Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#568298 02/10/11 12:58 AM
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Who will/should we tender?
Will we still make tenders with no new CBA by the new year (March 4th)?

(6) or more accrued Seasons;
URFA ?
Tender amount 110% of last years salary as in 2010 ?
Signing period March 5th - June 1st ?

Phil Dawson*
Floyd Womack*
Seneca Wallace*
Matt Roth*

(5) accrued Seasons;
RFA as in 2010 or URFA ?
Signing period March 5th - April 15th ?

Jayme Mitchell*
Chris Gocong
Abram Elam*
Lawrence Vickers*
D'Qwell Jackson*

(4) accrued Seasons;
RFA as in 2010 ?
Signing period March 5th - April 15th ?

Eric Wright*
Chansi Stuckey
Sabby Piscitelli

* = those players I would like to see us tendered for 2011.

I don't think any are worth a franchise tag.
Will the Transition tag be available in 2011?

If and when there is a FA period who should we go after from other teams.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There is CURRENTLY no transition tag for 2011.

Legend
Legend
I think it's a little strange that we get no injury updates on D'Qwell Jackson, yet the Clevelandbrowns.com website had an entire article on just Robaire Smith.. Makes you say hmmm...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but if the CBA expires then we can't tender anyone, because no team is allowed to contract with free agents until a new CBA in place. What happens at that point all depends on the language of the new CBA.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think it's a little strange that we get no injury updates on D'Qwell Jackson, yet the Clevelandbrowns.com website had an entire article on just Robaire Smith.. Makes you say hmmm...

I bet that speaks volumes about his recovery and/or thier desire to retain him.

It's like, who cares, he's gone anyway....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

It looks like I forgot 3 URFA (UFA).
My apologies.

Robaire Smith
Alex Smith
Billy Yates

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'd like to keep Jackson if possible. But he might be set on going to another team. Remember that last year we tendered him, and I don't think he was too enthusiastic about it.

He's wanted a long-term contract for awhile.

But we might have the best deal on the market for him, and I'd love to see what he could do in the 4-3 defense. He could play ILB or WILL for us, and I think he'd be much more effective at that than as 3-4 ILB.

I'd also like to keep Robaire Smith if he isn't expensive, we also might be the best deal that he could get. He's had experience playing in the 4-3 and could offer valuable depth. Unfortunately, I feel like he keeps on getting injured. When he does play though, he's pretty good.

I also wanted to keep Kenyon Coleman...... and I felt that Robert Royal was very valuable to us as a run blocker, and effective enough at running routes and getting open, that he can at least function as a decoy (just don't throw him the ball on third down!). From other people's posts, I guess he was a good blocker on special teams also. As our third TE, I really don't think he's bad. Having Evan Moore block on run playings is nowhere.

Of course I have no idea what these guys salaries are. Just saying if Royal isn't expensive, we should keep him until we find someone who is actually better than him. Same thing with Coleman who seemed to improve last year and was actually a pretty good lineman. I don't know that much about the difference between 3-4 DE and 4-3 DT, but I don't see why he can't make the switch. He's been around enough to line up at different gaps on the D-Line many times in his career

The other guy I'd like to give an offer to (and leave it on the table) would be Matt Roth. 2 or 3 year deal, and see what he decides. As someone said before, a franchise tag could cost 13 million or something ridiculous like that. But a nice 2 or 3 year deal to see if he can work in a 4-3 would be nice. I like Matt Roth, and I think he might be able to make the switch to 4-3 DE. He's a big strong bull rusher with a lot of heart. I think he could be effective, at least at stopping the run and putting some sort of pressure on the QB.

