Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
1. He's up there...deep...no kidding..when he responds to my posts, it's 10% about the discussion at hand, he's basically just barking at me, lol

2. I'm very sorry kid I didn't respond to your PM 2 years ago...we good now? ....I know you like me and I read your posts too and you know your stuff, esp considering your age....that said, please cut back your hate love, it's not as annoying as DC's, TopD's or arch's but still....you could do better

3. To all of you who now feel offended: just please save this board, yourselves and me a lot of time and put me on ignore if you can't stand me, because frankly this is what your posts on me are all about anyway (and we both know that)...so talk football, quote me, debate me but please just stop putting words in my mouth without quotes...this is tiring the hell out of me

At least I'm blunt about it....I'm here to talk football, cause I'm a Browns and NFL nerd, not to discuss he said-she said semantics psycho BS because we can't just go at it...let's all be honest here...vent, rant, maybe we're all better after...throw hate PMs at me...whatever it takes, let's just not clutter discussion with this internet hate BS...I'm sure we would all be getting along much better if we met in person...I'm usually described as a likeable @%&hole

Back to topic

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

In fairness, that was 2010.

One thing that impresses me is that he graduated in 3 years with a double major ........ much like a Browns QB of legend did. (One that I went to High School with)

It was the Bowl game from 2010, not even a full year ago...

I don't see why that matters?

Because he has played a whole season (and improved) since then.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Legend
Legend
A

People DO quote you, and you ignore it. It's funny. Why would I put a comedian with no clue on ignore?

As a matter of fact, here's your post content after Thursday nights game: Colt sucked again, the O line played good.

Legend
Legend
I understand that, hence why I wanted to watch some old stuff to see how well he's improved...

Just the way it was said made it seem like watching anything prior to this year is invalid or something...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
A
Legend
Legend
A
Oh, as far as qb's "sucking" - go look at the Lions Saints game.

Or, just watch the highlights.

Here's a brief synopsis for you:

Brees - 8:14 in the second quarter. Terrible, terrible throw to Meechum. Late, behind him, not in stride....Meechum basically sat down and waited for it. He did get a t.d. - but it was all Meechum after the 15 second throw.

25 seconds to go in the half. Terribly high pass. Brees got his guy smoked in the endzone.

Stafford - 2:15 in the 3rd. long pass - receiver literally stood and waited for it.

Same with a pass to burleson - another pass that took forever, and was off mark.

But Colt sucks, right?

Credibility. Some have it. Some don't. (posters)

Crap, in the one thread you "quote" me as saying something I didn't say. You proceed to rip on me.........then when I call you on it, you don't even have the common courtesy to say "oh, I didn't put "j/c", or "my bad for quoting the wrong person"............no, you just put "I'm agreeing with you".........even though your post pointed me out.

You know as much about football as my left 'nad........and it shows.

Yeah, there IS a reason people call you out.

Legend
Legend
So BECAUSE Good NFL QBs have bad throws, means Colt doesn't suck...?

....ok....

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Just for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

and I really agreed with you on what you said in the other thread, that's why I clicked on you as I backed what you said...Jesus, I agree with you and your still somehow painting me to be the antichrist...what I wrote was basically a continuation of what you wrtote, so everybody that can read could guess I wasn't "ripping" you...and technically I wasn't quoting you...I just clicked on ya, Jesus...I responded to the discussion not to you and I clicked on the last post I read on that discussion...it was clear as day

#gmstrong

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

So BECAUSE Good NFL QBs have bad throws, means Colt doesn't suck...?

....ok....

Not sure I said that. Did I?

What I DID insinuate is that ALL qb's have bad throws. What I didn't insinuate is that Colt is an all star.

Read into that a bit deeper - and you'll see that the 2 qb's I mentioned had receivers that held on to the ball. Hmmm, imagine that here in Cleveland. But no - other teams get passes for that little fact - in Cleveland, the O line is "good", the receivers are just fine but not elite, and the whole entire problem is our qb.

It gets old.

I guarantee, the next unlucky qb that plays here - be it next year or in 2 years, will be roasted by some jack wagons on here. There will be calls for a new qb less than halfway through that year (whatever year it is), calls for a new head coach, calls for a new front office.

