Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Quote:

They deserve it. I'd say the same thing if it was the Browns.
'

If and when Fujita gets a sanction, I'd cut him within 2 hours.

You'd give him two hours? I'm thinking about 30 seconds...LOL

Yeah, I agree Peen.. the league and the NFLPA spent days and weeks discussing player safety during last years talks. They all know the score yet the coach and GM of the Saints turned a blind eye.

They deserve the punishment handed down.

As for the players, I bet you dollars to donuts that one of those guys involved will say,, hey, they offered us money to do those things and you know, we gotta feed our families....

Kick that dude to the curb for a year also....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jc...

Roger Goodell continues his campaign to remake NFL football into a nice game played by nice people...just like him.

Goodell does not understand football and overreacts to nearly every situation, applying his vision of what NFL football should be.

Goodell is ruling over the NFL more from the standpoint of "legal liability" rather than as someone with a football background.

I believe Goodell absolutely loves having the power to act as "the ruler" over NFL football...the man loves the spotlight and has a huge ego.

Goodell is now the owners problem...they voted him in...they can vote him out.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Quote:

Quote:

'

Why wait for a ruling? I would cut him yesterday.

Just ?'g here Fujita was only w/ Saints in 2009 right, He was a Brown in 2010-11. He may get a few games, but J Vilma may be bagging groceries for a long time.
Of course when asked," Scott why'd you take your SB ring to Cleveland?"
BLAH BLAH
"was it because you didn't approve of the Defense's tactics?
BLAH BLAH
"why didn't YOU inform us/anyone of this, YOU are a player rep"

that will probably decide his fate

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

'

Just ?'g here Fujita was only w/ Saints in 2009 right, He was a Brown in 2010-11. He may get a few games, but J Vilma may be bagging groceries for a long time.
BLAH BLAH
BLAH BLAH

Bounty Gate aside ... I think that he has seen his better days and his roster spot needs upgraded anyway.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

'

BLAH BLAH
BLAH BLAH

Bounty Gate aside ... I think that he has seen his better days and his roster spot needs upgraded anyway.

Yuuup, since he's been here he has only played 19 of 32 games and has been on the IR to end both seasons. Time to cut him loose and use his money elsewhere. Gocong played SLB better than him anyways. I was excited when reports said we were going after Manny Lawson and then disappointing when the Browns said they were not.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And what did you expect from Goodell,... afternoon tea?

Sorry, but the integrity of the "game", really does have to be maintained.

Peyton and Williams were associated with something completely disgusting.

Put it up there with faking injuries, intentionally losing games to gain draft position, gambling or point shaving.

It sends a message that unethical behavior at any level will not be tolerated. I think the players and coaches got the memo.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

And what did you expect from Goodell,... afternoon tea?

Sorry, but the integrity of the "game", really does have to be maintained.

Peyton and Williams were associated with something completely disgusting.

Put it up there with faking injuries, intentionally losing games to gain draft position, gambling or point shaving.

It sends a message that unethical behavior at any level will not be tolerated. I think the players and coaches got the memo.

exactly!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Yes, I'm sure they want to vote out the guy that is punishing people that are intentionally injuring players.
Maybe the Saints owner, but I gurantee you the other 31 owners (like the Patriots owner) are happy that their star players (like Tom Brady) and multi-million dollar investments are being protected and not head-hunted.

You really make a point of defending the most idiotic things. I honestly think you're just a troll who craves attention. I mean, really, who defends intentionally hurting players and potentially ending their careers or killing them?

[Linked Image from i190.photobucket.com]
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

You really make a point of defending the most idiotic things. I honestly think you're just a troll who craves attention. I mean, really, who defends intentionally hurting players and potentially ending their careers or killing them?

And is constantly complaining about helmets not being safe enough. I mean, head hunting = OK, but the NFL not doing enough for player safety in the way of better helmet technology makes them evil? Kinda contradictory if you ask me.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The one HUGE thing I think everyone is missing here.. and it almost makes the current events look trivial..

Goodell is requiring each OWNER and HC to submit in WRITING an affadavit that states that their franchise is not engaging in any sort of Bounty Hunting.

If you sign that and da Commish finds out otherwise.. OMG are you in big heap twouble. He's got you short and curlies then.

This will have as much of an impact as anything he's done.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The one HUGE thing I think everyone is missing here.. and it almost makes the current events look trivial..

Goodell is requiring each OWNER and HC to submit in WRITING an affadavit that states that their franchise is not engaging in any sort of Bounty Hunting.

If you sign that and da Commish finds out otherwise.. OMG are you in big heap twouble. He's got you short and curlies then.

Exactly as it should be.. And the NFLPA should be standing right there next to him.. standing up for player safety.. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

If it was legal within the NFL to Head hunt,, then this would be rather stupid.. But there are rules in place that both sides have agreed to.. for me, it's just that simple.

Nail the culprits to the wall...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Exactly as it should be.. And the NFLPA should be standing right there next to him.. standing up for player safety.. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

If it was legal within the NFL to Head hunt,, then this would be rather stupid.. But there are rules in place that both sides have agreed to.. for me, it's just that simple.

Nail the culprits to the wall...

Agreed

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

jc...

Roger Goodell continues his campaign to remake NFL football into a nice game played by nice people...just like him.

Goodell does not understand football and overreacts to nearly every situation, applying his vision of what NFL football should be.

Goodell is ruling over the NFL more from the standpoint of "legal liability" rather than as someone with a football background.

I believe Goodell absolutely loves having the power to act as "the ruler" over NFL football...the man loves the spotlight and has a huge ego.

No kidding. If they had better helmets, this headhunting thing wouldn't even be an issue. Goodell should just butt out.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
He won't get the purple thing.

You are now going to be referenced as one of his supporters.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

+1

Legend
Legend
Quote:

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jc..

Just what is it, that caused some of you to get your panties in a bunch?

It is my opinion that Roger believes he can change football by punishing those who do not play, coach or act according Roger's Rules.

...has the NFL ever had a commissioner who has punished players, coaches and teams as often and extreme as good ole Roger Goodell has?...I invite you to look it up!

...if Roger is not on a campaign to change football, to make it a much nicer sport, just what is he doing?

IMO, Roger overreacts to nearly every situation because he does not understand the game and he is driven by a fear of lawsuits. What Roger does not seem to understand is that horse has already left the barn...

...what the NFL did for 90 years, withholding information from the players concerning the effects of concussions..that potential liability can not be overcome by a commissioner who is attempting to "show" how much the NFL cares about player safety by handing out extreme punishment for aggressive play.

Has Goodell's approach worked?

...did Goodell's extreme punishment for those guilty of breaking Roger's Rules lower the number of concussions in 2011?...Look it up!

As for Bountygate, it was DC Greg Williams who started the bounty system and he deserves to be punished...he should sit out a year.

...the rest of the punishment Goodell handed out is too extreme IMO and is being done for "show" as much as anything. Roger wants everyone to believe he and the NFL care about player safety...

If the NFL cared about player safety, they would have mandated safer helmets 30 years ago. Only after the threat of legal liability entered the picture (2010), has the NFL showed interest in player safety/concussions.

But Goodell and the NFL's approach to player safety/concussions, trying to shift the focus to the players for the way they tackle, is a backwards approach that has not made the game safer.

Players get concussions because they wear helmets that are made of rock hard plastic that has no give to it. The NFL refuses to mandate safer helmets for reasons that cannot be explained.

As players, we are taught from the time we first play organized football, to hit the opponent as hard as we can. I have never heard a coach tell his players to hit as hard as you can, but don't hurt or injure your opponent.

Hurting and injuries are part of the game of football and every player who decides to participate, knows it. If you are afraid of getting injured or you can't stand pain, don't play football.

...but stop trying to change American football into some kind of "gentle" mans sport that punishes those who play the game as they were taught from the peewee level on up...to hit the opponent as hard as you can.

How do you want your football?

...Hall of Fame Linebacker Tom Jackson commented that when he played, he hit his opponent as hard as he could and if it resulted in the opponent being injured, so be it...it comes with the game. That is how I played the game and that is how I want to see the game played in the future.

If we are concerned about injuries, upgrade the safety equipment..especially the helmets and pads..and mandate the use of that safety equipment.

As an example of the correct approach to safety, when Dale Earnhardt died, NASCAR could have used the easy approach of slowing the cars down to say 150 mph, by adding restrictor plates...instead, NASCAR upgraded their drivers safety equipment and mandated the use of that safety equipment, which resulted in a much safer sport without changing the sport itself.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
.. " How do you want your football? .. "

With a large peperoni & Italian sausage pizza , and real cold Harp's ( on draft ) !

N
Legend
Legend
N
are you really trying to say that Goodell's hurting the game here?

yes, there were more concussions diagnosed in 2011. of course, now that teams are actually looking for them.

5years ago there's a decent chance that Colt isn't even diagnosed with a concussion after the Harrison hit. some words about being cloudy and throwing some smelling salts under the nose and he'll be fine.

you don't have to like everything Goodell is doing. he is heavy-handed with how he does things and can definitely be condescending. but, I do believe he is making strides in player safety. and do not see how that is debateable (until he pushes the 18game schedule through and blows everything to shreds).

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Imho you are acting like an alarmist mac.

Bounty gate is real and that kinda behavior has no place in a civil game and should be squashed with the biggest hammer available to the Commissioner.

If it is meet with a slap on the wrist, then what message does that send to our youth who are playing the game at a Jr. level?

It's a matter of sportsmanship on the highest level my friend. It is more then just a safety issue imo.

[Linked Image]

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

It is my opinion that Roger believes he can change football by punishing those who do not play, coach or act according Roger's Rules.

As he should, because as the COMMISSIONER of the NFL it's his rules that must be adhered to. And why are they his rules? Because it's his job to protect the brand, and that brand happens to be the NFL.

Quote:

...has the NFL ever had a commissioner who has punished players, coaches and teams as often and extreme as good ole Roger Goodell has?...I invite you to look it up!

Has player safety ever been at the forefront of the league's consciousness as it is now?...I invite you to look it up!

Quote:

IMO, Roger overreacts to nearly every situation because he does not understand the game and he is driven by a fear of lawsuits. What Roger does not seem to understand is that horse has already left the barn...

First, you WRONGLY assume he's protecting the league against lawsuites when what he's REALLY doing is protecting the players which protects the brand. HOWEVER, even though you're barking up the wrong tree, to suggest he's this idiot who is trying to fix something he can't fix is just ridiculous.

Quote:

...did Goodell's extreme punishment for those guilty of breaking Roger's Rules lower the number of concussions in 2011?...Look it up!

If you think the change in thinking and policy is going to immediately change the culture of the game, you aren't seeing the big picture. It takes time to institute change, just as it took time for the rules which further protect the QB's took time to take.

The sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be.

Quote:

But Goodell and the NFL's approach to player safety/concussions, trying to shift the focus to the players for the way they tackle, is a backwards approach that has not made the game safer.

You're wrong.

I'm not gonna sugar-coat it. You're just. Flat. Wrong.

Players aren't laying out players like they used to because they know it'll cost them money and playing time.

Now if you can provide stats which support your argument, I'll listen, but simple common sense shows that players are backing off of nailing defenseless players like they used to.

Quote:

If the NFL cared about player safety, they would have mandated safer helmets 30 years ago. Only after the threat of legal liability entered the picture (2010), has the NFL showed interest in player safety/concussions.

Ridiculous. Silly. Narrow-minded. Near-sighted. I can keep going but I don't wanna get writer's-cramp.

LOOOOOOONG before all this concussion stuff happened, the league was putting rules in which helped player safety, including the rules about chop-blocks, spearing, and protecting QB's.

I invite you to look it up.

Quote:

Hurting and injuries are part of the game of football and every player who decides to participate, knows it. If you are afraid of getting injured or you can't stand pain, don't play football.

That looks more like crying than anything, and is totally irrelevant to the discussion. That's a useless rant immaterial to this discussion and takes away from any point you're (wrongly) attempting to make.

Quote:

...but stop trying to change American football into some kind of "gentle" mans sport that punishes those who play the game as they were taught from the peewee level on up...to hit the opponent as hard as you can.

So in one part of your rant you chide the NFL for not changing the game 30 years ago, but here you turn right around and chide the NFL for trying to change the game from how it was played 30 years ago.

Well...which is it, Mac? You can't have it both ways.

You've gone from a debate to a meandering rant. I really don't know what point you're trying to make. You appear confused as to exactly what you wanna do, so I'm going to withdraw from the conversation.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Quincy Morgan style!

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Legend
Legend
What I find ironic is that mac is all up in arms about player safety in the helmet thread ....... but he is so against policies that might further help cut down on player injuries.

Seems like quite a double standard to me.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

What I find ironic is that mac is all up in arms about player safety in the helmet thread ....... but he is so against policies that might further help cut down on player injuries.

Seems like quite a double standard to me.

anything that can be construed to be the player fault is obviously wrong.
anything that can be contstrued to be the NFLs fault is obviously right.

#gmstrong
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
That's why it appears more of a meandering rant than a pointed debate.

You cannot slam the commissioner for putting people to the cross which risk player safety, then turn right around in the very same post and slam the NFL for trying to change the culture of how players hit. It's borderline

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I do believe he is making strides in player safety.

nolo...evidence to back up this claim?...got any?

More concussions last year even though Goodell is fining the hell out the players...really helping isn't it?

If Goodell really wanted to do something to make the game safer, he would mandate the wearing of a safer helmet.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're wrong.

I'm not gonna sugar-coat it. You're just. Flat. Wrong.

Players aren't laying out players like they used to because they know it'll cost them money and playing time.

Now if you can provide stats which support your argument, I'll listen, but simple common sense shows that players are backing off of nailing defenseless players like they used to.

toad...so you believe NASCAR should have slowed the cars down to 150 mph max with a restrictor plate rather than address and mandate the wearing of better safety equipment?

That is a classic example that can be compared to how the NFL is handling their safety issues vs what NASCAR did by mandating safer equipment be worn by their drivers.

Blame the players for the way they tackle...fining the hell out of them if Rogers feels the urge, then claiming it is helping WHEN THE DATA SAYS IT HAS NOT HELPED...great idea, toad.

Yea toad, fining the players for the way they hit and tackle is a great "backwards" approach that will never work...UNLESS YOU WANT TWO HAND TOUCH to be the new Roger Goodell standard for NFL football???

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I'm not gonna feed this troll anymore....

Legend
Legend
As long as people are moving at a high rate of speed, and stopping suddenly, there will be concussions.

Changing the helmet isn't going to stop that.

There are risks to playing games like Football.

If you don't think those risks are worth it.

Don't play.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

YT...but, have these new policies helped to reduce the incidents of concussions?

How do you want your NFL football?...no touching the QB and two hand tap instead of tackling.

Here is the question for all of you...

DO YOU BELIEVE A FOOTBALL PLAYERS SHOULD HIT/BLOCK/TACKLE AS HARD AS THEY CAN?

The responses should be interesting...

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

YT...but, have these new policies helped to reduce the incidents of concussions?

How do you want your NFL football?...no touching the QB and two hand tap instead of tackling.

Here is the question for all of you...

DO YOU BELIEVE A FOOTBALL PLAYERS SHOULD HIT/BLOCK/TACKLE AS HARD AS THEY CAN?

The responses should be interesting...

As long as people are moving at a high rate of speed, and stopping suddenly, there will be concussions.

Don't play.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Don't play.

OSG...I agree with most of what you said, with the exception of the helmets. Will improving the helmets and shoulder pads stop ALL CONCUSSIONS...NO...

But you realize, the NFL continues to use the same basic helmet design that was first used in the NFL 40 yrs ago?

...padding on the inside consisting of inflatable air chambers and various forms of foam padding?

You can only do so much with padding on the inside of the helmet and over a 40 yr period helmet manufactures have tried about everything...yet concussion rates continue to increase.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out if two rock hard plastic helmets make contact with each other, they are going to create energy that is transferred to whatever is inside the helmet.

I wonder what would happen if the rock hard helmets were covered with a soft material on the outside...would the impact be less?

F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

Quote:

More concussions REPORTED last year even though Goodell is fining the hell out the players...really helping isn't it?

If Goodell really wanted to do something to make the game safer, he would mandate the wearing of a safer helmet.

Fixed it for you.

Being that the standards for concussions have changed it surely means the # reported will change.

Does that mean that hits the QBs head never happened before either, since more were called last year then ever before.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I'm not gonna feed this troll anymore....

arps...well, let's take a look at what all of us will be missing if you don't post anymore on the subject I brought up...

...let's see...where is it...I know you responded with something....

...ahhh, here it is...arps wrote...
Quote:

exactly!

arps...I'm sure gonna miss your input...

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

More concussions REPORTED last year even though Goodell is fining the hell out the players...really helping isn't it?

Fixed it for you.

Being that the standards for concussions have changed it surely means the # reported will change.

Does that mean that hits the QBs head never happened before either, since more were called last year then ever before.

flor..spin it any way you want...fact is, Goodell's method of reducing concussions in the NFL is a failure.

Think about this florfan...how bad are today's football helmets...a player does not have to be hit by another helmet to suffer a serious concussion...WATCH..

What is Goodell going to do, fine the Lions because of the turf they use for their field?

This Roger's concussion is great example of just how poort today's football helmets are when it comes to protecting a players brain.

Here is another great example of how well today's NFL helmets protect the players...

...who you gonna fine for this one Roger?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

*** You are ignoring this user ***

After nearly a decade on this board, I figure this is the only reasonable thing. I've never seen mac make an intelligent point in his life. I could get used to a troll-free society.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

More concussions last year even though Goodell is fining the hell out the players...really helping isn't it?

Yes, I have evidence that he is making strides. We are discussing concussions here on this forum. Those concussions are actually getting diagnosed on the field and in between games now. We have medical staff on the field now specifically to look out for concussions. We have league mandated policies to test baselines and compare them to current status (if they don't meet protocol, then they can't play).

These are all HUGE strides.

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

*** You are ignoring this user ***

After nearly a decade on this board, I figure this is the only reasonable thing. I've never seen mac make an intelligent point in his life. I could get used to a troll-free society.

weird...I see the exact same thing

N
Legend
Legend
N
mac, cmon now. we have shown the independent studies that prove there is vast research going on by the helmet companies to attempt to design a better helmet. and, how those helmets rate and which ones are better.

we have countered your "soft outside" helmet idea (as if the helmet companies wouldn't want more material they could sell for a higher amount - plus it would have to be replaced more often adding even more profit to them). The fact is there would be more friction on a soft helmet and target more of the impact directly into the head rather than allowing the hit to slip off.

players using the helmet as a weapon on purpose is a problem. it needs to be stopped. Goodell's only mechanism to stop it is to fine and suspend in order to discourage it's usage and have coaches teach to lead with shoulders instead of heads (which is what is actually taught from peewee levels on up).

you want players to hit and block as hard as possible. but you also don't want them intentionally trying to hurt each other and knock each other out of games. why this is okay with you completely puzzles me.

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Saints' Defense had "Bounty Fund"...

Link Copied to Clipboard