Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Legend
Legend
B
It would take more to get Bradford, and you are ignoring the cap problems the Rams would face by trading Bradford.

They have a $30 million problem on their hands.

Bradford isn't going anywhere for at least 2 more years.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C

I don't see Indy taking Luck unless they want to dump Manning and start the rebuilding process. DE Mathis, OL Diem, and WRs Wayne, Gonzalez, and Garcon are all Free Agents at the end of the year plus a lot of Indy's core players will be close to 30 or older next year. I think they'll trade the pick to get extra picks and make another run at the SuperBowl before Manning retires.

With our 1st rnd pick at 4 or 5 they could add CB Claiborne then with our 20 something pick maybe WR Floyd then with their othcr picks and any other(s) they receive in trade they can add to their Defense to beef it up.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Quote:

J/C

I don't see Indy taking Luck unless they want to dump Manning and start the rebuilding process. DE Mathis, OL Diem, and WRs Wayne, Gonzalez, and Garcon are all Free Agents at the end of the year plus a lot of Indy's core players will be close to 30 or older next year. I think they'll trade the pick to get extra picks and make another run at the SuperBowl before Manning retires.

I'd keep Manning and draft Luck.. Wayne is done as a Colt.. Gonzalez isn't worth a roster spot. Garcon is definitely worth keeping though but shouldn't cost a bundle to keep. They could easily add day 2/3 WR's (ie Jordan White, Ryan Broyles) or free agents (ie Braylon Edwards, T.O.) and not miss a beat on offense with Manning..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
S
Legend
Legend
S
I have a feeling they draft Luck, let all the big time free agents go, probably let manning go, maybe they keep him, and Jim Tressel becomes coach.

Jim Caldwell is not HC material. Not 100% fair to him since that team was built around Manning, but he's just not a guy I want going forward if I'm the Colts front office.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I have a feeling they draft Luck, let all the big time free agents go, probably let manning go, maybe they keep him, and Jim Tressel becomes coach.

Jim Caldwell is not HC material. Not 100% fair to him since that team was built around Manning, but he's just not a guy I want going forward if I'm the Colts front office.

Not sure about Tressel but I agree with all the rest.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

Not sure about Tressel but I agree with all the rest.

Maybe it doesn't happen this year, but I think it eventually happens. His style in college was an NFL type style of game, ball control, emphasis on special teams. He always coached a very balanced game.

I'm not saying it works, but I think it eventually happens. If you're the Colts and you unload your franchise player and several other aging guys who are still contributors, why would you not just do it now and let all these guys, including Tressel and Luck, take their lumps?

I just don't think you bring a guy like that into your organization without a strong consideration that one day he will coach the team.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
1a. RG3
1b. Michael Floyd
2. Chase Minnifield

I would be very happy with this being our first 3 picks.

#brownsgoodkarma
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

1a. RG3

Please, no!

I'm gonna keep screaming this til April.

Do NOT draft RGIII!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

A QB-WR combo from Baylor with our two 1st Rd picks?

Good Lord.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Please, no!

Do NOT draft RGIII!

I'll be screaming right there with you! This team needs to draft BPA, not need. It's not like we're one player away.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh, I want a QB.

Just not RGIII

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

1a. RG3

Please, no!

Do NOT draft RGIII!

I will be right there with you. I want Luck or another year of Colt.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
What about a LaMichael James in the 2nd or 3rd round? The kid is a pretty good ball player.

#brownsgoodkarma
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

1a. RG3

Please, no!

Do NOT draft RGIII!

You're taking "beating a dead horse" to a new level here.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

C
Legend
Legend
C
That is something I would go for. I wanted Jacquizz Rodgers last year. James is a similar type of player, little guy who can probably carry the load. And he's fast.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

1a. RG3
1b. Michael Floyd
2. Chase Minnifield

I would be very happy with this being our first 3 picks.

I would be ecstatic with those as our 1st 3 picks. Add in a RT and OLB with the next 2 and it would be a perfect draft.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Here is my mock draft for our first three picks:

1. Andrew Luck

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like that mock.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Me too, I like that mock. I just dunno if that'll be enough to get him. My theory, our two firsts and next year's first. That's probably gonna be what gets us in the ball park. From there, possibly one of our thirds and a fourth. But if it is our 2nd, I guess so be it. I draw the line at, three firsts and one second.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
My Mock would look something like this. It starts with a trade down to pick up extra picks which is easy this year under the new agreement and the position we are in. If we get an extra 2nd we go RT if not that is 3rd round. Then I would go

1a) Vontaze Burfict
1b)Kendall Wright
2)Vinny Curry

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
C
Legend
Legend
C
I would not be happy with that at all. Burfict has some huge question marks. Also, I've been surprisingly happy with our linebackers once Fujita went out. Gocong, Jackson, and Maiava have all played pretty well. If we could sign a free agent to compete with Maiava/push him to the bench I think we are set.

If Burfict comes out I don't even think he is a 1st round pick. He is very talented, but ASU had to take him off the field at some points during the season because he couldn't be controlled. That says a lot to me as he was there best player.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
No they tried to take him out of the game and he wouldn't come out. Yeah, The only question marks I see are that he plays with a super fierce attitude and a Motor that we haven't seen around here ever. If we don't get him I guarantee Baltimore or Detroit takes him. It would allow us to move Jackson outside. Maiva is a great Backup..but I watched the guy. He made some plays, but he missed a lot of assignments and whiffed on more than his fair share of Tackles.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

No they tried to take him out of the game and he wouldn't come out.

False.

Quote:

Things continue to look bad for Arizona State junior linebacker Vontaze Burfict . In the Sun Devils' 47-38 loss to California, Burfict was benched in the third quarter following his second personal foul of a drive.

Burfict never re-entered the game and the Arizona Republic speculates that it was because he refused to do so

Source

Do you think you can just make stuff up and people either don't know or won't check? And even if he did what you said and refused to come out of the game isn't that just as bad?

Also, it was unclear whether Dennis Erickson was going to let Burfict play in ASU's bowl game.

Quote:

Burfict's status was unclear following reports of his actions late in the Nov. 25 game against California. According to program sources, Burfict was benched for a series after committing a personal foul. He then refused to re-enter the game, a 47-38 loss that dropped ASU to 6-6.

link

Quote:

It would allow us to move Jackson outside.

Why move Jackson when he is playing at a Pro Bowl level at his current position?

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Yes He was benched..He also refused to come out(not sur what game) ..maybe you just missed it. Burfict refuses to come out Moving Jackson outside in this D is nothing new. I have seen Mocks with us grabbing him with that exact idea in mind. The guy has ability and a Competitive side that doesn't come around that often. Yes, he needs to control it and when he matures and realizes that he will be even better. I don't care for having Robots anymore..If they can play and make an impact and isn't messed up too much off the field then get him. Would I take James Harrison..yes. Would I take Suh..Yes, would I take Ray Lewis..Yes. I don't want Paul Polusney(?) or Luke Keuchly..I want a Banger..I want that middle of the D to have razor sharp teeth. Every time Bolden or Antonio Brown or AJ Green come across the middle I want them to fear attempting to catch the Ball.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Watch Him Ball Good shot of Him taking of Marecics head in there to..lol

Sheard/Taylor/Rubin/Curry

Last edited by LOYALDAWG; 12/29/11 03:55 PM.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Burfict, if he's to get his head together, get disciplined, and be successful in the NFL, would be best suited to get drafted by an established defense that can get him ready and then plug him in, rather than one that needs to rely on him early. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, etc.

We don't have the luxury of taking that flier right now, IMO.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

That is something I would go for. I wanted Jacquizz Rodgers last year. James is a similar type of player, little guy who can probably carry the load. And he's fast.

I think we need to resign Hillis, and use Jordan as a change of pace back...the dude has wheels. And speed is something we are missing.....BAD!

1a.RG3 qb
1b.Michael Floyd wr
2.Chase Minnifield cb
3.LaMichael Jordan rb
4.Best Guard on the board

4 playmakers with 4 picks.....or we can just draft Andrew Luck and watch him get killed as he as no weapons at his disposal.

#brownsgoodkarma
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
63 tackles for a MLB is a joke. The guy has more personal fouls than tackles for loss. 4th round project.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

63 tackles for a MLB is a joke. The guy has more personal fouls than tackles for loss. 4th round project.

No way on earth..Give me some of that! I don't see him going out of 1 and depending on his interviews and Combine could slide into the teens. If a GM thinks they can bottle that and he reassures them of that, He will be the best LB to come out of this draft.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Burfict, if he's to get his head together, get disciplined, and be successful in the NFL, would be best suited to get drafted by an established defense that can get him ready and then plug him in, rather than one that needs to rely on him early. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, etc.