Sorry folks - you're getting what you asked for. Start over every 2 years..........and.........you're starting over every 2 years.

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Wow I checked out this thread to see everyones opinion about the draft and some of you guys crapped all over it. To much of that going on anymore.

[Linked Image from netanimations.net]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Wow I checked out this thread to see everyones opinion about the draft and some of you guys crapped all over it. To much of that going on anymore.

When one person purports to know more than they do, and they try to cram it down everyone's throat........then get upset when people don't buy into it, well, you'll have that.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I sincerely apologize, I want this crap to stay out but I have a handful of rabid dawgs go all proctologist on me...I'll probably start with cold sholder treatment...works with dogs I heard

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
Anywhoo...

My Nightmare Scenario...

Colts - Luck
Rams - Blackmon
Team Trading Up - Barkley
Browns - .....Uhhhhhh.....

I could guess Claiborne... But I dunno...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Really too early in the process to guess but it's fun...it will be easier once the draft order is set and we don't even know for sure who and how many of the QBs enter the draft

Right now I just know that I'd take Luck anywhere and wouldn't draft L.Jones with a top 50 pick...and I would draft Weeden as ealy as late 1st with the ATL pick (our 2nd could be good too though)

The rest? Not sure yet....torn on Barkley...is he another Sanchez-Leinart? Not seen enough on RG 3, but he seems intriguing...Tannehill, I like his ceiling but he's VERY raw...maybe late 1st/early 2nd like Weeden but not a guy you can throw in day 1, needs to sit 1 full season MINIMUM

#gmstrong

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Quote:

Anywhoo...

My Nightmare Scenario...

Colts - Luck
Rams - Blackmon
Team Trading Up - Barkley
Browns - .....Uhhhhhh.....

I could guess Claiborne... But I dunno...

IMO it would have to be Trent Richardson, especially if we don't re-sign Hillis, Hardesty is to injury prone, B Jackson may or may not be back, and Obynnaya is what he is, avg.

Legend
Legend
Ohh I forgot about T-Rich...

I dunno about spending a top 5 pick on RB especially based on the offense we've been running...

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Matt Kalil and don't look back

Top talent at a primo position, put him at RT opposite Thomas and the line is set for the next ~7 years.

~Lyuokdea
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Plenty of good talent at the top

QB Luck
WR Blackmon
RB Richardson
CB Claiborn
OT Kalil

Those 5 seem to be consensus low risk, near can't miss prospects....whoever I want come draft day, we'd get a good player if we picked 1 of those...I'd probably be POed if we pick Richardson or Kalil but they'll be very good players

NExt tier seems to be a bit more risky but still as HIGH upside as tier 1

QB Barkley
QB Griffin
DE Coples
OT Martin
OT Reiff
G DeCastro
WR Floyd
OLB Z. Brown
WR Jeffery
CB Kirkpatrick

The 1st 3 I'd be ok with as our 1st pick, the rest I'd be pretty POed, some of them I don't even want late 1st (Jeffery, DeCastro...great player, but a G, no value, torn on Floyd: seems like the next diva WR)

Then your typical late 1st/high 2nd tier...still high upside but with ???s

I really like CB Dennard more and more with our late 1st, perfect fit: physical tackler, jam-CB, great recovery speed...perfect fit for us

Film review with player observations on OKL-OSU:

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/12/film-room-session-oklahoma-state-v-oklahoma/

#gmstrong

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This team needs playmakers and I dont care where they come from. It is hard to define what is a small school anyway. Louisiana-Lafayette? Ohio U? Marshall? Central Michigan? One year they are labeled small school and the next year a team that can really challenge. I dont consider any of those small schools but a lot people would.

I mean the way the scouts work these teams, your only small school unknowns are your D3 and Naia prospects and hell we had half a dozen NAIA in for tryouts this years including Armond Smith.

Manning not being happy about the prospects of Indy drafting a QB is the best thing that could have happened to us. I think it puts us in a really good position to sit and still get Barkley. Matt Moore continuing to shine really helps also. Andrew Luck being outplayed by both Griffin and Barkley over the last month is huge in our favor.

