Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 605
R
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 605
Quote:

I am very happy that Hank has been resigned.

This made my day.







...and in 3 hours we can hopefully have another day made by annoucning either Stein or Diel along with Clements.

Keep the ball rolling. tick tock tick tock


"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,470
D
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,470
Good news.


[Linked Image from i98.photobucket.com]

Peace, Love and Football
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
sheesh... I thought the media was faster then this...


Meh.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,739
S
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
S
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,739
What a great move for the Browns to keep Hank!

I was a little worried they were going to let him get away..................Savage did well today!

Congrats to Hank, Danielle, and that handsome little guy!

This team is just going to get better.............much better!



[Linked Image from i96.photobucket.com]

GO BROWNS!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 157
R
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 157
Danielle
Congratulations to you and Hank on both the beautiful baby and the new contract.
Again- nothing personal to either of you in my previous posts.
Knew you were watching all the time.
VERY VERY happy this got done!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,164
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,164
I think Danielle needs to come back to DTI and party!! This time on a day my wife and I can make it.


#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
I was looking up some stuff and I ran across this from a Philly web site...

Getting to know - Hank Fraley
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/article.cfm?id=436283

By KEVIN COONEY
phillyBurbs.com


Hank Fraley has become one of the more recognizable members of the Eagles' solid offensive line.

An undrafted free agent, the fifth-year pro out of Robert Morris took over the center spot in 2001 when Bubba Franks was injured on opening day and has missed only one game since.

His brother, David, was a part of the U.S. Army's Third Infantry Division during Operation Iraqi Freedom. He earned the nickname ''Honey Buns'' from his teammates after attracting bees while posing for the team picture.

Born in Gaithersburg, Md., Fraley now resides in Sicklersville, N.J., with his wife, Christy, and their 9-month-old son, Trent.


If you could play any other sport besides football, what would it be?

Now, I would say it's between golf and racquetball. Some people would say that golf is not a sport, but I've found it very frustrating to play and very difficult. So to me, it's a sport.

What do you end up shooting on the golf course?

Usually, in the high 80s, low 90s. I just haven't found the answer on that yet.

Who has had the greatest influence on your life?

It's has to be my dad (Hank Sr.). He was a huge influence on my life and always had me involved in some sort of sports growing up. Baseball, basketball, football. He made sure that we played everything.

What was your favorite NFL team growing up?

I got converted from a Redskins fan to a 49ers fan growing up. I met (former 49ers wide receiver and Olympic track star) Renaldo Nehemiah one time, and after that, I just started following the Niners.

If stranded on a deserted island, who would you want to be with you?

Let me pass on that one. I could get in trouble. (Laughing)

How bad does Andy Reid look in a Hawaiian shirt? (Reid has coached the Pro Bowl the last three years after losing the NFC Championship game.)

There's a lot of flowers on that shirt. A lot of flowers. I think all of us want to make sure that he doesn't get another one until he goes on vacation after the Super Bowl.

What's your favorite vacation spot?

I've done a cruise and stuff. I really liked the Cayman Islands. I'd like to go back there.

What kind of jobs did you have before making it to the NFL?

My first job ever was working at a McDonald's. I was a freshman in high school and I went to work there. It was kind of fun growing up.

What is your favorite way to spend an off-day?

Really, just relaxing with my son around the house. There's not a lot of things better than that.

Is the worst part of NFC title week having a whole bunch of reporters asking the same questions over and over again?

Actually, it's not that bad. You at least know what's coming. There's nothing off-the-wall that you haven't seen before.


Meh.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 169
R
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 169
Congratulations, Danielle! Getting Hank resigned was the first step to the Browns having a great offseason. We're glad to have you with us.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 201
J
2nd String
Offline
2nd String
J
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 201
j/c.

Great News. Hank was very solid for us considering how screwed up things were last year, seems like a genuinely good guy with a great family too, always good to see people like that getting rewarded.


[Linked Image from img413.imageshack.us]
Hurry Back LeCharles.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,164
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,164
Quote:

Born in Gaithersburg, Md., Fraley now resides in Sicklersville, N.J., with his wife, Christy, and their 9-month-old son, Trent.







Just a little old!


#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
I know it is... I just was sharing...


Meh.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
1st String
Offline
1st String
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
I heard the browns were going after adalius thomas..............

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,164
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,164
Quote:

I heard the browns were going after adalius thomas..............





Please read rules of the pound. We don't post anything without a link.


#gmstrong
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Wow, thanks for more insider info.

My dream weekend would see these names signed:

Clements
Fraley
Steinbach

And I have one before the weekend started!

I'm not sure I want Adalius Thomas though. The money would be better spent on the O-line and CB.


[Linked Image]


“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Quote:

Quote:

I heard the browns were going after adalius thomas..............





Please read rules of the pound. We don't post anything without a link.







