Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

He lets Jesse's girlfriend dies right in front of him.

Just my opinion, but that heroin junkie was going to get Jesse killed and ruin his life.

For whatever reason I am compelled to see Walt's actions as reasonable in every case except poisoning Brock. I didn't see the strategic advantage in that. Maybe the fact that it is a tv show has me not caring about right and wrong

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

He lets Jesse's girlfriend dies right in front of him.

Just my opinion, but that heroin junkie was going to get Jesse killed and ruin his life.

For whatever reason I am compelled to see Walt's actions as reasonable in every case except poisoning Brock. I didn't see the strategic advantage in that. Maybe the fact that it is a tv show has me not caring about right and wrong

Because dealing meth and killing people aren't going to ruin his life and get him killed

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Thats pretty good!

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

IMHO, I would disagree. The poisoning of Brock was possibly the most ingenious thing Walt has done when it comes to manipulating Jesse. Jesse was done with Walt and was now on team Gus/Mike. Walt was toast and to manipulate Jesse into thinking that Gus was behind the Brock poisoning at the time was huge. Again, just my $0.02.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
*spoilers.... What are you doing on dawgtalk? get on netflix...**

I suppose my trouble with the poisoning is why did Walt use lily of the valley instead of the ricin? Let me think for a bit.

Okay. So at first he wanted to make it look like Gus poisoned the kid with the ricin and was pinning it on him. But then later he tricks Jesse into thinking it was swept up into the roomba. And used lily of the valley to make it look like Brock just ate some berries for no reason. Side note: I read there is evidence in the show that Saul and Huel did the actual poisoning of Brock. In one episode of you look closely the receptionist is shredding elementary school schedules.

But so if Jesse is now lead to believe that he lost the ricin, and brock accidentally poisoned himself... Why didn't he go back with Gus and Mike? They didn't do anything wrong in his mind. I guess he felt bad for pointing a gun at Walt for "no reason".

Frankly I never really understood why Gus wanted to get rid of Walt in the first place. Unless that was his plan all along, and it wasn't a personal thing...maybe I need to rewatch that season, but it didn't make sense to me. Seemed like they were raking in the cash with little problem aside from Hank snooping around.

Four episodes left.. I suspect they will all be action packed and crazy from this point onward

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I agree, it was pure genius. Ruthless and evil, but pure genius. Jesse lured Gus to the hospital, but the plan fell apart, and then Jesse gave Saul the info about Tio. Neither of those two would have happened had Walt not manipulated Jesse back onto his side.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

*spoilers.... What are you doing on dawgtalk? get on netflix...**

I suppose my trouble with the poisoning is why did Walt use lily of the valley instead of the ricin? Let me think for a bit.

Okay. So at first he wanted to make it look like Gus poisoned the kid with the ricin and was pinning it on him. But then later he tricks Jesse into thinking it was swept up into the roomba. And used lily of the valley to make it look like Brock just ate some berries for no reason. Side note: I read there is evidence in the show that Saul and Huel did the actual poisoning of Brock. In one episode of you look closely the receptionist is shredding elementary school schedules.

But so if Jesse is now lead to believe that he lost the ricin, and brock accidentally poisoned himself... Why didn't he go back with Gus and Mike? They didn't do anything wrong in his mind. I guess he felt bad for pointing a gun at Walt for "no reason".

Frankly I never really understood why Gus wanted to get rid of Walt in the first place. Unless that was his plan all along, and it wasn't a personal thing...maybe I need to rewatch that season, but it didn't make sense to me. Seemed like they were raking in the cash with little problem aside from Hank snooping around.

Four episodes left.. I suspect they will all be action packed and crazy from this point onward

#1 - Walt used the LotV because the ricin would definelty have killed the kid. The LofV could have killed him too, but the odds were less than the ricin (which would have been 100%). So that's why it was so awful for Walt to poison Brock, there was a decent chance that Brock could have died. He was in the ICU for a while.

#2 - Not just the odds of death, but he couldn't use the ricin because he needed Jesse to find it later. Jesse originally suspected the whole plan when he came to kill Walt. He figured Huell lifted the ricin cig when he visited Saul's office but Walt quickly explained that Gus was always ahead of Walt and he stole the ricin cig to poison Brock to get Jesse against Walt. And this is how Jesse re-figured out Walt was behind the poisoning when Saul had Huell lift the pot from Jesse's coat before the vacuum guy picked him up. Jesse had the suspicion but never really spent enough time to confirm it.

