Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
Legend
Legend
N
the issue with KC is they didn't even compete for the first 2.5 games. finally, in the 2nd half of the SD game they came back but fell short (even then, they had some of the worst coaching down the stretch to try to botch the comeback attempt).

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yeah ... so ownership may decide that coaching needs changed more than the QB. (especially since the QB has had success with 2 different teams, including his current team)

However, KC had fewer passing yards last year than we did. Cassell did have 27 passing TD though.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
N
Legend
Legend
N
they also have the NFLs best running attack (which did not seem to be there this year even before Charles got hurt).

Cassel is more of a game-manager type in that he typically won't lose you a game, but doesn't really win you a game either. But, this year, he hasn't been good at all. Even without their best offensive (Charles) and defensive (Berry) players though, they have too much talent to end up in the first 3 picks of the draft. I suspect they will win a few games at some point.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Ah, I was unaware they just took a QB. I just knew that they have McNabb and are going into the crapper in every 2nd half.

Maybe McNabb is unaware that second half points actually count.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
"I didn't even know there was a second half."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I know this is a hypothetical situation (Atlanta going 2-14) but let's be real here, there's no freaking way they don't win at least 8-9 games. So I can't really get to a place to talk about what we would do if the Falcons imploded and we got the #1 overall draft slot.

What if Matt Ryan gets a season ending injury next week?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I know this is a hypothetical situation (Atlanta going 2-14) but let's be real here, there's no freaking way they don't win at least 8-9 games. So I can't really get to a place to talk about what we would do if the Falcons imploded and we got the #1 overall draft slot.

What if Colt does?

Seneca takes us to 9-7 and we make the playoffs.. Now What?

OR

Seneca takes us to 4-12 and we get the #1 pick... Now What?

I Hate What Ifs!

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
What if Luck is the next Ryan Leaf?

What if Luck is the next Elway?

What if Luck is the Easter Bunny?

What if Luck stays in college for his senior season?

What if?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

then Carolina would draft Cam Newton instead of Luck. did you mean, what if Luck didn't stay for his senior season?

hypotheticals are fun barstool debates. if you don't like them, then that is fine, but do not come and hijack threads to express your disdane. it's like saying you don't like the beer at a party and proceeding to dump it down the drain rather than just let everyone else enjoy it

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
this is his redshirt junior year. really.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

well then. dang, college kids seem to stay around forever (doesn't it feel like kellen moore was the starting QB for Boise vs. Oklahoma in their first big win?)

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think that makes it simple - you take Luck.

If Colt doesn't show he "could" be the man whether though performance or by injury then you take Luck.

If he progresses enough though the year that when the season ends we are all thinking: Yes he is the man. Then you don't take Luck.

The problem comes if Colt shows enough to make it impossible to say: No Colt isn't the answer but does show just enough to say: Huh, maybe he could be yet not quite enough to be convincing.

Legend
Legend
It always felt like JJ Redic and Diana Turasi were in college forever...

When they're that good from when they first satrt, they are around for much longer...

Unless Luck BARELY misses a National Title/Heisman this year and thinks he can get one next year, what reason does he have to come back? (Ignoring the actual reasons peopel go to college)

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

what reason does he have to come back?

california girls with no fulltime responsibility (college QB on cruise control at that point and he graduates this year)

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

What if Luck is the next Ryan Leaf?

What if Luck is the next Elway?

What if Luck is the Easter Bunny?

What if?

I think I heard that Luck dressed up as the Easter Bunny last year and took chocolate to a local orphanage

I was just pointing out a scenario in which Atlanta could finish with only 2 wins.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

what reason does he have to come back?

california girls with no fulltime responsibility (college QB on cruise control at that point and he graduates this year)

Quote:

(Ignoring the actual reasons peopel go to college)

N
Legend
Legend
N
well, yeah. though Stanford is an odd choice if that's why he picked them

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I Hate What Ifs!

Yet you've posted 5 or 6 times in this thread.

Quote:

Quote:

What if Colt does?

At this point in Colt's developing career I don't think we lose a whole lot going to Wallace even though in the long run I think Colt will be a whole lot better.

