Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Quote:

Quote:

I really like RG3 and I am disappointed he won't be an option for us at #4. If we made the same trade Washington did, I feel it would have crippled our chances of really rebuilding this team. QB is just one of many needs that we have.

I do hope now we really make a smart decision on Flynn. Overpaying for him would also hurt.

If we lose 2 or 3 of our first 4 next season, we should just tank the rest to ensure we have the top pick.

Why even play? We didn't overpay for RG3 - Are Lives Are Over!

Reading an entire post is hard.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Perhaps I misread the tone of your posts. But it seemed to me that your tone was along the lines of, "We didn't sell the farm to buy that sleek new tractor so we're doomed to failure", so to speak.

I know many are disappointed that RG3 will soon be a Redskin. Truth be told, I am too. A little.

But as sure as I'm sitting here posting on a Browns board in March I believe the 'skins will be hard pressed to come up with a winning record in the next half dozen years because of what they had to give up to get their new QB.

I also believe that no matter what we offered, DC would have topped it. Which is why I'm only a little disappointed we won't get to bring RG3's talents to the North Coast - I never really thought he'd be coming here.

At this point in time I choose to believe that what lies ahead will strengthen the team more than giving up "the farm" for immediate gratification. If only because if Daniel Snyder and the Redskins thought it was a good idea it probably isn't.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I really like RG3 and I am disappointed he won't be an option for us at #4. If we made the same trade Washington did, I feel it would have crippled our chances of really rebuilding this team. QB is just one of many needs that we have.

I do hope now we really make a smart decision on Flynn. Overpaying for him would also hurt.

If we lose 2 or 3 of our first 4 next season, we should just tank the rest to ensure we have the top pick.

Why even play? We didn't overpay for RG3 - Are Lives Are Over!

Reading an entire post is hard.

My apologies, I should have put a j/c in there...

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
If you don't object, I have a few thoughts on your comments:

Quote:

Weren't we going to build through the draft by trading for Griffin?

Yes, but not by giving away 4 picks to get 1. Especially when 3 of the 4 picks were 1st rounders... you can't build through the draft if you keep giving it away

Quote:

I also think that's worth noting we CLEARLY were offering multiple 1st rounders here.

CLEARLY? well, maybe you've seen where someone from the Browns has said we offered anything.. But really, all I've seen is that it was Reported by a reporter and then re-reported by another then another and so on and so on.

I think I read that Heckert said they spoke to the Rams.. but I don't remember anyone saying that we offered anything? I'm not at all convinced that the Rams didn't float that in order to wrangle more out of the Redskins..

Quote:

If we are in good hands with Heckert and Holmgren, keep in mind they were willing to give up the farm for Griffin.

Again, I don't believe it.. remember, these "offers" that supposedly came from the Browns were reported first by a guy that covers the Rams in St. Louis. It was then picked up by a bunch of other reporters that, thankfully, credited the St. Louis guy for the story.

Pluto even doubted an offer was made in his column today.. it's posted here somewhere..but for sure you can find it at www.cleveland.com.

Quote:

I think we saw what Heck had up his sleeve, which was to give up the farm for Griffin.

3 of the first four lines of your response that i'm quoting make the same point.. and unless I missed something, it's unsubstantiated..

Quote:

It looks for all the world to me that he wanted to try to offer even MORE than the the 3 1st rounders, but the Deadskins weren't going to allow it to happen.

again?

the truth is, none of us actually know if the Browns made any kinda legitimate offer for the 2nd pick in the draft...

As for not caring that we didn't go crazy to get RG3, I'm with you

Unless someone can show me where the Browns have said they offered something... it can't be confirmed..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
I can't in total disagree, but something tells me a QB is the biggest piece to the puzzle. A piece that is still missing...at least as of now and the prospects aren't nearly as good.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
No matter what, even if we had gotten the QB, we'd still have to build the other parts of the team..... so, we're completely green-lighted to do that now and the QB issue gets pushed back a year.

