Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend
Just as a frame of reference this is how the Browns got Bernie Kosar remember:

Cleveland traded their first round picks in the 1985 NFL Draft (#7) and 1986 NFL Draft, their third round pick in 1985 (#63) and their sixth round pick in 1986 to the Buffalo Bills for their first round pick in the 1986 NFL Draft. Since the Bills had the worst record in the 1984 season, they held the first pick in both the regular NFL draft and the supplemental draft in 1985. When a selection is used in the supplemental draft, that team forfeits the pick in the next regular draft which meant that the Browns could use the Bills 1986 regular draft first round pick as the first pick in the 1985 supplemental draft.

There should be no question about trading to get Andrew Luck. I doubt anybody regrets the trade to get Bernie.

And no matter how you slice it Bernie was not the prospect that Luck is.

For those concerned about giving up to much:

Just exactly what do we have to lose really? We would swap our first round picks. Give up the pick we stole from Atlanta. Give up next years first rounder which we have no idea where it will be or the impact of the player chosen.

Look at what Brady, Manning and Brees have meant to their teams. Look at the history of what great quarterbacks have done for their teams. From Otto Graham to John Unitas; from Joe Montana to Troy Aikman.

Great quarterbacks give you the best chance to win championships. Is that not the goal?

I know Andrew Luck is a prospect. I know he has done nothing yet at the NFL level. What I also know he is the unanimous choice as the first pick in the draft and the consensus best QB prospect since Peyton Manning.

I like Colt McCoy. I think he has a chance to be a decent quarterback in the right set of circumstances. However, he has physical limitations. He was a third round pick for reasons. He is being paid third round money. There are still questions about him on the field.

If you are in doubt about your QB and you are not financially handcuffed when you get a shot at a player like Andrew Luck you have to pull the trigger.

The Browns have had two upper level quarterbacks Brian Sipe and Bernie Kosar. They have had one Hall of Famer Otto Graham. What else has been accomplished? Yes, Frank Ryan and JB along with some other great players won the 64 championship.

A great quarterback in today's game gives the team a chance to win for 15+ years. The new rules don't let you breath on a quarterback. The new rules protect the receivers. It is a passing league.

Look at our division AFC North. Do you think it is possible to compete in our division against Ben, Flacco, and now Dalton and Green without scoring points?

Do you believe that Colt is going to win in December and January against great Quarterbacks? Look at the QB's of all 32 teams. Eleven teams do not have first round picks. They are:

NE - Brady
NO - Brees
Dallas - Romo

KC
Houston
Miami
Washington
Buffalo
Arizona
Seattle
Cleveland

Outside of Brees and Brady how do you like their chances?

We can sign Hillis. Steinbach will be back. We can sign a young veteran receiver (like Deshon Jackson or comparable) in free agency. We can draft a good RT prospect in the second round. We have an extra fourth rounder. We can still score good players in the draft.

We may never get another shot at a quarterback like Andrew Luck.

Really I don't want to hear about the other QB's in this draft. RG III in interesting but he is not in the same class as Luck when you look deep.

The only game in town for me is:

Colts versus Jags. The Ram vs SF game is as close to a lock as you can get.

GO COLTS!!!!!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Great quarterbacks give you the best chance to win championships. Is that not the goal?

....<and then>

A great quarterback in today's game gives the team a chance to win for 15+ years. The new rules don't let you breath on a quarterback. The new rules protect the receivers. It is a passing league.

If all that's true, and it is, why would the Colts or any other team trade the rights to him? You don't trade away this kind of talent. With Manning being as old as he is and considering his neck problems, the Colts won't trade the first pick.

Everyone can say a talent like this only comes along once every 5-7-9 years and a team would be foolish to not do whatever it takes to get him.....so why can't we say that about the Colts or Rams too?

...the Rams might be a weird situation with Bradford and that contract. But if they think Luck looks better, you better get ready for Bradford riding the pine. The only think worse that paying Bradford all that money to stink it up in a few years is to pay it AND pass on Luck.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
If we take Burfict with any of our 1sr 3 picks I will personally drive to Berea and smack everyone I can find upside the head.

Talk about overrated. He's got the physical tools, but as has been proven time after time after time after time ...... physical tools without brains and discipline = bagging groceries.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
That's cool. I feel the same way if we even sniff RG3 now that we are on the subject of Grocery Baggers. I think the Lions would say different about Suh and Pittsburgh about Harrison and Baltimore about Ray Lewis..but you are definately entitled to your opinion.

Last edited by LOYALDAWG; 12/29/11 05:50 PM.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Legend
Legend
That's your right ..... but I would damn near bet money that RG3 has a far, far superior NFL career to Burfict.

I think that he is one of the most overrated guys ever. He's got the physical tools, and seems to think that physical tools are all he needs.

He also strikes me as the guy that opposing teams will taunt when they want a free 15 yards on a personal foul.

Undisciplined will never fly on a Jauron defense. It won't work on most defenses. If we had a veteran defense, as someone else said, then maybe ..... but you would need someone willing to bust him upside the head and let him know what it takes to be great ....... because the kid strikes me as the kind who thinks that he's already a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

That's your right ..... but I would damn near bet money that RG3 has a far, far superior NFL career to Burfict.

I'd bet that they're both forgotten in 10 years.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

I think that he is one of the most overrated guys ever. He's got the physical tools, and seems to think that physical tools are all he needs.

He also strikes me as the guy that opposing teams will taunt when they want a free 15 yards on a personal foul.

Undisciplined will never fly on a Jauron defense. It won't work on most defenses. If we had a veteran defense, as someone else said, then maybe ..... but you would need someone willing to bust him upside the head and let him know what it takes to be great ....... because the kid strikes me as the kind who thinks that he's already a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame.

Not sure where you get that impression. I get the impression that the guy loves the game..was an academic standout coming in to college not sure where he finished, and has everything you would want out of a Football player. He is being mentored by Ray Lewis now who happens to be DQ's mentor. I think he would be fine and kept in Line. RG-3 on the other hand seems to be the Over rated one..slid up draft boards at an alarming rate and is living off the Hype. He knows it which is why he will enter the draft. If He thought he caould keep it up he would return and try to be the 1st pick next year. Guess he doesn't think he can do it. I beg to differ on their careers. RG-3 = Akili Smith

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Burfict, if he's to get his head together, get disciplined, and be successful in the NFL, would be best suited to get drafted by an established defense that can get him ready and then plug him in, rather than one that needs to rely on him early. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, etc.

We don't have the luxury of taking that flier right now, IMO.

I would have to disagree..This is a guy you plug in and he makes your Defense. He completes your identity.

Burfict
Burfict can’t seem to get out of his own way. By far the most naturally gifted player in this class. He has the instincts, speed, athleticism, and temperament to be one of the greats at the position. Unfortunately, Burfict can’t seem to harness his aggression in a positive way on the field. He ended his collegiate career at ASU by being pulled from the game following two personal foul penalties. Under the right coaches and locker room, Burfict could wind up a steal.

What you've quoted pretty much said exactly what I did.

We don't have the right coaches, and we don't have the right locker room.

I actually think our D side of the Ball looked to have life this year..I liked the style and think Jauron and this D would be perfect for him to Flourish..By that line of thinking we shouldn't consider Luck.

How do you even begin to equate Burfict and Luck in that regard? They couldn't be more opposite examples.

It has nothing to do with scheme or Dick Jauron's D or anything like that. What's going to happen next year when we're 3-10, and the kid gets frustrated and starts headbutting opposing players? At this juncture, all signs point to the more the guy is on the field, the more 15 yard penalties he racks up. We're not at a point where we can afford those errors.

Burfict is a proven loose cannon. He is a complete mental midget on the field. He needs to go to a team where he can ride the pine, and learn how to play disciplined football within a system. Baltimore or Pittsburgh would be perfect for him.

I think Burfict has a very good chance to be a stud in the NFL. He also has a very good chance of crapping out.

If he's there in the second, I'd consider it, but I still don't know if I pull the trigger ... he's not ready to be a featured cog in a defense, which is what we would require.

Not only due to attitude ... but the kid's game isn't there yet. He still has trouble with some fundamentals his talent should overcome, like block shedding.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Luck would be best suited to get drafted by an established Offense that can get him ready and then plug him in, rather than one that needs to rely on him early. Green Bay, N.O. etc.

Quote:

There does that help?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I like the trading down - I'm on board for dropping to Washington's spot so they can take RG3. We pick up a 3rd or better then draft

1a) Trent Richardson, RB
1b) David DeCastro, OG
2) Dwight Jones, WR
3a) Andrew Datko, RT
3b) Andre Branch, DE

Though I'll bet DeCastro is gone before 1b. If so I take Mercilus at 1b and BPA of OG, CB, FS, OLB at 3b.

That would be an excellent mock....if Eric Mangini were still our coach. A RB and 2 OLine (and a possession type WR to boot) in our first 4 picks? LOL. Yeah if we're lining up and running the football 40 times a game sure. News flash. We're running the WCO now. We're going to PASS the ball 40 times a game. We need to find an upgrade at RT at some point (mid round or FA) but QB and WR are must must MUST gets.

Last edited by GraffZ06; 12/29/11 06:21 PM.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

....<and then>

If all that's true, and it is, why would the Colts or any other team trade the rights to him? You don't trade away this kind of talent. With Manning being as old as he is and considering his neck problems, the Colts won't trade the first pick.

Everyone can say a talent like this only comes along once every 5-7-9 years and a team would be foolish to not do whatever it takes to get him.....so why can't we say that about the Colts or Rams too?

...the Rams might be a weird situation with Bradford and that contract. But if they think Luck looks better, you better get ready for Bradford riding the pine. The only think worse that paying Bradford all that money to stink it up in a few years is to pay it AND pass on Luck.

Completely agreed.

It's why I'm 100% on board offering our next 3 drafts to go up and get Luck (exaggerating but you know what I mean). It's also why I don't think they (St Louis OR Indy) will take that offer regardless of what we try to send.

We'll be stuck choosing between Robert Troy Smith Griffin and another year of Charlie Frye McCoy at QB.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Luck would be best suited to get drafted by an established Offense that can get him ready and then plug him in, rather than one that needs to rely on him early. Green Bay, N.O. etc.

Quote:

There does that help?

Not really. That doesn't make much sense at all.

I mean, I see the argument you're trying to craft, but it's a very myopic one. You're trying to pigeonhole the argument into 'any player would be better going to a better team', which is very shortsighted.

Luck and Burfict are night and day.

Luck is a polished, NFL ready prospect with almost no red flags. Burfict is raw, undisciplined and comes with more red flags than a game officiated by a Triplette crew.

Burfict is a project. He has terrible instincts and discipline. He misses too many assignments and whiffs on tackles going for the big hit. For his size, speed and athleticism, he seems to have trouble shedding blocks at times. He's simply not ready to go right now. He's going to need a lot of time and coaching before he's ready to see the field as an integral part of a unit.

Andrew Luck is the exact opposite of that.

I'm not like everyone on here who thinks Burfict will bust and wants nothing to do with him, but we can't afford a red flagged project in the first round.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

If we take Burfict with any of our 1sr 3 picks I will personally drive to Berea and smack everyone I can find upside the head.

Talk about overrated. He's got the physical tools, but as has been proven time after time after time after time ...... physical tools without brains and discipline = bagging groceries.

Add me to the "do not take that punk" list. I've watched 3 of his games and keyed in on him during the viewing....he was out of position or coming in late with a cheap shot (or already on the bench because his coach had enough of the "walking PF").

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

What's all this trade down talk?

We have a top 5 pick, probably top 4...if we don't come away with 1 of Luck, Claiborne or Blackmon, the top 3 value guys, I will consider it a fail...this draft isn't deep and it has a pretty weak top 20 outside of those 3 + Kalil...guys like Zach Brown and Coples were considered top 20, even top 10 selections and UNC got shredded by Missouri

I don't know - I have serious questions about everybody in this draft outside of Luck/Claiborne/Richardson. I'm not saying those are my top three (based on values of different positions, and potential) - but I have some pretty serious concerns about Kalil/Blackmon/Coples/RG3 - and outside of that there isn't really another elite talent.

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend

I have zero doubt that if the Colts get the first pick it will be Luck.

Our hope lies with the Rams. They are handcuffed with Bradford's salary, plus they have not given up on Bradford. He was under a different OC and a new system plus has had ankle problems with a horrid line in front of him. They would love to trade the pick for a boatload of drat picks to upgrade around Bradford.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

1a) Trent Richardson, RB
1b) David DeCastro, OG
2) Dwight Jones, WR
3a) Andrew Datko, RT
3b) Andre Branch, DE

I would take Claiborne over Richardson if available but I wont complain if we draft Trent Richardson. Kid is amazing.

Love Dwight Jones, I think he is going to be a star and probably the 2nd best receiver out of this class.

Datko is probably looking at 6th or possibly undrafted. Label of being a slow healer is big time negative for OL. They had to go back in and repair the shoulder that never healed properly. good thing we have 2 6ths lol, kid has talent and I thought he was a late first rounder coming in.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Not really. That doesn't make much sense at all.

I mean, I see the argument you're trying to craft, but it's a very myopic one. You're trying to pigeonhole the argument into 'any player would be better going to a better team', which is very shortsighted.

Luck and Burfict are night and day.

Luck is a polished, NFL ready prospect with almost no red flags. Burfict is raw, undisciplined and comes with more red flags than a game officiated by a Triplette crew.

Burfict is a project. He has terrible instincts and discipline. He misses too many assignments and whiffs on tackles going for the big hit. For his size, speed and athleticism, he seems to have trouble shedding blocks at times. He's simply not ready to go right now. He's going to need a lot of time and coaching before he's ready to see the field as an integral part of a unit.

Andrew Luck is the exact opposite of that.

I'm not like everyone on here who thinks Burfict will bust and wants nothing to do with him, but we can't afford a red flagged project in the first round.

Look Bud..I know Luck is the only QB in the topo of trhis class worth a darn..you don't need to sell me on that. You missed the point. That ship has sailed. But You making up your own scouting report to fit your Argument is tacky..The guy has great instincts, is a great athlete and Football player..His red flags about bringing it everygame and sometimes losing his cool are valid..after that you make Pinnochio proud. He is not a Project..He has flags and in spite of those flags will still go in the first..Which is not a place to select Projects..Go read a scouting report or something but quit making stuff up. I say we don't have the personell or Coaching or playcalling to draft Luck anymore than you think that for any so named player.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Quote:

Add me to the "do not take that punk" list. I've watched 3 of his games and keyed in on him during the viewing....he was out of position or coming in late with a cheap shot (or already on the bench because his coach had enough of the "walking PF").

What games did you watch?

Legend
Legend
Some random Pac-X games at night while sitting around the house. It was around the game he laid a cheap shot on a QB and then helped him up after an interception. That raised my awareness to his name.....then whenever they were on TV, I'd turn it on to watch him.

I was never impressed. And it seemed like he was always getting PF flags thrown at him (or out of position).

Maybe he's really good but immature and stupid. But from what I've seen, nothing says "bigtime NFL LBer to me" other than his unique name.

[Linked Image]

A
Legend
Legend
A
I haven't watched ANY of his games. I did see a highlight clip though. And I must say, after watching his "highlights", I remember thinking "geez, if those were highlights, I wonder what he's like on most plays."

The dude was easily blocked in his HIGHLIGHTs. Over runs, misses tackles - and yes, this was on a HIGHLIGHT film of him. It was posted on here a while back - month or so? Don't remember for sure.

He had a few blow up hits, but trust me, those didn't make up for his over pursuits, his under pursuits, his getting easily blocked by one person or his missed tackles.

He's a high motor guy. But his technique, I guess, leaves a lot to be desired.

Now, that is based on ONE highlight film I saw of him. Nothing more, nothing less. I am not an nfl scout. (neither is anyone else on here, but that doesn't stop some people from acting like it.........) I don't know what the linebacker draft looks like this year, but if he's a first round pick, I'd venture to say the linebacker draft is somewhat weak. That, or he'll get drafted by a team that has about every position covered on d, and they're looking for a diamond in the rough and can afford to take a huge chance on him.

JMO

Legend
Legend
Good point Arch.....he may be something special, but it's probably a project pick. I would be shocked if someone took him in the first or second round. I don't think you draft incomplete players that need work in the top two rounds.....you expect immediate starters in week 1.

[Linked Image]

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
RGIII to Wright for TD....

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
You guys are certainly entitled to your opinion and I respect that just like you should be able to accept my opinion that RG3 is the next Akili Smith. But to call the guy a project is ridiculous. He will be a first round pick and think he will be selected in the teens when it is all said and done and as of now is a lower first round pick. Projects don't get picked in the first round..He needs to play with more control but you really are reaching if you question his ability..He makes mistakes..and will but his ceiling and what he could bring to a team is worth more more than what you are considering.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Here is my mock draft for our first three picks:

1. Andrew Luck

Which are you? An Indy Colts or St. Louis Rams fan?

C
Legend
Legend
C
If the Rams draft Luck they have a death wish.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

If the Rams draft Luck they have a death wish.

I still think they are more likely to take him than Indy. Somebody please explain this "they have too much money invested in Bradford" because everybody accepts it, and their seems to be nothing behind it.

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 12/29/11 11:37 PM.

~Lyuokdea
C
Legend
Legend
C
It's not the money they have already spent on Bradford. It's the cap hit they would take if they got rid of him. And I don't think it would go over well with either Luck or Bradford to have two QB's of the future.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

It's not the money they have already spent on Bradford. It's the cap hit they would take if they got rid of him. And I don't think it would go over well with either Luck or Bradford to have two QB's of the future.

Right - except that they have more cap room than any other team in the NFL ($35 Million) - in fact, they are kind of in a bind because they can't be more than around $15 million under the cap starting next year (due to the new CBA).

So they really need to purposefully make some move which kills their cap room (for a year), rather than try to save room.

It all depends on what the new regime in STL thinks of Bradford when they come in and do their evaluations.

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 12/29/11 11:42 PM.

