Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Further proof that Shurmer has lost the locker room

Tracy Boulian | The Plain DealerJosh Cribbs want to get back to being a dynamic player on all special teams.
OAKLAND, California -- Browns receiver said after the loss to Oakland that he wants to re-focus on special teams because his role on offense is insignificant.

Cribbs had five passes thrown his way and caught two passes for 30 yards, including a clutch 23-yard on a TD drive.

"I only got the ball twice,'' said Cribbs. "Snaps, it's insignificant. I want to help my team win. You get the ball to your athletes. And I feel like I can really help the team on special teams. Not taking anything away from anybody. I feel like if I want to give my all to this team, I can do that more on special teams.''

Cribbs said he'd like to get back to covering kicks and punts and help prevent touchdowns on kickoff returns like the one the Raiders had.

"My role on offense when I weigh it to special teams, it's very insignificant on offense,'' he said. "So I need to re-focus more on special teams and not worry about trying to get the ball on offense and this, this and that. I need to let them do (offense) and get back on special teams. That's how I got into the league.

"I've been playing special teams for years now and now that I'm not on it, I'm not being used to the point where I can really help this football team. I feel like I'm a dynamic special teams player and I want to re-focus back on making tackles, helping the guys out, doing my part.''

He said he'll tell the coaches that's what he wants to do.

"The limited role (on offense) I want our team to win,'' he said. "Greg (Little) has been going good, he's stepped up a lot. We have capable receivers. My two catches aren't significant enough.''

He added, "I'm on punt return, kick return and offense and I feel like the most important thing on this team is special teams, not offense or defense. You run a kickoff back, your offense ain't out there, your defense ain't out there. You scored the touchdown without either one of them out there.''

He said he could rally the guys or make a stop if he was on coverage teams again.

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
I am so glad to see that Cribbs wants to help the team every possible way he can.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O

That isn't proof at all that the HC has lost the locker-room. Not one bit.

Setting that aside, I've got some SERIOUSLY mixed feelings about those comments.....

1) I 150% agree with him! Been saying it for years. We've taken him away from what he does best in the league to what he does at a decidedly inferior level compared to the rest of the league.

2) He's WAY out of line for saying such a thing to the media. He should shut his yap, play where he's told and when he's told, and not try to tell the public, the media, his teammates, or his coaches where and how he plays.

Since we're on that note, I noticed that Cribbs tried to get too fancy a couple of times today and didn't help his team. I think Josh Cribbs may be drinking a little too much Josh Cribbs cool-aid.

This was not a good idea by Cribbs......

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Sure its proof that he has lost the locker room....at the start of the season Cribbs went on and on about how he was going to do this and that on O, and now he is saying this role is insignificant. and read between the lines here guys.....Hillis pretty much called out Shurmer in past interviews, now Cribbs is as well.

Shurmer is a failure at HC!

#brownsgoodkarma
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
If it tells me anything it's that Cribbs is hiding his whining behind the excuse of wanting to help his team win. *shrug*

It's as though what he's really saying is: "Since you won't throw me the ball on offense, let me go back to being the primary guy on special teams."

It's entirely possible I'm not seeing all the story here. I didn't see the interview, so maybe he meant it a different way. The context may have been such that he just wants to help the team win. Problem is that in print and in this format it doesn't read that way. If he didn't mean it the way it's reading, he should know better than to open his mouth anyway. It only leads to trouble.

This isn't the first time Cribbs has opened his mouth to the media when he shouldn't have.

Hillis and Cribbs aren't established superstars. They aren't the guys that should be saying anything to the media...........

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
R
All Pro
All Pro
R
Um, Cribbs is pretty well established and is well respected by Football Heads bro. He get's mad respect by anyone within the NFL. Is he an established superstar WR? Nope. Is he a superstar Football Player, I would say yes.

I respect this guy, he gives 100% all the time. How anyone could say he is a cry baby is beyond me. The guy gives it up for this city and is the best thing that happened to the Browns since 1999.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:

If it tells me anything it's that Cribbs is hiding his whining behind the excuse of wanting to help his team win. *shrug*

It's as though what he's really saying is: "Since you won't throw me the ball on offense, let me go back to being the primary guy on special teams."

It's entirely possible I'm not seeing all the story here. I didn't see the interview, so maybe he meant it a different way. The context may have been such that he just wants to help the team win. Problem is that in print and in this format it doesn't read that way. If he didn't mean it the way it's reading, he should know better than to open his mouth anyway. It only leads to trouble.