Next year is simply Year 2 in the rebuild (the last year under Mangini was just kind of a completely lost year because we tossed everything aside when we tossed him out), we were/are NOT going to be contenders and no QB was going to change that... so, it's not all that bad.
We're BUILDING. Getting RG3 wouldn't have magically put us into the BUILT category. Hell, it would have only (theoretically) checked off one need.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I don't see it that way. Next year is year 3. Both Holmgren and Heckert were here in both year 1 and 2. They don't get a "bye year" because they wanted someone to be a scapegoat for a really tough schedule. This is year 3 of the program. Heckert didn't draft anyone when Mangini was here who doesn't fit under Shurmur/Jauron. In fact, Heckert brought in a guy in Mitchell who had no position on a Mangini team. That tells all that needs told about when they knew they were changing coaches.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Every single statement about the Browns offering anything goes straight back to Adam Schefter and his report. A report that is about as likely as Hillis joing the CIA. Until heckert says he tried to trade up to 2, I wont believe it. He said he asked about Bradford and about Newton, so I am pretty sure he will say if he called to trade up for Griffin.

I agree, until we have conformation, then it's all just speculations.

But hey ... that never stopped some from posting it as fact.

I'm just glad the speculation for us trading up is finally over.

I'm also not surprised Snyder mortgaged their future Draft picks away ... he has always been a big FA spender and values his draft picks very little.

He over paid!

[Linked Image]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

They don't get a "bye year" because they wanted someone to be a scapegoat for a really tough schedule. This is year 3 of the program. Heckert didn't draft anyone when Mangini was here who doesn't fit under Shurmur/Jauron. In fact, Heckert brought in a guy in Mitchell who had no position on a Mangini team. That tells all that needs told about when they knew they were changing coaches.

Dude, you need to readjust your trousers.....Your Mangini love is showing again.....

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

They don't get a "bye year" because they wanted someone to be a scapegoat for a really tough schedule. This is year 3 of the program. Heckert didn't draft anyone when Mangini was here who doesn't fit under Shurmur/Jauron. In fact, Heckert brought in a guy in Mitchell who had no position on a Mangini team. That tells all that needs told about when they knew they were changing coaches.

Dude, you need to readjust your trousers.....Your Mangini love is showing again.....

How is that anything resembling "Mangini Love"? Your Mangini Paranoia is showing, yet again.

We are in year 3 of the HH regime. We're not in year 2, as some would like to pretend. If a regime goes 3 years, then fires their head coach, they don't get a "do over" starting from scratch.

Got any more excuses to use?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=656

Diddling while Cleveland burns
Mar 10, 2012 -- 12:25pm
By Bruce Fooley

It doesn’t matter what you offered the Rams for the No. 2 pick. All that matters is you didn’t offer enough.

If SI.com’s Peter King is correct, you let Griffin get away because you weren’t willing to include a second-round choice – No. 37 overall – along with three No. 1 picks.

This is typical of Fooley..first,he wanted no part of Griffith,but his collegues talked him into changing his tune..next to slam them over this is utterly stupid even for him and his arrogant self-centered opinions..I wouldn't want the Browns to fork over 3 first round picks plus a second ..thats freaking stupid..

Legend
Legend
Lol, I hope he didn't really mean "diddling!"

Don't these guys have editors?!

R
Legend
Legend
R
I read that we only offered the two 1sts this year and maybe a second.

My guess is H&H got completely caught off guard (as well as the Rams) that the Redskins met the asking price.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I think it's absolutely crazy how much the media is piling on the Browns as some type of loser for not meeting the asking price for RG3. I'm a bit taken a back by it quite honestly.

Seems like the Browns are everyones favorite whipping boy.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

First, I don't think you'll find any players 'tanking' any game during the season. I don't even think you'll have the coaching staff doing it because another 4 or 5 win season will likely mean their dismissal as a coach.

Secondly, I have no inkling that we'll be overpaying for any free agent QB, whether it's Flynn, Peyton Manning, or anyone else.

As for RG3, I didn't dislike him. I just think that we have bigger needs for the team than a starting QB (yeah, I think McCoy with weapons and a stable system to work within will do just fine). He had none of that in either of the two years he's been here. And I thought the amount that some fans were willing to give up for him got me thinking that we have some really silly fans that just weren't thinking clearly at all.

If the Browns were even considering giving up three 1st round picks, they should have been talking to Indy for the services of Luck, not RG3. Even then, it would have been too much for my liking, but it would have left less of a bad taste in my mouth.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Gee, I should go take a leap, huh?

I have been a fan of this team for almost 40 years ..... game in and game out ...... living and dying with each victory, or far more often, loss.

I started following the Browns about the time I was 10 years old. That's 38 years ago.

What have I seen?

I have seen this team manage 12 winning seasons. 12. That means 23 losing seasons. (we lost 3 to oblivion when MoSMell screwed us) I have seen them go a combined 236-319. Think about that for a minute. I have lived every stinking year in a Steelers fan infested town ... hearing all about their 8 trips to, and 6 wins in the Super Bowl .... while we haven't even made it to one.

I have watched this team march out wretchedly awful players at the QB position, one after another after another ..... and we, surprise, keep losing.

Our best QB, from both a statistical and wins standpoints, since this team came back from non-existence, is Derek Anderson.

Think about that for a minute. Derek Anderson is the standard of excellence by which all others must be compared. he is the franchise leader in single season TD passes. The franchise leader.

I watched my beloved team stolen away, and then win a Super Bowl elsewhere.

Yes, I am sick of it. I'm not going to leave the team that I love ..... because even though it's an abusive relationship, I must somehow enjoy the beatings. I have been here for every single heartbreak ..... every single disgusting blowout, and the all too few high points that I could rub in Steelers fans' faces.

Go take a leap? I think not.

Just because I love this team doesn't mean that I cannot be disgusted with their inability to get things turned around. I don't think that a winning season now and then, or even a streak of winning seasons is too much to ask. Maybe you do. maybe you like losing. I don't. I am sick of it. I can't leave, but that doesn't mean that I am going to pretend that I am just fine with us stinking up the joint every freakin' year.

If you can't handle that, then maybe you should take a leap.

Have a nice day.

That's a little better explanation.

I was where you are after the Browns/Steelers playoff game loss. I was ready to throw it all in but I then realized something, following a team is taking all the losses and wins the same...being a fan is just going along for the ride. It's entertainment. Sports are supposed to be fun and to help us get away from the daily grind.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

First, I don't think you'll find any players 'tanking' any game during the season. I don't even think you'll have the coaching staff doing it because another 4 or 5 win season will likely mean their dismissal as a coach.

Secondly, I have no inkling that we'll be overpaying for any free agent QB, whether it's Flynn, Peyton Manning, or anyone else.

As for RG3, I didn't dislike him. I just think that we have bigger needs for the team than a starting QB (yeah, I think McCoy with weapons and a stable system to work within will do just fine). He had none of that in either of the two years he's been here. And I thought the amount that some fans were willing to give up for him got me thinking that we have some really silly fans that just weren't thinking clearly at all.

If the Browns were even considering giving up three 1st round picks, they should have been talking to Indy for the services of Luck, not RG3. Even then, it would have been too much for my liking, but it would have left less of a bad taste in my mouth.

Totally agree. I like RG3 a lot and am bummed he's not coming to the Browns, but the fact that it was that team that traded up to get him, should make us feel better about the people in charge of our team. Daniel Snyder is one of the worst owners in professional sports. I believe he's worse than Mike Brown and Randy Lerner.

Dan Snyder didn't win anything. Some of these writers are trying to make him out to be some uber-bad-ass because the Browns brass weren't stupid enough to send away that much for one player.

Maybe that's why this happened now. Because the Rams were laughing on the other end of the phone as this deal was going down.

I'm still against trading down just to trade down, because pushing picks back another year (which is usually the situation) doesn't make you any better. If you do that every year like it seems we do, it puts us right where we are.

I see this as 3 picks in the top 37, and a chance to add 3 very good players. I want 3 mainstay players. I don't care what position. I don't want to chase a QB simply because we didn't get Griffin, although if Tannehill is high on their list or any of these other guys, do it. Just don't do it because you lost out on RG3. Stick to your plan. We've come this far, right?

I'm upset we lost out, but I'm also happy that Tom Heckert won't be taken to the cleaners. Not that guy. Glad he's on our side.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I think it's absolutely crazy how much the media is piling on the Browns as some type of loser for not meeting the asking price for RG3. I'm a bit taken a back by it quite honestly.

That will change once Washington stumbles out of the gate with their rookie QB and no first round picks to build a team around him with for the next couple of Drafts.

I can foresee them having cap problems down the road too, because they will have to spend big in FA.

Also I hope that the Rams don't get Blackmon or Claiborne either at # 6.

[Linked Image]

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
NRTU but to the article...

Quote:

The Redskins will now get Heisman Trophy quarterback Robert Griffin to lead their franchise into the next decade.

If that actually happens. It's not guaranteed.

Quote:

It doesn’t matter what you offered the Rams for the No. 2 pick. All that matters is you didn’t offer enough.

Yes it did matter what they offered. They offered enough to show they were willing to do anything within reason to acquire a top-rated QB prospect. What they were not willing to do was make NFL history in giving up picks.

Quote:

Washington met St. Louis’ price – believed to be the first time in NFL history a team has traded three No. 1 picks for another first-rounder.

Unprecedented, yet the Browns are fools for not doing it?

While Washington is known for making big, bold overpaying deals and getting nothing in return.

Quote:

If it’s true they balked on making the RG3 deal with Washington to preserve a second-round choice, that ranks as H&H’s dumbest move yet.

Allowing a second-rounder to stand between them and a possible transcendent talent at the most important position in football is akin to walking away from a home purchase because of a $5,000 difference in price.

No, it's akin to NOT paying more to move up two spots than has ever been paid in the history of the NFL.

Quote:

Similarly, the second-rounder the Browns preserved is unlikely to make any appreciable difference in the team’s fortunes going forward.

Maybe not. But the #22, #37 and next year's #1 will certainly make an appreciable difference in the team's fortunes going forward.

Quote:

Bruce Hooley hosts The Hooligans from 3-6 p.m. weekdays on ESPN 850 WKNR.

Now I see I've wasted my time responding to this 'KNR idiot.

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
I think the bottom line is, anyone who is cracking on the Browns just needs to look back at the details of that deal.

3 first round picks, a second round pick, and you aren't even getting the top player at his position in the draft?

It was too much for anyone but a moron like Daniel Snyder.

What would be funny now, is if RG3, who said on record he hopes whatever team takes him doesn't give up too much, pulls an Eli Manning and says he doesn't want to play for Washington. Not gonna happen but it''d be funny.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

That will change once Washington stumbles out of the gate with their rookie QB and no first round picks to build a team around him with for the next couple of Drafts.

I can foresee them having cap problems down the road too, because they will have to spend big in FA.

U said something I thought about this morning..no freaking way would I do a tradedown with them..and I wish I knew who they really want at 6 and take that player..I have no problem if the Browns draft either Blackmon or Claiborne..I like both ..U guys know I like my corners..but I have liked Blackmon for a while,he's a baller.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

U said something I thought about this morning..no freaking way would I do a tradedown with them..and I wish I knew who they really want at 6 and take that player..I have no problem if the Browns draft either Blackmon or Claiborne..I like both ..U guys know I like my corners..but I have liked Blackmon for a while,he's a baller.

I just think that either of those two would fit in with our needs as well as TB's needs too.

I don't think we can go wrong with either of those two at # 4.

[Linked Image]

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Attack,
If they are REALLY in love with one of those two and for some reason we were not, I would be really happy to do to them what they did to the Redskins and drop 2 spots. I would want at least a #1 next year and something in the 3 or 4 range this year. If not, I am more than happy to stay with our picks. Actually, I said a few pages ago, if the Vikes take Kalil, we are in the drivers seat and we can either shop for best deal or just take either of these 2 guys that would fill a big need for us.

Legend
Legend
thanks Ddub

Wow,, I'm really afraid for some fans. I mean, that guy in the video,, wow,, that is a total nutbag.

I'm also a wondering where did the reporters get the information that the team had made an actual offer?

I'll ask this again, Heckert said that rumors of them trading up to get the 2nd pick were crazy. to those that wanted RG3, it's misdirection. to those of us that didn't care, it's,, hey,, he said it was crazy.. why was anyone suprised when he didn't do it?

It's funny how a persons hopes change the meanings of things said....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if we did make that kind of offer to move up.

I will say there's a part of me that's a little skeptical, though. Most of that centers around, if we were willing to give up 2 firsts this year and a first next year, the dealbreaker was that we didn't want to give up no. 37 this year. But, if I was the Rams, I'd rather have 2 this year and 1 next year but not get no. 37 than get the 'Skins' 2nd this year, a 1st next year, and a 1st the following year. But, that's just me.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Wow, Hooley sounds just like every other fan board poster who just found out we wouldn't sell the future for their man crush 2ndbest qb in the draft this year. And this "it was just a 2nd round pick difference" stuff has to stop until a real source (holmgren/heckert) confirms it on the record, otherwise it is just rumor and conjecture.

We are going to be a far better TEAM for not doing this trade.