I hope we get him


Meh.
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 201
J
2nd String
Offline
2nd String
J
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 201
phil does have the inside track with adalius though, he was the one who scouted him at baltimore and supposedly has a good relationship with him, maybe he can get something done for decent money (pipe dream i know). but imagine Wimbley and Thomas then Bodden and Clements. oops, just wet myself


[Linked Image from img413.imageshack.us]
Hurry Back LeCharles.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
yeah... I did a little more then wet myslef...


Meh.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 629
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 629
You know the Browns are in bad shape when resigning Fraley as the starting center is good news.


Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,739
S
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
S
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,739
Quote:

I heard the browns were going after adalius thomas..............





Anytime the Browns can pick up a run stopper..............it is good news!

One of Savage's boys...................not a bad pickup in my mind!

Go Savage!


[Linked Image from i96.photobucket.com]

GO BROWNS!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 157
R
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 157
Easy the Zorro!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 169
R
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 169
Quote:

You know the Browns are in bad shape when resigning Fraley as the starting center is good news.




It sure beats having to hire a detective to find the whereabouts of Bob Hallen.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,015
O
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
O
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,015
Quote:

Quote:

While I know for a fact the FO people check the boards from time to time




This board or that main POS?




I should have been a little more clear with the statement.

I know that FO personnel around the league check their own respective boards from time to time.

One of the few contacts I have left (and the only reliable one) has told me numerous times that Hunt used to read his board all the times, and that other FO people would check in as well.

Now do our FO people check in on THIS board? I couldn't begin to say. I'd be shocked if they checked in on that other POS


***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 629
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 629
Don't get me wrong.

Hank is decent..........as a backup.

He and his wife seem like nice people.

He's got his contract........time to hit the gym, big time.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,015
O
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
O
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,015
Quote:

thanks for the heads up and thinking about all of us!

now I'm kinda currious how long it will take for the press to find out...



Some allready know, but would lose their contacts if they blew it out to the public ahead of time.


***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,015
O
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
O
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,015
Quote:

I heard the browns were going after adalius thomas..............



So are probably about 3 or 4 other teams

Blade..........nevermind dOOd.


***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,574
A
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,574
One down.. (center) 2 hrs before lift off !

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Quote:

Don't get me wrong.

Hank is decent..........as a backup.

He and his wife seem like nice people.

He's got his contract........time to hit the gym, big time.




troll


Meh.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 403
D
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 403
Quote:

Quote:

I heard the browns were going after adalius thomas..............



So are probably about 3 or 4 other teams

Blade..........nevermind dOOd.





He's expected to land in San Fran, but who knows. Next 48 hours are gonna be crazy....

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,437
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,437
ESPN has already reported it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2784822

Cleveland Browns: With LeCharles Bentley out for a second consecutive season because of a knee injury, the Browns successfully scrambled in a desperation move to re-sign starting center Hank Fraley.

Four hours before the start of free agency, Fraley and the Browns to a four-year deal that will keep him off the market. Terms of the contract were not available. The 29-year-old Fraley came to the Browns from the Eagles in exchange for a fifth-round choice in 2008 and he bailed the organization out of a tough situation.

Someone has also started a thread on the other board saying they got their info from here.




“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Quote:

ESPN has already reported it.






do you know who she is?


Meh.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,437
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,437
Quote:

Quote:

ESPN has already reported it.






do you know who she is?




What are you talking about?

I was simply stating ESPN has already leaked it. She stated it wasn't final yet.

Capiche?




“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 774
123 Offline
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 774
oioioiooio
OIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOI

OIOIOIOI




oioioioi
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
the way it read... i thoght you were saying that espn already reported it... like earlier... nevermind I'm dumb... sorry lol

Last edited by superbowldogg; 03/01/07 11:32 PM.

Meh.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,739
S
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
S
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,739
So it is official............good news!

We only need four more OL to make our team.............hopefullly we will draft Joe Thomas!


[Linked Image from i96.photobucket.com]

GO BROWNS!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
I'd settle for 2 more lineman and some mid round picks


Meh.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,704
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,704
Quote:

You know the Browns are in bad shape when resigning Fraley as the starting center is good news.






I will no longer acknowledge any of your posts. If you don't think Hank is a quality starting center, then you obviously didn't watch him play last year



Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 175
B
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
B
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 175
One less thing we have to worry about. great news.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 61
M
Rookie
Offline
Rookie
M
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 61
Quote:

One less thing we have to worry about. great news.




Exactly! I'm just glad this frees up a draft pick for us. When I saw Fraley was on his way out, it really looked like we'd HAVE to take a Center day 1. Now we don't have to! Fraley will look even better with some REAL guards next to him next year. Fraley played hard and did an admirable job last year IMO even with having turnstyles at guards next to him. Glad he's back! Nice work Savage. Now go get Steinbach & Clements

-MVP


[Linked Image from media.247sports.com] Pope Dezz!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,483
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,483



Woohooo HANK THE TANK stays in a Browns uniform. Best news all day. Got home from work and came straight to the boards to find out. (gotta go feed the cats now)


[Linked Image from i8.photobucket.com]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 157
R
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 157
You must have put in a long shift.
I saw you working at around 2:00.
95 more days.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum C Hank Fraley will test the market Among other Browns..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5