This isn't the first time Cribbs has opened his mouth to the media when he shouldn't have.

Hillis and Cribbs aren't established superstars. They aren't the guys that should be saying anything to the media...........

Can you seriously sit there and say Cribbs as not established himself as one of the faces of the franchise? or Hillis for that matter? Both of these guys have huge fan support and are the faces of the franchise.

I see Cribbs' comments as a blatant attack at Shurmer, he said something to the extent that you have to get the ball to your play makers. I think he is speaking up for both himself and Hillis.

I will say this much, I have LOST ALL faith in Shurmer working out as Head Coach. He looks lost and scared on the sideline, and doesnt really seem to have the "It" factor you look for in a head coach.

Nice guy, sure it seems that way...but head coach? I think he is in WAAAAAY over his head.

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
Cribbs is established and well respected...as a ST guy.

I'm not sure he's necessarily well respected as a WR.

Yes, when he's on the field, the other team has to account for him. But it's because he's gimmicky.

He's not that kind of WR like Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson who just demands respect as a WR.

Everyone has been saying for quite some time that we have no number 1 WR on this team. I don't think people meant "well, besides Cribbs."

The guy works hard and does a lot of good things. But I haven't seen him turn into that "can't stop" WR.

JMHO

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Can you seriously sit there and say Cribbs as not established himself as one of the faces of the franchise? or Hillis for that matter? Both of these guys have huge fan support and are the faces of the franchise.

Does that make them better players?

I think you don't like Shurmur (no duh, right?). So, no matter what players say, you're going to take it as a shot at Shurmur.

Was he calling out the coach? Maybe. I don't think he should, just like I don't think any player should. That's a "behind closed doors" kind of thing.

Legend
Legend
I agree with the man.

there is no more wildcat.. he barely gets the ball thrown to him.. why was he taken off of special teams in the first place?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
I thought he was taken off some special teams to concentrate on being a WR?

And, how much more can he do on special teams? Is he saying he wants to be the gunner again?

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Does that make them better players?

I think you don't like Shurmur (no duh, right?). So, no matter what players say, you're going to take it as a shot at Shurmur.

Was he calling out the coach? Maybe. I don't think he should, just like I don't think any player should. That's a "behind closed doors" kind of thing.

No you are wrong I have tried to give Shurmer support but he is proving it each week that he doesnt have what it takes to be a HC in this leauge. Lets not get sidetracked, he has lost this locker room. You can hear it in their interviews, and see it in their play and on their faces during and after games.

He shouldnt be trying to call the plays and be head coach. He cant even come up with a decent game plan, let alone make the decision for the other 2/3's of this team.

Holmgren needs to either fire him, or move him to OC and take over the headset because this is going to fall on his shoulders one way or another! this was his hand picked guy and here we are 5 games into the season and he has lost his players.

#brownsgoodkarma
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Is Cribbs the face of the franchise? A special teamer IS the face of this franchise.

That doesn't make him a superstar who can dictate to the staff what he should and should not do.

Sometimes you guys are too close to Cleveland to see how things look to the rest of the country.

When a special-teams captain is the face of the franchise, the franchise is in a bad place. When players use the media to try and dictate where they should play, they are out of line. Cribbs not even being an established starter makes this look foolish.

Quote:

I will say this much, I have LOST ALL faith in Shurmer working out as Head Coach. He looks lost and scared on the sideline, and doesnt really seem to have the "It" factor you look for in a head coach.

Considering I've been questioning his offensive packages of receivers and rotations, as well as the offenses continued ineptitude with motion penalties and obviously not knowing the offense yet, I can't say you're way out of line questioning him right now.

Like him or not, this is his team and his responsibility. Having two guys in motion on two seperate plays in the same game is inexcusable....

All Pro
All Pro
I agree with Toad ( better? ) on this one.
Cribbs should be taking this up behind closed doors.
Do you want to ride the pine with Hillis too?
But I also agree Cribbs is a big part of the heart and soul of what this Cleveland team should be along with Hillis.
They ARE the face of this franchise. If you ask around the country. Most people will say Cribbs, Hillis, Colt, maybe Watson.
Who else is there? Holmgren.
These two guys are What the Cleveland Browns fans want the entire team to be like. O.K. at least I do.
IMO if it caught on. This team would be unstoppable.
Why Shurmur cannot or will not make it so is beyond me.
I sure hope there is a master plan.