I think he went to Univ. of Iowa, it's not like he didn't play 4-3 DE in college. I'd like to give him a chance. And if he wants to go test the market, he can, just let him know the offer is open. (I get the feeling someone like New England will pick him up though, I'd say the Jets but they prob don't have the cap space)

And finally, I'd like to leave Chanci Stuckey as an option open. He was our best WR last year, and I think he's definitely a better option than Josh Cribbs (who I would rather see go back to his special teams extraordinaire only role, KR/PR, Kick and Punt Gunner). I know he wants to play WR, but he got his new contract, he should do what the team wants him to do

And Billy Yates, he's a good backup linemen. He filled in well. I bet he'd be cheap, and another year gelling with our line would make him a good fit for having to fill in if necessary

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 02/10/11 11:26 AM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Just my predictions

Phil Dawson = gone
Floyd Womack = signed
Seneca Wallace = signed
Matt Roth = gone
Jayme Mitchell = signed
Chris Gocong = signed
Abe Elam = signed
Lawrence Vickers = gone
DQ = gone
Eric Wright = signed
Chansi Stuckey = gone
Sabby Piscatelli = signed
Robaire Smith = retired
Billy Yates = signed
Alex Smith = gone

Jake Delhomme = cut

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Vickers,Dawson,and maybe Roth.
The rest are nothing more than names,and can be had for a dime a dozen.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
j/c

Keep
Phil Dawson
Floyd Womack
Abe Elam
DQ
Eric Wright
Lawrence Vickers

Offer made but don't break your back
Seneca Wallace
Matt Roth
Jayme Mitchell
Chris Gocong
Sabby Piscatelli
Billy Yates
Chansi Stuckey

Let walk
Robaire Smith
Alex Smith

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
If we let Vickers go, I'm gonna be PISSED.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

x2. The guy is a bulldozer and is even capable to making the odd play when called upon. Good FBs are not the easiest thing to find.

N
Legend
Legend
N
this is other team's FAs but some thoughts from reading through Don Banks latest article. Here are the points that stuck out for me.

Possibly a solution at MLB. That's where Barnett was most successful in his career and his wrist injury should not be recurrent (assuming his knee should be okay). He could be our "Fujita" signing this offseason.

Quote:

Green Bay Packers

Who's the odd man out in the Packers' logjam at inside linebacker, Nick Barnett or A.J. Hawk?

We know Desmond Bishop isn't going anywhere since he just signed a four-year contract extension late in the season. That leaves Green Bay facing a choice between Barnett, the eighth-year veteran who will be 30 in May, and Hawk, who just completed the most productive of his five NFL seasons since being the team's first-round pick in 2006.

Barnett and his troublesome Twitter account would be the fairly easy choice to go, all things being equal. He played in just four games this season before suffering a year-ending wrist injury, and his 2008 season was also cut short by seven games, due to a knee injury.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/wr...l#ixzz1DbCQLQGt

I'm less adept to taking a gamble on Haynesworth, but if we end up with Cam Jordan for DE in the draft, that still leaves a rather large hole at DT. If he's cheap enough, I'd at least consider him:

Quote:

in the case of Haynesworth, there will be takers willing to gamble on his talent. With ex-Titans defensive line coach Jim Washburn now working in Philly, the Eagles and Redskins could very well orchestrate a blockbuster trade for the second offseason in a row. McNabb and Haynesworth might have been benched and/or suspended, but they don't have to be given away.

I've always liked Reggie Bush. He has a nose for the endzone and is a dynamic PR to boot. He's a guy who would help open up our offense a great deal (he wasn't worth the #2 pick but why should we care about that)

Quote:

Just how big a paycut is Reggie Bush willing to take to remain a Saint?

The NFL's most over-paid role player (and we're talking in league history, not just in 2010) said last month he's willing to restructure his salary to remain in New Orleans. What a team guy. As if he had a choice in the matter.

#gmstrong
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Just my predictions

Phil Dawson = gone
Floyd Womack = signed
Seneca Wallace = signed
Matt Roth = gone
Jayme Mitchell = signed
Chris Gocong = signed
Abe Elam = signed
Lawrence Vickers = gone
DQ = gone
Eric Wright = signed
Chansi Stuckey = gone
Sabby Piscatelli = signed
Robaire Smith = retired
Billy Yates = signed
Alex Smith = gone

Jake Delhomme = cut

Here's mine;

Phil Dawson = Franchised ???
Floyd Womack = Tendered
Seneca Wallace = Tendered
Matt Roth = Gone
Jayme Mitchell = Tendered
Chris Gocong = Gone
Abe Elam = Tendered
Lawrence Vickers = Tendered
DQ = Tendered
Eric Wright = Tendered
Chansi Stuckey = Gone
Sabby Piscatelli = Gone
Robaire Smith = retired
Billy Yates = Tendered
Alex Smith = Tendered

Jake Delhomme = cut

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd like Nick Barnett or AJ Hawk. Either would be good for our defense. I like that article NoLogo.

I don't want Haynesworth, the guy's a complete jerk. Ever since I saw him step on that poor guy's head, I've wanted nothing to do with Albert Haynesworth

I just don't see where Reggie Bush would have that much of a spot on this team. May be as a compliment to Hillis, but Hillis is good at catching the ball for a RB.

Although Bush could become the Brown's Brian Westbrook, he's still young and definitely has talent.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
Some Doerschuk Free Agent Thoughts.

http://blogs.cantonrep.com/freshbrownies/free-agents-browns-might-target/

Free agents Browns might target

Feb 10th, 2011 @ 5:04 pm by Steve Doerschuk
Cleveland isn’t big enough for Braylon, but B-17 isn’t big enough to get a sniff anywhere close to the top of the Sporting News list of the top free agents.
The Browns-turned-Jets wideout is ranked 46th on the fresh-out-of-the-oven (but subject to being tweaked) Sporting News top 99.

You’re more interested in players the Browns might actually sign, we’ll guess.

Defensive tackle Barry Cofield (No. 51) is a possibility. He grew up in the Cleveland area and helped the Giants win a Super Bowl in their 4-3.

Mike Holmgren has been known to give guys second chances. Santonio Holmes’ 2010 offseason misdeeds won’t keep the Browns from inquiring about Steelers-turned-Jets wideout Santonio Holmes (No. 15).

Lance Moore (No. 56) has spent six years with the Saints, topping 65 catches in two of the last three years. His quickness and ability to get open on short routes fit a West Coast mentality. He played for Westerville North High School and then for the Toledo Rockets.
• • •
The top 10 overall:
1, QB Peyton Manning; 2, DT Haloti Ngata; 3, CB Nnamdi Asomugha; 3, QB Michael Vick; 5, WR Vincent Jackson; 6, LB LaMarr Woodley; 7, RB DeAngelo Williams; 8, CB Champ Bailey; 9, FB Le’Ron McClain; 10, LB Tamba Hali.
Reminders that Phil should have picked Ngata, not Wimbley, keep coming up.
• • •

The next 10:
11, C Ryan Kalil; 12, G Logan Mankins; 13, TE Owen Daniels; 14, WR Sidney Rice; 15, WR Santonio Holmes; 16, WR Malcom Floyd; 17, P Michael Koenen; 18, CB Antonio Cromartie; 19, DE Cullen Jenkins; 20, DT Brandon Mebane.
There’s no chance the Browns get Mankins, 28. They already had a lopsided investment in the O-line with Mack, Steinbach and Thomas and must conserve money to extend Thomas’ deal after 2011.

Holmes? Hmmmmm.
• • •

The Sporting News is not impressed with outgoing Browns talent.
But then, you weren’t impressed by anything Eric Wright did in 2010, either. He didn’t make the top 99. Neither did the other free agent from the Browns’ starting 2010 secondary, Abe Elam.

LB D’Qwell Jackson is the only 2010 Brown to be mentioned, at No. 82.
Jackson told us in December he is better suited to a 4-3. He might be a useful player who can be talked into staying, but given his pectoral problems in ‘09 and ‘10, he’ll probably wind up signing a short-term, low-dollar deal.

Jackson turns 28 in September.

• • •

Matt Roth’s exclusion from the list isn’t likely to burst his bubble. All it takes is a GM or two who think he’s a rock and the list is all wet.

• • •

One of the worst mistakes on the list, I think, is burying safety Donte Whitner all the way down at No. 69.

Whitner shouldn’t have been a top-10 pick, as he was with the Bills in 2006, but he is a very good player. He also is a Cleveland native. He played high school ball at Glenville before going to Ohio State.

Whitner can play strong safety or free safety. T.J. Ward and Whitner could be a very nice pair.

• • •
You realize this list doesn’t mean much as long as the league and the union keep running their game of chicken with the CBA. Heckert is proceeding as if if he’ll need to sign people at a moment’s notice in March.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Quote:

He's gone. he's best used in the power run game, he'll go to pitt most likely.

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Good read YTown,

I think Donte Whitner could be doable.

Other teams don't seem to be waiting around until there is a new CBA.

The Redskins have reportedly set up a meeting with Rogers.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 02/11/11 12:38 AM.

[Linked Image]

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Rogers is already a free agent though. He can meet with and sign a contract with any team he chooses, up until the CBA expires (assuming, of course, that a new one isn't put in place).

FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Rogers is already a free agent though. He can meet with and sign a contract with any team he chooses, up until the CBA expires (assuming, of course, that a new one isn't put in place).

I was just saying that some teams are not waiting on the New CBA before they start courting players. I know that Rogers is free to sign with any team of his choice. The point being is that some teams are still active regardless of a new contract between the owners and players union.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think his point is that Rogers is a free agent now since he was released from an existing contract. Guys whose contracts expire at the end of the 2010 season are not yet free agents (that's in March, IIRC) and cannot be contacted by other teams.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think his point is that Rogers is a free agent now since he was released from an existing contract. Guys whose contracts expire at the end of the 2010 season are not yet free agents (that's in March, IIRC) and cannot be contacted by other teams.

That is correct as I understand it.

Players who are free agents today can sign new deals. Guys who will be free agents at the end of the league year cannot.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Bingo. Teams can court Shaun Rogers because he is not currently under contract with a team and the CBA is still in place for three more weeks. Once it expires, teams cannot negotiate a contract with any player, whether he is a free agent or under contract (in terms of negotiating an extension with his current team). In fact, teams are not permitted to have any contact with players after the CBA expires, including contact between players and coaches. Also, no team can, before the CBA expires, court a player currently under contract…that's tampering, and goes without saying.

Depending on the length of the impending lockout, it's quite possible that the majority of our team might not even meet their head coach until some point this summer (or later).

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

x2. The guy is a bulldozer and is even capable to making the odd play when called upon. Good FBs are not the easiest thing to find.

Especially if he ends up in Pittsburgh (mentioned above,...)

This is the kind of football player you make room for on your team, despite what kind of scheme you think you run or what kind of offense you have.

N
Legend
Legend
N
I'd view Reggie as less of a compliment to Hillis and more as an extra weapon for our offense. I'd use him more out of the slot than lined up in the backfield. He'd be another guy defenses would have to ward against for bubble screens and quick slants. Basically, he'd be upgrading Stuckey by quite a bit. And, he'd be our best PR since Metcalf (Cribbs isn't nearly as good at PR as he is at KR).

#gmstrong
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I think we will tender Wallace and Delhomme is as good as gone and just needs to be official.

Here is a look at FA QB's for 2011;

Marc Bulger – BAL
Todd Collins – CHI
Seneca Wallace – CLE
*Peyton Manning – IND
Luke McCown – JAC
Todd Bouman – JAC
Chad Pennington – MIA
Brett Favre – MIN
Jim Sorgi – NYG
Charlie Frye – OAK
Kyle Boller – OAK
*Michael Vick – PHI
Billy Volek – SD
Matt Hasselbeck – SEA
J.P. Losman – SEA
Alex Smith – SF
Kerry Collins – TEN
Chris Simms – TEN
Rex Grossman – WAS
JaMarcus Russell
J.T. O’Sullivan

Brian Brohm – BUF
Matt Moore – CAR (4)
Caleb Hanie – CHI
Brady Quinn – DEN (4)
Drew Stanton – DET (4)
Matt Leinart – HOU (5)
Trent Edwards – JAC (4)
Brodie Croyle – KC (5)
Tyler Thigpen – MIA (4)
Tarvaris Jackson – MIN (5)
Kellen Clemens – NYJ (5)
Bruce Gradkowski – OAK (5)
Dennis Dixon – PIT
Troy Smith – SF (4)

[Green]= UFA
(_)= accrued years in league (RFA?)
*= Franchise player

[Linked Image]

A
All Pro
All Pro
A
We can only Hope Florida. jake was a mistake.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think we can at least assume that if Delhomme is brought back it will be at a very salary.

