Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Legend
Legend
C
Anything on defense is a major need for them. They have Dockett, Wilson, and who else on defense?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Hey.. I've been thinking lately..

Does anyone think that if AJ Green is there at 5 that Arizona pulls the trigger on him?

Look at this scenario:

1) There has been a lot of buzz that Arizona will bring in Donovan McNabb .

2) Fitzgerald has been complaining about the QB spot, and also about Boldin leaving. So... Draft AJ Green and you have McNabb throwing to Fitzgerald and AJ Green. I like that if I'm them.

I've always thought a lot of McNabb.. But honestly, he looked like he was done last year. I'm not sure that getting McNabb is the answer for them.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Anything on defense is a major need for them. They have Dockett, Wilson, and who else on defense?

DE Calais Campbell is pretty solid on the other side opposite Darnell Docket and last years 1st round pick NT Dan Williams who is being groomed to replace 14 year veteran Bryan Robinson makes for a pretty solid starting 3 down line men.

Then there is 6'6" 330+ lb Alen Branch their 07, 2nd round pick in that rotation up front. He doesn't offer much in way of a pass rush but he is a wall vs the run and can set the point of attack for the LBers.

OLBers Joey Porter is 33 and Clark Haggans is 34 and are no longer as productive as they once where.
One or both might not be in their plans for next season.

[Linked Image]

FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I 've always thought a lot of McNabb.. But honestly, he looked like he was done last year. I'm not sure that getting McNabb is the answer for them.

I have never been a fan of McNabb and I'm sure I am on record some where of saying he will never win a SB.
(Back when their was the debate on drafting he or Tim Couch) in retrospect McNabb went on to have a long career, but he has yet to prove me wrong.

I'm thinking Arizona will be a player in the game for Kevin Kolb and I would not rule out them signing a FA QB if that day ever comes.

[Linked Image]

C
Legend
Legend
C
I forgot about Campbell and Williams (although he didn't start one game last year).

I don't know how good Branch is as a run stuffer though. Playing next to Dockett and Campbell they Cardinals gave up the 3rd most rushing yards in the NFL last year (2,323).

So it seems like they don't have a need on the DL. But their LB's were awful. They have to be hoping Von Miller falls to them.

FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I forgot about Campbell and Williams (although he didn't start one game last year).

I don't know how good Branch is as a run stuffer though. Playing next to Dockett and Campbell they Cardinals gave up the 3rd most rushing yards in the NFL last year (2,323).

So it seems like they don't have a need on the DL. But their LB's were awful. They have to be hoping Von Miller falls to them.

That what my thinking was too. Although I would not rule out Peterson.

Porter and Haggens both had 5 sacks last season, but they were not much of a factor against the run.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 03/19/11 09:16 PM.

[Linked Image]

C
Legend
Legend
C
Yeah. Seems like Miller is their slam dunk pick if he is there.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) The wacky world of Mocking

Link Copied to Clipboard