Last edited by Woofurious; 10/16/11 10:12 PM.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Decidedly better man. But be careful agreeing with me. That makes you some kind of mentally deranged guy who can become exceedingly unpopular around these parts.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I agree with Toad ( better? ) on this one.
Cribbs should be taking this up behind closed doors.
Do you want to ride the pine with Hillis too?
But I also agree Cribbs is a big part of the heart and soul of what this Cleveland team should be along with Hillis.
They ARE the face of this franchise. If you ask around the country. Most people will say Cribbs, Hillis, Colt, maybe Watson.
Who else is there? Holmgren.
These two guys are What the Cleveland Browns fans want the entire team to be like. O.K. at least I do.
IMO if it caught on. This team would be unstoppable.
Why Shurmur cannot or will not make it so is beyond me.
I sure hope there is a master plan.

I agree that he should be as well, just like Hillis shouldnt of called out Shurmer when he said "Ask the coach"......Shurmer has lost this locker room.

#brownsgoodkarma
R
All Pro
All Pro
R
It only took 5 games to lose the locker room. Boy shouldn't we all be excited to watch 11
More weeks of this garbage?

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:

It only took 5 games to lose the locker room. Boy shouldn't we all be excited to watch 11
More weeks of this garbage?

Yeah as much as it pains me to say this Shurmer isnt what we need at HC! I had hight hopes for him as well as McCoy....both are looking to be in waaaay over their heads.

I really wanted both to do well and take us to that next level. Come April I would sure like to see us do whatever it takes to get Mr. Luck!

#brownsgoodkarma
L
2nd String
2nd String
L
If the season is a complete disaster I wouldn't be surprised if Holmgren took over as coach and traded to draft Luck.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Let me say this real quick ... for those of you who know me when I post I try to be rational and I'm not just acting like a contrarian.

Do we REALLY think Shurmur has lost this team and they mailed it in?

Honestly I don't know. BUT ... when I saw them fighting until the end and despite the lack of "clean play" ... we were still able to come within 30 seconds of sending it to OT.

I have no idea what's up with Hillis.

Cribbs knows he might only have another few years left in the league (Kick Returners don't last long in this league) so whether he was prompted or whether he really is upset I have no idea.

BUT ... if we come out next week and win by 40 at Seattle do we really think that the team is lost? Or do we think it could just be frustration after preparing 2 weeks, being without Haden, seeing Mack tough it out after an apendectomy, let a return get sprung for a TD, let a fake field goal go by for a TD and almost be out of it.

THEN ... when we recover the onside and suddenly the game is within reach - we just don't finish.

We KNOW we are a team who is young, going to make mistakes, going to have growing pains, and we won't win more than 7 or 8 games.

That's what we thought coming IN to the season.

We are in the same boat as Dallas and the Jets - have a better record than and also another dozen teams.

Yes we DO have questions ... those include at the QB, the RB, the play of some rookies, and a lot of other things as well. but we also know that we should have expected this.

I suppose my point isn't that I disagree with anyone's comments ... I just don't get how everyone **seems** to be going down with the ship already.

I saw minor improvements. I ALSO saw a lot of blown plays and some embarrassing play as well. BUT ... there were some improvements. There was also experience gained.

We can't control is Colt is our franchise QB a year from now ... or if this is the top of his career. BUT ... I think there is still a lot of hope left for the team and while there is frustration with both the team AND with the fans ... I still see progress and growth ahead.

"Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things."

@pstu24
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

And, how much more can he do on special teams? Is he saying he wants to be the gunner again?

Considering comments about making tackles and preventing the other team from returning TDs, I'd say yes. It's easy to forget that during the years when he was reeling off tons of yards in the return game he was also a leading special teams tackler.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Quote:

Considering comments about making tackles and preventing the other team from returning TDs, I'd say yes. It's easy to forget that during the years when he was reeling off tons of yards in the return game he was also a leading special teams tackler.

Yes, that's exactly what he's saying, and I couldn't agree with him more!

I just don't like the way he elected to state his opinion......

R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

Yes, that's exactly what he's saying, and I couldn't agree with him more!

I just don't like the way he elected to state his opinion......

He stated it this way because the locker room is in shambles at the moment.

I believe they are also on the way to losing confidence in their QB. The WR body language is atrocious. Even on MoMass's TD you could tell he just wanted to get the hell out of there. He's a bit of a pouter and that's on him, but imagine the frustration running routes, getting open, and not having a QB that sees you or doesn't even look for you and if he does, can't deliver the ball to you. Cribbs statement was an indictment on McCoy, IMO.

But I think the locker room is close to imploding. That's on Shurmur. He better figure out how to get it under control and quickly. The absolute worst part of this is the exact opposite of what is happening in SF, there is going to be ZERO buy in to Shurmur and his system the longer this continues.

We are alienating our best players. Welcome to Browns football!!!

I'll be honest with you, if Hillis is traded this week, I may have to take a break from Browns football for awhile. I've never ever done that, but I just might have to take a few weeks off.

T
Legend
Legend
T
If Cribbs wants to rush the passer, let him rush the passer.

If Cribbs wants to make tackles on kick coverage, He can, he's done it before.

Last year he didn't look as quick playing injured but he looks back to old form.

If he wants to play every snap all day long, I think he's just the guy for it.
He seems to excel at just about everything except offensive line, or nose tackle.
I think he's the third best Qb on the roster, I think he's good enough to take many snaps at tailback.

Shoot! If he wants to kick field goals?

Let him kick an extra point, leave the field goals to Dawson.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Agreed #1:

Dude was always one of the first at the point of reception on kickoffs. Often, he'd make the stick-tackle to seal the opposing team in a "deep & long" scenario. Atop that, how many times did we see Josh either bat a kickoff back into the field of play, or down a kick inside the 5 yard line? I've lost count over the years.

Agreed #2:

The media is NOT the place to air such grievances. Such statements will only fuel a circus the likes of which we just saw die down with the Hillis-spin articles of just 2 weeks ago. Jus how many of these 'distractions' is our young team supposed to weather, until the "stupidcrap" becomes the only thing Our Team is known for... once again?

Yet again?
As in... every freakkin' year since we were ripped from Cleveland, and became The Baltimore Carrion-Eaters?

I'll chalk this one up to Mr. Cribbs being a young man... as viewed by a Middle-Aged Man.... but at some point, these young'uns simply MUST understand something that I realized early on in my career as a public performer:

The gig ain't over until you're in your own car, and at least 10 blocks away from the concert site. Until then- you're still in the public eye.... and anything you say (or do) is fair game for The Public.

This team has enough hurdles to clear without manufacturing new ones for themselves. I've loved Josh since the day he made this team as an UDFA, and have pulled for him more than most, being a MAC guy... but on this one, I really, REALLY wish he'd consulted with me first- before airing his unhappiness into a microphone. My old azz would have steered him in a totally different direction, yo.

Peyton Hillis and Josh Cribbs have set themselve up as team leaders because of their heart, dedication and excellence at the nuts & bolts of theire profession. They both must now understand the nuances of leadership when it comes to the art of "handling the media." They simply can't spout things to the likes of Grossi, Mary Kay, and the rest of the mediacorps the way they'd talk to their team mates in the locker room. No good can come from total honesty, in today's world. It's an unfortunate reality, but it's reality nonetheless.

If you make yourself into the "face of the the franchise," you must also accept the responsibilities that come with that honor.

Maybe it's as simple as the advice My Momz always dropped on me, whenever I was leaving the house with my friends, back in my youth: "While you're out there in public- remember your last name." That advice has kept me from making a fool of myself (and the family name, and the Jr Hi/HS/College/Company/Arts Intitution9s) I've represented) for over 40 years.

Well... with only a few exceptions.... when I was a Young Man....

Just sayin'...

"too many notes, not enough music-"
R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm going to play devil's advocate a little here.

Cribbs is really the heart and soul of this team. He plays his arse off every single minute he's on the field. He embraces whatever role is asked of him, and he does that because he wants to win extremely bad. Every year he's sold a bill of goods - just like us fans - and probably gets his hopes up that the team has a chance to be really good. And every year he's let down. And every year he's out in the community embracing the town.

He's human. He's working hard. He's going to get frustrated. Was it the most constructive way to handle things? No, of course not. But he's bought some leeway with me as he should with all the fans.

Cribbs is the least of our worries. I actually felt quite bad for him today. I was wishing at one point that I hope he gets to play for a winner someday.

Legend
Legend
Rish:

Don't get me wrong here... I love Josh as much (or more than) most posters here. And I totally understand what frustration he might be feeling- especially after a painful loss like today's. Bottom line: I totally get your sentiments, and your backing of young Mr. Cribbs. I feel for him in much the same way as you.

All I was really alluding to was this:

Josh is a team leader... and many of the rooks/younger guys will take their cues from him. If they see him publically questioning the choices made by the coaching staff. FO, it's only a matter of time before the youngling dtart to follow suit.

I agree that he's earned his leeway..... but the media will never see it like you and I- and the stories they print will eventually make their way into the locker room.

THIS is what I was referring to, in terms of Josh's role as a team leader.

Now, look- I don't believe that Coach Shu has yet lost the locker room, as some other Dawgs believe.... but I will say this much: reading quoted remarks from frustrated Team Captains ain't helping him to keep his team....

I'm with you on my sentiments regarding Josh. He's given too much to this team just be written off by us fans... but he really DOES have to be more savvy, when a mic's stuck in his face. I love his passion and candor- always have, always will- but a lot of folks won't see it that way.... and that "public perception" can jack a team's profile up. That's all I was really saying.

There's always a difference between "who we really are" and "how we're seen." When we work jobs that depend upon public perception, the game becomes more that what we produce on the field (or stage, or at a public event, when we're on the dais). Josh needs to understand this.

Dawg- I wish I was personal friends with My Brownies. I'd get the inside scoop, treasure it, and NEVER leak a morsel to the media!

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Peyton Hillis and Josh Cribbs have set themselve up as team leaders because of their heart, dedication and excellence at the nuts & bolts of theire profession. They both must now understand the nuances of leadership when it comes to the art of "handling the media."

Completely agree.

The difference between the two is that this is Peyton's first year in the limelight, so I can expect a stumble or two when he's suddenly surrounded by people with mic's who want his opinion. Cribbs, on the other hand, has been through this before with the ugly contract stuff. I'd expect him to kinda know better at this point.

As previously noted, it's entirely possible he meant something other than what came out of his mouth. In either case, he better do some damage control really quickly because, as you'd noted, this isn't something leaders do....

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

I am so glad to see that Cribbs wants to help the team every possible way he can.

Whining to the media HURTS the team.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

No you are wrong I have tried to give Shurmer support

I honestly thought from your first couple of posts that you were joking and just giving Toad a good poke when he came back at you. I was thinking back to the old Mangini threads where people gave up on him before giving him a chance to build anything.

But, if you are jokinng, then please let us in. Or perhaps it's funnier for you this way?

I mean, saying you gave Shurmur a whole 5 games? 1st time HC w/ an inexperienced QB, lack of offensive playmakers and an over-achieving (IMO) defense. Not to mention the no-offseason, switching schemes on offense/defense, etc.

Yes, we are all disappointed with how this season is playing out. But, it's not reason to give up on a coach. Let's see how he gets the team to rally and see what we can do these next few weeks. He does seem to have Colt playing better as the season has progressed (still baby steps, but he's moving forward).

And, to think that this statement is the one that proves anything is laughable. It could very well be that Shurmur told Cribbs that he's going back to STs and Cribbs decided to go to the media with it as if it's his idea (he has been a bit egotistical - usually in a good way, but I could see him doing something like that too).

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I don't think he's complaining... I think he's saying "I've stopped doing these things that I do as well as or better than anybody in the NFL to try to improve my abilities as a receiver. It's not making the impact that we all (Cribbs and coaches) expected. I think it's time for me to go back to what I do best."

And I'm in full agreement.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I don't think he's complaining... I think he's saying "I've stopped doing these things that I do as well as or better than anybody in the NFL to try to improve my abilities as a receiver. It's not making the impact that we all (Cribbs and coaches) expected. I think it's time for me to go back to what I do best."

And I'm in full agreement.

And I don't disagree with him but he did it in the wrong order.. first you go to the coach and THEN you bring it up to the media.. I'm sure he realizes a couple things..

Our offense can be just as stagnant without him as it is with him...

We got hurt bad on special teams today...

Hester has returned 4 kicks for touchdowns in the last few weeks since they allowed him to refocus on kick returning and less on receiving...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I think the Hester factor is big here. Cribbs see Hester adding to his totals and impacting his teams games. He misses that.

There was a decent debate between Cribbs and Hester......not anymore. Hester 100%. He's crazy.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
I think what we are hearing is that Cribbs just saw his team get beat on a special teams play, a play where he was not in, a play where he is the best on the team and one of the very best in the whole league, and he feels that his not being there may have cost the team a win.

All this when the reason for him not being there, playing WR, is not producing very much, maybe because he just isn't a very good WR.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think what we are hearing is that Cribbs just saw his team get beat on a special teams play, a play where he was not in, a play where he is the best on the team and one of the very best in the whole league, and he feels that his not being there may have cost the team a win.

All this when the reason for him not being there, playing WR, is not producing very much, maybe because he just isn't a very good WR.

yeah, this one.

Legend
Legend
Hester's big game came after the interview.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
J/K

Josh is no longer a threat on special teams, he's average,

Josh got his new contract so I guess we FANS should be happy...

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree...the locker room is divided IMO.

This team is fractured. You have a mismash of players spouting off (some of our better ones at that) and the team playing like a Pop Warner team with nobody really knowing what their role is or what to do.

Shurmer is in way over his head.

I don't know if Holmgren regrets letting Mangini go, but I'd bet he isn't feeling all that good about his choice as a replacement.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Hester's big game came after the interview.

Last night's game, yes. But Hester has been playing well all season on ST. He broke Metcalf's punt record last week. I'm sure Cribbs saw that one.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

J/K

Josh is no longer a threat on special teams, he's average,

Josh got his new contract so I guess we FANS should be happy...

If Josh Cribbs isn't making big plays, we're not scoring at all this year.

Code:
CIN TD1:	M.Nugent kicks 73 yards from CIN 35 to CLV -8. J.Cribbs to CLV 43 for 51 yards (B.Leonard).
CIN TD2: None
CIN FG : 4th and 6 at CIN 14K.Huber punts 60 yards to CLV 26, Center-C.Harris. J.Cribbs ran ob at CLV 47 for 21 yards (G.Wilson).
3rd and 3 at CIN 3C.McCoy pass incomplete short right to J.Cribbs (N.Clements).

IND TD1: P.McAfee kicks 72 yards from IND 35 to CLV -7. J.Cribbs pushed ob at CLV 45 for 52 yards (P.McAfee).
IND TD2: 3rd and 8 at CLE 39(Shotgun) C.McCoy pass short left to J.Cribbs to IND 36 for 25 yards (J.Tryon).
IND FG1: None (CLE took possession on IND 21 after INT)
IND TD3: 4th and 10 at IND 13P.McAfee punts 58 yards to CLV 29, Center-J.Snow. J.Cribbs to IND 28 for 43 yards (J.Hughes; J.Tryon).
IND FG2: None (CLE took possession on IND 14 after FUM)

MIA TD1: 1st and 10 at MIA 33C.McCoy pass deep right to J.Cribbs for 33 yards, TOUCHDOWN. roll out pass
MIA FG : 1st and 10 at CLE 20C.McCoy pass short left to J.Cribbs to CLV 32 for 12 yards (N.Carroll).
MIA TD2: None

TEN FG1: 4th and 7 at TEN 5B.Kern punts 64 yards to CLV 31, Center-K.Amato. J.Cribbs to CLV 47 for 16 yards (T.Shaw; T.Campbell).
3rd and 6 at TEN 24J.Cribbs sacked at TEN 31 for -7 yards (K.Klug). Cribbs took pitchout from right side
TEN FG2: R.Bironas kicks 69 yards from TEN 35 to CLV -4. J.Cribbs to CLV 23 for 27 yards (P.Bailey).
TEN TD : 2nd and 3 at CLE 49(Shotgun) C.McCoy pass short right to J.Cribbs to TEN 35 for 16 yards (J.McCourty).

OAK TD1: 3rd and 6 at OAK 42(Shotgun) C.McCoy pass short left to J.Cribbs to OAK 19 for 23 yards (M.Giordano).
OAK FG : 4th and 10 at OAK 14S.Lechler punts 59 yards to CLV 27, Center-J.Condo. J.Cribbs to OAK 42 for 31 yards (Q.Groves).
OAK TD2: None

Of our 10 TDs, 3 of them have featured punt or kick returns of over 40 yards by Cribbs. Another TD was a >30 yard catch by him. Three other TD drives he had catches of 25, 16, 23 yards for first downs. Two of those were on third down. Seven of our ten TDs this year were heavily impacted by Cribbs' contributions, three from returns.

Of our 7 FGs, three had punt returns by Cribbs of 21, 16, and 31 yards. One featured a 12 yard catch for a first down. 2 other possessions started in the red zone against Indy due to turnovers, so a FG could be considered a failure. Three of our five FGs which were the result of drives and not turnovers had significant punt returns by Cribbs.

Six of our seventeen scores were heavily impacted by Cribbs' returns. Four others featured big catches from him. Josh Cribbs is earning his paycheck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cribbs is feeling insignificant...

Link Copied to Clipboard