Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Arrested Development, Eastbound and Down

Eat it Phil...
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Well I just finished streaming seasons 1 - 4, gonna watch the first 2 episodes of season 5 tonight.

As for series what would you recommend as the next TV show to catch up on? I've already seen all the episodes of Justified, Oz, Lost, Sons of Anarchy, Shield, Physch, Monk, Suits, Necesarry Roughness.

I was kinda thinking about Rescue Me, Sopranos, Arrested Development, or Weeds.

Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, American Horror Story, The League, Game of Thrones, and Shameless.

Weeds was great the first 3 seasons, and just about everyone liked the sopranos.

Man, I haven't watched a single episode of any of the shows mentioned in these 2 posts.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

I have to admit I fist pumped when Mike called Walt to reconsider his offer.

Yup, me too.

I kinda saw it coming once the DEA brought Mike in...they were going to find his money and then he'd be forced back in to help his family.

Odd thing I noticed last night, there is a commerical right after the opening theme. I guess AMC took 2-3 minutes of each episode away from us. Booooo!

I like how they wrapped a bow around the ricin storyline, though I don't know if I'd buy the cig being in the robot if I was Jesse. But I guess he did.

Looking forward to more...

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I like how they wrapped a bow around the ricin storyline, though I don't know if I'd buy the cig being in the robot if I was Jesse. But I guess he did.

Yeah I thought the same thing, it just seemed hard to believe that the cigarette wasn't broken and still intact after being picked up by the roomba ( I want one of those btw) But Jesse is in about as good of a mental state as Skylar is right now.

Why did Walt keep the rican though?

New DEA boss on the way in.....bad news for Walt?

The opening scene was great. German's have the most efficient and painless way of killing themselves. Also French dressing and Ranch can be mixed to create a formula called Franch. Mnnnn tater tots.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Lydia works for Madrigal Electromotive GmbH which is the parent company of the franchises Los Pollos Hermanos. Gus owned many of those franchises. This company is based in Germany and is also able to create and ship the big air filtration systems needed to successfully make meth in heavily populated areas. This stuff all came out when Hank was investigating the operation and nobody would listen.

Lydia was sitting right there at the pow-wow between the Madrigal suits and Hank & Co. At the end of the table.

I must be in the minority as this season is kicking off. I see Walt as nothing but a monster now. I see him through Skylar and Mike's eyes and really hope Jesse and Hank find out the entire truth about him.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

That's what I was thinking, too . . .

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Quote:

Quote:

That's what I was thinking, too . . .

My bet is he uses it on himself in the season finale

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
No sense in wasting perfectly good poison. He knows that he might need to use it on somebody. Tune in!

I don't view Walt as a monster. He had a taste of power and money and he developed an ego in the process. I think he's still a good guy but I know I will be wrong as he becomes more evil.

I'm just glad Mike is on board. What a great character. Hopefully some awards will be coming his way.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Mike only left Lydia alive because she has the Methlamean (sp) hook up. While I think she may be someone very important, like Gus's niece or something, I think he puts two in her skull if she doesn't have the chemicals he needs.

I keep thinking Vince Gilligan has turned Walt into Anakin Skywalker of sorts. The pensive belief he is doing a greater good for himself and his family, while crossing over more lines of morality and deeper into the "dark side." Jesse has oddly enough turned into his good and sensibility through a blind, undeserved loyalty. Since Saul is the only one who knows the truth behind the Riacin cigarette, at some point he would have to betray Walt and tell that to Jesse. Worlds WILL be reversed when that happens. Walt has reached a point where his only salvation will be through his own death. At this point I don't see him being alive after the final episode in 2013.

And my spider senses say we still have one giant character who has not yet made an appearance. Lydia is NOT the only connection from Madrigal. And I can't see the stooges Madrigal sent to answer questions being anything more than cardboard figures who know nothing, and could therefore say nothing.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

I don't view Walt as a monster. He had a taste of power and money and he developed an ego in the process. I think he's still a good guy but I know I will be wrong as he becomes more evil.

I'm just glad Mike is on board. What a great character. Hopefully some awards will be coming his way.

Walt beat cancer and did what was necessary to provide for his family. He says he is broke, but throughout this ordeal, he & Skylar bought a carwash.

NOW, after beating a powerful drug lord and being lucky to be alive, he is proceeding with making more meth and is quickly turning into a power-hungry, won't take no for an answer type guy.

I feel for everybody on the show but him. Even Saul.

Walt's turning more and more into a MONSTER. Anti-hero, whatever you want to call him . . .

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
At this point, you know you are still rooting for him to succeed. Right? I am.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Not if it means his family & friends are put in any more danger than they already are. Or worse....

Say Walt Jr. bites it because of pops. Still rootin' for the guy?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I'm rooting for a good story....but I can't really root for Walt anymore. Come on, he poisoned a kid to save his own life (and the kid could have died). And then he risked his neighbors life in the next episode. AND we all remember him letting Jane die because it was interfering with his relationship with Jesse.

He's a creep, punk and jerk. But that doesn't mean I'm turning the channel.

We all watched Scarface to the last second. Tony Montana was just as bad too (though, Tony wouldn't kill a woman or children.....Walt would).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

We all watched Scarface to the last second. Tony Montana was just as bad too (though, Tony wouldn't kill a woman or children.....Walt would).

Nice comparison, it looks like we are setting up for a scarface type ending with Walt purchasing that m-60.

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
I'm just saying that right now as a fan of the show, everyone is rooting for Walt's new Meth business to succeed. That feeling might change as the season goes on but we are rooting for Walt right now. (Unless you are hoping he just gives up the Meth and just runs a clean car wash business and becomes a really good dad - that would make for great TV!)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'm just saying that right now as a fan of the show, everyone is rooting for Walt's new Meth business to succeed. That feeling might change as the season goes on but we are rooting for Walt right now. (Unless you are hoping he just gives up the Meth and just runs a clean car wash business and becomes a really good dad - that would make for great TV!)

I would tend to agree, I would think if I was disgusted by Walt I probably wouldn't even bother turning on the show.

15 minutes to go.... Like the Walking Dead this is one show I can't wait to watch.

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
At the end when Walt brings up the box cutter episode, is he telling Jesse he is planning on killing Mike? I would hate to see Mike go but I would keep watching.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

At the end when Walt brings up the box cutter episode, is he telling Jesse he is planning on killing Mike? I would hate to see Mike go but I would keep watching.

That's a good question. I think so. Walt's not dumb at this point either, he can't do what Mike is doing. He doesn't have the connections or knowledge of that side, so he can't just off him and expect the business side to run itself.

Victor was just hired muscle who tried to be more (and made a mistake by showing his face at the Gale crime scene). Mike is way more, he's a 1/3 partner.

I liked the new "roving cook lab" idea. I was wondering how they were going start cooking again.

I don't like Skyler right now. I think she was portrayed as a stronger character in previous seasons....and now she's crumbling away in a weak manner. Although, it was nice that she told off Marie FINALLY.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Chinchilla7222- At the end when Walt brings up the box cutter episode, is he telling Jesse he is planning on killing Mike? I would hate to see Mike go but I would keep watching.

It looked like Jesse was on to it judging from the look he had in his eyes at the end of the episode. I have a feeling he relays the message to Mike.

Quote:

Punchsmack - I liked the new "roving cook lab" idea. I was wondering how they were going start cooking again.

Loved that scene also, it really had a season 1 or 2 feel when they were cooking to that music. Was digging that track whatever it was.

Quote:

Punchsmack -
I don't like Skyler right now. I think she was portrayed as a stronger character in previous seasons....and now she's crumbling away in a weak manner. Although, it was nice that she told off Marie FINALLY.

I have never liked her, and the chips were already stacked against her since I found her Deadwood character to be incredibly annoying also.

So maybe it's the actress, but the whole thing with Ted just made me write her off.

I can care less about her at this point.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 07/30/12 11:12 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
in rememberance of tio http://tiosbell.com/

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

in rememberance of tio http://tiosbell.com/

Sweet!

Wonder what happens over the next year - the bacon "51" last night and the "52" being shown on the first episode foreshadow.

Does Skyler get killed, along with the kids? After last night, I think she is going to take the kids and run - or at least try and Walt ends up killing her. She is terrified of Walt right now. Walt has truly become a bad person - the scene where Skyler was telling him what she was going to do and him countering her every idea was intense!

Maybe Mike ends up killing his family? If Walt tries to kill him?

I love this show!

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Skylar deserves whatever she gets, Walt is becoming a serious baddy!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Wonder what happens over the next year - the bacon "51" last night and the "52" being shown on the first episode foreshadow.

Does Skyler get killed, along with the kids? After last night, I think she is going to take the kids and run - or at least try and Walt ends up killing her. She is terrified of Walt right now. Walt has truly become a bad person - the scene where Skyler was telling him what she was going to do and him countering her every idea was intense!

Yeah it appeared the family is definitely not around for birthday #52.

As much as I detest Skyler she is right about the family not being safe. It's how she goes about getting her message across. The pool stunt was incredibly annoying.

Mike was probably right about killing "banjo eyes". She will be their demise, once the DEA starts questioning her she'll crumble.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The wife and I took a mid-mid-season review last night. We re-watched the foreshadowing of Walt's 52nd b-day...

- He's using Skyler's maiden name
- He's not wearing a wedding ring (which he has always worn)
- He was hiding out in New Hampshire .... not sure what that means yet
- The mega gun, an obvious homage to Scarface and backed up in Sode 3, is for someone in ABQ (not Houston, where "banjo eyes" lives).
- I would guess the cancer is back from his cough and pill taking...which Skyler hints she's hoping for in Sode 4.
- Something HUGE and probably odd had to have happened for him to go on the lam. Think about it, most situations that have come up for Walt, he's attacked with fierce aggression to protect himself, his family and his cooking. So what would have happened to make him go into hiding? Crazy.

It's odd when you think that it took all of Season 1, 2, 3, 4 and 25% of 5 to tell 12 months in the Breaking Bad universe and in the next 12 we might jump 12 months (though I would imagine most of the next 12 will be only a month from now).

As much as I dislike Skyler right now, I have to really thank Anna Gunn for her performance. It's truly a compliment to her that so many people can feel anger towards Skyler's character, who really hasn't been on the screen much lately.

I would like to see more of Jesse....but maybe Season 3 and 4 were his.

Oh well...4 more weeks and then another whole year of waiting. Ugh. Not fair.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wish I wouldn't have deleted the first episode from the dvr, thanks of the observations from the re-watch.

Quote:

Something HUGE and probably odd had to have happened for him to go on the lam. Think about it, most situations that have come up for Walt, he's attacked with fierce aggression to protect himself, his family and his cooking. So what would have happened to make him go into hiding? Crazy.

Yeah, can't wait to see it whatever it is. Hopefully it is within these last 4 episodes. But I doubt it, they will probably cliffhanger us at the end of the season on this event.

Quote:

As much as I dislike Skyler right now, I have to really thank Anna Gunn for her performance. It's truly a compliment to her that so many people can feel anger towards Skyler's character, who really hasn't been on the screen much lately.

Quote:

Oh well...4 more weeks and then another whole year of waiting. Ugh. Not fair.

Definitely, AMC writes it off as a 16 episode 5th season but really it feels like two 8 episode seasons.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
You guys are weirding me out w/ the Skyler hate and unconditional pulling for Walt.

The protagonist has become the bad guy. Are you going to cheer when Jesse, Mike, Hank, Skyler, or one of the White kids gets killed because Walt can't stop?

Legend
Legend
Skylar gets way too much hate. Maybe the family plot isn't as 'exciting' as business side of things, it's not something that you can possibly ignore in the final season, and it's in fact extremely important that we're going down this road. If I had to guess, much of the Skylar plot will be resolved in this half-season and we'll spend 2013 watching the repercussions of that as well as probably more emphasis on the drug business and how that all shakes out.

All that said, I think the Skylar stuff has been fascinating this season. The scene last episode between Walter and Skylar in the bedroom was absolute perfection from both Cranston and Gunn.

Cheating is bad, but I think it smacks of misogyny that so many people hate Skyler for infidelity. Her husband is a lying, egomaniacal, seemingly sociopathic meth kingpin -- she's not any sort of derogatory word for women you want to throw out there simply because she was continually deeply betrayed by her husband and sought emotional and physical intimacy in a place where she could actually feel safe about it.

Skyler's quietly one of the best characters on television. She's having a real, believable reaction to the sudden understanding that she is married to a man who has been stripped of his humanity and devolved into pure evil. She is trapped. There is no way to be "strong" or "have balls" in this scenario, she's doing everything she can to ACTUALLY take care of her family -- the opposite of what Walt is accomplishing, despite your readiness to proclaim him "strong" and "powerful."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Skyler's quietly one of the best characters on television. She's having a real, believable reaction to the sudden understanding that she is married to a man who has been stripped of his humanity and devolved into pure evil. She is trapped. There is no way to be "strong" or "have balls" in this scenario, she's doing everything she can to ACTUALLY take care of her family -- the opposite of what Walt is accomplishing, despite your readiness to proclaim him "strong" and "powerful."

This.

While I do dislike Skyler for some of her past actions and just her characters personality in general. The woman playing the character and the writing of her character has been phenomenal in her reaction to what her life has become. As mentioned above, it is a real, believable reaction to what is happening to her life.

Eat it Phil...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

You guys are weirding me out w/ the Skyler hate and unconditional pulling for Walt.

The protagonist has become the bad guy. Are you going to cheer when Jesse, Mike, Hank, Skyler, or one of the White kids gets killed because Walt can't stop?

I typically enjoy the darker or more shocking ending rather than the typical Hollywood storybook ending so often I do end up rooting for the bad guy.

Walt turning darker each episodes fascinates me, I'm watching each week to see how much further he will go to get what he wants.

Don't be weirded out, I'm weird.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I am all about dark characters, anti-heroes, & whatnot. And I like Walt.

But I just can't hate on Skylar for the way she's acting. She's stuck w/ Walt because she's so involved at this point and she's doing whatever she thinks is necessary to make her kids safe. And Walt is wrong to think that they ARE safe.

Legend
Legend
What a weird cold open...

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Crap. I won't be able to watch this new one til Wednesday night.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Well that was interesting

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
WOW.

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Well that was interesting

That reminded me of the episode when Combo got shot with it starting off following some random kid riding around on a bike, and you're wondering what in the heck does he have to do with anything.

Loved the look on Skyler's face when Walt told her he was going to rob a train, I think she believed him. Great episode.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 08/12/12 11:30 PM.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Damn.

I know Todd was only doing what he thought was necessary...but DAMN!

Anyone that was saying season 5 was slow so far just got punched in the face by Vince Gilligan.

[Linked Image]

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Wow! Exciting episode.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
10 minutes to go.....

Legend
Legend
Walt has completely lost sight of what he originally got into the business for. If somone had offered him $5 mil at the start of the show he would've taken it and walked away, but now he's gotten too greedy.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Agree totally, we're watching the events that lead up to the eventual breakdown he has on birthday #52 and after.

Jesse having dinner with Skyler and Walt was quite the awkward moment, great acting there. I felt incredibly uncomfortable during that scene, and I'm sure that's what they were going for.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Breaking Bad - Seasons 4+

Link Copied to Clipboard