#3 - Right, they were shredding the school schedules to show that Saul or one of his cronies poisoned Brock. I seem to remember Vince Gilligan saying they probably tainted his juice box in a locker or something.

#4 - Walt was a loose end to Gus and a dangerous loose end at that. Gus knew how smart Walt was. With Jesse able to cook a 96% pure meth, he didn't need Walt anymore. Jesse was fully on the Mike/Gus bandwagon and wanted Walt gone too (not dead, but gone). And let's remember, after the Gale killing, Gus was going to kill Walt and/or Jesse as soon as he could. Victor for a sneak peek at Gus's anger with the box cutter. But with Jesse under the Gus mind-control, he didn't need to kill him, just Walt. But really, he gave Walt a chance to run and save his family. He warned him that he was going to kill Hank and if he tipped the DEA, he would then have no choice but to kill Walt AND his family.

#5 - "But so if Jesse is now lead to believe that he lost the ricin, and brock accidentally poisoned himself... Why didn't he go back with Gus and Mike?" - Gus was already dead. :-) Walt and Jesse talked about this a bit on the roof of the hospital. "He had to go right?", Jesse said. "Yup, he had to go", Walt then followed.

I hope I got all that right and made sense explaining it too.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
latest episode cliffhanger, noooooooooooo

although we can guess how a lopsided event turns out

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I had sweaty palms when it ended tonight. WHEW, that show puts me on edge like no other!

C
Legend
Legend
C
I bet Walt survives. It may have something to do with us knowing he survives.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Its going to be a long week waiting to see what happens. Its kinda silly to think he could survive in that car with all the bullets flying through there.

R
Legend
Legend
R
When Hank was standing out there on the phone with Marie out in the open I expected his head to get blown off. You knew those guys were showing up any way. Didn't expect a show down. Now we have to wait a week to find out. I love discovering shows on Netflix after the series ends. No waiting!

Great episode last night. Best one of the last four.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You could tell Hank was on cloud-9 after finally getting Walt in cuffs. Got to talk to Marie and share his joy. Yeah, he's a gonner. It's a way for the writers to let Hank "win" his game while still allowing he final showdown between Walt and Jesse.

Reminds me of the scene in "Hot Shots" where the character Dead Meat walked under a ladder, ran across a black cat's path and had a loving moment with his family before boarding a plane. Gonner too.

Any word if the series finale is a 2-hour episode? Seems like there is still much to be wrapped up.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
As of now, just a 1-hour finale. Bummer.

I was actually hoping Hank would have been sniped near the end of the call with Marie. I thought it would have played better (assuming he dies early next sode. But who knows, maybe they have something even better planned for him).

From my point of view, Hank's character arch is done. He set out to catch Heisenberg and did. He won. There's nothing else left to do. And come on, the way they framed that comments with Marie, "I won't be coming home for a while", he's done for.

And Jesse. Ugh. I want you to suffer.

Crazy to think, only three more weeks.

[Linked Image]

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Like most everyone, I was waiting for the cliche bullet through the head for Hank during or right after the call to Marie. But when it didn't, I knew the showdown was coming, but what then? I think Vince has yet another twist in this for us next week. What it is, I have no clue. We know Walt gets out of this and is incognito. “Mr. White — he’s the devil. He is smarter than you, he is luckier than you. Whatever you think is supposed to happen, I’m telling you, the exact, reverse opposite of that is going to happen.” -Jess Pinkman (BTW, pink in this show has come to symbolyze death...so Jesse has that going for him)

I am going to have to watch this whole series over again just for the easter eggs. From things I have read, everyone's fate has told to the viewer using various devices such as color (huge is this show), speeches, props. I've heard that this is playing out like Hamlet (which I don't remember from my school days) to Reservoir Dogs. What I do know is that Walt told us exactly how the series was going to go in the very first episode. He told his chemistry class:

"Chemistry is, well technically chemistry is the study of matter, but I prefer to see it as the study of change. Just think about this. Electrons, they change their energy levels. Molecules change their bonds. Elements, they combine and change into compounds. Well, that's all of life, right? It's the constant. It's the cycle. It's solution, dissolution just over, and over, and over. It is growth, then decay, then transformation. It is fascinating, really."

