Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Legend
Legend
C
There isn't a lot of positive....because there is nothing going on. Free agency started eight hours ago. The draft isn't for another month and a half. What would you like them to do to make things more positive for you?

I don't mind the occasional negative post. Like you have said, you are allowed to call to attention things that you perceive as bad. But to drag it into every post? That's just annoying. It is okay to comment on something and not be negative.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The problem with building for the future is I want to see progress and the roster to be upgraded. We seem to lose talent and just spend picks on replacing it.

It's like they are saying "Trust us we are building a Mansion" But all I see is a concrete slab and a blueprint for a storage shed.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

It's like they are saying "Trust us we are building a Mansion" But all I see is a concrete slab and a blueprint for a storage shed.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The problem with building for the future is I want to see progress and the roster to be upgraded. We seem to lose talent and just spend picks on replacing it.

Ouch.

Unfortunately, that's true.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

What you didn't notice or allude to was the ground was cleared, the basement dug, the utilities brought in, the underground work, the base and tamping, and the foundation walls and the re-bar put in before that Concrete slab was poured. Those are all proper steps to build the mansion according to that blueprint. It would be a pretty crappy Mansion if you cut any of those corners.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

What you didn't notice or allude to was the ground was cleared, the basement dug, the utilities brought in, the underground work, the base and tamping, and the foundation walls and the re-bar put in before that Concrete slab was poured. Those are all proper steps to build the mansion according to that blueprint. It would be a pretty crappy Mansion if you cut any of those corners.

I've watched enough Holmes on Homes to know that you can still do all of that stuff, and the house be really crappy...

But you, the carpenter, still get paid...

Interesting...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
T
Legend
Legend
T
Quote:

Look at it this way, if we take him and Colt starts to shine, we can always dump Tannehill for a 1st round pick...2nd at worst. Other teams do it. So can we .

That's exactly what I was saying 2 weeks ago.

It comes down to this.

Tannehill might be bad? RG3 might be bad? but McCoy we Know what he can do.
There are two people I can't bear to watch start for the Browns in 2012, Colt McCoy and Kevin Kolb.

If they don't at least bring in some sort of competition, then they aren't trying to win games.

There comes a point in a " rebuilding process" where a team can say " We got our Quarterback, or We got our runningback, or We got our wide receiver" unless you are the Cleveland freaking Browns who never can say " We got our quarterack" " We got our runningback" or " We got our wide recevier".

This team has been " re-building" since 2006 .

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I can not put into words how much..

Quote:

Quote:

Look at it this way, if we take him and Colt starts to shine, we can always dump Tannehill for a 1st round pick...2nd at worst. Other teams do it. So can we .

That's exactly what I was saying 2 weeks ago.

and..

Quote:

There are two people I can't bear to watch start for the Browns in 2012, Colt McCoy and Kevin Kolb.

Do NOT belong in the same thought process...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I have a question.

What do you expect our record to be next year? What is acceptable to you? How long should we build before we see a payoff, and maybe even a division title?

I'l throw it back to you: Did you really believe we'd be a .500 or better team next season? Is this the same guy who would have given Mangini a 3rd and 4th season with an over-aging roster with no upside whatsoever?

Heckert had to start from 0 thanks to Mangini...all he left was a mauling C and big butt at NT...and Shurmur gets trashed...while his Offense stunk as bad as Mangini's in his 1st season (much younger and more injuries btw) and everyone is quick to blame him for it, I see nobody giving him props for the best D since rebirth...and they're young and have upside left, all amidst a system change...at least be fair when judging this regime

I can't think of any other regime that had at least 1 positive side of the ball after 2 seasons..that's a start and all those players are here to stay for the next seasons and there was an investment high in drafts

This regime asks for TIME but they actually have a right to do so, because they DO what they SAY and build through the draft....Mangini preached "process" and then trotted out Royal, Ventrone, Poteat, Barton etc..he left one of the oldest rosters when he was finally fired...now we have one of the youngest

Sure there are turnaround stories every season...and you forget that we had one ourselves in 2007, remember? How do those teams look the next season? Look at KC, TB...was their PO appearance for real?

Then look at Detroit, who did it the right way this time...it took them 3-4 season to get where they are now...and that's just PO-contender level

See, that's the main reason I wanted RG3...he was the best mix of upside and wow-factor to energize this fanbase....Brownsfans are losing it and YES, I do know why but pushing this regime to go into "win now" mode will be no good long term...they do it the right way, remains to be seen if the players they select are up to it...I'd rather see some homers call this regime "arrogant" than watch them deviate from their plan...a plan every homer cries for in the middle of every regime change and then are quick to cry about after 1 season, it's unbelievably stupid...that's human I guess

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Noone wants to hear but we have a target QB in the draft. He just isn't the one most wants but he is the one that is the right fit for this system.

yeah, and Nick Foles can be had with our 3rd rounder too, which is nice.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Noone wants to hear but we have a target QB in the draft. He just isn't the one most wants but he is the one that is the right fit for this system.

By all reports we went pretty hard after RGIII.. so our target QB is now the guy that was plan B or C a week ago.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I understand that. I just don't buy in to needing more film as some do. Sure it would be great, but the film doesn't tell me much. I am sure a few around here know more about it than I do, but I doubt they know as much as Heck or Homie.

Having a couple more years of film on him at QB would have helped show his development... plus 2 more years at QB would have been much better for him that 2 years at WR...

And we used to have posters who know more than Holmgren and Heckert but they stopped posting here because us mortals just couldn't grasp their depth of expertise...

I think it's funny that on one hand you say that none of us know more than Holmie and Heck and you put trust in them to make the right decision here.. but in the other thread you emphatically said that we will not go anywhere with this group in charge.

Quote:

Is 4 to early?? Sure if the guy ends up being drafted in the l20's. It's not if he is drafted at 15 or before. It would be nice if the player you draft matches exactly to the board you have in hand, but as we all know, it doesn't always work out that way.

I really don't care where he gets drafted or where he is projected to be drafted... if 2 years from now he looks like a legit 12 year franchise QB for this team, then no spot was too high or too low to draft him.

This has been my stance on the QB spot since about October... we need to go all in. It appears we made a good offer for RGIII but the Skins were willing to give up a lot more than even the Rams expected... and we were not given the opportunity to match... If you are reasonably confidant that Tannehill is the guy, go get him... if you have a lot of concerns about that, then let him go...

I honestly have to wonder what it feels like to be a fan of the Steelers or the Patriots or the Packers and go into off-season after off-season not even wondering who your starting QB will be next year... it's really getting old.

yebat' Putin
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I think it's funny that on one hand you say that none of us know more than Holmie and Heck and you put trust in them to make the right decision here.. but in the other thread you emphatically said that we will not go anywhere with this group in charge.

It isn't contradictory. I do trust their opinions on football talent. I just think Heck got caught with his pants down and that mistake is going to cost us big time.

I am fully aware those guys will probably be here 2 years from now, and if we are winning, all is good with the world as far as I am concerned.

It's to that point with me. No more trying to analyze it...if we win they are the greatest of all time. If they lose, they suck.

I will say this talk of Tate is positive. At least we are doing something. He would be a super addition, so see, I will give credit as easily as I will hammer them for dumb stuff.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Actually, given that the first thing Mangini did was strip down the roster, it makes sense that this team should be getting better from that time forward.

The Browns did tear down the defense to an extent last year, but they still started 2 DL who were on the team already, all of the LB, and the entire secondary. (although Adams was a backup/nickel/dime guy previously.

We supposedly had our QB, WRs, and RB ...... and a pretty good TE in Watson.

We added, what was by all estimations, a pretty solid draft again last year, with 2 instant starters in Taylor and Sheard. We also added eventual starters Little and Marecic, and a guy like Pinkston who was thrown in right from the start and didn't sink.

We had another free agency period, signing a safety and a backup RB.

We then went from playing one of the harder schedules in the league, to playing cupcakes.

I expected 7 or 8 wins last year, with the team showing growth by the end of the year.

This coming year we get the perpetually underachieving AFC West ...... and the NFC East, which has been really depressed in prior year, the Giants notwithstanding .... and we get the Bills and Chargers.

Regardless, I have no idea what to expect from this team. We should be showing improvement on the field by now. We are in to year 3 of Heckert/Holmgren. We did not strip the team down to its bones while they have been here. We should be showing improvement overall.

Of the players that Mangini left behind ...... starters ..... we still had (off the top of my head) Massaquoi, Cribbs, Watson, Thomas Steinbach (until he got hurt) Mack, Pashos (ugh, although not really a Mangini find) McCoy, and Hillis on offense. On defense we still started Rubin, Fujita, Gocong, Jackson (who was a holdover, but who never played for Mangini beyond a play here or there before being hurt for 2 seasons) Maiava, Brown, Haden, Adams, and Ward. Most of the starters last year were either starters, or at least on the team the year before. The cupboard wasn't completely empty. If we look at year 1 of the Shurmur regime as year 1 of the entire regime, as some are wont to do, then we have to include those guys. I don't know how you quantify guys that Heckert drafted while Mangini was coach.

Mangini. say what you want, (and I say this at the risk of again having certain posters go all childish on me ..... with idiotic statements) at least we could beat some damn good teams, and look like a good team doing so. We beat the Saints and Patriots with McCoy. We beat other teams with Jake Delhomme under Center. To me that's astonishing. lol

Who did we beat last year?

We beat a Colts team that tried to go 0 for the season, and a Dolphins team that was in danger of going 0 for the 1st half. We beat an awful Seattle team by 3 ....... and a morose Jacksonville team by 4.

We damn near set a record for scoring inability in our history. We scored just over 13 points per game. Now I know that we are putting in a new system and all ....... but I went back and looked at the Rams ..... another team coached by Shurmur (as OC) and another team with a young QB and a lot of iffy "talent".

In 2010, they scored 289 points. In 2011, we scored 218. We reached our high point in scoring in week 2. In the last 12 games of the season, following the bye when you would expect us to have a lot of work on the offense especially, we scored 17, 6, 10, 12, 12, 14, 20, 10, 3, 17, 14, 9. Mangini's "caveman" offense did better than that. While not overwhelming, we did score 271 points in 2010 with 3 different QBs. (and yes I know that there were some defensive scores for that one poster who is sure to chime in with his normal stuff ....... but offense or defese, it was Mangini's schemes)

So here we are going into year 3 of the Heckert/Holmgren alliance, and the 2nd with Shurmur. We are a 4th place team in a division full of playoff teams. Do I expect us to get to 8-8 this year? Not a chance. I do think that we might get to 6-10 if we find a great RB to take the pressure off of McCoy, and let him make only pressure free throws.

However, even with that rather sunny proposition, I still expect us to go 0-fer the division, or maybe we get really lucky and steal 1 win if someone gets hurt for one of those teams. I suspect that we'll win 5-6 games ... and be stuck in draft limbo ......not able to get a great player at the top of the draft ...... but not a bottom of the draft team either.

Now, let me ask you a question. I Would a 5 or 6 win season be a huge improvement? I know that a reasonable person would add that a lot depends on how the team performs overall. However, if we win 4 or 5 games, and the offense looks horrific again, where are we at that point?

You bring up KC, but they lost their QB, and their enforcer on defense, Eric Berry, (after 1 game) yet still managed to go 7-9 last year. It's not like the bottom completely fell out. (although they did fire their coach)

You talk about what Heckert had left from Mangini, but Mangini wasn't left much from the previous regime either. We had a headcase underachieving WR who is now desperately looking for a job anywhere ....... a "me me" TE who wanted to be paid as the highest in the game, and what else? He had a mess at QB that we still haven't cleared up. We had no real RB option. What did we have at WR? The OL was OK ..... but not great by any means. Defensively we didn't really have a lot either. Mangini chose to go older guys to try and help teach his system. (which is kind of the defensive equivalent of the WCO on offense. It is very complicated, and players have to know what they are doing on every play specific to the play the offense runs) Every staff has their cross to bear. Every staff has certain areas where they make things easier for the players (as Jauron's defense did for the players) and every staff has areas where it becomes more difficult for the players. (like the WCO for offensive players)