Definite going QB= Redskins, Browns
Maybe going QB= Miami
Maybe we should but we probably wont=KC, Arizona, Indy

Something else that really works in our favor is the lack of teams with RB as a top need as well. Detroit is the only team that appears to be RB needy besides us and thanks to Eric Wright there is no way they will consider taking a running back with their #1 pick. I think we could realistically sit tight on draft day and walk out of round 1 with Matt Barkley as well as Trent Richardson.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I did not give Sanchez nor Leinart a first round grade. Leinart would dump down to white or bush and they would run 75 yards and people were going wow what a quarterback!!!

Sanchez never did anything well. I still have no clue what anyone saw in him. i thought his feet were sloppy, and he had no accuracy. It is funny but he has already performed better in the NFL than he ever did in college and he is still bottom of the league.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I'm liking everything I read/youtube clips I see (don't get too many App St games on TV here) of Brian Quick WR. 6'5" 4.5 40 time. We can get a player like Richardsond with the first pick, DeCastro (my favorite player in the draft) with our 2nd, then get Quick in the 2nd I think it would go a long way to help improve our offense.

While I like Richardson, I don't see us using such a high draft pick on a RB. We'd be better off shoring up the OL first.

I absolutely love the idea of drafting DeCastro. If we were available with the Browns' second pick, I'd be completely flabbergasted.

Not sure about the idea of drafting Quick. To me, it seems a bit early to take him.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Something else that really works in our favor is the lack of teams with RB as a top need as well. Detroit is the only team that appears to be RB needy besides us and thanks to Eric Wright there is no way they will consider taking a running back with their #1 pick. I think we could realistically sit tight on draft day and walk out of round 1 with Matt Barkley as well as Trent Richardson.

Detroit has Best and draft Mikel Leshore last year...

What does EW have to do with drafting a RB???

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He has made corner a #1 priority for the Lions. After the ass chewing he received yesterday, I bet he wished he was back in Cleveland receiving hate mail.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

How about Blackmon with the 1st pick, and RG3 with the 2nd?

I'm not taking RG3 in the top 10, but in the 15-20s maybe... Dunno if he'll fall that far though...

I just REALLY want Justin Blackmon... I think him, Little, and Norwood would make a great 3 WR set going forward...

I'd love to have Blackmon, but I'm not convinced that Little should be on the starting list of WRs until such time as he learns how to hold onto the passes thrown to him. I don't care about his athleticism. I don't expect him to be a deep threat. Little will never be that. I just want him to catch the passes that are on his hands. I expect that of all of the Browns' receivers.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Ugh.

RB, G and small school size/speed WR with top picks?

Ugh.

1st pick should be QB or DE...a value position, because it's tougher to draft those positions later

2nd pick we're more flexible then too....DE (if QB 1st) or CB, WR, even RT could have value there....maybe your G drops (they always do and I would still not draft him because of it and because I think we're pretty fine with Steiny, Pinky, Lauvao and Greco)

3rd pick (high 2nd) BPA or Weeden if no QB in 1st

I might accept a RB, G or small schooler with the 2nd...barely...but all 3 top picks is low value (low risk picks, little impact)

Glad you're not the GM since you don't want to take players from smaller schools.

I'd be taking receivers like Johnny Knox all day long. Div. II Lone Star Conference. As fast as Mike Wallace with better hands.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Updated Draft standings after Week 13:

As far as QBs go I think Luck goes to the Colts and Barkley goes to the Redskins unless somebody trades up above them (Miami?) with StL, Minny or Jax. I want no part of Landry Jones at #7 which only leaves RG3 as an option but I don't think I'd want him there either.

Give me Justin Blackmon at #7 please.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Also FWIW, my early EARLY pre-bowl game Top 50 prospect rankings if any of you want to target some of these guys to watch in their respective bowls:

1. Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford
2. Matt Kalil - LT - USC
3. Trent Richardson - RB - Alabama
4. Quinton Coples - DE - North Carolina
5. Justin Blackmon - WR - Oklahoma St
6. Matt Barkley - QB - USC
7. Morris Claiborne - CB - LSU
8. Dre Kirkpatrick - CB - Alabama
9. Alshon Jeffery - WR - South Carolina
10. Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma
11. Jonathan Martin - LT - Stanford
12. Michael Floyd - WR - Notre Dame
13. Riley Reiff - LT - Iowa
14. Zach Brown - OLB - North Carolina
15. Courtney Upshaw - OLB - Alabama
16. Luke Kuechly - MLB - Boston College
17. Brandon Thompson - DT - Clemson
18. Vontaze Burfict - MLB - Arizona St
19. Alfonzo Dennard - CB - Nebraska
20. David DeCastro - OG - Stanford
21. Don'ta Hightower - MLB - Alabama
22. Lamar Miller - RB - Miami
23. Janoris Jenkins - CB - North Alabama
24. Devon Still - DT - Penn St
25. Robert Griffin - QB - Baylor
26. Jared Crick - DE - Nebraska
27. Manti Te'o - MLB - Notre Dame
28. Whitney Mercilus - DE - Illinois
29. Brandon Jenkins - OLB - Florida St
30. Mike Adams - RT - Ohio St
31. Juron Criner - WR - Arizona
32. Mark Barron - SS - Alabama
33. Melvin Ingram - DE - South Carolina
34. Dwayne Allen - TE - Clemson
35. Alameda Ta'amu - DT - Washington
36. Cordy Glenn - OG - Georgia
37. Chase Minnifield - CB - Virginia
38. Zebrie Sanders - LT - Florida St
39. Kelechi Osemele - OG - Iowa St
40. T.J. McDonald - FS - USC
41. Billy Winn - DE - Boise St
42. Kendall Wright - WR - Baylor
43. Ryan Tannehill - QB - Texas A&M
44. Jerel Worthy - DT - Michigan St
45. Dontari Poe - DT - Memphis
46. Levy Adcock - RT - Oklahoma St
47. Johnthan Banks - CB - Mississippi St
48. Nick Toon - WR - Wisconsin
49. Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
50. Jayron Hosley - CB - Virginia Tech

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
You may be right with 49 of them....but #18 is way too high. He's a big-hitting personal foul machine. Of the few games I've watched of him, it seems like he's always blocked off the play or takes the wrong angle...and when he gets to the ball carrier, he's late and leads with his head. I don't like anything about him. Ok...his name is kinda cool.

It is nice to know we'll be getting 2 of the top 20 on your list (give or take a few spots). Heck, 3 of the top 40'ish too.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Nice list, but Burfict shouldn't be above Hightower and Thompson and Criner are way too high on that list, both borderline Top 50 guys for me

Also, CB Gilmore needs to be in the Top 50

I'd be happy to go out of the 1st with DE Coples and CB Dennard and then draft WR K.Wright in the 2nd...we sure have many needs, I have 7 big needs: QB, WR, RT on O and DE, OLB, FS and CB on D...I'd like to fill them all through the draft but the upcoming draft won't be enough, it's gonna take another 1-2 drafts after that one

Looking at the talent level available and valuing the positions of need I would punt RT, OLB and FS (FS simply because of lack of talent available, it's a BIG need imho) to later rounds or next drafts...that leaves 4 needs and 3 picks...I'd love to have another Top 50 pick, maybe we trade our early 3rd and a 1 of our 2 4ths into a 2nd rounder

So, with QB, WR, DE and CB left....here are some scenarios to cover up all those 4 needs

Scenario 1:

1a DE Coples
1b CB Dennard
2a QB Weeden
2b WR D.Jones (trade up from 3rd, burning a 4th, maybe a 6th too)

Scenario 2 (Okl St special)

1a WR Blackmon
1b CB Dennard
2a QB Weeden
3 DE Ingram or Branch or V.Curry

Scenario 3:

1a QB Barkley
1b CB Dennard
2 WR Wright
3 DE Ingram or Branch or V.Curry

Scenario 4 (raw, upside special....too risky for me though)

1a DE Coples
1b QB Tannehill
2a WR Wright
2b CB Gilmore

Scenraio 5:

1a CB Claiborn
1b QB Tannehill
2a WR Wright
3 3 DE Ingram or Branch or V.Curry

Scenario 6 (Baylor special)

