Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
This is the time of year that people will start taking apart the hype of the top prospects.... it is what stirs the NFL Draft engine.

Hell, if you think back to it, this time of year prior to Quinn being drafted he was receiving almost as much ridiculous hype... and so have a half dozen other QB's over the past several years.
It's just that time of year.... half of the fans in the league are already turning their minds and eyes to "next year".

Let the circus commence...

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Eh ... Quinn wasn't supposedly the most talented, or the best QB prospect ...... but he was supposed to be the most "NFL ready".

We see how that worked out.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They were just copying my comments lol. I really like Rob Rang but it wasn't long ago he was stating that Luck received the highest grade that he had ever given out.

As I have been saying, Luck is my top rated guy as well but I don't see much separation at all between the top 4 qbs. Each has their strengths and weaknesses. This is a fantastic QB class, we get any of these 4 and we are very lucky, although I think Luck and Jones are gone 1 dn 2 off the board, which will leave us the choice of Tannehill and Barkley.

Legend
Legend
Why does Chris Polk get no love?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Heck of a back and wouldnt mind having him on the Browns but I don't see us making another big draft investment in RB this soon.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That works for me, cuz I'll take Barkley over Jones any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Heck of a back and wouldnt mind having him on the Browns but I don't see us making another big draft investment in RB this soon.

WalterFootball.com currently has us taking
Quinten Coples(DE, UNC) and Riley Reiff (OT, Iowa) in the 1st
Mohamed Sanu(WR, Rutgers)
LaMichael James(RB, Oregon) in the 3rd

Eh. Better than the one site I saw had us taking Trent Richardson with our first pick...

Last edited by OSGuy; 11/03/11 04:13 PM.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Eh ... Quinn wasn't supposedly the most talented, or the best QB prospect ...... but he was supposed to be the most "NFL ready".

We see how that worked out.

Quinn - "most NFL ready" Qb
Robo - "most NFL ready" Wr

Is "most NFL ready" Latin for sucky player about to be drafted by the Browns?

Simms says that he hasn't seen Luck make those throws. That doesn't mean that he can't. I say he hasn't seen those throws because Luck is a smart decision maker and throws to the wide open receiver rather than forcing the ball in when he doesn't have to.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hold Phil Sims opinion on QB, very high.

In their match up game with USC.

I thought Barkley had the more lively arm of the two, but Luck had better poise in the pocket and he seemed to make better decisions overall, but Stanford's running game really helps take the pressure off of Luck by keeping him on schedule.

[Linked Image]

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Hey what does anyone know about RGIII. I mean I am of the opinion we need a QB but it appears the Colts, Dolphins, and Seahawks will be picking ahead of us unless something unforeseen happens which means that a combination of Luck, Barkley, and Jones will be gone to those teams. In some current mock drafts I've seen RGIII in the top 10. Anyone watch Baylor play?

What I think I know about RGIII:
1. Fast: In track, he broke state records for the 110-meter and 300-meter hurdles. At one point he was also the top ranked 400 meter dasher in the US. So we are talking Vick like speed at QB.

2. Good arm: It appears he has an above average arm. When he throws slants and comebacks they are ropes usually. I also saw one throw that was probably 40-50 yards in the air. At 4:12 in the video attached he is standing on his 35 and throws it to the 20.

3, Plays with inferior talent and carries the team. He wrecked TCU which generally is known for having a good college defense.

4. At one point had more TDs than Incompletions which isn't totally relevant but still it was a cool stat.

5. Both of his parents are retired U.S. Army Sergeants, which means he probably grew up in a very disciplined family.

What I don't know:
1. Is He NFL Accurate: Currently he has a 74.5 completion %. On its face it looks impressive. If you watch some game of his you can see some NFL throws but a lot of times his WR is college open.

2. Spread QB: Toughest to evaluate. Is his stock being bumped up by the Cam Newton effect?

3. Not because is black but because of his skill set does he most favorably compare to Vick?

4. Is he a legit top 10 pick?

Any insight?

Link to that TCU game highligts turn off the volume tho cause it has some Russian dude scouting him for some odd reason

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quinn - "most NFL ready" Qb
Robo - "most NFL ready" Wr

Is "most NFL ready" Latin for sucky player about to be drafted by the Browns?

Honestly I think "most NFL ready" is code for "has already hit his ceiling"

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Fun quarterback to watch but he is small and plays in the spread. Seond rounder at the earliest.

N
Legend
Legend
N
his best comparison is a better version of Seneca Wallace. he's small, he plays a pure spread, and his ball floats on the deeper throws.

now, he's still a legit prospect and someone who could become good. but, there's too much risk there to think of him as a 1st round prospect.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My question is "Can he read defenses?" it looked to me in that video that most all his throws were to his primary target or otherwise he took off running. I saw very few plays where he surveyed the field.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Fun quarterback to watch but he is small and plays in the spread. Seond rounder at the earliest.

He's listed at 6'2" which means he's probably close to 6'2 than 6'1. If he's a legit 6'2 or 6'1" and 11 inches then I don't think his size is the issue. If Tim Tebow was a 1st rounder and take into consideration that Ponder and Locker were taken in the first 15 picks I can see no scenario which he falls out of the 1st round. I mean Andy Dalton fell but Dalton doesn't have the measurables that RGIII does. I think some team will look at his gun and his speed and be willing to take a chance on him.

If the Rams pick before the Dolphins, Colts, or Seahawks I can see the Browns trading up with them to get a QB if they really like the QB. If you remember the Browns did try and trade up for Bradford.

For me:
1. Luck- Obviously
2. Jones: I prefer his quick release and arm
3. Barkley: I think he is a better version of Colt McCoy/Brady Quinn/Charlie Frye. Honestly I am sick of soft throwing QBs who can't stretch the field. I've watched a few USC games and he does seem more accurate than Jones but in the few games I watched he didn't seem like he was stretching the field. I'm not saying I want Jamarcus Russell, I just want a guy who can throw an out, slant pattern, and a 20 yard rope.

Undecided on:
1. RGIII: Spread QB but so was Cam Newton
2. Tannehill: Seems like a project...but so did Cam Newton

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If he's a legit 6'2 or 6'1" and 11 inches then I don't think his size is the issue.

I'm not sure if I want you to clarify this or not...

did you mean 6'2" or 6'1 7/8" ?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Barkley: I think he is a better version of Colt McCoy/Brady Quinn/Charlie Frye. Honestly I am sick of soft throwing QBs who can't stretch the field. I've watched a few USC games and he does seem more accurate than Jones but in the few games I watched he didn't seem like he was stretching the field. I'm not saying I want Jamarcus Russell, I just want a guy who can throw an out, slant pattern, and a 20 yard rope.

They run pretty much the same offense we run now.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Last person with those kind of measurables was john holmes.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would be shocked if Griffin is over 6'1". He could even be under 6'0".

I'm far from sold on him. He doesn't have a very impressive arm, he doesn't make many reads, and he throws a ton of short passes.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
He doesn't have a very impressive arm.

Why do people have such a tough time judging arm strength? I hear craziness all the time as it relates to QBs and how hard/fast they throw the football. Even with top guys I hear mixed opinions.

What am I missing?!? It's easy to see

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It puzzles me as much as you.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Link to that TCU game highligts turn off the volume tho cause it has some Russian dude scouting him for some odd reason

I find it interesting that at the 1:32 mark we learn that play-action translates into Russian as "play-action"

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
I think people confuse velocity and regular distance.

A great arm gets a ball quickly to some in a tight window.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Last person with those kind of measurables was john holmes.

Now that's funny. Yeah I meant what ClevSteve said. As I told him I'm in the middle of my 1L year at law school and it can cause sane and logical people to have moments of insanity and unlogical behavior.

Assuming that Jones, Barkley, and Luck are gone before the Browns pick and it appears that the Browns are not going to resign Hillis would you take Trent Richardson over Blackmon or Jeffery? I would probably take Blackmon over Richardson but Jeffery and Richardson would be close. Or if the three QBs and Blackmon are gone would you take the Defensive BPA even if the clear need is on offense? I am strong proponent of BPA period whether offense or defense.

Basically I'm asking in what scenario would you take Richardson if one exists. Put simply if he's BPA you take him cause with the Hillis drama and the Hardesty injury problem it is clear the Browns need a RB. In that respect I am hoping that the Oregon RB L. James would fall to us in the 3rd of 4th but I think that's a pipedream.

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would take Richardson. I am usually vehemently opposed to taking running backs high, but Richardson is just that good. He's my No. 3 player in the draft and IMO the best running back prospect since AP. In a draft that has a ton of depth at WR, I take the better player in Richardson and look to address wideout later.

Legend
Legend
John Simon has been roaming around with his hand off the ground.

Kind of interesting.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Richardson is the #2 player in this draft. He may not go top 10 but he is the best RB since AP. The value on RB just isn't there and the value on QB will never be higher. I would probably take Tannehill over Trent Richardson but man it is a tough call. Would love to find a way to get both. 2 firsts and a low 2nd should come in real handy. They are my two favorite players in this draft along with Morris Claiborne.

