Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Finally some Cap Hit Numbers on Bradford...

Trading Bradford to draft quarterback makes no sense for Rams

By Howard Balzer | NFLDraftScout.com

ST. LOUIS -- Please, stop the madness now. Let's not spend the next four months debating whether the St. Louis Rams should select a quarterback with their high pick in the 2012 draft and trade Sam Bradford.

These rumblings were being heard over the past several weeks, but gained traction when Monday Night Football analyst Jon Gruden said recently if a new coach was hired by the Rams they would have to give serious consideration to finding a better quarterback than Bradford. Gruden, of course, specifically mentioned Stanford's Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III of Baylor.

It's hard to tell whether Gruden really believed what he was saying or if he was tweaking fellow analyst Ron Jaworski, who is high on Bradford. Following Gruden's comment, Jaworski lauded Bradford again, and Gruden had that sly, Chucky grin on his face.

Since Gruden's comment, the "trade Bradford" bandwagon has grown. The salary cap ramifications are one major impediment to a deal, but the idea makes no sense on a basic talent evaluation level.

While Luck, and even Griffin, are the flavors of the month, if all three were in the draft at the same time, Bradford could very well be rated as the best of the bunch. At the least, it would be a good debate.

So, believing that the evaluation would be very close, why trade a quarterback who already has 26 games under his belt, has shown his ability and in whom you have already invested $30 million?

As for the salary cap, a Bradford trade on or before June 1 would mean a $14.4 million dead-money cap charge for the Rams. If he was traded after June 1, the hit would be $3.6 million in 2012 and $10.8 million in 2013.

On the roster in 2012, Bradford counts $15.595 million against the cap and his base salary is $12 million guaranteed. The final three years of his contract are worth a total of $36 million with $8 million of his $9 million 2013 salary guaranteed.

While the $14.4 million hit isn't that much different than his cap charge on the roster, that would still be dead money for a player no longer on the team.

It also can be argued the Rams would have less leverage trying to trade Bradford because of those high salaries.

However, they would likely have significantly more leverage as the draft approaches to make a deal as teams start falling in love with the incoming class and the lower salaries they will command compared to Bradford.

The new, hard rookie pool resulted in quarterback Cam Newton, this year's first overall pick, receiving a four-year contract worth a shade over $22 million. Newton's signing bonus was $14.5 million and his base salaries are $375,000; $1.376 million; $2.377 million and $3.378 million. There is an option for the fifth year that has to be exercised after the end of the third year, but most high picks that prove worthy will likely sign contract extensions before they ever get to that fifth year.

With the overall salary cap in 2012 expected to be very close to the 2011 total of $120.375 million, the rookie contracts will also be very similar to 2011.

Assuming Griffin enters the draft, the Rams should be in an excellent spot to build around Bradford with extra choices, even if they wind up with the second pick in the first round.

If the Rams lose to the 49ers on Sunday, they can't pick any lower than second. The scenarios:

• Rams lose, Colts lose to Jacksonville: Colts pick first, Rams second.

• Rams lose, Colts win: Rams pick first, Colts second.

If the Rams win, it doesn't matter what the Colts do. Win or lose, Indianapolis would pick first. However, the Rams would pick third if they win and the Vikings lose to the Bears, which would give Minnesota the second selection.

This assumes the Rams don't make up a five-game differential in strength-of-schedule percentage with the Vikings, which is unlikely.

If the Rams pick second, either the Colts will select Luck or trade the pick to a team that wants him. The Rams would still be in position to swing a deal with a team that wants Griffin, if he is rated that high and there are no other highly-rated quarterbacks. Currently, Cleveland, Jacksonville and Tampa Bay have four wins, while Miami and Washington have five. It's conceivable the Browns, Dolphins and Redskins would be in the market for a quarterback.

Obviously, the best result would be for the Rams to have the first pick. That could lead to a double trade down. Trade with Indianapolis, if they want Luck, and do the best deal you can for moving down just one spot. Then, deal the second pick in what would hopefully be a seller's market to multiple teams that desire Griffin.

That should provide a collection of picks this year and in future years that will fill several of the holes on the roster and improve the offense around Bradford. Whatever the package, it's probable that it would be more than the Rams would acquire for Bradford.

Go Browns!!!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

On the roster in 2012, Bradford counts $15.595 million against the cap and his base salary is $12 million guaranteed.

That $12 million would have to be paid by the team that trades for him.... so, someone would have to look at him and conclude that he is worth $12 million a year.

That makes you wonder - if some team would honestly think that of this guy, then he must be good enough to warrant it... so why the hell would he be on the trading block anyway?

As for Gruden.... dude's an idiot. Never liked him and he is about the LAST person I'd ever trust on QB evaluations.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Gruden has liked just about every QB that has traveled to spend time with him prior to the draft.

Actually, I can't think of any that he hasn't liked.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I know, he's like a toddler with someone dangling keys in front of him.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Yeah. I swear that I think I heard him say "Oooh ....... Shiny ....." once in response to a question about a QB.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Just listen to the guy call a MNF game. He loves just about every player, let alone QB, that just made a play.

"I like [insert name here]."

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Here's some very early draft thinking:

1. Im fine one way or the other as far as the Jags vs Colts game goes: Jacksonville wins we likely pick #3. Colts win then St. Louis gets the #1 pick and are highly likely to trade it giving us a shot at Luck.

2. I'd give up a lot to get Luck, but not too much. Both this years firsts and next years with some possible later rounds would be my offer. But I have a feeling a team like Washington is going to sell the farm (3-5 first rounders, multiple 2nd and 3rds as well) to grab him. Think the San Diego- Giants trade in 2004. For Eli Manning the Giants traded Phillip Rivers (#4 overall), 2005 1st round pick, their high 2nd rounder, and a 5th. Eli was hyped but nowhere near as much as Luck. San Diego used that draft to turn themselves into a constant contender and I still believe had they kept Marty, resigned Brees as he wanted, and traded Rivers they'd have won a superbowl by now. St. Louis will try to do the same.

3. As far as our first pick goes, for me its either grab Luck, or trade down. If we can't get Luck I say get Colt some more weapons this year and see how he does. If RG3 is there when we pick I'm fielding calls from Miami, Washington, whoever and offerng the pick to them for some good value (1st or 2nd rounders preferably) and then taking BPA somewhere in the 6-10 range (Richardson, Blackmon, Floyd, Couples) and then with the 1b pick or 2nd rounder we need to grab a RT if we can't get one in FA. Let Pinkston and Luavo fight it out for RG. I doubt he makes it that far but I'd love to get K.Wright at 1b.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
if we can't grab luck then i'd wanna trade down but ONLY if it buys us 2 picks within the top 50 *this year* at least. Then it would be 3 picks within the top 50 including a 1st at least... not sure if there are any teams that have a 1st and early 2nd to accomplish that though

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
If it's top 50 then it would essentially be any team in the top 18. Then we could take their first (roughly number 18) and their second (18th of 2nd round, aka 32+18 = 50) ... it would definitely be doable...

"Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things."

@pstu24
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If it's top 50 then it would essentially be any team in the top 18. Then we could take their first (roughly number 18) and their second (18th of 2nd round, aka 32+18 = 50) ... it would definitely be doable...

R u outta your flippen mind???

Go down to 18 for a lousy 50 pick in round 2???

This would be for RGIII and ONLY him...And it's costing a 2013 FIRST ROUNDER too...And then some...

Go Browns!!!
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Did I once suggest that I wanted to do it....?

I simply was responding that trading down with anyone before #19 should net us 2 picks in the top 50....

Never advocated it ...

"Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things."

@pstu24
J
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J
Another possibility of a trade partner could be Denver if Tebow doesn't get it done and Elway thinks RG3 can (and they pick at 18) that might be too far of a drop unless somehow we get their #1 next year as part of the deal....

Now, if RG3 is on the board this year when our pick is up...and Miami or Washington want to swap firsts this year...and give us their 2nd and 3rd this year, I would be up for that (draft Richardson in the 10-12 range)...

The only way I would drop that far is to trade for both of Cincinnati's first round picks this year. According to the NFL Draft Point Value Chart, if we get the 4th or 5th pick overall...it would be fair to trade to Cincinnati for their 2 first rounders this year and maybe a 2nd this year or next...

Thoughts??

Legend
Legend
I think that we will regret it if we pass on RG3.