1a QB Griffin
1b CB Dennard
2 WR Wright
3 3 DE Ingram or Branch or V.Curry

There are multiple other scenarios with the players I like at those spots, so make your own mix:

1a WR Blackmon, QB Barkley, QB Griffin, CB Claiborn, DE Coples

1b CB Dennard, QB Tannehill (maybe CB Kirkpatrick drops, not a fan of many other options at those 4 positions...could be a good pick to trade out of for a future 1st or 2nd in an Ingram like deal)

2 WR Wright, QB Weeden, CB Minnifield, WR D.Jones, DE Ingram, QB Tannehill

2b or 3 DE Branch, DE Curry, DE Ingram, WR D.Jones, QB Weeden, CB Gilmore, CB Judie, QB L.Jones (I know he wont be there, but that's where I would start to think about him)

#gmstrong

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Why are you even considering Weeden?

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Why are you even considering Weeden?

I know, the guy will be in his mid 50's by the time we're ready to win something.

Maybe we should consider drafting a 3 year old?

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

jc...

As I posted in my thread (Is it too soon to give up on McCoy), the best thing Colt McCoy could do for his own job security, is to get hot and lead the Browns to at least 1 more win this season.

If the Browns do end up with a chance to land Barkley, it will put the Browns in a position where they could make a "mega trade" to one of the teams willing to break the bank to move up in the draft to get the second best QB in the draft.

What would you do if you were Holmgren and Heckert and you had a chance to make another "mega trade" that would go a long way toward helping the Browns rebuild the team via the draft?

If the Browns feel McCoy is their man, we could very well see the Browns pull off another trade, maybe as big as the Atlanta trade last season.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As I said before, trade the pick if you can get a ransom. This team has too many holes and if you can move down and get another first next year that is how we can quickly start being good.

The other part of that equation is we need to hit on our picks and get impact players.

If no one wants to trade you take Barkley. Hopefully worst case is either Barkley or McCoy emerge as a franchise QB for us and the other is a back up. Hopefully best case is we have two franchise QB's and we can trade one of them for picks.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
A guy that has a 50% INT chance on every 10yd out is not "his guy"....Holmgren isn't as blind as 80% of this board

and as for Weeden: he's a good QB I don't care how old he is, he'll be able to play through his rookie contract without needing a walker

Do you guys watch some CFB games? Did you see L.Jones and Weeden going head to head? Weeden vs Luck will be fun to watch

#gmstrong

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

Do you guys watch some CFB games? Did you see L.Jones and Weeden going head to head? Weeden vs Luck will be fun to watch

So was Leinhart vs Young and Dorsey vs Krenzel. What's your point?

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
S
Legend
Legend
S
Landry Jones has a cannon, but he seems like he could be another DA.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
My point is that it'll be fun to watch since they're 2 of the best Offenses and QBs in CFB

As for Jones-Weeden....again...Weeden is the better QB of the 2

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/12/film-room-session-oklahoma-state-v-oklahoma/

nfldraftscout dropped Landry from top 10 to 25th overall after this game alone...

Weeden also has the best comp% of the top QBs and 3rd in the nation with 72.6%, for a guy gunning ir around the field a lot that's impressive (Luck is at 70%, Barkley at 69% with lower YPA)

#gmstrong

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Best offense/QB in college doesn't = NFL success. Just stop, only digging yourself deeper.

Legend
Legend
I am also hesitant on drafting spread offense QBs in general.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I must have really hurt your feelings when I criticized your mock....2 Top 2 round QBs go at it at a Bowl game, every NFL scout will be watching...but yeah, I'm "digging myself deeper"...whatever that means

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I am also hesitant on drafting spread offense QBs in general.

Me too, but that's reality in CFB now...pro style QB prospects are becoming the exception

Weeden has some issues left....stepping into the pocket, footwork under pressure but he's a guy that you can play with confidence day 1 imho...his rookie year won't be pretty and INT filled I'd guess but it'd be worth it starting year 2....Luck and Barkley will look much better year 1 but Weeden would make up starting year 2

Griffin right now is the big mister X in the QB class, intriguing guy but I think his real height will be crucial for him

#gmstrong

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Atlanta and Draft Order Part III

Link Copied to Clipboard