I would have to disagree..This is a guy you plug in and he makes your Defense. He completes your identity.

Burfict
Burfict can’t seem to get out of his own way. By far the most naturally gifted player in this class. He has the instincts, speed, athleticism, and temperament to be one of the greats at the position. Unfortunately, Burfict can’t seem to harness his aggression in a positive way on the field. He ended his collegiate career at ASU by being pulled from the game following two personal foul penalties. Under the right coaches and locker room, Burfict could wind up a steal.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

My Mock would look something like this. It starts with a trade down to pick up extra picks which is easy this year under the new agreement and the position we are in. If we get an extra 2nd we go RT if not that is 3rd round. Then I would go

1a) Vontaze Burfict
1b)Kendall Wright
2)Vinny Curry

I like the trading down - I'm on board for dropping to Washington's spot so they can take RG3. We pick up a 3rd or better then draft

1a) Trent Richardson, RB
1b) David DeCastro, OG
2) Dwight Jones, WR
3a) Andrew Datko, RT
3b) Andre Branch, DE

Though I'll bet DeCastro is gone before 1b. If so I take Mercilus at 1b and BPA of OG, CB, FS, OLB at 3b.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

I would have to disagree..This is a guy you plug in and he makes your Defense. He completes your identity.

Burfict
Burfict can’t seem to get out of his own way. By far the most naturally gifted player in this class. He has the instincts, speed, athleticism, and temperament to be one of the greats at the position. Unfortunately, Burfict can’t seem to harness his aggression in a positive way on the field. He ended his collegiate career at ASU by being pulled from the game following two personal foul penalties. Under the right coaches and locker room, Burfict could wind up a steal.

What you've quoted pretty much said exactly what I did.

We don't have the right coaches, and we don't have the right locker room.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I highly doubt we look at DeCastro. I'd love to, but I don't see it.

If I had to guess (and it's as blind a guess as any of us), I'd say Heckert is going to stick with Lauvao and Pinkston. They're his picks.

I do like Mercilus a lot from what I've seen. If he's our 1b, we can (hopefully) dust off our hands and call it a D-line. It would be about depth from that point.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Burfict

What you've quoted pretty much said exactly what I did.

We don't have the right coaches, and we don't have the right locker room.

I actually think our D side of the Ball looked to have life this year..I liked the style and think Jauron and this D would be perfect for him to Flourish..By that line of thinking we shouldn't consider Luck.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I want Vinny Curry so bad... 2nd round.. if he's there.. we BETTER get this guy.. and he has a ton of experience playing RDE.. perfect since Sheard plays the left side.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I highly doubt we look at DeCastro. I'd love to, but I don't see it.

If I had to guess (and it's as blind a guess as any of us), I'd say Heckert is going to stick with Lauvao and Pinkston. They're his picks.

I do like Mercilus a lot from what I've seen. If he's our 1b, we can (hopefully) dust off our hands and call it a D-line. It would be about depth from that point.

Ben Grubbs and Carl Nicks are free agents too, so I don't see Heckert going that way early in the draft.

My Browns mock would be something like this:

1a. Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
1b. Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
2. Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
3. Miles Burris, LB, San Diego State
4a. Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
4b. Isiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati
5. Tom Compton, OT, South Dakota

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What's all this trade down talk?

We have a top 5 pick, probably top 4...if we don't come away with 1 of Luck, Claiborne or Blackmon, the top 3 value guys, I will consider it a fail...this draft isn't deep and it has a pretty weak top 20 outside of those 3 + Kalil...guys like Zach Brown and Coples were considered top 20, even top 10 selections and UNC got shredded by Missouri

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, there's no way in hell I'm trading out of the top five.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Quote:

I want Vinny Curry so bad... 2nd round.. if he's there.. we BETTER get this guy.. and he has a ton of experience playing RDE.. perfect since Sheard plays the left side.

Me too! minus Luck and a few offensive Tackles I am not enamored by the top of this draft offensively. I would like to add an identity and some tenacity which is why I like Burfict and Curry. They are game changers and difference makers. We might as well finish off this D as I think this will be the last draft that we will have to plug in a New draft pick because we have no other choice on that side of the Ball. They will all be Young and under contract and I like it. We obviously need a Free Safety and CB, but FA and maybe Skrien or Hagg can step in.. Curry gave Mike Adams from OSU fits.

Last edited by LOYALDAWG; 12/29/11 05:18 PM.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) 2012 Draft Continued Again

Link Copied to Clipboard