Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,887
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,887
Quote:

Definitely, the differences between an album and an article are many, but as far as these laws are concerned, the restrictions around their distribution are the same.




I know that, that's why I said I was against the SOPA Bill. But I also said I would be in favor of them drafting/changing the laws to separate the two.

If I cross the street in the middle of the road it can be called jay walking and I can get a ticket, however if I cross at a crosswalk I'm ok. Both instances I am crossing the street one of them is done legally. Our laws can be written to make distinctions and until they do so I will be against any piracy laws. It's too much of a slippery slope.


[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 730
S
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
S
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 730
I understand that they can make a distinction between the piracy of different media, but I fail to see your logic as to why one is better/worse than the other. The only way for the Plain Dealer to make money on the Internet from their articles is if people go to their website. So why is it worse if people share music in the same way?

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
With how much copywritten material as appears on this site, this site would be DNS blocked so damn fast. ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC, CBS, ABC, and the NFL would all have sites like this on their hitlist because we allow the passing of news and knowledge that directly pertains to their business (by way of NFL related news), the NFL especially could easily claim that this site infringes on it's product and move to have it shut down and it would be without hesitation.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Quote:

With how much copywritten material as appears on this site, this site would be DNS blocked so damn fast. ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC, CBS, ABC, and the NFL would all have sites like this on their hitlist because we allow the passing of news and knowledge that directly pertains to their business (by way of NFL related news), the NFL especially could easily claim that this site infringes on it's product and move to have it shut down and it would be without hesitation.




And without any court order or anything else. They could do the same, just on their say so, as well as blocking payment through credit card processing and such.


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,189
S
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
S
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,189
jc

Good explanation of SOPA.



It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Breaking News - "Wikipedia Will Go Dark On January 18 To Protest SOPA And P

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5