Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Here is an incomplete list (50) who could get drafted in April.

DT Nick Fairley
DT/DE Marcell Dareus
DE Cameron Jordan
DE JJ Watt
DE Da'Quan Bowers±
DE/LB Robert Quinn
DE Adrian Clayborn
DE/LB Ryan Kerrigan
DT Muhammad Wilkerson
DT/NT Stephen Paea±
DT/NT Phil Taylor
DE/LB Brooks Reed
DE/LB Aldon Smith
DE Christian Ballard
DT Marvin Austin
DE Cameron Heyward±
DE/LB Justin Houston
DE/LB Jabaal Shear
DE/LB Sam Acho
DT Drake Nevis
DT/NT Kenrick Ellis
DE/DT Allen Bailey
DE/DT Lawrence Guy
DT Jurrell Casey
DT Jarvis Jenkins
DE Pernell McPhee
DE Pierre Allen±
DT/NT Ian Williams
DE Greg Romeus±
DT Martin Parker
DT Terrell McClain
DT/NT Sione Fua
DT Cedric Thornton
DE/DT David Carter
DE Ugo Chinasa
DE Ricky Elmore
DT/NT Chris Neild
DE/DT Lazarius Levingston
DE Brandon Bair
DE/LB Cliff Matthews 
DT/NT Jerrell Powe 
DT/NT Ollie Ogbue  
DT Sealver Siliga
DT Colby Whitlock
DE/DT John Graves
DE Ryan Winterswyk
DE Karl Klug
DE/LB D'Aundre Reed
DT/DE Mike Blanc
DT Ladi Ajiboye

± = uncertain/unknown medical status.

[Linked Image]

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Here's to hoping we pull in 3 to 4 of them and don't have to draft a d-lineman until 2014 to 2016 ..

"Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things."

@pstu24
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Here's to hoping we pull in 3 to 4 of them and don't have to draft a d-lineman until 2014 to 2016 ..

I was just going to say that I hope we grab 3 or 4 of them ..... especially since a 4-3 is built on a powerful DL above all else.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
This depth is one reason why I want Green, if he's still there. And I loved all of our linemen first rounds picks in the past (at the time). Just not this year.

Thomas - The Tank Engine
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

This depth is one reason why I want Green, if he's still there. And I loved all of our linemen first rounds picks in the past (at the time). Just not this year.

The depth would seem to make a decision to draft AJ Green or Patrick Peterson tempting, but I'll be happy with two or 3 good prospects from this group in the draft once all the cards are in.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
By the same token though, we'd be well on our way to making this new 4-3 defense work if we grab premium DL in the 1st and 2nd round, and a quality guy in the 4th or 5th. Maybe work in a WR and RT in the middle, and finish up the draft with a speedy RB.

We'd still have a mess at LB ..... but a great DL would help take some of the pressure off of them.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I'd swap first rounds, if someone gave us a second this year. Then I grab 2 DL and worry about the true #1 receiver through FA or next year. And I'd want another DL on the second day.

Thomas - The Tank Engine
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

By the same token though, we'd be well on our way to making this new 4-3 defense work if we grab premium DL in the 1st and 2nd round, and a quality guy in the 4th or 5th. Maybe work in a WR and RT in the middle, and finish up the draft with a speedy RB.

We'd still have a mess at LB ..... but a great DL would help take some of the pressure off of them.

If you look at it that way, we'd be well on our way toward giving Colt McCoy a chance out there this year if we grabbed AJ Green in the first and a RT in the second.

If you really think Massaquoi and Robiskie are a duo that's going to produce big receiving numbers, you're kidding yourself. These guys have shown me nothing, and they were 2nd round picks. There are WRs in the middle rounds I'm interested in, that guy from Tennessee being one (Denarius Williams?), but I would like AJ Green first and foremost. Mass, Robiskie, and Cribbs is not a decent group of WRs. AJ Green would take a lot of pressure off those guys and the offense by posing a vertical threat (keeping safeties honest) and he could be McCoy's clutch go-to guy. While he might not get the ball that many times a game, defenses still would have to account for him. Let them stack 7 or 8 guys in the box with AJ Green out wide.........

