Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#588629 04/27/11 07:14 AM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
One thing that's been missing this year is the negotiations between the team with the #1 pick and a few of the players that could be taken with that pick. Is this because of the CBA problems? Carolina is not allowed to do this?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I dont think any time with the current CBA issues can sign any players. That's kind of the reason that makes it difficult for undrafted FA's ... you cant sign anyone. I think that includes our own picks. You do have the "rights" to them but I just think that you currently cant sign them.

"Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things."

@pstu24
Legend
Legend
so once the player is drafted... there still can be no contact with coaches, front office, etc?

So will players be receiving phone calls from teams letting them know they will be getting drafted? or will they just hear/see their name being called? That would be strange.

I guess no player press conference to introduce who we draft to Cleveland.. that sux.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

One thing that's been missing this year is the negotiations between the team with the #1 pick and a few of the players that could be taken with that pick. Is this because of the CBA problems? Carolina is not allowed to do this?

That's exactly what it is Cap...

Also, there's going to be ALOT of Undrafted college players twiddlin' there thumbs after Sunday...These guys don't get drafted...They get signed...And no signings are happening...It sux...This whole thing sux...

Now if this Judge allows the new league year to start soon under whatever rules...Then FA starts and these undrafted guys can be signed...When the word comes down these teams better be ready...

Go Browns!!!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

so once the player is drafted... there still can be no contact with coaches, front office, etc?

I think the answer to this is yes. The second the draft is done, the league is "shut down" until we hear about the stay request and appeal the league has going in the courts. And once that get figured out THEN the league needs to figure out what rules 2011 will be played under (assuming there is no CBA agreement this year).

It's funny, the #1 overall pick doesn't know if he's getting a (Bradford + 10%) deal or a (Bradford - 50% deal). We could be using the 2010 rules, a new version the league creates (hybrid), or the new CBA version. Too many unanswered questions right now.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
This gets weirder the more I hear about it. Drafting, signings, no workouts, all I want is some football. This is getting nuttier as we go. Get the court to move on it. lamer and lamer.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Carolina and the 1st Pick

Link Copied to Clipboard