I love this show and I am looking forward to "wasting" another how-ever-many-hours of my life it was, watching it again once it is all done. I might just by the blu-rays and get it over with.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Amazing moment last night when Walt gave up. He called off the dogs to save Jesse and Hank. He's never lost sight of the fact that he DOES care for the people around him, namely his family (including Hank) and Jesse. Even though he wanted Jesse to be whacked, he wanted it done quickly and painlessly....but that was only because Jesse threatened him.

The twisted morality in this show is unreal.

Only 3 episodes left. At least I have something to look forward to on Sundays this month!

*In Baker we trust*
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

Amazing moment last night when Walt gave up. He called off the dogs to save Jesse and Hank. He's never lost sight of the fact that he DOES care for the people around him, namely his family (including Hank) and Jesse. Even though he wanted Jesse to be whacked, he wanted it done quickly and painlessly....but that was only because Jesse threatened him.

The twisted morality in this show is unreal.

Only 3 episodes left. At least I have something to look forward to on Sundays this month!

I don't think Jesse was under any consideration of sparing. Walt did call Todd's gang to tell him that Jesse had two others to help him and he needed them stat. It was Hank's presence that ended his hit. For Walt to get out of this, I guess Todd's Uncle has to be the one who frees him. Who else is going to do it? No reason for Jesse to save Walt from his own hit squad. No reason for Hank to free Walt for same reason. What happens to the other players? Does Hank escape, get whacked or even more unlikely win this battle? Again it is too easy for Hank to get taken out right now, so what will be the twist or are we out of them because we are no doubt running out of time?
Unless...
Maybe...just maybe...Hank gets shot up but not killed, Walt gets freed and turns on the gang to save Hank. Would make some sense in why he is ready for some future battle / rematch. I don't remember, but was Jesse wearing the green jacket in the episode? If so, then we know where Walt will get it.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
The brothers arent a joke. They are going to own Walt after killing 2 agents.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
The show is too well-written for me to buy that Hank sees his demise after a 'We did it, baby, I love you' phone call.

I would be disappointed if that were the case.

And, again, let's all remember the title of next week's episode...

Quote:

Ozymandias

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

C
Legend
Legend
C
Right.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:

The central theme of "Ozymandias" is the inevitable decline of all leaders, and of the empires they build, however mighty in their own time

But we know Walt doesn't die. Hank got his moment -- he finally caught Heisenberg. He then said goodbye to his wife. He is toast.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Right.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:

The central theme of "Ozymandias" is the inevitable decline of all leaders, and of the empires they build, however mighty in their own time

But we know Walt doesn't die. Hank got his moment -- he finally caught Heisenberg. He then said goodbye to his wife. He is toast.

I'm not saying it's not possible (or even likely). It would just be a turn for the writing staff to go from really intricate to lazy predictability.

And Walt doesn't need to die to lose everything. My read on his character is that his empire, ego and reputation are far more important to him than his family. He's proven that time and time again.

He completely lost the upper hand once the first bullet was fired. If he lives, he's back to being an indebted underling, like he was with Fring.

If he lives, he works for the Aryans now. Unless he goes to war with them.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Why are you saying "if"? We know for a fact that he lives.

Everything to Walt is his money. I say he gives up the money to save himself.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Why are you saying "if"? We know for a fact that he lives.

We do.

He doesn't.

My phrasing was more from a processing standpoint. Walt is a complex schemer. When the dust settles, these are things that will be going through his mind.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Got it. Sometimes things are lost in translation on the internet.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
I personally think they're toast. Hank, Jesse, and Gomez. Of the three I think Jesse has the best chance of living. I think Hank caught Hesinburg, said goodbye and that's his end, which considering where this character started is one hell of an end. Gomez is a semi-core character but he's dying.

I think this is what makes Walt use Saul's ID guy that Jesse refused. That's why Skylar and his son are nowhere and their home is abandoned in the future version. Skylar and her sister probably reconnect over Hank's death.

If Jesse doesn't die at the gunfight I have no idea where he goes. I concede it would pretty drastic to lose Hank and Jesse at the same time.

Quote:

If he lives, he works for the Aryans now. Unless he goes to war with them.

Which would explain an M-60 machine gun

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Walt wont be able to beat the aryans head to head in a fire fight. He would have to outsmart them and trick them.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
As a brief aside...The shootout was kind of silly. You think an Aryan aiming at Hank for that long at that range with a rifle would miss? I'm not sure how to redesign the scene, but the idea that everyone missed isn't very realistic. They weren't tweaked out and bullet riddled like Tuco. They should have dropped Hank and Gomez in 2 seconds at that range.

In my mind Hank and Gomez are clearly going to die. Jesse might not if they talk to Walt first.

I don't really understand why Walt needs a machine gun. They aren't very easy to wield and aren't that effective as a solitary weapon. Unless he is in some sort of scarface defending the palace scenario. I can see a lot more potential uses for the ricin.

How they are going to fit everything into the last 3 episodes is beyond me.

My suspicion is he get hired back by the Aryans and somehow Skyler either dies or is vanished by Saul's guy.

One thing I just thought of. Will the Aryans find that this is where Walt's money is buried?

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

As a brief aside...The shootout was kind of silly. You think an Aryan aiming at Hank for that long at that range with a rifle would miss? I'm not sure how to redesign the scene, but the idea that everyone missed isn't very realistic. They weren't tweaked out and bullet riddled like Tuco. They should have dropped Hank and Gomez in 2 seconds at that range.

I agree

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

I'm holding out judgement until Sunday.

At first, I thought the same as you but then I rewatched the scene last night. Hank was mostly behind the car already, from the Aryan POV, and Gomez seemed to be inching towards it. Depending upon who they shot at first, if they're good shots, and the amount of jump cutting the editor did, I can maybe give it a pass. Again, I need to wait until Sunday though.

Hank and Gomez may have been hit a few times already. We don't really know.

[Linked Image]

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Anybody have money to burn?

I'll be getting that for Christmas.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Anybody have money to burn?

I ordered and chose 1-day delivery. When I get it tomorrow I'll let you all know how it ends.

As much as I like this series, that's A LOT of money.

[Linked Image]

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Sooooooooo....thoughts on Ozymandias and Granite State?

Ozymandias might be the greatest one hour of television ever, in my humble opinion at least. Wow! I watched and re-watched the whole show 3 times. I really liked the chess board setup near the end. The White King is cornered and is two moves from checkmate, very fitting.

As for Granite State, very good setup for the finale.

Anybody doing anything special for this Sunday? I'm inviting a few other BB diehard fans over, ordering pizza and serving good beer to celebrate. I have a feeling we'll all be very happy/sad with the ending.

[Linked Image]

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
This show is so dang good.

Walt trying to intimidate Saul and failing really hit home. He is a shell of what he was. There is so much ground to cover yet, and so little time.

I really am going to miss them when its over.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I love Todd. He's such a polite little sociopath it cracks me up.

I've been wondering for a few episodes how they are going to fit everything into the last few episodes. Now one episode is left and I really have no idea.

I don't really understand the need for the machine gun yet. One man with a machine gun isn't any more effective than an AR15. And really there are only like 5-6 of those Aryans. He could just ricin their water supply.

Monday's (for me in thailand..Sunday for normal folk) are amazing. Football followed by Breaking Bad. And no more Dexter to suffer through. I also like the seth macfarlane stuff

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think somehow the ricin is destined for Elliott and Gretchen and possibly Lydia. Walt gets them to meet in the coffee shop or something...

Grey Matter has to be part of the ending. They are basically what started this "Empire Business" drive by Walt in the first place.

I still think Walt frees Jesse. He's the only "family" left.

Should be fun to watch.

*In Baker we trust*
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
The machine gun is for the Ayrians, the ricin is for Lydia or Todd and that stupid tea.

That machine gun is way more devastating than an AR 15. Thats why the Army still uses them.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
I'm in the process of catching up/getting started!

I started Saturday watching episodes from the beginning, I'm up to season 3...Walter just signed off on the divorce and hasn't yet accepted Gus's offer...DAMN this show is amazing!

I should've made the splash sooner. When it started I still wasn't over 24 leaving me...I wasn't ready for a new commitment.

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

I'm in the process of catching up/getting started!

I started Saturday watching episodes from the beginning, I'm up to season 3...Walter just signed off on the divorce and hasn't yet accepted Gus's offer...DAMN this show is amazing!

I should've made the splash sooner. When it started I still wasn't over 24 leaving me...I wasn't ready for a new commitment.

Are you watching the BB marathon on AMC right now?

[Linked Image]

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Breaking Bad - Seasons 4+

Link Copied to Clipboard