Cribbs shouldn't even be a receiver on this team, he should solely be a special teamer. Matched with TJ Ward/Joe Haden (if we want to risk playing them on special teams), he'd be an awesome gunner again Every time Cribbs plays receiver, that is just one more guy who just isn't that good in the game. We should have tried him at safety instead. That's much more fitting to his abilties

As for getting a RT. That's something I've been yelling about for the last couple years. People told me this Pashos character would be good, but he got injured (like his history showed he would). Womack isn't bad at RT, but he leaves a lot to be desired in pass coverage, and he's getting older and older (is he even on the team this year?) If that position was something we could fix in the later rounds of the draft or FA why haven't we . The best we've had since Ryan Tucker had to move inside was Kevin Schaffer, and people didn't like him because of the holding calls and his slow feet in pass protection (I didn't mind him, but he also had a good Ryan Tucker at RG protecting him during his best season)

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 03/20/11 04:38 PM.
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I can't argue with that. I think we need to get at the very least a good DE and DT out of this draft. Any thing less would be considered a failed draft imo.

I would like at least 3, 2 plus maybe a developmental prospect in the 6th round but I'll settle for two very good ones.

I would also target OL and WR in rounds 3 and 4.

It's not a deep class for 43 LBers or Safety for that matter, but I would not be heart broken if we drafted a CB or DB who can help in sub packages.

QB's will go like hot cakes in the 1st two rounds. The chance of one falling to us in the 5th or 6th rounds might be pretty slim.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
As far as WRs, I think that we can find one to help the position in free agency. We may not find the gamebreaker type ..... but the kind of WRs the Patriots always seem to find always seem to be available.

FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

As far as WRs, I think that we can find one to help the position in free agency. We may not find the gamebreaker type ..... but the kind of WRs the Patriots always seem to find always seem to be available.

Yeah I was hoping we could have made a trade for Branch last season instead of the Patriots.

I'm all for bringing in a veteran WR and then maybe drafting the next Jerry Rice in the 3rd or 4th round

It could happen.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

The Pats have Wes Welker. They traded a 2nd round pick to get him, and if anyone knew how good that guy was, he never would have gone for a 2nd round pick (or 1st round pick)

Otherwise their receivers aren't that special. They use Welker and TE's from what I remember. What WR in FA do you think is going to pick up the slack that Mass and Robiskie aren't picking up? Sims-Walker? I dunno.

There's no truly talented receiver in FA that I've seen this year, may be Vincent Jackson but he's just trouble. I'd love Santonio Holmes, but he'll be re-signed by the Jets.

I dunno, I like some of these D-Linemen, but if Dareus isn't on the board, and Bowers has injury concerns, I want AJ Green or Patrick Peterson. Those guys are both sure-things. They both would have a major positive impact for this team, and I know they'll be good.

The one thing I remember thinking last year when we were picking 7 was that I wanted Eric Berry or Joe Haden. I knew both those guys were going to be really good, and we got one of the two.

This was the same situation when we got Joe Thomas (I literally dropped to my knees and cried "Thank You!" because I knew he was the real deal). I want sure-fire guys, no mistakes. AJ Green and Peterson are not going to be mistakes. They will both be very good players. No doubt about it

-----------Deion Branch played well for the Pats, but even at that, he always had a good repoir (is that the spelling) with Tom Brady, played on the team for a few years and won a superbowl with them. And he was a 2nd round pick, so it's not like he came out of nowhere. There's no guy like that with Colt McCoy, unless we get Shippley from the Bengals

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 03/20/11 05:16 PM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I almost feel like the best option would be to go (nearly) the entire draft on defense, or complete the offense and add a piece on defense.

By just adding one or two picks on each side, we won't do nearly as much as if we
A. used our first 4 or 5 picks on completing the D-Line, adding a safety and adding in a solid linebacker / corner ....
B. Picking up one of the best 2 wide receivers and then a top tackle to complete our line, then maybe adding in a fast receiver in the 3rd or 4th as well (randall cobb, leonard hankerson, etc.) ... and still adding a couple late round picks on the defense ...

But I just get the feeling that by having a complete defense OR by finishing our Offense ... we should finally be able to see that translate into getting points or getting more stops.... I'm kind of skeptical to only adding a piece or two and then seeing the team only marginally improve.

