Prop 25 passing in California might be bad for Obama in 2012 as well.. though it might not be until the 2016 until California has a big Republican uprising after seeing Democratic State legislators screw up California's budget even more... and they won't have the Republicans to blame anymore.

Well the whole country was going on a anti-democratic rampage... California was in love with the dems.. but then again it didn't help with who the Republicans put up for some races. Heck even a dead Democrat candidate handily defeated their Republican counterpart in a race for the State Leg. A few more election cycles, California may turn a different color.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I'm thinking this was a good for the big "0" as far as a second term

Historically, you're correct.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if his administration was a little bit happy about the results ... gives him a big cushion.

Also, it's important to remember, rhetoric, not record, determines elections ... come 2012 he'll be a celebrity again.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
J/C

I don't have much faith in this government. Part of me wants to believe in it but I still think both sides are going to stick to partisan politics and in two years we're going to be in the same position.

Maybe Ron Paul can have a voice in two years?

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
It actually could get worse really quick. In the lame duck session, they have to address the tax cuts or we are really going to be in a pickle on Jan 1. They also have not addressed the alternative minimum tax; they also have not addressed or passed a budget for fiscal 2011.

To me, as a mid term election was coming, it was amazingly stupid for the democratic congress to go on recess and not address the tax cuts before the election. Pres. Obama said that it was pretty much a done deal that everyone making less than 250k was going to get the tax cut. They should have passed something.
Also, the first thing they should have tackled out of the gate was jobs, jobs, jobs. They should not have spent so much time on a very complex health care plan, although some provisions in this plan will really help my family out but we still don't know the cost going forward

Legend
Legend
I just watched a part of President Obama's Press Conference. He said that he ..... "reached out to winners and losers on both sides in yesterday's election".

Umm ....... what Republican losers did he reach out to? lol

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I just watched a part of President Obama's Press Conference. He said that he ..... "reached out to winners and losers on both sides in yesterday's election".

Umm ....... what Republican losers did he reach out to? lol

What strikes me about Obama now is that he wants to tackle earmarks now... Why now? Why not a year ago back when both houses of Congress were in Democratic hands? Now that the Republicans are taking control of the House, Obama wants to tackle earmarks.. Even though, some republicans do want to get rid of earmarks being issued left and right, Obama cannot open his mouth on this..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I caught part of the speech myself. I almost choked on my taco when he said he was open to the GOP's ideas as long as it didn't add to the deficit. Add to the deficit. He actually said as long as it didn't add to the deficit.

And not one reporter challenged him on that incredible, 1 trillion dollar statement.

Legend
Legend
I wonder if he gets it.

Seriously. He really seems like a true believer ...... so maybe he won't listen at all and will try to push his agenda no matter what the American people seem to want.

For as much grief as Bill Clinton took for constantly shifting with the changing winds, this guy seems to be the exact opposite. I don't see compromise in his future for very long.

It was also particularly telling when he said something along the lines of "We just didn't take the time to explain things well enough" .......

Well golly gee Jim Bob, y'all bin in that thar outhouse a long dern time. When's ma turn?

I do get the feeling that he sees himself as the "educated upper class", while the rest of us are just .... so .... slow ..... and can't possibly understand .... because if we could, November 2 wouldn't have happened.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Does he get it? No. I honestly don't think he's that "smart." He's savvy, but no Bill Clinton, who by the way, was our best Republican president since Reagan. I made more money during his tenure than in Bush's.

It's like that post from an article in the American Spectator about the "ruling class." He's Harvard, intellectual, and in power, and I believe completely drunk with what he thought was a validation of him and his beliefs (and they are all guilty of doing that) and not a vote, in 08, for a change in how things were getting done.

Instead he went down the long liberal road of growing the government not unlike his predecessor who went down the same road albeit in a neoconservative way. Again, ruling class. THAT, was a great article.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Don't forget to vote!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard