Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#666330 02/29/12 01:44 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Oh man, this movie looks like it is going to rock!

I haven't gone to see a movie in a theater in years ...... but I think that this one will convince me to get out and enjoy an $8 Pepsi® or 2 , and $10 bags of popcorn.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
N
Legend
Legend
N
one of the few movies where going to the IMAX 3D and paying the $12/ticket that it costs to do that won't make me cringe.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Well, regular tickets today are how much now? I think that the last movie I went to was $8 .... and that was probably 4 or 5 years ago. $12 for IMAX doesn't sound horrible. (Assuming that IMAX is all I have heard it is)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Was that the one that was partially filmed in Cleveland?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Yep.

Hope they cleaned up after they left.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Well, regular tickets today are how much now? I think that the last movie I went to was $8 .... and that was probably 4 or 5 years ago. $12 for IMAX doesn't sound horrible. (Assuming that IMAX is all I have heard it is)

movie tickets here are $6.5 for matinee, $8 for evening, $11 for 3D, $12 for IMAX-3D (though it's not 'that' much different in most. the true curved screen IMAX movies are only in a few spots and too far a drive for me to know how much they cost)

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
WOW. This looks like it might be the best TRUE comic book movie ever made. When I say TRUE, I mean looks and feels EXACTLY like the books. There are many good ones, but they all take a lot of liberties like making them darker or sillier or more real-world.

The battle scenes in this look fantastic. My ticket was bought when I saw the Hulk save Iron-Man from hitting the building.

And somehow, seeing Black Widow . that Glock, I don't see a very mighty addition to the team. At least she's purty to say the least . . .

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

WOW. This looks like it might be the best TRUE comic book movie ever made.

yeah, and....

my favorite screenwriter wrote it (Joss Whedon - of Toy Story fame)
my favorite storyline (Avengers being my favorite superhero line from youth)
and was filmed partially in my favorite city

Is it May yet?

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Is it May yet?

That was a big surprise for me. I knew it was finally out this year, but assumed it would be June or July.

Sooner than I thought!

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Every superhero team needs a sneaky spy type, and a "normal" highly trained guy to go along with the super powered types.

The Justice League had Batman as the sneaky spy type, and Green Arrow as the highly trained guy. The Avengers have the Black Widow and Hawkeye in those roles.

Legend
Legend
The only thing I'm skeptical about is how they got Thor back into this dimension... With his bridge broken and all, I hope they don't just weasel their way through that...

Why are you wasting your time saving people when NATALIE PORTMAN HAS BEEN WAITING FOR YOU..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Wow! Y'all get your popcorn ready! I am DEFINITELY going to see this one. I love most of the comicsflix, but I have collected Marvel and liked them best since I was a kid. Hope it doesn't disappoint! Avengers, assemble!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

The only thing I'm skeptical about is how they got Thor back into this dimension... With his bridge broken and all, I hope they don't just weasel their way through that...

Why are you wasting your time saving people when NATALIE PORTMAN HAS BEEN WAITING FOR YOU..

they set that up with S.H.I.E.L.D. funding her research. but yeah, they are pretty much going to have to fly through their re-union to get to the main story.

#gmstrong
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

Quote:

they set that up with S.H.I.E.L.D. funding her research. but yeah, they are pretty much going to have to fly through their re-union to get to the main story.

This movie needs to be a two part-er or 3 hours long! I was not that interested in comic book translations into movies, but when I heard they were filming this in Cleveland I went ahead and watched all the previous movies (in order) just to see this flick. I was greatly surprised by all the movies and loved them all. I think we will be disappointed in how fast they piece it together. We won't be disappointed in the rest. Just my $0.02

"My signature line goes here."
Legend
Legend
I wouldn't bet on that too much, except in that I think that The Avengers will also be more of a genesis movie, like the others.

It is to simply set up their beginnings - and then there will be more Avengers movies later, as well as more movies in each character line... and those will just keep getting more involved, I'd expect.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Marvel really is putting out the best comic book adaptation movies right now. The Fantastic Four movies were pretty bad .... along with the 1st Hulk ..... but the Ghost Rider, 2nd Hulk, Spider-Man series, Iron Man movies, Captain America, and Thor (especially) have all been very good.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

I wouldn't bet on that too much, except in that I think that The Avengers will also be more of a genesis movie, like the others.

It is to simply set up their beginnings - and then there will be more Avengers movies later, as well as more movies in each character line... and those will just keep getting more involved, I'd expect.

Well in that case, I hope you are right, but how often can you pull that cast together to do more flicks?

Legend
Legend
Probably, to one degree or another, at least for the next decade. Almost every actor is very young with the lone exceptions being Samuel L. Jackson and Robert Downey, Jr. ... but both still have at LEAST 10 more years with their current looks to keep it rolling, which also buys time to set up a hand off to a next generation, if needed.

In 10 years, across what... 4 or 5 different franchises plus the Avengers label, they should easily be able to squeeze out almost another dozen movies total. Easily.

And as for keeping the same actors, they've already replaced Hulk - it was originally Ed Norton, Jr.

There is already Iron Man 3 coming and Hulk 2... I think Avengers 2 is already green lighted, as is Thor 2??
They're creating a monster

Browns is the Browns

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

There is already Iron Man 3 coming and Hulk 2... I think Avengers 2 is already green lighted, as is Thor 2??
They're creating a monster

According to Wiki, Thor 2 is a go.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

The Fantastic Four movies were pretty bad .... along with the 1st Hulk ..... but the Ghost Rider, 2nd Hulk, Spider-Man series, Iron Man movies, Captain America, and Thor (especially) have all been very good.

I agree on Fantastic Four.

Both Ghost Riders were absolute garbage. Unless the parts I missed after walking out of Ghost Rider 2 were any good. . .

I thought Daredevil stunk, too . . .

Legend
OP Online
Legend
I really liked the 2007 Ghost Rider. I thought it was really well done, and faithful to the comic.

I didn't see the 2nd one.

I thought Daredevil was OK. I mean, what are you really going to do with a blind guy with no real super powers?

Legend
Legend
I enjoyed the first Ghost Rider. Haven't seen the 2nd, either.

DareDevil.... what do you expect with Ben Affleck? Seriously.

Browns is the Browns

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Marvel really is putting out the best comic book adaptation movies right now. The Fantastic Four movies were pretty bad .... along with the 1st Hulk ..... but the Ghost Rider, 2nd Hulk, Spider-Man series, Iron Man movies, Captain America, and Thor (especially) have all been very good.

there have been alot of bad ones too. but most of the bad ones were done outside the Marvel-owned sphere (1st Hulk, Spider-Man 3 was Sony, Daredevil, Elektra, etc.)

I agree the current line straight from Marvel Entertainment has been fantastic.

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

how often can you pull that cast together to do more flicks?

as long as these movies keep raking in $$$, the actors will keep begging to get in them.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
X-Men 3, Wolverine, Daredevil and Elektra were all pretty bad IMO.

Don't get me started on the Fantastic Four. I own every issue of the FF from 195 - 500. Someone bought me the DVD for my birthday and I have yet to even put it in my player because I saw it in the theaters and I refuse to watch it. Never even saw part 2.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Tomorrow night for me!

Hulk SMASH!!!!

N
Legend
Legend
N
to get a ticket at Alamo Drafthouse (dinner theater here in Austin), I had to wait until Sunday morning. Sunday Brunch while watching the Avengers sounds pretty good though

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
their having a Marvel marathon at the Cinema at Richmond then the premiere ..cant smell a ticket

"Its too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence"
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

their having a Marvel marathon at the Cinema at Richmond then the premiere ..cant smell a ticket

Daredevil, Elektra, and the Ang Lee Hulk movies leading up to the Avengers?

think about how much better the Avengers would seem after sitting through 6 hours of those other movies

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I work with a lot of people in BA and I guess it was released there already (big holiday this past weekend).

This guy on my team, who is a big comic and Star Wars movie fan, said it was amazing. He said the Hulk was the best part. I guess they finally made him not look like Shrek.

...and I already asked, Scarlett Johansson leaves her clothes on.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Quote:

Daredevil, Elektra, and the Ang Lee Hulk movies leading up to the Avengers?

think about how much better the Avengers would seem after sitting through 6 hours of those other movies

LOL..hoping its Thor, Cap, Ironman 1 and 2, & maybe some X-Men or Spiderman

"Its too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence"
N
Legend
Legend
N
I'd assume they would want to do the backstory of the 4 main characters, so

Hulk
Thor
Cap'n
Iron Man (likely the 1st)

But, if you cap that off with the Avengers, then that is close to 10hours of watching movies. I don't think I could do that.

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
looks good!

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

to get a ticket at Alamo Drafthouse (dinner theater here in Austin), I had to wait until Sunday morning. Sunday Brunch while watching the Avengers sounds pretty good though

Are you an Aint It Cool talk-backer by any chance?

N
Legend
Legend
N
i have no idea what you just said. i don't talk during movies though (if that was what you are getting at)

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Quote:

looks good!

I have to change my pants now. Can't wait!!!!!!!

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
J/C

Got a ticket for tonight. I'm hoping this is halfway decent.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
No way can I sit through a packed house to see the opening night ...... but I think that this is one movie I will see before it's theatrical run ends.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

i have no idea what you just said. i don't talk during movies though (if that was what you are getting at)

Not at all.

Aint It Cool News is the king of all movie, tv, geek sites. It's creator, Harry Knowles, is an Austiner and he sees all movies and has all AICN screenings at the Alamo Drafthouse.

The Aint It Cool posters are Talk-Backers. Just as we are Dawg-Talkers . . .

Such a geek, am I . . .

Got my Avengers ticket. 8 PM tomorrow night . . .

N
Legend
Legend
N
aha! I knew that I just didn't get what you were saying.

no, I don't get out to movies enough or follow them closely enough to know about all of that. until now. thanks for the site.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... New "Avengers" Trailer

Link Copied to Clipboard