Legend
Legend
Tannehill looks absurdly underwhelming. In fact, he has looked bad. Poor footwork, non-existent pocket presence, bad accuracy, not efficient at going through progressions.

How is this guy a first round prospect?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
QB's might go 1-2-3.

If the draft order is ..

1. Indianapolis
2. Miami
3. Seattle

It'll be Luck, Barkley, Jones, top 3 picks.

That sucks for us.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't get to see this one until espn replays it. I got the Wisconsin game boo. Anyway only one quarter of football has been played. Luck hasn't looked to hot in his game either.

just found it on espn alternate woo hoo.

Last edited by Mourgrym; 11/05/11 05:02 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe he sucks whenever I aint watching. find the game, 2nd play I see is Tannehill flushed from the pocket and a 30 yard strike to swope that goes for 79 yards.

First pass was a horrible throw off his back foot.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
30+ mph wind going might explain why both Jones and Tannehill haven't looked like their normal selves.

Legend
Legend
This QB class is not very good.

•Barkley is hit-and-miss. He has his great moments when he gets the ball out on time but he's protected much like Luck is. Difference is that they're protected in different ways. Barkley is told to get the ball out early with quick drops and quick reads to his receivers. It's a lot of short routes whether they're slants, quick screens, or flare routes to the outside. He has to get the ball out fast. I don't know how much he actually goes through his progressions, to be honest.

•Andrew Luck looks good because of the size of his recievers, his monster o-line and running game.

•Landry Jones concerns me because of the offense he plays in.

•RG3 does not have a great arm and has horrible footwork

•Tannehill ^ mentioned above

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

•Andrew Luck looks good because of the size of his recievers, his monster o-line and running game.

Among other things.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This will go down as one of the best ever quarterback classes.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

QB's might go 1-2-3.

If the draft order is ..

1. Indianapolis
2. Miami
3. Seattle

It'll be Luck, Barkley, Jones, top 3 picks.

That sucks for us.

Don't forget QB needy teams like DEN, SEA and WAS all possibly picking ahead of us and I see no way how a guy like Weeden drops out of the 1st round....nobody is going to risk a top10 pick on a 29yo rookie but we might be the team for him with our ATL pick....I really don't even see us getting Tannehill without an uptrade....there could easily be 4 QBs in the top 10 this year, esp. with the new CBA in place teams will gamble more

Look at QB needy teams and their records and it is very clear that it's a QB driven league

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I've got 8 teams possibly looking at QB.
Mia, Indy, Sea, Cle, Ari, Wash, Dal, Den

Miami's owner said he wants a franchise QB. End of story.
All of the other teams are waiting to see how their QB turns it on, or in Indy's case, gets healthy.

Arizona however has 60 million reasons to stick with Kolb.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I've got 8 teams possibly looking at QB.
Mia, Indy, Sea, Cle, Ari, Wash, Dal, Den

Miami's owner said he wants a franchise QB. End of story.
All of the other teams are waiting to see how their QB turns it on, or in Indy's case, gets healthy.

Arizona however has 60 million reasons to stick with Kolb.

Get Dallas outta there...No way Jones gives up on his boy-toy...

We have a problem...Of the 9 teams ahead of us...5 would definitely go QB...And Indy and Zona are questions...After Luck goes it's all wide open on the next 2...And those next 2 DO NOT include Tannehill and Weeden...I don't know WTH you're lookin' at but SCRATCH those 2 right now...

Many may not like it but it is time to start lookin' at this draft positioning...If we end up at 10 we're SCREWED...As far as QB's go...Our BEST shot at any of the 3 top QB's is to PRAY that Carolina and St. Loius keep losing...And would take a trade down...

Our best shot at the BEST QB in this draft is to have the Rams and Carolina continue suckin' it up...Miami is probably the team that ends up with Luck...By far they have the toughest division around em'...They'll pull one outta their ass and end up 1-15...

We gotta have the Rams and/or Carolina end up 2 and/or 3 if we want a QB...If not we have no chance at moving up...

Go Browns!!!
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
If I'm Indy's GM I pick Luck, period. Let him hold a clipboard like Rogers in GB. That team knows better than any other the value of a franchise QB.

Thomas - The Tank Engine
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If I'm Indy's GM I pick Luck, period. Let him hold a clipboard like Rogers in GB. That team knows better than any other the value of a franchise QB.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Colts would take him. If he is indeed the top prospect, why wouldn't they?

The Colts are one of the better drafting teams in the League imo.

But no team is sucking for Luck no more so then the fish.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Atlanta and the Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard