Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I have been talking to him via facebook, and he said he would love to come back to Cleveland. My question is should we take a look at him, I think he would be a upgrade over the past-his-prime Shel"dont" Brown. Thoughts?

#brownsgoodkarma
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I have been talking to him via facebook, and he said he would love to come back to Cleveland. My question is should we take a look at him, I think he would be a upgrade over the past-his-prime Shel"dont" Brown. Thoughts?

he wouldn't beat out Dmitri Patterson or Skrine.

then again, I wouldn't think Sheldon would either if the coaches gave them a fair shot.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I think he could step right in and start.....Brown is terrible! Skrine makes rookie mistakes, B-Mac could help us get thru the rest of this season as I feel we should flat otu cut Brown...tired of see him out of position

#brownsgoodkarma
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Last night's game was the first that I have been able to see - and I saw what a lot on this board have been saying all season - Brown is virtually worthless. If Brandon would like to come back to Cleveland, he has to be an upgrade over Sheldon. Bring him in, even if for just the remaining games.

Legend
Legend
Never hurts to take a look and give someone a shot.

I'd love to have him back in Brown & Orange.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

L
2nd String
2nd String
L
Does everyone forget that McDonald couldn't tackle and blew coverage constantly?

Legend
Legend
I'd be happy to have him back, too. He's a very similar player to Patterson and he's done well in this defense.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So we want to replace a CB who can't cover or tackle with the CB who can't cover or tackle that he replaced?

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
Legend
Legend
Here's a real link to the story. I don't think that Facebook is a source that we are allowed to use.

http://blogs.detroitlions.com/2011/12/09/lions-sign-dt-jovan-haye-release-cb-brandon-mcdonald/

As far as bringing him back ...... he was a bad tackler, and was horribly inconsistent in coverage. I's stay with what we have at this point. No sense going backwards.

Lions sign DT Jovan Haye; release CB Brandon McDonald
Posted by ttwentyman on December 9, 2011 – 11:07 am

The Lions have signed defensive tackle Jovan Haye to help bolster a defensive line dealing with both injuries and suspensions.

The Lions released corner Brandon McDonald to make room for Haye on the 53-man roster. McDonald played in 11 games for the Lions this season.

Haye, most recently with the Titans in 2010, has played for the Panthers, Browns, Buccaneers and Titans over his seven-year career.

He was drafted by the Panthers in the sixth-round of the 2005 draft out of Vanderbilt.
From 2007-2009, he started 45 games for the Buccaneers and Titans. He had his best season in 2007 when he recorded six sacks with the Bucs.

He played in 14 games with the Titans last season with one start.

Haye signed a four-year, $16 million contract with Titans in 2009 but was waived in final cuts before this season began.

The Lions are thin along their defensive line, especially at defensive tackle. Ndamukong Suh is serving the final game of a two-game suspension against the Vikings on Sunday and rookie Nick Fairley aggravated a foot injury he’s been dealing with all season.

The X-rays were negative on Fairley’s foot but it’s unlikely he’ll play against the Vikings on Sunday.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
All Pro
All Pro
R
Quote:

Does everyone forget that McDonald couldn't tackle and blew coverage constantly?

This...

T
Legend
Legend
T
Brandon Macdonald is a corner I have confidence in.

I didn't know Sheldon Brown had a bad game last night. I remember Sheldon Brown being suspect to me in the first 2 games of the season Last year.

I'm starting to like Sheldon Brown, so maybe if everyone else is starting to be down on him, maybe I'm missing something.

Either way, I'm pretty sure Brown is a few years older than Macdonald.
It's not like I think it would or should be a choice between them.

Right now if Macdonald were to re join this team he'd probably be fighting Dockery or Skrine for 6th, 7th, and 8th defensive backs spot.

Though I don't know why this team puts Sheldon Brown in what appears to be 2nd Corner role.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

I'm starting to like Sheldon Brown, so maybe if everyone else is starting to be down on him, maybe I'm missing something.

I think you are.

B Mac is Sheldon Brown but younger - and he isn't going to get any better.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

My question is should we take a look at him

No.

3 more games with Sheldon Brown, hopefully the FO will do the right thing in the off-season and part ways with him then. I'd like them to get someone better; that's not now and never will be Brandon MacDonald.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Good lord NO to BMac. He's a wretched tackler who is below average at coverage. The Lions DB is the weakest part of their team and they just cut him...after we cut him to sign...Sheldon Brown.

No, what we need to do is just draft a legit #2 CB in the draft (think Chase Minnifield in the 2nd round) to pair with Haden next year. Then, since the safety class in this draft is so bad we could hopefully move Brown to FS to pair with TJ and get god-awful Usama Young off the field. It would also free up Adams to be a full-time corner.

Our defensive backfield could look something like:

CB1 : Joe Haden
CB2 : Chase Minnifield
CB3 : Dmitri Patterson
CB4 : Mike Adams
CB5 : Buster Skrine

FS : Sheldon Brown
SS : TJ Ward
backup FS : Usama Young
backup SS : Eric Hagg

All solved with 1 draft pick instead of 2 or 3.

Oh and did I mention NO to Brandon McDonald?!?

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Man Shelden looked lost on several plays last night. I counted at least 3 times where the ball was thrown in his direction and he had his back turned to the play, with nobody in front of him, almost as if he had absolutely no idea what was going on.

N
Legend
Legend
N
even when he was facing the play he would stand there and wait for the WR/RB to come to him

that's actually the reason he got that one fumble though. he was standing around and the ball popped out in front of him

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

So we want to replace a CB who can't cover or tackle with the CB who can't cover or tackle that he replaced?

And one who eas released by a team in need of a couple of CB's.

I have seen a couple of Lions games this year and I came away thinking that I am glad that we no longer have Wright and McDonald. They don't belong in this League imo.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Quote:

if you want to improve beyond average, at some point, you have to stop looking at average players. if Bmac isn't an upgrade that will last,, fergetaboutit.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
BMac: I think many fans liked him because we drafted him. He had some good plays, made a few picks, and had something of a quick start when he was with us. After that... a severe dropoff. Reached his ceiling early- and was sent along.

He'd be of no real help at 76 Berea because we already have players who equal him, and are younger. Any plays given to BMac are chances lost to players who are currently on the roster... and the FO needs to see what they can do.

I pulled hard for BMac (...and E.Wright) when they were here.... but that ship has sailed.

Cut Sheldon "Makes Fans Frown" Brown, draft another Haden.... and move on.

Brandon had his chance... more than once.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
j/k

Really bring him back, he wasnt worth keeping the first time, whats changed the second time.

This kind of thinking and player evaluation has kept us in the bottom of the NFL the last 10 years.

The guy couldnt cover or tackle last time he was here, what after 5 years bounceing from team to team, he finally figured he better open his arms and maybe wrap someone up....Let him walk away

Legend
Legend
Agree Clem...

Now, if you told me we could get eric Wright back, that I'd be interested in. He's a guy that could be really good in the right system. The Browns tried to retain him, but I guess he felt it was better to move on...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Take him over Brown. Tired of all the falling down we do in the secondary. Our chase and reach tyackling is exasperating. I could see a spot for him. Tubby Dawg, are you a celebrity? Got connections!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Take him over Brown. Tired of all the falling down we do in the secondary. Our chase and reach tyackling is exasperating. I could see a spot for him. Tubby Dawg, are you a celebrity? Got connections!

LOL I am very far from celebrity man, but I do talk to him from time to time on facebook chat. he is pretty humble and down to earth. I do think he would be a upgrade over ShelDONT Brown. And has more experience than the rest of our CB's, and to be honest think him and Haden would be a good pair, at least til the draft time.

#brownsgoodkarma
D
Legend
Legend
D
I just wonder why people think Sheldon Brown would be a good FS? Not particularly good in coverage, hasn't exhibited any ballhawking skills, and recent well-documented problems tackling. I could possibly see him at SS, but not over Ward. Right now, I think Dmitri Patterson might be our best option at #2 CB. As for MacDonald, the only thing I did like about him was he seemed to have a knack for being around the ball. Too bad he tackled like my sister.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I remember Mcd's first game here . He was a mad man. I was wondering where he came from. Then I wondered what happened to him.

Joe Thomas #73
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Quote:

Sheldon" Downtown" brown gets torched by everyone and his backups are not much better. yes he would be an upgrade but he won't be asked. Sheldon would not start for any other team and would not even make other teams in our divisions rosters.
McDonald was a Mangini whipping boy and brown is somebody's pet. The fact he is staring is indication how BAD the subs are or how stubborn the coaching is to any change that is needed. the only change that is needed is at HC.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Every freakin' post.....every single one from you in every single thread ends with firing Shurmur or Holmgren. Regardless of the validity of the opinion, it's on the threshold of criminally insane.

The Colt McCoy thread....the Josh Cribbs thread....now of all freakin' threads, the Brandon McDonald thread.....Jesus, give it a rest.

I swear I saw you today....you were in front of Taco Bell yelling at nobody in-particular while staring at the sky. You had a stained coat, a long white beard, and you were carrying a sign that read "THE END IS NEAR!!!"

Actually, out of morbid curiosity, I had to go back just to see how many different threads you polluted for no other reason than to blast Shurmur. This was a very fascinating case-study in what could be obsessive-compulsive insanity:

The "Jeff Garcia headed back to the NFL" thread:
Quote:

That was some sage evaluation By Holmgren to saddle mangini with jake and senecaca. and watch the flop sweat on those two "sage" veterans and a kid have the most pocket presense...yet this coach wil vote to dump McCoy. he doesn't even LOOK at him in games except maybe to Grimace, he lies to the press saying McCoy can audible....don't get me started.

The "Brandon MacDonald released" thread:
Quote:

The fact he is staring is indication how BAD the subs are or how stubborn the coaching is to any change that is needed. the only change that is needed is at HC.

The "Cribbs fed-up with losing" thread:
Quote:

Then Shurmer turned back into a Pumpkin of predictability and the offense never gave the defense a blow and McCoy was getting killed as the Steelers sacked and harassed McCoy and the empty backfield. And Oh McCoy can't call audibles either.

The absolute Cherry was sending McCoy back into the game after taking a devastating dirty hit. Shurmer needs FIRED and year TWO of Holmgren is WORSE than Year One.

The "Our RB situation" thread:
Quote:

I evaluate Shurmer as MUCH WORSE than Mangini. he has NO FAITH in his QB to audible, he BLAMES his players for his poor play calling . Should anyone DARE to question him(Cribbs, Hillis, McCoy) I think all three are gone. Nice Hire Mike.

The "Is it too soon to give up on McCoy Part TWO" thread:
Quote:

with a brain dead coach, a front office that CHOSE to sit on their hands in free agency and make delusional comments about the readiness of the wr corp, the oline, and no need to keep a top blocking FB or depend on an oft injured RB as a key guy..how did all that work out?
I reevaluate both Holmgren and his idiot hire.

The "McCoy's father claims he remembers nothing after the hit" thread:
Quote:

I am all for firing this inept coach.

The "Our history in hindsight" thread:
Quote:

The front office made delusional comments about the serviceability or the Wrs. LBers, Oline, rbs and the QB has suffered YET HE is being reevaluated.

I see NOTHING in this coach that gives me hope.

The "11 games...11 questions" thread:
Quote:

The front office sat on their hands regarding the sieve Oline.
The front office sat on their hands with the delusional pronouncements we needed no wr.
the front office sent a wildly popular DC packing, changed schemes
and hired yet another head coach with no previous HC experience, and he disturbingly shows the same tin god, pig headed poor play calling and mind games with his players. this guy is so over his head he makes me miss mangini.

The "McCoy survives rookie hazing" thread:
Quote:

Yes McCoy was hazed yet he will be scapegoated by a coach who is a lousy OC, in over his head, an extremely rash choice by the "Wise One" to save his butt.

The "Jared Gaither waived by the Chiefs" thread:
Quote:

Another sterling choice by our front office. Keep Pashos who helped McCoy get drilled all day in Cinci yet we cut Pontbriand?
Why is one solidly entrenched as a starter and another pounding the pavement?
Only Shurmy knows.

The "Pontbriand waived" thread:
Quote:

If Andy Reid is Fired by Philly I put in my vote who really needs to go.
who is consistently poor with his playcalling, 1 yard runs between guard and center about 95% of the time and a second and 9 OBVIOUS pass.
Holmgren made as wise a choice at Coach as he did with the jake delhomme pick for QB, doh!!!!

Just so everyone knows, these are consecutive threads here. I haven't skipped one. Well, I did, but I saved it for last, for no other reason than it's so cryptic and nutso that I just HAD to finish with it:

From the "Official Fire Shurmur thread" (Yeah, like we didn't see this one coming.
Quote:

Imagine that Damanshot putting His words in Your mouth and then attacking them as Yours. Yet he is Improving his skills and often has enlightening pasts.
while i still think it rash to judge McCoy stripped of No receivers, I would not attack your opinion to weigh is.

That gem was actually addressed to me.

Joe, meds dude. Take the meds.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Every freakin' post.....

I can't help joe cause he's way too far gone. But I have some advice that might help you and that is to do what I do and burn up your scroll wheel to get past his posts.

You read one of them and you've read them all. They all say the same thing regardless of the topic.

Not really meant to pile on to you joe, I just wanted Toad to know that I feel his pain.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Ahh, I see you've got on to our Lil Joe from Akron

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C,

Some of you folks beat all I have ever seen ... I'm not going to defend Browns coverage skills, but he is always mixing it up in the running game and imo, he is a far better tackler then BMac ever thought of being.

Some of you have some real short memories.

Browns football IQ for the position is also far greater too.

I will agree that he has lost a step and possibly more and I have reservations that he has enough speed to play the position adequately, but bring back BMac?

Give it a break huh!

[Linked Image]

A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Quote:

ohhh burn. how dare one strays from the gospel.
browns can tackle and grab he just can't cover much at this stage of his career.
Bmac always did have tackling deficiencies so we can agree on one thing.

A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Quote:

Every freakin' post.....every single one from you in every single thread ends with firing Shurmur or Holmgren. Regardless of the validity of the opinion, it's on the threshold of criminally insane.

The Colt McCoy thread....the Josh Cribbs thread....now of all freakin' threads, the Brandon McDonald thread.....Jesus, give it a rest.

I swear I saw you today....you were in front of Taco Bell yelling at nobody in-particular while staring at the sky. You had a stained coat, a long white beard, and you were carrying a sign that read "THE END IS NEAR!!!"

Actually, out of morbid curiosity, I had to go back just to see how many different threads you polluted for no other reason than to blast Shurmur. This was a very fascinating case-study in what could be obsessive-compulsive insanity:

The "Jeff Garcia headed back to the NFL" thread:
Quote:

That was some sage evaluation By Holmgren to saddle mangini with jake and senecaca. and watch the flop sweat on those two "sage" veterans and a kid have the most pocket presense...yet this coach wil vote to dump McCoy. he doesn't even LOOK at him in games except maybe to Grimace, he lies to the press saying McCoy can audible....don't get me started.

The "Brandon MacDonald released" thread:
Quote:

The fact he is staring is indication how BAD the subs are or how stubborn the coaching is to any change that is needed. the only change that is needed is at HC.

The "Cribbs fed-up with losing" thread:
Quote:

Then Shurmer turned back into a Pumpkin of predictability and the offense never gave the defense a blow and McCoy was getting killed as the Steelers sacked and harassed McCoy and the empty backfield. And Oh McCoy can't call audibles either.

The absolute Cherry was sending McCoy back into the game after taking a devastating dirty hit. Shurmer needs FIRED and year TWO of Holmgren is WORSE than Year One.

The "Our RB situation" thread:
Quote:

I evaluate Shurmer as MUCH WORSE than Mangini. he has NO FAITH in his QB to audible, he BLAMES his players for his poor play calling . Should anyone DARE to question him(Cribbs, Hillis, McCoy) I think all three are gone. Nice Hire Mike.

The "Is it too soon to give up on McCoy Part TWO" thread:
Quote:

with a brain dead coach, a front office that CHOSE to sit on their hands in free agency and make delusional comments about the readiness of the wr corp, the oline, and no need to keep a top blocking FB or depend on an oft injured RB as a key guy..how did all that work out?
I reevaluate both Holmgren and his idiot hire.

The "McCoy's father claims he remembers nothing after the hit" thread:
Quote:

I am all for firing this inept coach.

The "Our history in hindsight" thread:
Quote:

The front office made delusional comments about the serviceability or the Wrs. LBers, Oline, rbs and the QB has suffered YET HE is being reevaluated.

I see NOTHING in this coach that gives me hope.

The "11 games...11 questions" thread:
Quote:

The front office sat on their hands regarding the sieve Oline.
The front office sat on their hands with the delusional pronouncements we needed no wr.
the front office sent a wildly popular DC packing, changed schemes
and hired yet another head coach with no previous HC experience, and he disturbingly shows the same tin god, pig headed poor play calling and mind games with his players. this guy is so over his head he makes me miss mangini.

The "McCoy survives rookie hazing" thread:
Quote:

Yes McCoy was hazed yet he will be scapegoated by a coach who is a lousy OC, in over his head, an extremely rash choice by the "Wise One" to save his butt.

The "Jared Gaither waived by the Chiefs" thread:
Quote:

Another sterling choice by our front office. Keep Pashos who helped McCoy get drilled all day in Cinci yet we cut Pontbriand?
Why is one solidly entrenched as a starter and another pounding the pavement?
Only Shurmy knows.

The "Pontbriand waived" thread:
Quote:

If Andy Reid is Fired by Philly I put in my vote who really needs to go.
who is consistently poor with his playcalling, 1 yard runs between guard and center about 95% of the time and a second and 9 OBVIOUS pass.
Holmgren made as wise a choice at Coach as he did with the jake delhomme pick for QB, doh!!!!

Just so everyone knows, these are consecutive threads here. I haven't skipped one. Well, I did, but I saved it for last, for no other reason than it's so cryptic and nutso that I just HAD to finish with it:

From the "Official Fire Shurmur thread" (Yeah, like we didn't see this one coming.
Quote:

Imagine that Damanshot putting His words in Your mouth and then attacking them as Yours. Yet he is Improving his skills and often has enlightening pasts.
while i still think it rash to judge McCoy stripped of No receivers, I would not attack your opinion to weigh is.

That gem was actually addressed to me.

Joe, meds dude. Take the meds.

>Wow now it is EVERY freakin post i want to fire Shurmer, calm down YOUR exaggeration is YOUR map of my territory dude.
> that was your reflection at taco Bell maybe, the special sauce must have rotted your mind.
> make your case for Shurmer. has he made ANY improvement in crucial game day situations. Reinserting a concussed player takes the cake. But You are a Shurmer guy, don't let what ACTUALLY HAPPENS ON THE FIELD pollute your reality.
> I make no prejudgements nor care to about who you are, and your need to attack personally demonstrates the weak positions you have. hold on to Your reality, maybe the taco bell reflection answers back soon.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
I'll give you this much, Joe, you're making me chuckle You remind me of Yoda. Cryptic, your message is. Read it backwards, find the meaning, I will.

I'm just saying you're over the top, and coming from me of all people, that should be a wake-up call. As I stated, setting the validity of your opinions aside, I was shocked to see you saying the exact same thing in every single thread that came up when I searched your name.

I almost started a Little Orphan Annie thread with one single nugget about the Browns just to see what you'd do.

I know you hate Holmgren and Shurmur. And if there's any one poster where the literal term "hate" can be applied, it's likely you. They've made some boneheaded moves and I haven't carried their banners blindly, but I've never seen anyone use every single thread to bring it back to the shot-callers. I've never seen that obsessiveness before, on this board or any other.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

browns can tackle and grab he just can't cover much at this stage of his career.

I got two things to say to you Joe..

Ham Sandwich

SOS or Stuck On Stupid

straying from what you see as gospel, is normal to most everyone else

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Take him over Brown. Tired of all the falling down we do in the secondary. Our chase and reach tyackling is exasperating.

You mean like Haden on Antonio Brown?

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I got two things to say to you Joe..

Ham Sandwich

SOS or Stuck On Stupid

Ohh Burn, I missed on Hillis yet now that i see he is a good back the sage browns organization and petty little ceaser new coach plays head games all year all year and he will be GONE. SOS yep this organization seems always to be filling holes self created than trying to build. Hillis is better than all the rest of our backs combined..yet I will place any bet he is gone and will gladly take any ... of the Browns front office actually wakes up and keeps him.
Yet Shurmer leaves hillis on the sidelines and rarely ever uses a receiver out of the backfield WHO LED THE BROWNS in receiving last year and forces the ball to butterfingers Little.
That we disagree we can both agree on. has your hero sandwich turned into a ham sandwich because of what you read in the press? Or do you not see the icy looks the coach gives Hillis and watch him cool his jets as we watch 2yrd runs by hardesty. I was ecstatic i was wrong about Hillis yet now we are to believe he is a selfish Bum. Don't buy it, yet I would bet you do.
When the browns Finally get the better end of a trade( which so rarely happens I cannot think of one other than Hillis) Oh yeah YOU crowed and mocked me when I said for a franchise QB we got a bag o doughnuts and a center. Where are those dognuts three years later damon? Himm.

SOS, Your new moniker is Donuts. Donuts Damon.
No i wil leave name calling up to you. ham sandwich will be responded to with donuts.

straying from what you see as gospel, is normal to most everyone else

Wow try a mirror on that one.

A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Quote:

Quote:

Take him over Brown. Tired of all the falling down we do in the secondary. Our chase and reach tyackling is exasperating.

You mean like Haden on Antonio Brown?

Wow you calling out our best CB BY A LONGSHOT because he gets beat and we don't blitz an immobile QB? Our vanilla defensive coaches and horrid safety help as haden pressed short. he was beaten. he is a top corner nonetheless. had ryan been DC the Whale rothlisger would have taken a few to the blow hole and be done for the rest of the evening.
The DC let Haden down..Crocker, the Jets safety and two safeties we let walk FAR better than any we have yet we are always making NEW holes on this team releasing good players.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

J/C,

Some of you folks beat all I have ever seen ... I'm not going to defend Browns coverage skills, but he is always mixing it up in the running game and imo, he is a far better tackler then BMac ever thought of being.

Some of you have some real short memories.

Browns football IQ for the position is also far greater too.

I will agree that he has lost a step and possibly more and I have reservations that he has enough speed to play the position adequately, but bring back BMac?

Give it a break huh!

Fl, brown has been playing like he doesn't want to be out there since the second half of last season. I don't care what people can do if they won't do it. His halfhearted effort to keep up with receivers is bad enough, but when I see him backpedaling away from the ballcarrier because he doesn't want to get blocked, then why is he out there? Yes, McDonald often shied away from tackling, but at least he covered guys and occasionally broke up some passes. What the hell is brown even doing out there? Picking up McDonald would allow us to play skrine and Patterson more regularly and cut ties with that bad-attitude, no effort has-been.

Legend
Legend
another weak point of yours is the ability (or lack thereof) to properly use the Quote function on this site..

The point I was trying to make, which clearly went right over your head is, that you were wrong just about everytime you took a stance on a player..

did I mention your stance on Quinn?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Seem to take turns. And to clarify, I am not a huge McD fan. He had a few games where he played well, and a number where he was torched and the "go to" to convert long D&D situations. Didn't say he was better, just a good replacement. Seemed to avoid run support and tackling much unless the play just rolled over him. I think SB has to go, and the FO better be fairly unforgiving in the off-season to find some cover and tackle people. McDone might be serviceable as nickel, but he had trouble with that too. Think I talked me out of my own decision. Pass. And insist on something that is not a retread.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Brandon MacDonald released......

Link Copied to Clipboard