Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I'm not sure if this happens every year....

But it is Feb 20th here and I think discussing the draft is finished.

Pros and Cons covered, scenarios covered. Even once FA starts up and we see where Manning and Flynn go...we've discussed those scenarios already.

real dull the past few days. Might be that way until March 13th or mid april.

Legend
Legend
I don't think Manning is going anywhere right away...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'm not sure if this happens every year....

But it is Feb 20th here and I think discussing the draft is finished.

Pros and Cons covered, scenarios covered. Even once FA starts up and we see where Manning and Flynn go...we've discussed those scenarios already.

real dull the past few days. Might be that way until March 13th or mid april.

the Combine starts on Wednesday and there is sure to be much hyperpol to follow.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground either concerning the draft or FA

Yet something else we have in common. I work every Saturday and see only a few bits and pieces of college games here and there, which is why you don't see me posting on Draft threads. I prefer not to pretend I know something when I don't have a clue unlike so many others on here

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Classic misconception

The Draft is like stock market...you don't need to know (nobody really does anyway), just have a good feel and know who's judgement you trust...and lots of psychology involved

Nobody can tape scout 500+ prospects equally and not be biased...just got to know tendencies, patterns of who writes what he sees..sometimes you can make better judgements without ever having watchd a snap of a prospect...I'm living proof...we'd have a killer team would I have called the shots the last 5-6 drafts

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
You forgot to use the sarcasm font.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Well, lets hope he forgot to use the sarcasm font.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Well, lets hope he forgot to use the sarcasm font.

LOL I think he was serious

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Hehe, we had this discussion before on here...if you think Heckert or Holmgren watch 10+ games of 300+ prospects you're deluding yourself...that's why Savage was as frank to say he didn't know much about Beau Bell...you have area scouts, they do the detail stuff and file a prospect report...H&H read those...on high picks I'm sure they cross-scout a lot and come up with multiple reports and watch a lot of film too, but if you think they watch 300+ prospects for 30+h each (and that "just" be 1 season worth of tape), you're deluding yourself...I mean do the math...it's not humanly possible

I watch CFB, but that's never enough to have strong opinions...sure you tend to fall in love with the way some prospects play, but I actually consider this a downfall when it comes to rank those guys fairly at the end of the season. I can tell you that I read at least 5-7 very, very good TAPE reviews (I know when I read a c/p review and the internet is filled with them, so a good "filter" is needed) of at least 200+ prospects and I know who to trust on what etc. I know the "style" of writing of those guys and have a good feel when they're biased or too hard or giving players a pass.

I will take part in an annual 32 armchair GM mock that will last a month leading up to the draft and will post my results of past seasons (I can c/p them in here too or PM them if someone's interested)...I can tell you already that you will wish I would have called the shots those drafts, so my "system" works ...and again, I'm pretty positive that real GMs work the same way...just that they have much better (more detailed) reports and character background checks and interviews to go along with it

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
And more people care what they think. Just giving you a hard time.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
DJ,
There seems to be a double standard in this community. In that those who watch the NFL game feel it's okay to state their opinions and those who also watch and follow College football (astutely) are just a bunch of blow hard(s).

Funny how that works huh?

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Saw this video on ESPN and figured I'd share.

Click here for the video

The thing that struck me the most was just a few shots of him throwing downfield. I don't think Colt could ever make a throw like that. Granted, he is in shorts, but he looked good.

Last edited by TheJoker; 02/20/12 10:36 AM.

[Linked Image from i190.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
I ike the fact that he is so coachable, and picks things up quickly. Granted there is a difference between learning things on the practice field and translating that to the playing field, but given the improvement he made from last year to this year, I think that he can make a similar jump again to an NFL style of play.

Man I just hope it's here in Cleveland, because I would damn near bet money that this kid will be special.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I liked the video too.

He's got a more powerful base than I thought. I don't think Colt is squatting 700lbs. I still don't like his release but it's better than I've seen. He also was getting some of his lower body into his throws. Not all the rotational power but he was translating some of it.

I may be coming around on him.

He does seem like a coachable lad.

Man I wish he could go into a situation and sit for a year no matter what.

There are things that can be fixed that may make him a top level type guy. He's got some things you can't coach going for him too.

I just don't want to see him running around like Charlie Frye, freelancing and getting himself hurt.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
There is going to be a bidding war for this kid.. And I gotta tell ya, he may get some consideration from the Colts as well. At least there, he can sit behind Manning for a year. Almost anywhere else he goes, he's gonna start from day one.

One thing I have to ask.. One of the problems people talked about with Brady Quinn was how bulked up he was.. I believe the term used was musclebound. This kid is cut like Quinn was also.. why is it a problem for Quinn but not RG3?

Not for nothing, but I remember seeing predraft vids like this on Quinn and frankly, in shorts, he was just as impressive..

I honestly don't know what to think.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I too think theres gonna be more teams than one might expect trying to get that #2 slot to grab the kid.

Ive ran hot and cold on the kid and his bust potential but watching the video all I had to see (and hear) were the "Yes sirs"! I think mental state, humbleness and respect plays into this alot! I didnt see any "Im a star attitude" and I like it!
I can support us more going strong for him just by this video.
He's a likeable young man!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

One thing I have to ask.. One of the problems people talked about with Brady Quinn was how bulked up he was.. I believe the term used was musclebound. This kid is cut like Quinn was also.. why is it a problem for Quinn but not RG3?

Quinn bulked up to the point that he lost a lot of flexibility. RGIII is ripped but not bulky.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quinn bulked up to the point that he lost a lot of flexibility. RGIII is ripped but not bulky.

Exactly. I would bet that RG3 is far stronger than Quinn was (is) too.

Someone reminded me about Pat McManamon, so I decided to look him up on FoxSports and see what he thought about our Browns ......

And here's his latest thoughts ...... and he does bring up something I hadn't thought too much about ...... which is possibly keeping this year's 22 ..... and trading next year's #1 with some other picks from the mid/lower part of this year's draft. That could be a really interesting possibility. Imagine if we could get RG3 at #2, another big impact player at 22 ...... keep our 2nd rounder ....... and maybe even our 3rd .........

Man, grab a couple of impact players in free agency, along with 3 or 4 impact players from the draft, (including a franchise QB) and we could go from rebuilding to largely rebuilt in a year. That's actually a pretty exciting possibility. I do think that it starts with getting the QB right though.

Pat McManamon: Beside the Point
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/pages/beside_the_point

The Cleveland Browns have made a habit lately of trading down in the draft.

This year, if they trade, it might be up. That’s where the quarterback waits.

No matter the order, Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III are virtually guaranteed to go 1-2 when NFL teams pick in April. Most have Luck going to the Colts with the first pick — the smartest move for Indianapolis. The Rams pick second, which means St. Louis figures to be the recipients of a bidding war from teams that want Griffin.

That bidding war could include any team — there’s always a surprise — but Cleveland, Washington and Miami are quarterback-needy teams drafting in the top 10. The price will be enough to make a general manger double-clutch his Wheaties.

Think of such players as Eli Manning, Ryan Leaf (yes, Leaf), Mike Vick and Jeff George. All were drafted first or second, and acquired for a pickup truck full of draft picks.

Some teams use a chart that gives a point value to each draft slot, with the first overall pick traditionally worth 3,000 points and the second pick 2,600.

Cleveland’s fourth pick is worth 1,800 points, Washington’s sixth worth 1,600 and Miami’s ninth worth 1,350. Only the Browns have two first-round picks this year. They also have the 22nd selection, which they acquired from Atlanta a year ago on draft day. That pick is valued at 780 points.

Could the Browns get the second pick from St. Louis for those two picks?

Not likely. The value of their two picks is 20 points light. But more important, precedent shows it takes multiple picks or players to acquire quarterbacks on or near draft day, not two:

• 2004: San Diego sent Manning to the Giants for two first-round picks, one third and one fifth.

• 2001: San Diego sent the pick for Vick to Atlanta for first-, second- and third-round choices and wide receiver Tim Dwight. The Chargers then used the first-round pick to take running back LaDainian Tomlinson.

• 1998: San Diego traded with Arizona to move up one spot, from third to second, to take Leaf. The Chargers gave up two first-rounders, a second and two players (including Eric Metcalf).

• 1990: The Colts gave up first- and fifth-round picks, plus two Pro Bowl players (Andre Rison and tackle Chris Hinton) to move up to take Jeff George and get a fourth-round pick thrown in.

• 1985: The Browns gave up two ones, a three and a six to get the supplemental draft pick used to acquire Bernie Kosar.

Times change and demands change, but clearly the starting point for any deal would be three high picks, two of which are first-rounders.

Miami would have to start with first-round choices this year and next. The Miami Herald speculated a trade from nine to two would require three first-rounders.

Washington, too, would have to include next year’s No. 1 pick and perhaps this year’s second and next year’s third.

Cleveland might be able to avoid giving up both its first rounders this year — general manager Tom Heckert and president Mike Holmgren have gone on record saying they got extra picks to rebuild the team — but it would have to give next year’s No. 1.

That might be palatable to the Browns because they would be getting two first-round players this year. They also have an extra pick in the fourth round.

Much has to shake out. The Seahawks also need a quarterback, so they, Miami or Washington could sign a free-agent such as Peyton Manning or Matt Flynn. If Washington goes with a veteran, Cleveland’s bargaining position improves — because nobody else could guarantee the Rams a top-six player.

Trading up to take a quarterback does not always work, as the Chargers can attest.

It also costs a lot.

But it has great potential rewards. Just ask the Giants.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Quote:

Quote:

+1

There were a couple pictures of Quinn, and he looked like a gorilla, like "there's no way that guy's not juicing" type of look. Freakishly muscular and bulky. RG3 doesn't have the same look.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

• 2004: San Diego sent Manning to the Giants for two first-round picks, one third and one fifth.

• 2001: San Diego sent the pick for Vick to Atlanta for first-, second- and third-round choices and wide receiver Tim Dwight. The Chargers then used the first-round pick to take running back LaDainian Tomlinson.

• 1998: San Diego traded with Arizona to move up one spot, from third to second, to take Leaf. The Chargers gave up two first-rounders, a second and two players (including Eric Metcalf).

• 1990: The Colts gave up first- and fifth-round picks, plus two Pro Bowl players (Andre Rison and tackle Chris Hinton) to move up to take Jeff George and get a fourth-round pick thrown in.

• 1985: The Browns gave up two ones, a three and a six to get the supplemental draft pick used to acquire Bernie Kosar.

Why don't we ask the Chargers, Colt's or Atlanta? Jeff George, Ryan Leaf, Mike Vick? Those are the realistic possibilities of what we could end up with. Not a chance I want to take at all.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Why don't we ask the Chargers, Colt's or Atlanta? Jeff George, Ryan Leaf, Mike Vick? Those are the realistic possibilities of what we could end up with. Not a chance I want to take at all.

While true, we have to pull the trigger sometime, or all we're gonna continue to see is the same crap that we have been. IF they feel that RGIII is their guy, then go get him IMO.

As someone stated in here somewhere, if a sure thing is what your looking for, then the draft isn't for you.

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D

Go Browns!!!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

While true, we have to pull the trigger sometime, or all we're gonna continue to see is the same crap that we have been.

Exactly. You can't win the raffle if you don't buy a ticket.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
So you can mention all the busts (and I wouldn't consider Vick bust at all), but the players that made it don't count?

I am not for drafting RGIII but this is a very flawed argument. Just because drafting QB's have busted before doesn't mean no one should draft one. So the Colts shouldn't draft Luck because of Jeff George? The Panthers obviously shouldn't have drafted Cam Newton.

Like I said, I am not on the RGIII bandwagon, but if it is determined he is the guy then you have to do everything you can to get him. If think he's worth the 4th pick then he is worth trading up for. If he played any other position then I would say no. But QB is the most important position in any sport.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

QB is the most important position in any sport.

I think the golfer is the most important position in golf. Same goes for boxing and tennis and most other individual sports. But i digress.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Interesting, yeah...why don't we ask them...I think their GMs didn't whine like you do and went back and took another chance on a QB some drafts later...and look...now they have Rivers, Manning and Ryan

Also, what's your point? high picked QBs bust? BE, Warren, M.Williams, Gholston, Gallery etc etc happens at other positions too

Real GMs pick with their roster in mind and how they best can improve their team...if the draft was all about selecting the safest player you'd see a lot of MLBs, Gs and RBs in the top 10

#gmstrong

C
Legend
Legend
C
Is there a font color for snark?

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

So you can mention all the busts (and I wouldn't consider Vick bust at all), but the players that made it don't count?

I am not for drafting RGIII but this is a very flawed argument. Just because drafting QB's have busted before doesn't mean no one should draft one. So the Colts shouldn't draft Luck because of Jeff George? The Panthers obviously shouldn't have drafted Cam Newton.

Like I said, I am not on the RGIII bandwagon, but if it is determined he is the guy then you have to do everything you can to get him. If think he's worth the 4th pick then he is worth trading up for. If he played any other position then I would say no. But QB is the most important position in any sport.

I wouldn't consider Vick a Franchise QB either. He's not even with the same team that drafted him. You don't have to do everything to get him like you said. The Giants are the only one's that did and that was by default. Did Green Bay trade up to draft Rogers? Did Pittsburgh trade up to draft Roethlesberger? Let alone give up the farm for them. When you act in dire, things very seldom go right in any facet of life. So I don't know where some of you come up with that line of thinking because it is not true and has been fabricated to fit a certain viewpoint that frankly is flawed. You can ask the Giant's if you want, I just offered the alternative to him asking them. Griffin is nowhere near the QB Manning was coming out of College..not even close and Manning was almost written off after his first three years and if it wasn't for his draft status or ended up on a team like the Brown's or was a lower round QB or the Giants didn't have patience then he might have been. Teams like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England, etc. all let the QB come to them. They built their teams, were established in their philosophies and had the proper personell and weren't in a building process or just learning a system with young inexperienced players all around them. The fact that I want to stay as far away from Griffin even at four has a lot to do with him and my feeling that he will bust if he comes here but also because I have a different philosophy of building the team with high end talent, and being entrenched in a system with experience and cohesion and consistency first. Once the team can carry a young QB and help him be succesful then you can see if he has it or you find the guy that does and plug him in and he has a better chance of succeeding.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Interesting, yeah...why don't we ask them...I think their GMs didn't whine like you do and went back and took another chance on a QB some drafts later...and look...now they have Rivers, Manning and Ryan

Who is whining? You have a screw loose.. I didn't even read anything after that, because you clearly have a vendetta.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Is there a font color for snark?

Django or is it Django ehh?

Last edited by LOYALDAWG; 02/20/12 06:23 PM.

Legend
Legend
Look at the Panthers, who took Claussen in the 2nd, then still took Newton in the 1st. Claussen was just awful ...... and they could have said "Oh well, we have one bust on the roster, why risk another ...."

In the days before this latest CBA, it would have been difficult to take 2 QBs high within 2-3 drafts of each other. Teams were typically locked into pretty expensive contracts that made it difficult to do so.

We don't have to worry about that today.

Besides, we have seen busts at almost every position imaginable anyway.

We busted 2 QBs in Couch and Quinn.

We busted 2 DL in Brown and Warren.

We busted with Will Green.

Who can forget "Touchdown Tommy"? How about our 2nd round WR that year, Patrick Rowe ..... with 3 career catches? (and 1 fumble)

Who remembers Clifford Charlton?

Yeah .... we've busted a lot. It happens ..... and we've made it happen all over the field. We've never really found many of those superstars though. That's really what the NFL is today ...... a competent team with a few key superstars. Look at the Packers in 2010. They lost much of their team to injury ..... yet still managed to win a Super Bowl, because they didn't lose their most important key pieces.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A

Legend
Legend
Comparing anyone to Russel is highly ridiculous...

ESPECIALLY people that have already shown the desire to put work in and get better, which both Luck and Griffin have...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Comparing anyone to Russel is highly ridiculous...

ESPECIALLY people that have already shown the desire to put work in and get better, which both Luck and Griffin have...

Who's comparing the players?

I just posted links what what was written about JaMarcus Russell prior to him being drafted.

You're jumping to conclusions, OSGuy.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

I wouldn't consider Vick a Franchise QB either. He's not even with the same team that drafted him.

But he was a franchise QB for the team that did draft him.

Quote:

Let alone give up the farm for them.

Two first rounders is not exactly "the farm".

Quote:

Griffin is nowhere near the QB Manning was coming out of College

I would say he is near him. From everything I've learned about RGIII over the past couple months it seems that he is a pretty good passer.

Quote:

Teams like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England, etc. all let the QB come to them.

Pittsburgh, yes. Green Bay had no plans on drafting a QB, but pretty much had to with the way their board was constructed. New England? They totally expected their 6th round pick to be a franchise QB.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A

Robert Griffin III ready to talk at NFL combine

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - Robert Griffin III is looking forward to sitting down and talking with NFL executives and coaches during the NFL combine.

While they know about Griffin being the first Heisman Trophy winner from Baylor, and all the records and big numbers he put up, the quarterback realizes many still have questions about him and the Bears' potent spread-formation offense.

"I'm excited to wow them in the interviews with the type of offense that we run, just so they can understand it's not as simple as some people make our spread out to be. It's a different kind of spread,'' Griffin said. "Although I don't agree with it, but people say I just burst on the scene this year, so no one knows much about me, whether NFL GMs or analysts, so I get a chance to put my best foot forward.''

Griffin was in Fort Worth on Monday night to accept the Davey O'Brien Award that recognizes the nation's top quarterback.

When the NFL draft takes place in two months, Griffin wants to be the first quarterback selected even though most projections have Stanford's Andrew Luck going first overall to the Indianapolis Colts.

"We both want to be the best, we both want to be No. 1. Whether I get drafted first or not, it's not going to change the way I play,'' Griffin said. "All I can say, it's about motivation. You never want to feel like everybody thinks you're a sure thing in life because it can rob you of your motivation to go out and get better.''

Griffin insisted he has no hints of what might happen on draft day, but said when he went to Indianapolis during Super Bowl week that fans there were telling him they wanted him to come there. RG3 added that he hopes Peyton Manning stays in Indianapolis, because "he's a legend and deserves that.''

Along with the interviews later this week at the NFL combine, Griffin plans to run the 40-yard dash and do other drills.

But Griffin said he likely won't throw in Indianapolis. He will instead save that for his pro day March 21, which has been moved up a day to avoid going at the same time as the pro day for Luck, the Heisman runner-up.

Griffin has been working extensively with quarterback consultant Terry Shea preparing for the NFL combine and his pro day. They have done a lot of work on the dual-threat quarterback's foot work.

"Just getting used to the type of routes you have to throw at the next level,'' Griffin said. "Basically just trying to find the best way to allow my skills to shine, whether that's my quick release or just my ability to drive the football down the field.

"It's like a performance when it comes to your pro day and when you're throwing. It's exactly like a performance, you've just got to memorize the script and go out and execute to the best of your ability,'' he said. "Once you get drafted, you can go to your team and learn the grand scheme of things.''

Griffin set or tied 54 school records in 41 games at Baylor, which last season tied a school record with 10 wins - the other 10-win season was in 1980 during Mike Singletary's senior year. The Bears won their last six games in 2011, and the record-setting 67-56 victory over Washington in the Alamo Bowl was their first bowl victory since 1992.

Griffin is the school's career passing leader, completing 800 of 1,192 passes (67 percent) for 10,366 yards and 78 touchdowns with 17 interceptions. His 2,254 yards and 33 TDs rushing are records for a Bears quarterback.

Sure, those numbers were made possible by Baylor's offensive scheme. But Griffin said it was based on plenty of pro-style principles.

"At first glance, they see four or five wide receivers, a lot of motion, a lot of different sets of formations,'' Griffin said. "If you take it from that aspect, it's exactly the same things that the pros do, go two-tight, four wide and two tight ends, and tight end at running back like the Patriots do.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/fo...l#ixzz1mye5i2Hc

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

And some write-ups about JaMarcus Russell.

http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/nfl_draft_prospect/us/548?id=548

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2793098

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1147

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=17117&draftyear=2007&genpos=

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Sports_Line/ar/t299.htm

I'm not saying, just saying...

Griffin sure did make himself some money and the way he shot his draft stock up to the front of the line is nothing short of amazing. I can't recall a guy going from a 3rd round prospect with major flaws to an elite passer like him in one season. Everything about him screams buyer beware to me. If Heckert and Holmy think he can be good then I will buy it. It's not that I don't think a guy can improve because I do and obviously he has. Personally I would rather have Luck, Tannenhill and Weedon before him.

Draft Bible scouting report prior to this year.
2011 Preseason Skinny: The electrifying Griffin is an extremely quick footed and gifted athlete that is also an All American hurdler for the school’s track team. He has the quick twitch ability and excellent field vision to make him deadly as a scrambler in the open field. While Griffin is explosive, he lacks the strength on his throws to drive the football on a line to his receivers and he also has less than ideal height. His ability to scan through a defense is also lacking with some questionable decisions and even though he possesses some short range accuracy, he struggles with his placement on the deep ball. His athletic ability is very intriguing but he’ll need to improve his accuracy and timing throws before he can be considered an elite passer. However, some believe that a strong season could sway Griffin to forego his senior season and enter the NFL Draft. Source: NFL Draft Bible Big 12 Prospect Watch

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

I can't recall a guy going from a 3rd round prospect with major flaws to an elite passer like him in one season.

What about Cam Newton? I had never even heard of him before the start of the 2010 college season.

His scouting report doesn't matter prior to this year. Whatever questions there were about his arm, he answered them.

Legend
Legend
yeah, but... that was like, a year ago.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

Quote:

I can't recall a guy going from a 3rd round prospect with major flaws to an elite passer like him in one season.

What about Cam Newton? I had never even heard of him before the start of the 2010 college season.

His scouting report doesn't matter prior to this year. Whatever questions there were about his arm, he answered them.

His arm? Maybe.

His ability to be successful as a QB? We shall see.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Mayock Says Go Get RGIII...

Link Copied to Clipboard