Hall of Famer
RUSHING;
Year Team G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM
2010 GB 16 190 11.9 703 3.7 43.9 3 71 27 14.2 2 1 1
2009 GB 12 37 3.1 111 3.0 9.2 2 9 5 13.5 0 0 1
2008 GB 13 45 3.5 248 5.5 19.1 1 32 14 31.1 2 0 1
2007 GB 11 75 6.8 267 3.6 24.3 1 46 10 13.3 1 1 0
TOTAL 52 347 6.7 1,329 3.8 25.6 7 71 56 16.1 5 2 3

Key Stats; Brandon Jackson had only 3 fumbles in 347 rushing attempts (once in evey 115+ attemps).

RECEIVING;
Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
2010 GB 16 43 342 8.0 21.4 37 1 2 0 18 0
2009 GB 12 21 187 8.9 15.6 17 1 0 0 11 0
2008 GB 13 30 185 6.2 14.2 18 0 0 0 6 0
2007 GB 11 16 130 8.1 11.8 16 0 0 0 6 0
TOTAL 52 110 844 7.7 16.2 37 2 2 0 41 0

Key Stats; In an expanded role last season due to injury (Ryan Grant) Jackson had [18] 1st downs in 43 receptions.
Jackson had career highs in rushing and receiving in 2010 for the Packers and combined for 1,045 yards.

2007 2nd round Draft Pick: #63 by GB;

Pro Day: 4.41 in the 40-yard dash...36-inch vertical jump...10'1" broad jump. Combine: 4.54 in the 40-yard dash...1.56 10-yard dash...2.62 20-yard dash...4.14 20-yard shuttle...11.47 60-yard shuttle...7.0 three-cone drill...37-inch vertical jump...10'2" broad jump... Bench pressed 225 pounds 21 times.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
He certainly has the looks of a solid backup/3rd down RB. He canrun, catch, and block effectively.

Seems like another solid move.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

He certainly has the looks of a solid backup/3rd down RB. He canrun, catch, and block effectively.

Oh No he's not,, I talked to Akronjoe and he said.........Oh never mind

Honestly, he does look right for us.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Coming into free agency I wasn't expecting to pick up a RB... but I'm fine with the move... he's a good rotation guy that should keep our top two dawgs rested.... I honestly don't remember much about Jackson except for a break out game in the playoffs a year or two ago.

<><

#gmstrong
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Jackson most likely would have provided the Packers with a similar role behind Ryan Grant and with the emergence of Starks in the playoffs.

I really did not give him much thought, because I thought GB would resign him, so he was a pleasant surprise.

[Linked Image]

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm kinda flat about the signing, after all I don't think he's as good as a Ham Sandwich.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm kinda flat about the signing, after all I don't think he's as good as a Ham Sandwich.

That totally defends on his mustard.

#GMSTRONG
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

PBJ will be fine with me

[Linked Image]

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
His numbers look good, though I have to believe that if he was as good as we're hoping, the Packers would've kept him around. Hopefully I'm wrong.

M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
He was brought in to be our 3rd string running back and will probably see only a handful of rushing attempts all season. However he is a good receiver and good at picking up the blitz, so when Hillis is tired and its 3rd down and medium to long, he'll get his number called. You guys are being awfully critical about one of the signings we've made that makes the most sense.

"All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine." - Charles Barkley
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

He was brought in to be our 3rd string running back and will probably see only a handful of rushing attempts all season. However he is a good receiver and good at picking up the blitz, so when Hillis is tired and its 3rd down and medium to long, he'll get his number called. You guys are being awfully critical about one of the signings we've made that makes the most sense.

I had my hopes set on an UDFA RB, so this was more then I hoped for to have a guy with his experience and talents.

Remember last year we left Hillis in in 3rd and long.
With Jackson now we can rest him and keep him fresh. I think that Hillis was wore down by the final few games of the season.

He doesn't have to come in here and learn the offense and that's always a big plus.