Denver has already stated that they are committed to Tebow next season.

Report: Tebow Broncos starter in 2012 regardless - CBSSports.com
http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34095382

Denver and Kansas City square off on Sunday with plenty at stake: the Broncos want to win the AFC West, and the Chiefs want to give Kyle Orton redemption for being benched and released by Denver earlier this year. Reportedly not at stake, though? Tim Tebow's job as a starter.

That's according to NFL.com's Jeff Darlington, who reports that Tebow is locked as the starter for Denver in 2012, regardless of whether or not the Broncos make the playoffs.

"Sources have indicated, regardless of the outcome Sunday, the Broncos plan to move forward with the mindset that Tebow will remain the team's starter in 2012," Darlington wrote Friday.

Darlington's also got a juicy nugget about the relationship between Orton and Tebow. The Broncos quarterbacks have a fine system that keeps each other accountable (this is common among NFL position players) and the group began fining Tebow when fans bought billboards demanding that Orton be benched and Tebow get starts.

Though this ultimately happened, it pretty clearly created a rift and explains why the Broncos let Orton go. (Darlington also reports that allowing Tebow to have "better control of the locker room" was a deciding factor in Orton's release.) But if letting Orton go ultimately costs the Broncos a shot at the playoffs, it's simply an indefensible decision.

A totally defensible one is keeping Tebow ingrained as the starter. There are many reasons for this. He's under contract in 2012. He won games. He could progress as a passer. There won't be a franchise quarterback available when the Broncos draft next April. Using picks to trade up grab a quarterback ignores other needs. The Broncos are still technically "rebuilding," and drafting defensive players would serve them better. Tim Tebow is an absolute cash cow for the team. Giving him a vote of confidence now only decreases the scrutiny on the situation leading into the final parts of this season.

The list could go on for a while. Which is why it makes a lot of sense for the Broncos to have already arrived at the decision that Tim Tebow's their starter in 2012. Even if their 2011 starter manages to knock them out of the playoff hunt.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I agree Ytown.....Heckert has come out and said he is going to be looking for playmakers.....RG3 is about as much of a playmaker as there is in this draft.

1a. RG3
1b. Michael Floyd
2. Chase Minnifield
3. LaMichael James

4 picks, 4 play makers....then go after DeSean Jackson in FA and Boom instant O!

#brownsgoodkarma
J
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J
Quote:

I agree Ytown.....Heckert has come out and said he is going to be looking for playmakers.....RG3 is about as much of a playmaker as there is in this draft.

1a. RG3
1b. Michael Floyd
2. Chase Minnifield
3. LaMichael James

4 picks, 4 play makers....then go after DeSean Jackson in FA and Boom instant O!

Thanks YTown...Didn't see that about Denver

I think Floyd will be off the board by 1B and really wasn't too impressed with how he did last night. Struggled against press coverage (granted, there was help over the top) and I just read somewhere seems to be injury prone...

I would (100%) be all for taking Wright there (if we don't take Blackmon with 1A which I am beginning to hope H&H lean more towards Claiborne). He caught everything thrown to him and got behind corners playing 10 yards off of him and safeties playing 20 yards off the line of scrimmage last night...He is Mike Wallace clone minus about an inch and he will run sub 4.45 at the combine...That is the kind of speed and hands we need to open up the field on our offense!

If we do go RG3 and Wright...has that ever been done in a draft...taking a QB and the #1 WR in the same draft from the same school???????

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

1a. RG3
1b. Michael Floyd
2. Chase Minnifield
3. LaMichael James

With all due respect, but this would be a boom/bust draft with any pick you listed....

Floyd would be off my board for multiple reasons (character being on top, but also inconsistency and injuries), Minnifield is a little overrated, probably because of name...I like him but there will be better CBs on the board in the top of the 2nd....James is a change of pace RB, not useable inside in the NFL, goes down easily....I like him, but I'm sure there are better players on the board in the top of the 3rd

Here's a "safe" draft with only DE, WR, CB...probably mix in a risky QB somewhere but 1 boom or bust, esp. at QB, would be acceptable

1a WR Blackmon/ CB Claiborne
1b CB Dennard/DE Ingram
2a WR Wright/DE Curry/CB Gilmore
3 WR D.Jones/DE Branch/CB Judie

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
Quote:

1a. RG3
1b. Michael Floyd
2. Chase Minnifield
3. LaMichael James

Drools.

Offense.

I'm not sure if RG3 is a good fit for us but damn...talk about rebuilding the O overnight!

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

1a. RG3
1b. Michael Floyd
2. Chase Minnifield
3. LaMichael James

Yuk yuk yuk. I pray Heckert does not do this! RG3 is a miss, Floyd will not be able to get seperation and is essentially everything we have had here. Lamichael James..No Thanks I don't want 150 pound RB.. It's like the Mighty Mights Team.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
I'd rather avoid risks, especially in Round 1. I the RG3 story, but there's big whiff potential there. I'd rather (barring a reasonable deal for Luck), go Kalil or Claiborn first. They cannot miss and would be instant quality starters. 1B maybe Mercilus or Kendall Wright, again instant starter. I think it is a more sure thing to take a QB like Jones or Tannehill in Round 2 and give Shurmur and the Walrus a year or so to develop him. That guy is more likely to be a sure thing in 2013 than boom or bust RG3. I also don't like LaMichael James because of his size. He can't be a bell cow, and we have plenty of those complementary RBs.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

I'd rather avoid risks, especially in Round 1. I the RG3 story, but there's big whiff potential there. I'd rather (barring a reasonable deal for Luck), go Kalil or Claiborn first. They cannot miss and would be instant quality starters. 1B maybe Mercilus or Kendall Wright, again instant starter. I think it is a more sure thing to take a QB like Jones or Tannehill in Round 2 and give Shurmur and the Walrus a year or so to develop him. That guy is more likely to be a sure thing in 2013 than boom or bust RG3. I also don't like LaMichael James because of his size. He can't be a bell cow, and we have plenty of those complementary RBs.

I can go with that..I would rather have Cousins but that is just preference. Claiborn isn't as good as #1 CB's in years past such as Haden and Peterson etc but he is the best in this class. I think most years he would go down in the teens or be 2nd or 3rd best CB. The WR's are weak up top this year. Blackmon is productive and consistent. I just worry if it will translate. Kendall Wright adds a dimension that we lack. A burner that gets separation and makes plays. He would be our #1 with Little being a #2 and Norwood being a slot. MoMass won't be able to make another roster in this league. The Wiff Potential On RG3 is huge. Not a chance I would sniff him but would like to take advantage of a desperate team. He is going to Capitalize on his fast rise to the top of the draft this year because chances are he knows going back that he could fizzle out. If he knew he could go back to school ala Luck and come out and be the #1 pick in the draft, why wouldn't he? Wouldn't that be a goal of yours?

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/31/shurmur-on-rg3-good-players-fit-in-every-offense/

The Browns are headed for a top-five pick in the draft, which already has Browns fans salivating over the possibility of drafting Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Griffin hasn’t declared for the draft yet, but he’s expected to in the coming weeks.

Browns coach Pat Shurmur, like Mike Shanahan, has already done some scouting.

“I’ve watched [Griffin],” Shurmur said this week via the Akron Beacon-Journal. “[He’s a] tremendous talent, good player.”

Asked if Griffin could fit into a West Coast offense, Shurmur was definitive.

“Good players fit in every offense,” he said.

The Browns drafted Baylor’s teammate Phil Taylor in the first round this year. Taylor says Griffin has more quarterbacking skills than people realize.

“He’s the type of athlete that could fit into any system,” Taylor said. “He can run, he can pass. He can take snaps under the center, shotgun; whatever you need, he can do. . . . They said the same thing about Cam — ‘Is he gonna adapt to the system?’ And he’s doing great right now with Carolina.”

Newton and Griffin have similarities, but they are still different style players. That won’t stop the inevitable and endless comparisons in the months to come.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Claiborn isn't as good as #1 CB's in years past such as Haden and Peterson etc but he is the best in this class. I think most years he would go down in the teens or be 2nd or 3rd best CB.

He has better cover skills than both Haden and Peterson and honestly to say otherwise is just bull. They were better return men but it is pure ignorance to say they have better cover skills.

Legend
Legend
Just as an FYI the Browns scouts have been to at least 2 Texas A&M games.

Maybe they like Tannehill?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Claiborn isn't as good as #1 CB's in years past such as Haden and Peterson etc but he is the best in this class. I think most years he would go down in the teens or be 2nd or 3rd best CB.

He has better cover skills than both Haden and Peterson and honestly to say otherwise is just bull. They were better return men but it is pure ignorance to say they have better cover skills.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that.. Ur just saying stuff now.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Quote:

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. It's how I feel. I like him so don't get me wrong, but if you think he will be better than Peterson or Haden that is How you feel and good for you.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. It's how I feel. I like him so don't get me wrong, but if you think he will be better than Peterson or Haden that is How you feel and good for you.

no.. i think Claiborne is NOT a better cover corner than Haden or Peterson.. I think he is good.. but not top 5 good..

I actually like Kirkpatrick better.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Sorry Turk, I noticed it was Mourg you were calling out who called me ignorant to think that Haden and Peterson were better talents coming out.

Last edited by LOYALDAWG; 12/31/11 02:14 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
no.. i think Claiborne is NOT a better cover corner than Haden or Peterson.. I think he is good.. but not top 5 good..

IN that case, you dont know what you're talking about either lol. Peterson and Haden were bigger and more physical but Claiborne has better feet, better hips and better ball skills. It is not even close.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

IN that case, you dont know what you're talking about either lol. Peterson and Haden were bigger and more physical but Claiborne has better feet, better hips and better ball skills. It is not even close.

better ball skills than Peterson? cmon man.. I'll leave a question mark on Haden w/ that.. but Peterson??

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Peterson has that great vertical and it allows him to make phenomenal plays on the ball. He can get to balls few can. Claiborne reacts quicker to the ball in flight. Both have excellent hands. I shouldnt have said better ball skills because both can make the opposition pay for targeting them but Caliborne is more dangerous in finding the ball and making the pick.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My turn

I will assume that we cannot move up to get Luck for a reasonable price (Whatever anyone considers reasonable).

I am not high on RGIII. Outside of Luck I like the Qb's in next year's draft (Bray, Wilson, Barkley) much better. So I trade out and get at least another 1st next year. Now don't crucify me for this but I wouldn't mind trading down twice. After Luck I just don't see the value. Is Claiborne that much better that Kirkpatrick or Dennard? Not knowing what we would get in return I won't include extra picks but let's just assume it is fair value and includes at least a 1st rounder next year and end up in the teens.

1a - Lamar Miller Rb Miami - I know many of you are against 1st round rb's but I think you can all see how our defense is different with a running game now that Hillis is healthy and playing better. And I don't think Hillis re-signs with us. While not the pure runner that Richardson is he is a good pass catcher and adds some explosion to our backfield (and offense in general). Any time he touches the ball he is a threat to take it all the way. Whether that is from a handoff or pass in the flat. I think he will compare favorably to LeSean McCoy and will fit into this offense perfectly.

1b DE - Whitney Marcellis Illinois or Melvin Ingram South Carolina - I think a DE paired with Sheard will give a a formidable Dline. Either of these guys can become a pass rushing force at RDE which will dramatically improve our

2a - Greg Fuller WR Texas A&M - Ugh not another 2nd round WR. Gives me creeps even suggesting it. While not a pure burner he can be a deep threat because he is fast enough and he has the ability to go up over the defender and get the ball. I could be talked into Adams or Adcock to man RT or Kendall Wright if he is still here.

3 - RT - I doubt Adcock falls this far but there should be some good RT's available that can be plugged into our starting lineup and solidify the position for years. I like Ricky Wagner, 6-5, 325, Wisconsin, Bobbie Massie, 6-6, 315, Mississippi or Matt Reynolds, 6-5, 330, BYU here.

4a - Jarius Wright Wr Arkansas - We get our speed burner here.

4b - Danny Trevethan OLB Kentucky - You guys sold me on him and we need and outside LB.

After that too speculative. So best talent available.

I think we upgrade our offense with some real playmakers at Rb and Wr. We solidify our oline. I think the offense is set except Qb which we get next year. Yes I really want to upgrade the Qb position this year but I don't want to grab a Qb that I don't have faith in just because we need a Qb. Plus this give our young Wr corp a chance to get experience and learn the NFL and the offense. And we get a year for the oline to gel. A lot of people talk about how SF spent 2 1st rounders on oline in 2010 but nobody seems to remember how poor their oline was last season.

On defense we solidify our dline and upgrade OLB. We don't upgrade at safety like we need to but I just don't see a FS in this draft that can do it. We might need a MLB if we don't get D'Qwell resigned. Do we franchise him if we need to? We have no depth at LB.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
If we drafted Fuller in the 2nd round I'd be PISSED!!!! If he gets drafted high its only b/c of his size.. He doesn't have good speed, and has mental lapses catching passes.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

1a. RG3
1b. Michael Floyd
2. Chase Minnifield
3. LaMichael James

With all due respect, but this would be a boom/bust draft with any pick you listed....

Floyd would be off my board for multiple reasons (character being on top, but also inconsistency and injuries), Minnifield is a little overrated, probably because of name...I like him but there will be better CBs on the board in the top of the 2nd....James is a change of pace RB, not useable inside in the NFL, goes down easily....I like him, but I'm sure there are better players on the board in the top of the 3rd

Here's a "safe" draft with only DE, WR, CB...probably mix in a risky QB somewhere but 1 boom or bust, esp. at QB, would be acceptable

1a WR Blackmon/ CB Claiborne
1b CB Dennard/DE Ingram
2a WR Wright/DE Curry/CB Gilmore
3 WR D.Jones/DE Branch/CB Judie

I didnt want to Draft LaMichael James for an everydown back, I want us to resign Hillis and use James to spell him.....3rd round would be good value for someone with his skill set IMO

#brownsgoodkarma
C
Legend
Legend
C
I wouldn't draft James as an everydown back either, but I wouldn't be surprised if he develops into an everydown back.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

2011 Game Log Rushing Receiving
DATE OPP RESULT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD
9/3 @LSU L 40-27 18 54 3.0 13 1 6 61 10.2 16 0
9/10 Nevada W 69-20 12 67 5.6 22 1 2 56 28.0 44 1
9/17 Missouri State W 56-7 12 204 17.0 90 3 1 27 27.0 27 0
9/24 @ Arizona W 56-31 23 288 12.5 47 2 2 15 7.5 8 0
10/6 California W 43-15 30 239 8.0 53 1 0 0 0.0 0 0
10/15 Arizona State W 41-27 Did not play or did not accumulate any stats.
10/22 @Colorado W 45-2 Did not play or did not accumulate any stats.
10/29 Washington State W 43-28 13 53 4.1 16 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
11/5 @Washington W 34-17 25 156 6.2 22 1 1 6 6.0 6 0
11/12 @Stanford W 53-30 20 146 7.3 58 3 1 10 10.0 10 0
11/19 USC L 38-35 20 78 3.9 9 1 1 5 5.0 5 0
11/26 Oregon State W 49-21 24 142 5.9 39 1 1 6 6.0 6 0
12/2 UCLA W 49-31 25 219 8.8 43 3 2 24 12.0 14 0

Looks like he can handle the load to me, but I want to use him as a change of pace back for when Hillis needs a break.

#brownsgoodkarma
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I haven't seen a lot of Fuller but the plays I saw where the ball was thrown his way he went up and got it over the defenders. He didn't seem slow. But I would defer to others who have seen more of him. Substitute another WR Sanu or perhaps take Adams or Adcock here, then take Jarius Wright in the 3rd. When I finished that post I started thinking that Wright might not make it to the 4th round and I would really like to make sure we get him.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
I like this guy too.. He's a burner and should be there in the 4th round..

T.Y. Hilton - Florida International

1) i. Robert Griffin III – QB – Baylor
ii. Vontaze Burfict – LB – Arizona St.
2) Vinny Curry –DE - Marshall
3) Ricky Wagner – OT - Wisconsin
4) i. Cliff Harris – CB - Oregon
ii. T.Y. Hilton – WR – Florida International
5) Bernard Pierce –HB - Temple

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here we go...

Let's go Indy

Let's go Minny

Let's go Frisco

Go Browns!!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
ESPN reporting that RG3 will enter the draft.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Surprise , surprise ! The plot thickens ...

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) 2012 Draft Continued Again

Link Copied to Clipboard