Print Thread
#622672 09/19/11 08:23 PM
A
Adam_P Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Anybody watching the season premier? Ted (main character) is from Cleveland and goes home to be in a friend's wedding. The whole thing is Browns themed...pretty cool to see all the Browns gear on national TV.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Reminded me of the Drew Carey Show! Even had a dance number.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
R
Legend
Legend
R
I didnt know his character was from Cleveland.

From a distance I thought the show looked dumb and never cared to give it a chance. Watched it one day and loved it. Since there is a certain chronology to it I decided to stop and rent the seasons starting from the beginning. It's on my to do list.

A
Adam_P Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
The character is from Cleveland (Shaker Heights, actually) and the actor, Josh Radnor, is from Columbus. Carter Bays, the show's creater, is also from Shaker Heights.

I got into it the same way as you. Caught a couple episodes in the third season, thought it was entertaining so I bought the first two seasons on DVD. There's Cleveland sports references all the time, but the Browns wedding tonight was by far the best (and biggest).

L
Legend
Legend
L
i loved tonights show, when barney said Get ready, Cleveland. The last man to screw you this hard then disappear was LeBron James") i about spit my powerade..lol good show, and when barney was confessing his lies to nora, I think I'd watch a spinoff of just Barney...NPH is a pretty great comic actor...great timing. Def. makes that show

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Never missed an episode. Love it.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I didn't catch the program. I'll have to try to catch it next week, but based on the thread title and a twist or turn in replies, I could see this thread headed for the smack shack.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Never missed an episode. Love it.

One of my fave shows on TV right now. Barney cracks me up!!!!

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Anybody watch the new 2 and a half men with Kutcher? It was pretty good (Better than I had expected). It will be interesting to see if they can keep it going...

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm happy they seem to be bringing Victoria back. I liked her.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I actually had a *gasp* when they panned to her at the end. I totally didn't even think about her coming back.

DC~I watched Two and Half Men. Was ok. I loved the funeral scene. Kutcher seems like he's trying to combine Charlie with his Kelso character from That 70's Show. Will keep watching to see how it progresses.

I also watched the Charlie Sheen Roast last night. It was actually rather funny, but who the heck decides who does the roasting? Mike Tyson? Really?

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
the roast was hilarious. my favorite line:

Charlie Sheen is now an honorary Jew because he got paid over $50mil from CBS and decided he needed to sue them for more money anyway.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
The roasts are great sometimes.

Can't recall who they were roasting, but they had that one guy from the Jersey Shore on it. And he bombed so bad, the crowd was booing at everything he said, another comedian had to get up and rescue him.

How I Met Your Mother : Thought it was good, they manage to keep the basic premise alive yet add to it and tweak it enough to keep it fresh without going overboard to the bizarre.

Two and a half men: Thought it was good, the funeral scene was the best. not sure if they can make it work though. I also thought Ashton's character was too much like Kelso.
Interesting how they started him out the exact opposite of Charlie. Ashton's character was in love with 1 women, and doesn't drink.

Last edited by FloridaFan; 09/20/11 01:05 PM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Having never watched That 70s Show, I guess I don't have that frame of reference.

yebat' Putin
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Having never watched That 70s Show, I guess I don't have that frame of reference.

It was Ashton playing an idiot teenager. So he just had to study his fanbase to get into the part . . .

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum How I Met Your Mother

Link Copied to Clipboard