~Lyuokdea
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

It all depends on what the new regime in STL thinks of Bradford when they come in and do their evaluations.

I agree with that. But whoever the Rams hire probably thought Bradford should have been the #1 pick a couple of years ago.

Last year Bradford had a stellar [rookie] year for a crap team. This year he was injured for much of the year. He is still the same guy that was drafted #1 overall two years ago.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
I gotta chime in and say that any chatter coming from any source which even hints that bradford could be dumped is talking just to talk. There is no way in hell the rams would ever seriously consider dumping a guy that was everything they could have hoped for as a rookie, when he followed that up with an injury plagued season behind a line that couldn't block and no receivers worth mentioning.

That one is the stone-cold lock of the century...of the week.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Danny Amendola really helped Bradford out a ton last year. He isnt a big name WR but he caught alot of passes from Bradford. He was hurt and missed the season...could be a factor in Bradfords dropoff this year......either way i dont see them throwing in the towel on a "rookie of the year qb". If they have the pick they will take the best offer on the table. And I wouldnt be against making the deal, as long as we dont have to sell the farm to get him, and are active in FA to get him some legit weapons. Im talking Garcon, and/or DeSean Jackson. We are going to be in a position to spend, spend, spend this off season. So Heckert needs to get out there and work his magic if that is the route we go with in the draft.

Last edited by Tubby_Dawg; 12/30/11 12:25 AM.

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
Amendola and Clayton were both hurt early. (both in the 1st 2 or 3 games)

They drafted Salas, and he only played 6 games before he went on IR. (and he had 27 catches in 6 games)

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

I gotta chime in and say that any chatter coming from any source which even hints that bradford could be dumped is talking just to talk. There is no way in hell the rams would ever seriously consider dumping a guy that was everything they could have hoped for as a rookie, when he followed that up with an injury plagued season behind a line that couldn't block and no receivers worth mentioning.

I should add that I think Bradford is a good QB - I would not dump him, and I'd certainly take the draft picks instead.

~Lyuokdea
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Right, so I look for him to have a bounce back year next season. And what better way to help that along by getting him some more weapons. Then again the same could be said about Colt. But then again Bradford vs. McCoy isnt even a thought on who the better QB is.

Point is I dont think either the Colts or the Rams will take Luck......Peyton Manning is the Colts! Just like Chas Michael Michaels is figure skating! lol

I think the backlash of cutting Manning or trading him would be too much for them to even think about doing it. And they already have a bunch of guys they need to resign so they can make their push for another ring before Manning hangs up the cleats to take over the headset as a head coach somewhere.

#brownsgoodkarma
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

This isn't about Colt, it's about Bradford.

Legend
Legend
There's a difference between a guy having (and losing) decent receivers, and a guy just not getting the job done.

It hasn't mattered what receivers McCoy has. Bradford started out with 2nd string guys and then lost them.

Legend
Legend
I think that there is no way the Colts pass on Luck if they have the chance to get him.

If Manning is hurt, (and it doesn't appear that he will return) then I think that the Colts draft Luck, cut Manning, and never look back.

Manning has been the Colts .... but if the team does not feel that he will be able to come all the way back, then they grab Luck if they have the chance.

Hell, the Colts went from Collins to Painter to Orlovsky. Orlovsky has played just well enough for them to win 2 of his 4 starts.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I know what you are saying, and was saying the same thing. Bradford is a good QB and worth being built around.....McCoy has proved that he is nothing more than a spot duty backup.

Bradford took a guy like Amendola and made him a legit WR....that guy wouldnt even get a chance to catch a ball here with McCoy behind center.

Manning and Bradford are both safe on their teams....and I dont think either team will take Luck. The Browns have to realize that QB is a need, and if you have the chance to land a franchise QB you do it....it just so happens to be that there are two in this convo....Luck or RG3 and I am happy! Id be more than ok sitting back and watching what falls to us then to sell the farm just for one player

#brownsgoodkarma
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Fisher takes over the first thing he is going to do is trade down and build their trenches.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
I think it's possible that the Colts take Luck (I don't think they should, but that's different) - but I think it's the worst possible situation for Luck:

1.) The team is not that talented, as shown by their record after they lose possibly the best QB in NFL history.

2.) They are old --- we're not even talking about a traditional rebuilding team (young talent that will take a few years to grow together and become competitive) - this team is stuck in win now move with a roster that would only win 5-6 games with an average QB.

3.) He's following in the footsteps of Manning - and as much as I like Luck (clearly the top QB in the last 7 years), he will NOT be better than Manning.

~Lyuokdea
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) 2012 Draft Continued Again

Link Copied to Clipboard