@pstu24
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

There's no guy like that with Colt McCoy, unless we get Shippley from the Bengals

Now that would be a happy day if they both played for the good guys someday.

I can see it happening if they both stay in the league for a long time.

[Linked Image]

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Give me AJ Green or Patrick Peterson. With Green, defenses are actually going to have somebody to gameplan for. I wonder how long opposing defenses gameplaned for our offense last season? Ten or fifteen minutes?

More and more I'm leaning towards AJ Green. The Browns need to put Colt in the best position possible to succeed.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I feel as though we do have a lot of options that all seem to be near the top of the draft this year. I think this will be the first year that I won't "worry" about blowing our first round pick...

But despite his single digit wonderlic score (reported that low anyway) ... I am starting to fall in love with the idea of AJ Green. By forcing other teams to cover our wideouts as though they played everydown ... we see safeties creep out of the box and maybe Hillis gets a few more yards per carry ... or gets a full head of steam a few more times (and I would love to see a 5'10 180 corner try to take him down at full speed ...)

Not only that ... but if a team has to double cover Green - or any true #1 threat at receiver - we instantly have single coverage on someone else. Meaning that a team's outside linebacker or strong safety is 1 on 1 versus robiskie or cribbs ... and massaqoui is in single coverage as well ...

We ***could*** have been an 8 or 9 win team with only another touchdown per game ... and I think I am starting to be on the "if we finish the offense with a wideout and right tackle ... we can win games by outscoring teams" bandwagon

@pstu24
Legend
Legend
The only problem is that we no longer have the same defense as we did last year. We now have a severely weakened unit, and need a whole lot of parts just to get back to where we were as far as scoring defense.

So this year, those games where we only gave up 14 points may be 23 point games this year. Unless we get the DL (at the very least) completely rebuilt this year, our defense will give up points by the bucketload.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

So this year, those games where we only gave up 14 points may be 23 point games this year. Unless we get the DL (at the very least) completely rebuilt this year, our defense will give up points by the bucketload.

Our D-Line last year consisted of Ruben, Coleman, the occasional Rogers, very little Robaire Smith, and Schaffering.

We still have Ruben, so we have to make up for Coleman, Rogers, Robaire Smith.

I guess you could make the argument for Matt Roth being on the D-Line too. He will be very difficult to replace. But even toward the end of last season, he was nowhere near as effective as he was earlier in his time with us. And there's a possibility we can still bring him back, I definitely think he has the build to also be a good 4-3 DE

But you don't think we can get these caliber guys in Free Agency? I don't think it's gonna be as big of a deal as most people think.

I just want to make sure that the guys we draft are the BPA. This year, our draft should be based on who the best players are for the Browns (what guys fit our system the best). And we should keep in mind that we will have free agency to plug in the players that are for our positions of need afterward (which will become clear after the draft)

That being said, while there's guys I hope we look at, I will surely be happy with whoever we get. I like Tom Heckert a lot. Now that he has his scouting staff in place, scouting all season long, I really believe that this draft could be an even bigger winner than the last (depending on the quality of players available). He's got a proven record as a GM on a solid franchise. I think he's gonna work out great for us

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 03/21/11 12:18 AM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I'm thinking DE Jordan or Bowers with the first pick, because I think we should have a shot at DT's Paea or Marvin in the 2nd round.
I think there is a good drop off of talent at DE from round 1 to round 2.
More so then at DT.
This is a very usual draft in that respect, heavily influenced by the numbers of underclassmen.

There is still the question with Bowers and Paea and their knee injuries so this is subject to change.

Austin Marvin is quick as a cat for a man of his size.
I envision him and Paea as a 3 tech DT's

If we go with a DT's Fairley or Dareus with the 1st pick. I would look for DE Justin Houston in the 2nd round. DE Sam Acho I think would be another choice, although some what of a reach at 37. If we had a more established front I would consider DE Jabaal Shear, but I think he is a one trick pony.

I think we could go a long way in building our new 43 defense starting up front.

With that said I don't think all will be lost if we draft Green or Peterson at 6.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
The problem is that we are changing from a 3-4 to a 4-3. The 3-4 places larger responsibility on the LB corps. We switched to the 4-3 ..... cut several of our LB, have another FA, have a few that might, or might not fit the 4-3, (Benard, and Gocong .. who failed in the 4-3 earlier, Jackson coming back from 2 years of injury), and most of our backups are very iffy, at best. Then we have 1 guy who will probably fit on the DL. (Rubin) We need a ton of help at both DL and LB .... but we can get the DL right in one fell swoop in this draft. The DL is the most important unit in a 4-3 ....so we need to take advantage of quality and depth of quality here while we have the chance. It's not every draft that allows you to grab high quality DL in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I will be stunned if we don't wind up with 3 DL in this draft.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

I will be stunned if we don't wind up with 3 DL in this draft.

I won't be. I think we will be going BPA every time.

Legend
Legend
I think that we'll look at this draft the same way we looked at last year's draft .... and say .... We have a major need at the best and deepest position in the draft (last year DB, this year DL) and we're going to stock up while we can add premium players in the first 3 rounds.

It also would not surprise me to see us trade up back into the 2nd or 3rd round using a future pick and lower picks.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I think that we'll look at this draft the same way we looked at last year's draft .... and say .... We have a major need at the best and deepest position in the draft (last year DB, this year DL) and we're going to stock up while we can add premium players in the first 3 rounds.

It also would not surprise me to see us trade up back into the 2nd or 3rd round using a future pick and lower picks.

Take a look at this...It's pretty set that these r the top 6 DL this year...

Quote:

DT Nick Fairley
DT/DE Marcell Dareus
DE Cameron Jordan
DE JJ Watt
DE Da'Quan Bowers±
DE/LB Robert Quinn

Fairley/Bowers and Quinn all have some serious questions attached to em'...

And there's some serious separation between Dareus and Jordan/Watt...And just as much between Peterson/Green and Jordan/Watt...

We can't settle for a DL at 6 just because we are in need at the moment...No way in hell I see Heckert doing that...

Unless we love Fairley or Bowers...The ONLY way I stay at 6 and make a pick is if one of 3 are available...And IMO it's ONLY these 3...

Dareus
Peterson
Green

Those r the only 3 ELITE talents...If those 3 are gone I'm moving down if I can...If those 3 r gone it's likely that one of the QB's is still available...Can we get a Washington at 10 or Minny at 12 to leap ahead of Frisco???

If so...That's where I'm going and start looking at Jones/Quinn/Jordan/Watt...And we end up with 3 in the top 45...I take Jones here and then hit the DL back to back in round 2...Or even DL and RT...

I still think Mebane DT Seattle is going to be our #1 FA priority...Young...Permanent fix...Hell we might even go after Kiwanuka also...

Now how's that look switching to a 4-3 line???...Having snagged Julio Jones...

Kiwanuka/Mebane/Rubin/Roth/Benard

Then add a 2nd rounder in a Wilson LB Illinois and a Bailey/Beal/Sheard at DE...

Beyond the top 3 of Peterson/Dareus and Green...I'm trading down if we can...Value wise it makes sense...

Go Browns!!!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I feel as though we do have a lot of options that all seem to be near the top of the draft this year. I think this will be the first year that I won't "worry" about blowing our first round pick...

But despite his single digit wonderlic score (reported that low anyway) ... I am starting to fall in love with the idea of AJ Green. By forcing other teams to cover our wideouts as though they played everydown ... we see safeties creep out of the box and maybe Hillis gets a few more yards per carry ... or gets a full head of steam a few more times (and I would love to see a 5'10 180 corner try to take him down at full speed ...)

Not only that ... but if a team has to double cover Green - or any true #1 threat at receiver - we instantly have single coverage on someone else. Meaning that a team's outside linebacker or strong safety is 1 on 1 versus robiskie or cribbs ... and massaqoui is in single coverage as well ...

We ***could*** have been an 8 or 9 win team with only another touchdown per game ... and I think I am starting to be on the "if we finish the offense with a wideout and right tackle ... we can win games by outscoring teams" bandwagon

I am the pole sitter on that bandwagon,...

This also "frees up" the offense to do more and better things FOR the defense,...run the ball, control the clock, eliminate 3-and-outs, rest the D,...etc. etc.

I like this Peterson kid though. He is more of a guarantee that the defense will work better than Green is a guarantee that the offense will. I would still take Peterson first here, and that's mostly because we still haven't fixed the right side of the line yet -- at least we haven't been told that Pashos, Yates and Lauvao have been annointed as such,...Green doesn't do us any good if McCoy is flat on his back.

Legend
Legend
I don't think there's a rat's chance that Peterson will be available when we pick. I'd be thrilled to death if there's a way we could get him. Haden and Peterson might be the Dixon/Minnifield of this generation.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I'd swap first rounds, if someone gave us a second this year. Then I grab 2 DL and worry about the true #1 receiver through FA or next year. And I'd want another DL on the second day.

it would be a good year to get 3 DL

Legend
Legend
If we somehow managed to snag Dareus or if Heckert checked out Fairley to be comfortable enough with him at 6, then I would be all for moving from 37 to 29 or 30to snag heyward ahead of Pitt and GB. I think he's being underrated in the draft. I do NOT think Clayborn is better than him.

FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I can see Peterson off the board when we pick and probably Dareus too.

Fairley is the most explosive of the two top DT's, but many GM's I think will have too many question marks next to his name.
The question is will they be the ones who are picking in the top 5?

I'm not even sure that they are all legitimate complaints.
He has a lingering shoulder injury that did not require surgery to my knowledge and that was the reason he gave as to why he did not perform the bench press at the combine.
On film the competition isn't as close as some would think.
Fairley is clearly by far the more disruptive force albeit even if he some times free lances and leaves his gap integrity exposed (not as discipline) and gets sloppy and will play too high at times.
It could come down to he or Peterson in one of
the top 5 picks. Whomever passes on either one I think that the other will be available for us at 6.

Also in the mix are DE's Jordan and Bowers who has some medical questions that could effect his draft status.

Cameron Jordan I think is the safer pick here. They both play the run pretty good for the position, but Jordan's use of his hands vs the run and his ability to shed and tackle also makes him a prospect who could move down to the 3 tech in a Tampa 2 defense.
Bowers on film, I think has more burst off the corner in rushing the passer then does Jordan, but Jordan has some pretty polished moves of his own in that department and can rush inside or outside of the tackle.
They have similar builds, but Jordan is a little taller a little heavier and has a slightly greater reach, but most importantly he has more experience.
Bowers may have a slightly bigger upside as far as a pass rushing DE, but I think Jordan is the more NFL ready prospect of the two and that's what I want from a top 10 pick.

As much as a like AJ Green the receiver.
I don't think that the rest of the team is good enough or well off enough to afford the luxury of selecting a WR with the 6th pick and besides that he could be a moot point if the Bengals snatch him up at pick 4.

Yes Green could be the game changer we all envision that he will be, but he will make little difference if we can't stop the other teams from scoring or killing Colt McCoy from a lack of proper pass protection.
(I'm not buying what Heckert is selling on Pashoes either). He has something in mind to hedge his bets here I'm thinking.

I hope that there will be drafts in the future.
Next years draft will feature some very good talent as far as potential game changing WR's go.

This year there are a number of slot type receivers and with the loss of Stuckey that becomes an area of need as well. Those types of receivers can be found in the 2-3 round range.

If we do take Green with the 6th pick I will withhold any comments until all of our cards are turned in before I comment on whether or not I thought it was a good pick or not.

If I had to narrow my target down and had only three shots... Those would be Peterson, Jordan or Bowers with the 6th pick. One or two of those three will hit the target I'm thinking.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
If Pete is "off" then, isn't Green "on?"

FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If Pete is "off" then, isn't Green "on?"

Yes, but we have a new defense and we don't have the line men to man that front.
WR is not our top priority. We are deficient their but the cubbard is hardly bare.
The combination of Haden and Ward with the first two selections last year went a long way if not all the way in solving that troubled area of our defense. I think we need to have a similar draft this year up front on our DL. You can't run a 43 defense without play makers up front. I won't go as far as to say it is critical we pick a DL with the 6th pick, but none the less it is the most critical deficiency on our team as a whole.

Edit: I also like our chances with H&H in adding some talent to our WR unit some where in the next draft.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 03/21/11 12:45 PM.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Some might say,....that because the back seven "would" be much better, maybe the front four doesn't have to be,...

Personally, I would try to get one of these kids that can play LB and DE,....IF you're gonna insist we go "D" with the first pick. But that's ONLY if Peterson is gone.

Right now, it might depend a lot on whether or not Robaire really is going to be able to make a comeback, and, whether or not H&H feel that we absolutely have to get this barnburner WR that everyone seems to think we have to have (not me).

Before I get anymore engulfed, I would want to know for sure what the real status of the OLine right side is -- i.e. Are Pashos and Lauvao going to be able to help us -- or are we going to continue to see McCoy pressured from the left side of the defense. A WR will not solve that problem.

Another thing,....on the radio today they were talking about Hillis and Hardesty as a one-two, ram-it-down-your-throat, backfield. Does the FO know something about Hardesty's status that is not public knowledge yet ?

Gimme a RT. I'll take Peterson in the meantime.

FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
There is a greater need for d-line guys who can stop the run and rush the passer in the 43 defense. Then in the past with our 34.
With Fujita and D'Qwell Jackson at LBer I think we have 2/3 of a group of 3 for now.
Then we have Gocong and Maiavia, so I would not mind adding one LBer to my wish list, but this is not a deep draft for those types and in trying to target one... it's hard, because there are really just a few who could help us right away.

NC LBers Bruce Carter and Quan Sturdivant would be welcome additions, but they are both probably gone by the time we select in the 3rd round.

I would also like to add a tackle some time in the draft. That's actually higher on my list then a WR at this point. If we do nothing else at the position before we play another game I won't be satisfied I'll put it that way.

I have to think if one falls to us at 37 then we should jump on the opportunity.

McCoy or who ever is under center will not have the best of success unless we can fill that void.
On that same note I have high hopes that Lauvao will win a starting job (and not just by default).

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
I would just like to know what Pashos' status really is.

Lauvao, if healthy, I think will be OK because he'll be out of the "you-ticked-me-off-Mangini-dog house." THAT saves another pick too.

I'm not optimistic on Pash,...it seems he's never been healthy.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Lauvao, if healthy, I think will be OK because he'll be out of the "you-ticked-me-off-Mangini-dog house." THAT saves another pick too.

Pashos played in all 16 games from 2005 through 2008.

Played 11 games total in the past 2 seasons.

Legend
Legend
That's all well and good,...he still ain't holding down that spot NOW, and somebody has to..

FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I can't figure out what happen there with Lauvao. He had to leave camp for 'personal' reasons and it seemed like he just fell of the radar and that was before his high ankle sprang. I thought he was forced into spot duty before he was 100%... at the very least inadequately preparation coming off of injury.
He had a pretty ruff start in his first game, but I like how fast he seemed to pick up on the blocking schemes even after being thrown in at center there in the final preseason game. Lauvao has a fresh start this year. I'm hoping he can put it all together and solve our RG dilemma.

We need another Tucker type to man that right side. I think we all know that Pashos is serviceable at RT when healthy, but I am not going to be happy until we find a long term solution there.

[Linked Image]

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Well Im not the one who wants to be the bearer of bad news ... but Steiny aint exactly a young pup anymore ... we need to fix the right side of the line soon, because before we know it Steinbach could be on his way out .. and I mean retirement. It won't come soon as in the next year or two but he is going to be 31 in about a week.

If we don't set this line soon, we could have a gaping whole .. but I do know that we have to fix the right side first ..

@pstu24
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Well Im not the one who wants to be the bearer of bad news ... but Steiny aint exactly a young pup anymore ... we need to fix the right side of the line soon, because before we know it Steinbach could be on his way out .. and I mean retirement. It won't come soon as in the next year or two but he is going to be 31 in about a week.

If we don't set this line soon, we could have a gaping whole .. but I do know that we have to fix the right side first ..

It's never too early to start grooming someone who fits the part. ES is used to pull and lead plays and he is good at make blocks in the open field. That's the sort of prospect I would look for to groom for the future at LG.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
How much do you pull the Guards in Shurmur's version of the WCO?

I honestly don't know .... so I'm asking.

Legend
Legend
Maybe you don't,...but you still need one.

With the way negotiations are going, a lot of these "Steiny" types that have been careful with their money and can afford it, are going to unexpectedly walk for good anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) A DL surplus... Get'em while their hot

Link Copied to Clipboard