There's a lot to like about this signing.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jackson is fine as a Back-up, but the Green Bay running game was not a productive after the injury to Ryan Grant.

I like the move as Hardesty is injury prone.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Hillis played the last few games with cracked ribs.

FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Hillis played the last few games with cracked ribs.

True,
That's not to say he was not tiered just the same. he even admitted as much himself, but I thought it was pretty obvious he was not himself.

[Linked Image]

FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Jackson is fine as a Back-up, but the Green Bay running game was not a productive after the injury to Ryan Grant.

I like the move as Hardesty is injury prone.

I think for a # 3 HB and 3rd down back we got a pretty good player.

[Linked Image]

A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Quote:

His numbers look good, though I have to believe that if he was as good as we're hoping, the Packers would've kept him around. Hopefully I'm wrong.

My avid packer fan friend tells me he was only a receiver RB and not very effective as a runner. Just passing it on, I never saw the kid play. I can at least HOPE that since the Packers deemed him unworthy he may have new motivation to show well in Cleveland.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I can at least HOPE that since the Packers deemed him unworthy he may have new motivation to show well in Cleveland.

"unworthy" you are truly a piece of work, a spinmaster I should say

#gmstrong
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Quote:

Quote:

I can at least HOPE that since the Packers deemed him unworthy he may have new motivation to show well in Cleveland.

"unworthy" you are truly a piece of work, a spinmaster I should say

OK I'm game what words do you prefer
expendable
superfluous
redundant
underachiever

or a stinker.
hey, I am hoping the guys has the motivation to give his all when his
last boss found him wanting like say, Shaun Rogers will do in NO
or Rob Ryan in Dallas whom we both found expendable.

Legend
Legend
So every free agent out there was unwanted by his old team .... and a expendable, superfluous,
redundant underachiever? Budgets and salaries and caps played no part ...... they were all considered extraneous by their old teams?

Is that really what you're saying?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Joe,

For every starting RB in the league there are twice as much and more back-up RB's.

Even Kevin Mack and Earnest Byner had Herman Fontenot to spell them on obvious passing downs.

Herman Fontenot was an extra weapon in Bernie's arsenal.

The majority of backs in this league today are not "bell cows". (We have at least one possibly two in Hardesty) They are situational backs.

Last year Jackson had to shoulder the load and I don't know what the GB fans expected more of from Jackson.
They have not been committed to running the ball since Rodgers took the rains and perhaps even longer.
The point is that the teams that are committed to running the ball have better success and I don't care who your RB is he is tied to his teams philosophy.
I thought Jackson exceeded most expectations of him last year.

We did not sign Jackson to be our "bell cow". He was signed not just to be a back-up, but also to be a complimentary back to the guys we have.

You can look at the fact that GB did not resign him in different ways, but after seeing him play a few times last year in the regular season.
I am more inclined to think we took one from them as opposed to some of the other suggestions in this thread.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Quote:

hey, I am hoping the guys has the motivation to give his all when his
last boss found him wanting like say, Shaun Rogers will do in NO
or Rob Ryan in Dallas whom we both found expendable.

Such a load of garbage...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

, I never saw the kid play.

Then why are you talking about him???????

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

, I never saw the kid play.

Then why are you talking about him???????

Because if he's never seen him play, he's obviously no good...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

Living in Wisconsin and getting a chance to see and read a lot about the Packers, and he's nothing more then a 3rd RB. Don't expect much more...he's a poor man's Kevin Faulk

Not dogging the pick up as we need a 3rd RB but just wanted to make sure people don't get too excited

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
N
Legend
Legend
N
agree with the assessment and am fine with it. Hillis needs breathers on 3rd down too

#gmstrong
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Quote:

Joe,

For every starting RB in the league there are twice as much and more back-up RB's.

Even Kevin Mack and Earnest Byner had Herman Fontenot to spell them on obvious passing downs.

Herman Fontenot was an extra weapon in Bernie's arsenal.

The majority of backs in this league today are not "bell cows". (We have at least one possibly two in Hardesty) They are situational backs.

Last year Jackson had to shoulder the load and I don't know what the GB fans expected more of from Jackson.
They have not been committed to running the ball since Rodgers took the rains and perhaps even longer.
The point is that the teams that are committed to running the ball have better success and I don't care who your RB is he is tied to his teams philosophy.
I thought Jackson exceeded most expectations of him last year.

We did not sign Jackson to be our "bell cow". He was signed not just to be a back-up, but also to be a complimentary back to the guys we have.

You can look at the fact that GB did not resign him in different ways, but after seeing him play a few times last year in the regular season.
I am more inclined to think we took one from them as opposed to some of the other suggestions in this thread.

Terry Pluto wrote he was the 47th most effective runner RUNNING the ball. Not all that exciting a stat in my book.

A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Quote:

Quote:

Living in Wisconsin and getting a chance to see and read a lot about the Packers, and he's nothing more then a 3rd RB. Don't expect much more...he's a poor man's Kevin Faulk

Not dogging the pick up as we need a 3rd RB but just wanted to make sure people don't get too excited

Thank Wojo, that was about identical to my rabid packer friends assessment a third down pass catcher and not much more yet terry pluto wrote he was at least a good blocker as well.

Last edited by akronjoe; 08/01/11 12:53 AM.
Legend
Legend
So our new 3rd down back can catch the ball, and pass block...

If only we ran an offense that favored passing the ball...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
So he's going to do exactly what we are paying him to do. That's fine, right?

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Why does everyone expect Jackson to be a 3rd RB?

At the current juncture, I'd project him at #2.

Last year at this time most people thought Hillis would be the 3rd RB.

... just saying.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think most are expecting Hardesty to perform to the level a second round pick should.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I think most are expecting Hardesty to perform to the level a second round pick should.

I understand ... but we're talking about a player that's essentially a rookie with no real NFL experience learning a new system with a new head coach versus a veteran who has worked in similar schemes.

Maybe Hardesty surprises, but I'd slot Jackson #2 at the moment. JMHO.

M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
Quote:

Terry Pluto wrote he was the 47th most effective runner RUNNING the ball. Not all that exciting a stat in my book.

That would put him as the 15th best second string running back in the league, a little better than half the other second string running backs in the league.

Not bad for a guy projected as our 3rd string running back, I'd say

"All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine." - Charles Barkley
Legend
Legend
Quote:

j/c

Why does everyone expect Jackson to be a 3rd RB?

At the current juncture, I'd project him at #2.

Last year at this time most people thought Hillis would be the 3rd RB.

... just saying.

Some thought Hillis would be no more than a Ham Sandwich You are right,, let's wait and see.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
I'm not sure why anyone doubted the Hillis trade really. He had one of his best games for Denver against us, so we all saw what he could do first hand. Maybe it was the man crush on Brady?

FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'm not sure why anyone doubted the Hillis trade really. He had one of his best games for Denver against us, so we all saw what he could do first hand. Maybe it was the man crush on Brady?

Ah, the root of the problem, the hitch in his kiddy up

'But my buddy says'

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Probably the case....

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
N
Legend
Legend
N
It's not really that Jackson is the RB2 or RB3. It's that he is a 3rd down RB. He will spell Hillis more often in passing situations (i.e. 3rd downs) while Hardesty will spell Hillis more often in running situations (i.e. 1st/2nd downs).

That is if Hardesty can stay healthy long enough to play. But, that is the hope.

#gmstrong
C
2nd String
2nd String
C
IMO, why akronjoe and others have ripped the Browns for the Jackson signing is bc they've already put Hardesty on career-ending IR, leaving Jackson as the backup.

There is a glutton of RB's still unsigned, so even if an injury occurs, i think we will be fine

N
Legend
Legend
N
yeah, I tend to not worry about RB for that very reason. we see guys like Starks last year in the playoffs step up and help out a team seemingly out of nowhere (though Starks was at least a part of the GB team the whole year)

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Brandon Jackson Welcome to Cleveland

Link Copied to Clipboard