Delhomme as a starter is awful. Jake as a backup or third string. Fine with me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I think we can at least assume that if Delhomme is brought back it will be at a very salary.

Delhomme as a starter is awful. Jake as a backup or third string. Fine with me.

Hopefully we can keep Seneca Wallace as our backup.

I still say that Mangini lost his job because he chose Delhomme over Wallace following Colt's injury. I dunno if Wallace was in his doghouse or what, but it was absolutely clear to me, early on, that Delhomme didn't have it.

I don't care what you pay a player, you play the best players you have. If Seneca couldn't play because of what he said in early October, then he should have been released. Because in that case we only have two QBs. And I don't even think what he said was bad.

I will be pretty annoyed if we choose to keep Delhomme and not try to re-sign Seneca Wallace. Wallace was decent. He ran a no mistake offense. Delhomme was a disaster, like watching DA, it's nerve wrecking everytime he threw the ball

Delhomme can be our 3rd string QB at veteran minimum, but otherwise, he should be released. He is garbage

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I still say that Mangini lost his job because he chose Delhomme over Wallace following Colt's injury.

Why?

McCoy was injured in the Jacksonville game. He finished that game, and then was out for 3 weeks.

We went 2-1 in the 3 games that Delhomme started after McCoy's injury.

We beat Carolina and Miami, and lost to Buffalo. Then McCoy came back and started against Cincinnati, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh, and we lost all 3 of those.

If 1 game made "all" the difference in the season, well, that would be ridiculous.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

We went 2-1 in the 3 games that Delhomme started after McCoy's injury.

Did you watch those three games? We played ... poor. Our defense won us the games against Carolina and Miami (I believe HIllis had a big day too), and that Buffalo game was an embarrassment.

I guess I forgot that Colt played in the Cinci game, but even still, those three games were downright sad, even if we won two of them.

Putting Delhomme out there really made me question Mangini's judgment. I remember right from the moment I heard Jake Delhomme was starting vs Carolina, that I was absolutely furious. I was ready to boycott the games, I didn't because I was able to watch them on my local TV somehow, but I wasn't gonna make my usual trip to the bar to view the games. (Watched vs Carolina via web streaming)

I lost my confidence in our head coach when he decided to start Delhomme. While I like Mangini, and I hope he does well; I was absolutely baffled at the time.

This might have been what Heckert and Holmgren were thinking (of course, some how Delhomme still manages to be on this team!)

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Delhomme nearly lost the Miami game with the dropped pick six late in the second half.

I won't mind if he comes back, but it needs to be at a reduced salary.

N
Legend
Legend
N
J/C

Don Banks followed up today with the AFC (surprise!). Here's the notes I took from it. Not nearly as many on this side as he focused alot on internal coaches and quarterbacks (which doesn't affect the Browns directly).

Completely agree with his take on the Browns though I would think DT would be more of a priority than OLB (my thought on LB is to go get Barnett for MLB, Fujita for SOLB, and D'Qwell or possibly even Maiava at WOLB).

Quote:

Cleveland Browns

After six years in a 3-4 defense, do the Browns have the personnel on hand to make the switch to a 4-3 scheme under new coordinator Dick Jauron?

At the moment, no. Especially after Cleveland began its defensive transformation this week by purging its roster of veterans like defensive tackle Shaun Rogers, defensive end Kenyon Coleman, and linebackers David Bowens and Eric Barton. While none of those moves were really a surprise, it leaves the Browns a little short of bodies in spots, especially along the defensive line, where more linemen are now required.