Us losing Colt doesn't compare to a lot of other teams losing their starter, not right now.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Sadly, I disagree. Mostly because I think Wallace is significantly worse.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

then Carolina would draft Cam Newton instead of Luck. did you mean, what if Luck didn't stay for his senior season?

hypotheticals are fun barstool debates. if you don't like them, then that is fine, but do not come and hijack threads to express your disdane. it's like saying you don't like the beer at a party and proceeding to dump it down the drain rather than just let everyone else enjoy it

Fair point.

Nah, I didn't mean to poo-poo on this thread. Just trying to add a little humor. And like CleveSteve said, I thought Luck was a red-shirt junior meaning he could stay one more season after this (not likely, but another "what if?).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I've been wondering how Atlanta would do and they're really not looking all that good.

I don't know about the wheels falling off, but if Ryan went down or if Roddy White went down, they'd be in some serious trouble and the Browns could very well be drafting high.

Also, it was brought up, I don't remember where (maybe on Bruce Drennan's show) about the weaker schedule they had last year than this year. Not unlike our schedule when we went 10-6 with Anderson as the QB.

They have lots of talent on that team but with the likes of the Saints and Tampa Bay in their division, it's going to be tough for them to win too many divisional games. Was Julio Jones worth all that when they have Roddy White & Tony Gonzalez on the team?

Looking at their schedule, I can see them winning 5 or 6 games. Even if they win two more than that, they still give us a pick in the top half of the first round.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

So Atlanta is 1-2 right now and it got me thinking...

What if Atlanta were to have the wheels come of and end up at say 2-14, giving us the number one pick next year. And what if we somehow scrape out 9-7... Would You draft Luck? Which way would you go.

I'm torn. I wouldn't want the QB controversy but how do you pass on Luck? A stud right tackle, a star WR or a beast at LB all being our bigger needs.

I know it's highly unlikely, but at least we can dream. Thoughts?

I don't know how to rate QBs but if what they say about him (best QB to come out in 10 years, comparsions to Peyton Manning) then I'd take him in a heartbeat and trade Colt for 2nd or 3rd rounder after year 1

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't know if Andrew Luck would be any good or any qb for that matter, I'm not a guru, I liked a few before the draft.

Wow just imagine the Browns with a really good quarterback, No I mean a really good one, Like one of the best ever? WOW

It was one thing in 99 when they took couch and had little around him, and he was the best ( haha) 3 or 4th or 5th best qb taken that year, took him 1st overall.

Take a look at Packers qb, he wasn't any good for his first 2 and a half years, but nobody wants to admit it, now he may be the best in the league, and he was taken pretty much in the top, (ok he drifted in the draft but he was the 2nd qb taken that day) followed by my favorite that year, Mark Cambell, and then Matt Jones who played receiver.

All's I'm saying is, Current Browns QB, is pretty good, but he ain't in the Hall of fame, ... Check this out, How many 300 yd or 400 yd passing days will he have this year? Ya!

If they had a chance to actually get a franchise Qb, I don't care if they want to get him next April and wait 3 more years with Colt, If they can get a coach and a quarterback, maybe they can Win a Superbowl, or even Make a Superbowl.

Hey in 99, NOt only did you have Couch! You also had Akili Smith! and Cade McKnown, and somebody else, ...
but you also might have had Donovan McNabb, and I think he might still be in the league, and he made it to one superbowl.

If you can get a quarterback, GET A QUARTERBACK, I like the one they have now, but ,
Do you think defenses aren't going to start noticing his only TD throws come after a long scramble to the right side and in the right corner? I'd like to make them defend both sides of field, but hey
it's only the NFL!

Last edited by THROW LONG; 09/27/11 05:03 AM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I am becoming a huge fan of Robert Griffin. He is having a Cam Newton type year.

He is becoming much more polishes and accurate. His deep ball accuracy is impressive.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Atlanta! ...
Nobody has put up their remaining schedule yet.
at seattle
Green bay
Carolina
at Detroit
bye week
at Indianapolis
New Orleans
Tennessee
Minnesota
at Houston
at Carolina
Jacksonville Thurs
at New Orleans MN
Tampa Bay
If they make the playoffs it doesn't matter how many losses they have, it matters how far they advance.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Take a look at Packers qb, he wasn't any good for his first 2 and a half years, but nobody wants to admit it,

He threw about 50 total passes in his first 3 years because he sat behind Brett Favre... in his first full season as the starter he threw for over 4000 yards and 28 TDs and 13 INTs... what exactly are you talking about?

Quote:

Hey in 99, NOt only did you have Couch! You also had Akili Smith! and Cade McKnown, and somebody else, ...
but you also might have had Donovan McNabb, and I think he might still be in the league, and he made it to one superbowl.

Donovan McNabb would have been a forgotten man just like Couch if he had come here, don't kid yourself.

Quote:

Do you think defenses aren't going to start noticing his only TD throws come after a long scramble to the right side and in the right corner?

Except for the scramble to the left when he threw the TD to Evan Moore... and the two he threw from the pocket last week... except for those 3, the other 2 were scrambles to the right...

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Except he's a smart kid and has already made it widely known that he's graduating with his degree this year. So...yeah it might as well be his senior year. He IS coming out for the 2012 draft 100%.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He could technically enroll in Grad school and use his last year of eligibility.

Legend
Legend
That would really upset the teams "sucking for Luck".

I guess there is a Twitter account with that name or something. Supoosedly it's very funny. I don't understand Twitter so I haven't really looked at it.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was talking about this with my brother a few weeks ago.

If Cincinnati gets the #1 pick in the draft, why wouldn't Luck say "Screw this, I'm going back to school for another year."?

Legend
Legend
I think he'd just pull a Eli Manning and demand a trade. I know I would. Someone would pony up with draft picks to get ownership of that pick.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
But, could he really trust Mike Brown to trade the pick and not take him anyway after how he handled the Carson Palmer situation?

Legend
Legend
If I was Luck in that situation, "Go ahead and pick me, I won't report, you'll waste a pick and then I'll re-enter the draft next season. I can play one more season at Stanford. Eat it."

Bo Jackson did it. And like I said, Eli forced a trade....so could Luck.

As much as we crack jokes about the Bengals, I don't see them being "#1 overall pick in the 2012 draft" bad. Now the Phins? Sure.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Quote:

But, could he really trust Mike Brown to trade the pick and not take him anyway after how he handled the Carson Palmer situation?

I wouldn't!

Did anyone hear Boomer Esiason talk about the Palmer issue on Sunday.

Someone on the panel called Palmer a quitter and Esiason said he doesn't blame him for wanting out of there.. LOL and Esiason was there when the bengals were at least respectable...think about it,,they were winning and Boomer still thought it was a joke down there.

Mike Brown has ruined that team. he's the problem, not the solution.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If I was Luck in that situation, "Go ahead and pick me, I won't report, you'll waste a pick and then I'll re-enter the draft next season. I can play one more season at Stanford. Eat it."

Once you declare, you can't then go back, right? Especially after you've been drafted...

I think Bo got drafted by the Yucks, went and played baseball, then got drafted by the RRRRRRaiders... Different story.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

could he really trust the Bengals to not have the #1 overall pick again the next year

and OSGuy - he doesn't have to declare until mid-January. at which time, he will know who owns the rights to the #1 overall NFL pick (barring trades of course)

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
If you're Luck...

Where do you WANT to go?

49ers - Hook up with your old coach (though they did just draft Capernick in the 2nd, ...why again did they do that?)

KC - Solid run game, average defense, coaching is questionable

Miami - Probably ganna be wiped clean this offseason (if not sooner)

Colts - Take over, or learn from one of the best ever, but, is there really anything else there?

What I'm trying to get at, are there any Atl, or Baltimore type teams, that he could be plugged in to and have success right away? (Besides Cleveland of course )

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
But he will know who has the #1 overall pick in the upcoming draft before he has to make his decision.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

What I'm trying to get at, are there any Atl, or Baltimore type teams, that he could be plugged in to and have success right away? (Besides Cleveland of course )

There are a lot of teams that would be made immediately better with a QB as good as Luck is supposed to be but none of them are going to come close to drafting #1.

Why Atl and Baltimore? Are you referring to them picking Flacco? He was the 18th pick in the draft, obviously the Ravens weren't THAT bad when they drafted him... and the Falcons picked up Michael Turner and a couple of defensive pieces and a new coach the year they drafted Matt Ryan 4th... so I guess it's hard to say but I don't see anybody likely to be in the Luck Lottery as ready to make an immediate move to playoff contender.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Minnesota could be in the running.

Do they give up on Ponder before he even plays a down for a chance at Luck?

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Atlanta and the Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard