Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Mourgrym #660121 03/20/12 08:15 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Some even suggested there might not be a fullback chosen in the lottery in two months. The success of Hynoski and others is both a blessing and a curse: An example to players that undrafted players can still make an impact, but also to talent evaluators that they can fill the fullback spot with low-round or undrafted players.

Or sometimes with players from other positions.

General managers used to suggest that some of the best tight end prospects were playing power forward in basketball. Well, some of the guys who will end up at fullback or H-back in the NFL were college tight ends.

SF rookie FB Bruce Miller played DE at Central Florida in college.

clevesteve #660122 03/20/12 08:44 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Eagles Trade For Texans LB DeMeco Ryans

Written By: Nate Bouda
|

March 20, 2012
|

Posted In:

Eagles
Texans

Jay Glazer reports the Philadelphia Eagles have just traded for Houston Texans LB DeMeco Ryans. Glazer adds that the Eagles will send a “mid-round pick” to the Texans for the middle linebacker.

John McClain mentions that the deal is contingent upon Ryan passing a physical.

While it may seem like the Texans lost out in this deal, Ryan was due a $5.9 million base salary for the upcoming season which likely impacted what they could get in return for him.

This move comes out of no where as many believed that the Eagles would address the position in free agency. Ryan has been a standout player when healthy and is clearly better than any of the available options in the free agent market. Philadelphia did a great job with this trade.

==========================
Huge draft implications as Kuechly will likely fall.

LOYALDAWG #660123 03/20/12 08:58 PM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Zebrie Sanders doing his best Tony Pashos impression.

Talk about taking plays off. That's just ridiculous! There are some on this message board that have suggested we take the guy. Not unless he gets that narcolepsy condition take care of.

LOYALDAWG #660124 03/20/12 09:06 PM
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Love the JGiels Band,best live show of them all.Hated the freeze frame song,so it's fitting the song belongs to Frostee now.
I guess it don't matter,he won't have enough sacks for the song to become annoying again.
Thankfully it isn't being played for every alledged rape he's been involved with,now that would drive me crazy.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
anarchy2day #660125 03/20/12 10:04 PM
N
Legend
Legend
N
the whole line didn't move. obviously the OC screwed up the count and snapped it on "one" instead of "two"

#gmstrong
Damanshot #660126 03/21/12 06:10 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

What the hell was he thinking

I think he had a turtle head and was afraid to move.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #660127 03/21/12 09:13 AM
Legend
Legend

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Washington Post

* Allen “talked about how excited they are about RG3 and how Griffin is glad it wasn’t Cleveland that moved up to number 2.”

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
not surprised...not even a little. We kill draft picks.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Washington Post

* Allen “talked about how excited they are about RG3 and how Griffin is glad it wasn’t Cleveland that moved up to number 2.”

I thought for sure I was gonna hear some stupid remark from RG3 (which would have surprised me cause he looks to be a pretty smart kid) and it turns out that Allen said that RG3 was happy about it...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Washington Post

This just tells me that the kid has a lack of confidence in his ability to come here and shoulder the load with a young team ... no doubt he though us to be a challenge and it sounds to me like maybe he really wasn't up to the task.

JM2C.

[Linked Image]

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
I called this a while back and sure enough a smelled a kid that wasn't humble and felt entitled and I was pretty close if you ask me. He is going to have a rude awakening soon when he figures out that he is not as good as he thinks he is. He will be wishing for the days of the Art Briles offense again. The best move we never made. I smell major collusion going on behind the scenes. Supposedly there are 3 top picks that their agents said they don't want to play for the Brown's. I would guess Luck and Griffin to be two of them. QB's have seen how we have treat QB's around here. It doesn't go unnoticed.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Part of me thinks it would be hilarious if the Colts drafted RGIII, thereby screwing the 'Skins. Then I realize that the 'Skins would still end up with Luck, so either way, they come out smelling like a rose.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

the whole line didn't move. obviously the OC screwed up the count and snapped it on "one" instead of "two"

So what? That doesn't explain him just standing there as the play goes on around him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What is it with you and I ... " I called this " .. stuff .. You have a chart on on you bedroom wall or what ?

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
That is only the second time I said that..ever. Because after that rumor that an agent said his client didn't want to play for the Brown's I said I thought it was Griffin and some said no way. I didn't need to put I called it.. I agree. Kind of like thinking out loud on here after I read it.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
You guys sound like a bunch of namby-pamby school girls.
He's in a Hooters with the owner and the HC,what would you prefer him to say
"gee I wish the Browns had wanted me bad enough to move up"
It means absolutely nothing,or even less if that's possible.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend
Quote:

This just tells me that the kid has a lack of confidence in his ability to come here and shoulder the load with a young team ... no doubt he though us to be a challenge and it sounds to me like maybe he really wasn't up to the task.

Or he thinks we suck and we've sucked for a long time and what we see as young he sees as continuing to suck and other QBs have come here and then disappeared off the map... but you can look at it however you want.

yebat' Putin
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
How about "I look forward to playing for the Redskins and no matter where I went I would aim to be the best player and an asset to the Organization."

Legend
Legend
Quote:

How about "I look forward to playing for the Redskins and no matter where I went I would aim to be the best player and an asset to the Organization."

Why is it that everybody complains about the PC world we all live in but as soon as somebody says something they don't like they long for the PC answer?

yebat' Putin
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. Seems like the kid was just cracking a joke

[Linked Image]
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Washington Post

Makes me hope he is Akili Smith reincarnated.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Washington Post

LOL... OK... Whatever.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Quote:

Why is it that everybody complains about the PC world we all live in but as soon as somebody says something they don't like they long for the PC answer?

Not sure. I personally don't care and he can say what he likes. I was just relaying the message and BC asked what he is supposed to say. If he wanted to be politically correct he could have sacked up and said he didn't want to be interviewed or drafted by the Brown's and relayed that directly to them. Really it doesn't matter, and am just thankful we didn't make that trade because I have as much confidence in him being a good QB as he does in the Brown's being a winner.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Doesn't surprise me. Let's face it, since we came back we've had:

2 winning records
1 playoff appearance
0 playoff wins

I doubt that anyone is going to be jumping for joy at the thought of playing here. Once we bring guys in and they learn about the city and the people/fans is when they fall in love with Cleveland (see Haden, Kyrie, etc.). Until then, we just look like a place that is not only hard to win in but isn't the sexiest city out there.

It's a bit surprising coming from RGIII though given that he seems to have to have "plus" character but when a guy comes out and says "I've always been the best at everything I've done", and then this, it makes you question how genuine the humility really is even if just a bit.

When we start winning games, people will be dying to come here. Until then... good thing the draft doesn't give them a choice.

We're... we're good?
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I think if we posted a list of EVERY player in the NFL to say or think, "I'm glad I'm not in Cleveland" some people's minds would just explode . . .

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
I agree It will be funny when the shoe is on the other foot when we are good. Guys nearing the end of their careers looking for a contract to be on a contender. Winning cures all.

Legend
Legend
Um... you guys realize that was the Skins' GM saying that Griffin said that... and saying it to some random dude in a Hooters in Texas, right?

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Yeah..Take it for what it is worth.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

I called this a while back and sure enough a smelled a kid that wasn't humble and felt entitled and I was pretty close if you ask me.

Based on what? Because Dan Steinberg says that Bruce Allen told him that RG3 told him...

Seriously?

Day-drinking is bad...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Or he thinks we suck and we've sucked for a long time and what we see as young he sees as continuing to suck and other QBs have come here and then disappeared off the map... but you can look at it however you want.

I'm the type of person who believes in making the best of any situation, so yes I do not look at it as we sux, but rather a challenge ... not to mention that the Redskins haven't exactly been world beaters either ... so what's your point?

Because the Redskins go all out for a quick fix and we are thinking of stability and the future and not haphazardly building a team on the fly.

I personally want a team and an organization with a strong foundation and not here today and gone tomorrow, because I put myself in a uncompromising position by going after every shinny new toy.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I called this a while back and sure enough a smelled a kid that wasn't humble and felt entitled and I was pretty close if you ask me.

Based on what? Because Dan Steinberg says that Bruce Allen told him that RG3 told him...

Seriously?

Day-drinking is bad...

Yeah ..... I mean, really? Seriously?

I was talking to this guy, who knows this other guy, who knows someone who can find Oklahoma on a map .... and he said that what Justin Blackmon said about the Browns pales by comparison ........

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Washington Post

JM2C.

Honestly, I think the kid is way to smart to have ever made that remark for public consumption.. it sounds more like Allen blowing his own horn...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Washington Post

JM2C.

Honestly, I think the kid is way to smart to have ever made that remark for public consumption.. it sounds more like Allen blowing his own horn...

I hope that's the case and perhaps you are correct.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 03/21/12 02:47 PM.

[Linked Image]

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Washington Post

JM2C.

Even if RG3 said anything remotely close to that, what else is he supposed to say to his new boss?

"Man, Bruce, thanks for giving me the opportunity, but if I HAD to choose between you and the Browns, well, I'm kinda indifferent. I'd have been just as happy in Cleveland as here. I can take Washington or leave it. By the way, make sure you have my bank account right when you send me my $10,000,000.00 signing bonus."

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Says Who? What I find funny is that some of the same guys that believe league sources as legitimate regarding the Griffin trade are some of the same one's that question legitimacy from a league source regarding him not wanting to play for the Brown's. Which is it?

Why would a fan from Washington make something up about Cleveland based on a conversation he had with Bruce Allen? What does he get out of it and at this point what does anyone get out of it? The only reason it is being talked about is because it was said. I don't care that he said it. The only ones that seem to care or negate this are the guys that really wanted Griffin or the ones that are stead fast not to believe everything you hear in the media.

My only take was that I believed Griffin to be that guy when the initial reports came out after the Combine. I don't care if you agree with me or not.

Look I really really don't care that he said it, if he said it. The Washington Post had it as a story so you don't believe them or however you feel.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Washington Post

JM2C.

Even if RG3 said anything remotely close to that, what else is he supposed to say to his new boss?

"Man, Bruce, thanks for giving me the opportunity, but if I HAD to choose between you and the Browns, well, I'm kinda indifferent. I'd have been just as happy in Cleveland as here. I can take Washington or leave it. By the way, make sure you have my bank account right when you send me my $10,000,000.00 signing bonus."

Exactly,, he made a comment that he'd go anywhere that made him thier pick. At one point he hadn't given up on going1st...

I really think the kid is too damn smart to say it the way Allen made it appear. I'd be very disappointed to find out otherwise..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I'd question if he even thanked them for trading up to the #2 spot. RG3, while it is unlikely, has stated many times he's trying to be the #1 overall pick and he still has his pro day coming up

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'd question if he even thanked them for trading up to the #2 spot. RG3, while it is unlikely, has stated many times he's trying to be the #1 overall pick and he still has his pro day coming up

His pro-day was today btw.

[Linked Image]

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
I'd file this under 'Not a big deal'.

Griffin is a sharp kid, it doesn't make him any less of a person if he said this or not. Nor does it make him any less of a competitor. He could of been currying favor with the team that is going to draft him, or based on the advice that was given to him perhaps he did not want to play in cleveland.

If true, this says a lot more about the current state of the Browns than it does about Griffin. Which sucks.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Draft Stuff

Link Copied to Clipboard