Promising nose tackle Ahtyba Rubin will slide to defensive tackle and man one inside spot, and Browns 2010 sack leader Marcus Bernard might be moving from outside linebacker to defensive end. But after that, there's a lot of projection involved in piecing together a front seven, including the hope that D'Qwell Jackson can handle the key middle linebacker role after losing almost all of the past two seasons to pectoral injuries.

The draft figures to be crucial in Cleveland's ability to acquire 4-3 personnel, with defensive ends and outside linebackers the greatest need positions. That's one reason the Browns, as much as they might like him, could be hard-pressed to take Georgia receiver A.J. Green with their No. 6 pick. Defense is too much of a priority.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/wr...l#ixzz1DgQ0XMgI

Really, he said this about Brian Daboll

Quote:

Dolphins starter Chad Henne obviously regressed last season, and even if the addition of new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll manages to breathe life into his development, Miami should be looking for a quarterback who can help close the gap on New England and the Jets in the AFC East.

#gmstrong
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
J/C

Here's a look at the 2011 FA WR:

Brian Finneran – ATL
»Donte’ Stallworth – BAL
T.J. Houshmanzadeh – BAL
Rashied Davis – CHI
Terrell Owens – CIN
»Braylon Edwards – NYJ
Derek Hagan – NYG
Randy Moss – TEN
Vincent Jackson* – SD
Mark Clayton – STL
Santana Moss – WAS
Antonio Bryant
Dwayne Jarrett
Plaxico Burress
Keenan Burton
Brandon Stokley
Dennis Northcut
Troy Williamso
Laveranues Coles

Steve Breaston – ARI (4)
Early Doucet – ARI (3)
David Clowney – CAR (4)
Devin Aromashodu – CHI (4)
Demetrius Williams -CLE (5)
Chansi Stuckey – CLE (4)
Sam Hurd – DAL (5)
James Jones – GB (4)
Jacoby Jones – HOU (4)
Mike Sims-Walker* – JAC (4)
Jason Hill – JAC (4)
Sidney Rice – MIN (4)
Hank Baskett – MIN (5)
Lance Moore – NO (5)
Courtney Roby – NO (5)
Domenik Hixon – NYG (5)
Steve Smith – NYG (4)
Santonio Holme*s – NYJ (5)
Brad Smith – NYJ (5)
Johnnie Lee Higgins – OAK (4)
Malcom Floyd – SD (5)
Legedu Naanee – SD (4)
Ruvell Martin – SEA (5)
Laurent Robinson – STL (4)
Danny Amendola – STL (3)
Maurice Stoval – TB (5)

[Green]= UFA
^this group = Peeu!
(_)= accrued years.
*=Franchised
»= former Browns WR...Not open for debate as an option for FA.

•••

Mark Clayton anyone? He knows the offense already and he is probably as good as we have on our roster to work in the slot.

--Remember with a RFA your giving away future draft picks and digging deep into your pocket for their rights.
He had better be special.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
you forgot to >> Dennis Dropcut and Antonio Bryant

Legend
Legend
I wouldn't mind looking @ Dwayne Jarrett..

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Pick the fastest guy with the best hands and I'm on board.

I also would love Stokely, he is a playmaker.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

I wouldn't mind looking @ Dwayne Jarrett..

Jarrett had two receptions for 40 yards last year. Then he was cut.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Mark Clayton and Sam Bradford are boys from Oklahoma. No way he leaves that situation if the $$$ is anywhere close after the connection he had with Bradford early on (and how he saw how easily he could get ignored in Baltimore).

Especially to come to a cold weather city to play for a Longhorn QB?

#gmstrong
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Mark Clayton and Sam Bradford are boys from Oklahoma. No way he leaves that situation if the $$$ is anywhere close after the connection he had with Bradford early on (and how he saw how easily he could get ignored in Baltimore).

Especially to come to a cold weather city to play for a Longhorn QB?

I guess we will have to wait and see if he is offered a contract or if he is tendered 110% of his 2010 base salary.

If they simply tender him it could come down to whether or not we offer him a multi year contract, one that would exceed the offer/tender made by
St. Louis.

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2011 FA Browns March 4th

Link Copied to Clipboard