Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1488 Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Was wondering if any one has this yet and any positives about it. Its for my 6 year old for Christmas so cant check it out till then. Just wanted to see what ppl thought about it. Thx.

Last edited by 1488; 11/16/10 03:22 PM.

[Linked Image from img.villagephotos.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hope your cousin doesn't have darker skin complexion, apparently the kinect sometimes has trouble picking up darker skin.

This from Grobart of the ny times
"So no encoded bigotry going on here, just a touchy light sensor"

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
The wife wants one....but I'm not sure about the longterm playability. Once you get done with the dancing game and then play the comparible "Wii sports" offering....where do you go from there? Gaming is still 99% controller based.

I'm not dogging it.....stuff like this is fun, for a while. Thing is, I know a ton of people that bought the Wii, played it non-stop for 2-3 weeks, and then never turn it back on again (unless they bought more controller based games later).

And maybe the big loser is the PS3. The Wii came on and took the indutry by storm. They were impossible to find and sold the heck out of it. PS3 hits with a copy of the Wii way too late....and then a few weeks later, the Xbox crushes them with camera-only-based option that has everyone talking again.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
i got it and like it a lot. it's much more involved than a wii and still in high-def. it's pretty accurate, especially since it just came out. it definitely won't be down to a waggle-contest like with the wii. there is skill involved. i'm also looking into the ea exercise game. this thing can definitely get your heart rate up and i was already really active.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Just got the kinect with the xbox 360 250gb.

Link Copied to Clipboard