And that second round nonsense is simply ludicrous. He goes on about a second round pick being nothing of value that couldn't be surrendered but then speaks about Cincy making the playoffs last year with Dalton, a second round pick. Wait! Did Hooley even consider the stupidity of his argument?

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
wow, i'm coming to the news really late. Just about fell out of my chair when i see 3 firsts (really two and changing #2 for #6) and the second rounder- yikes- that is a boat load of picks. Good for the rams, Fisher has got to be really excited about how fast he is going to be able to transform the rams. Poor RGIII, he is going to a losing franchise with a coach on the hot seat and no future high round picks to fix the problems....

I am really glad the browns did not do this trade, we are just not in the postion to take a QB without having some other pieces added to the mix.

I do not take a QB early this year. I've seen Tannehill, and he doesn't excite me one bit- well at least not in the top ten like some are saying. The #22 would be more palatable. I like next years class of QB's much better. The kid from Arkansas would look good in Cleveland. I would really like to trade back, pick up a first next year- and then have some ammunition to go get one of either Barkley, Jones or Wilson. And who knows- maybe with an off season to prepare, we don't even need the QB. Here is hoping Colt can figure it out.

For this year, the best case scenario right now is Manning signing with Arizona- and we add Kolb to the mix to battle it out with Colt. Kolb is a WCO QB that got stuck in a bad situation, again with no offseason to figure out a new offense.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
J/C

All week been reading things like reports Heckert wouldnt include the 22nd pick or the 2nd round pick. Rams are suprised the Browns have shown very little interest. Heckert saying things like we Like Weeden (sp?) I know hes 28 but I may not be here in 6 years.

I think most of the talk about the Browns matching those offers are exagereated personally and just written so as to make it look like Washington got one over on us which I dont think was the case at all.

I dont care if the whole NFL world laughs at us and says Washington pulled the rug from under us I think we did that to them. They have now overpayed for a QB and are now out of the sweepstakes next year along with Indy both having their Franchise guys.

The media is just mad they cant try to hype up something now in fact today I had to laugh at the local talking heads they are now saying we should take Tann at #4.
Ive lost almost all respect for most those on the air today as being anything but sensationalist. I mean come on the 3rd best at his pos over the best at any of the other 20 (assuming minny doesnt take a QB or trade down to someone who does)

Ive said before I want Blackmon but would be perfectly happy with any of the CB WR OT RB avialable to us at #4. At 22 I like Floyd/Wright Minny. or Tann.
I dont know when I first heard that Washington made the trade I knew we will have a great draft again this year. A calming effect took over. We didnt give up the farm, tractor, and seeds to buy a spreader.

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
not sure but I really think Payton wants to stay in the AFC already said he wont play in the NFC East. I think they both have a dream to play against each other in the SB and of course money talks but if its close I could see Payton staying in the AFC somewhere like Denver or KC or even Miami if they wanted to toss their hat in the ring.

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Every single statement about the Browns offering anything goes straight back to Adam Schefter and his report. A report that is about as likely as Hillis joing the CIA. Until heckert says he tried to trade up to 2, I wont believe it. He said he asked about Bradford and about Newton, so I am pretty sure he will say if he called to trade up for Griffin.

X2

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

How is that anything resembling "Mangini Love"? Your Mangini Paranoia is showing, yet again.

Every time you get even remotely peeved at the FO you bring up how Mangini got "jobbed".

He didn't. He sucked. He still sucks or he'd have a job in football, not on the graveyard for old coaches and players - ESPN.

We won't get RG3. We'll live and it's possible we'll end up ahead of the Deadskins in the end.

Build a bridge and get over it.

Now when they don't take Richardson with the 4th pick (which everyone but you knows they won't) you'll start your incessant crying all over again.

Please spare us all.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

We are in year 3 of the HH regime. We're not in year 2, as some would like to pretend. If a regime goes 3 years, then fires their head coach, they don't get a "do over" starting from scratch.

Got any more excuses to use?

We're in year 3 of Holmgren and Heckert? Really? Technically, I suppose you're right.

Let's equate your thinking, though, to that of a high school student. They go to school as a freshman (year 1), they go to school as a sophomore (year 2). Technically, after the last day of their sophomore year, they are a jr, right? They are in year 3.

What you are doing is comparing a "1 day past sophomore" student - a jr. - to a "completed" jr. year.

Here: We're in year 3 of H H. About 1 day in - and you're calling them a failure already???

How's about letting the season actually play out. Heck, just let the draft and free agency play out before throwing in the towel on year 3.........would that be hard?

So we won't apparently get Griffin - your boy - big deal. That's reason enough for you to say year 3 "was" a waste?

I will say this: Griffin better be all world times 3. Why? Because if he's not - the redskins will be paying for a long, long time. If griffin is even average at qb - and that's a big IF - the redskins hurt themselves.

Reality. It's a neat place to live. And, being as I'm a Kenny Chesney fan - he's got a neat song about reality. Might want to listen to it sometime.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Quote:

I agree on not wanting St Louis to get either at #6.

The way I look at it is we probably have Blackmon and Claiborne as our top two guys at #4. Tampa's biggest needs are CB, OLB,and MLB. St. Louis needs WR, LT, DT, OLB, and CB. I'll go one further with Jacksonville...DT, CB, WR. (Buffalo at 10 and Dallas at 14 need CBs too) That's a lot of CB needs and we hold the cards. I can definitely see us trading down from #4. Though moving down to the 7-9 area scares me a little. At this point, if we trade, I'd be pulling for a flip flop with Tampa (for a 4th) to take whomever is left over or Dallas at 14 (for their 2013 #1) so they can take Claiborne.

Though, my thinking is exactly how I projected my mock a week ago. We take Claiborne, and Jacksonville jumps St Louis to take Blackmon at 5. And St Louis gets Reiff. A few weeks ago an article I read stated at least one team saw Reiff as better than Kalil, maybe it was St. Louis?

N
Legend
Legend
N
we gave up a 2nd to Detroit for a 1-slot improvement to get Winslow. hopefully, winslow's new team gives us a 2nd for a 1-slot improvement this time

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
I keep reading in this thread about 3 first rounds picks they gave up . I guess my math skills are shot in my aging years ,but I thought they SWAPPED positions in the first round this year and THEN added two firsts in the following years ( plus whatever) " Wow I can't believe they gave up THREE first round picks..." THEY DIDN'T More like 2 and 1/8 Firsts..

Lets at least TRY to keep the facts straight here and let the Media "twist" the truths as they see fit.

And for the record, the price WAS too high, but they have RGIII now and we have.. uh... well, hope.

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
A
Legend
Legend
A
And for them? Griffin is just that: Hope. Well, hope, and a bunch of high picks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They traded at least 3 firsts and a 2nd for RG3. It isn't that complicated.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'd be pulling for a flip flop with Tampa.

If that would happen, then I would think it would be because they really want Claiborne ... I would take Blackmon at # 5 and another (high) 2nd round pick.

[Linked Image]

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

I keep reading in this thread about 3 first rounds picks they gave up . I guess my math skills are shot in my aging years ,but I thought they SWAPPED positions in the first round this year and THEN added two firsts in the following years ( plus whatever) " Wow I can't believe they gave up THREE first round picks..." THEY DIDN'T More like 2 and 1/8 Firsts..

Lets at least TRY to keep the facts straight here and let the Media "twist" the truths as they see fit.

And for the record, the price WAS too high, but they have RGIII now and we have.. uh... well, hope.

I know what you are saying as I once thought like that....but no swap....it was a trade of 3 first rounders + 2nd in exchange for one first rounder that was 2 slots higher. Place players in those draft slots....the 'skins TRADED 4 players for RG3. You wouldn't say they swapped John Doe for RG3 and traded 3 other players for nothing.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Just clicking.

I'm going to go ahead and stick my neck out there and predict RG3 to be a bust. I've been quiet on this issue from the get-go, but I thought he'd be a bust from the get-go.

Now I think it even more so.

He's going to the Redskins. A team that has evaded an identity through its attempts to establish one: big splashes in free agency. They have been so hell-bent on crazy contracts and mortgaging the farm for instant gratification, that they have failed to establish culture and continuity. They have brought in many players that haven't worked and attracted a plethora of me-first personalities. This has led them to residing in the cellar of their division seemingly year-in-and out.

Now RG3 has all the weight on his shoulders (even more than Luck I think) to perform and perform well right out of the gate. AND, he's got to do it on a team that has failed so many times to improve itself by throwing money at instant gratification. Oh, by the way, they'll be without a first round pick for quite a while now, leaving less room for improvement.

JMHO.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Glazer: Rams, Redskins strike deal for No. 2 pick

Link Copied to Clipboard