In the end ...... I guess I have to wonder how long we have to wait for real improvement to take place. H&H are going into their 3rd draft. If we win 6 games, and 0 or 1 in division, and come in 4th again, is that good enough for their 3rd year here? I don't know. I don't want to keep making changes. However, what happens if we have a repeat of last year, and we stink up the joint, and the fans finally have had enough? What if season ticket sales and luxury box sales drop even more?

I just don't know.

How long should we expect to wait for a 1st place team? How long should we wait to make the playoffs? How long should we wait to have a consistently good team?

One other thing I am going to say, that will again bring out the idiots who want to throw around disparaging comments, but I am going to say it anyway ..... is this .........

One thing that I will always thank Mangini for is that for a couple of glorious weeks in 2010, we had coverage on every national sports show ........ and it wasn't because we were a joke. When we knocked off the Saints and Pats, we were the toast of the town on every sports network, website, and were the next big thing. Then, of course, we fell off the map. But, for a couple of weeks, people covered the Browns as something other than a national joke. That was kinda nice.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No one will ever talk you down off the ledge you're on. Unless, of course, it was Eric Mangini.

Give it a rest.....the guy was 10-22. He wasn't that freakin' good......

Kinda like RG3....he's a legend in your mind....lol

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

No one will ever talk you down off the ledge you're on. Unless, of course, it was Eric Mangini.

As if on cue ...........

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

As if on cue ...........

With all due respect Ytown - he's right. Take it fwiw.

Legend
Legend
No, actually he;s not.

Obviously not everything went well during the Mangini years. However, to hear you tell it, we did absolutely nothing right . That's bull.

P
PDR Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Quote:

No, actually he;s not.

Obviously not everything went well during the Mangini years. However, to hear you tell it, we did absolutely nothing right . That's bull.

He's not right? Mangini was good?

Look, was everything a complete unmitigated disaster? No. It wasn't for Davis or Crennel, either. But that doesn't mean we made a mistake in canning them or that we should look upon them fondly.

Mangini stumbled out of the gate like no one I've ever seen. He wanted to be Bill Belichick so badly, but he lacked the cunning. The 2009 draft set us back years. He completely wasted our assets and loaded the team with aging castoffs from the job he'd just been fired from. He was lucky to get a second year, and he didn't show a whole lot of willingness to bend for his new boss. Keeping Daboll on board was a big part of his demise, IMO.

I don't get why you feel the need to get defensive or call people idiots who point out that you're in love with a guy who won ten games in two seasons. I also don't understand your portrayal of how he was jobbed, either. The guy came in, completely blew a draft, had his handpicked GM fired, went 1-11 to start the year, and was kept on by his new boss, who could've/should've rightfully canned him. And despite Holmgren's stated preference for the WCO, Mangini sticks with his boy Daboll. Points for loyalty, but the writing was on the wall. He also didn't play a guy his GM traded for, whom he'd signed off on. And he went 5-11 again.

I don't like Shurmur, and I'm on the fence with Heckert, but I don't miss Eric Mangini one bit.

Legend
Legend
And the 2nd quarter is heard from ........

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
YT,

it's FACT that Mangini left one of the oldest roster and we now have one of the youngest..that's fact..we shaved something like 3-4years off that AVG

...I also have to highlight how you tried to sneak Rubin into some Mangini holdover...he wasn't, he inherited him from Savage...."we're getting better" BECAUSE of Mangini? Are you being serious? The only above AVG player Shurmur inherited from his Napoleon season is Mack...that's it...ALL OTHER PIECES are from Savage or Heckert...we're getting better DESPITE that black hole year with the moron

...you should also go back and look at the record of that "cupcake" schedule, you'll be surprised

Also, why do you bring the Offense stats but no defense stats? They play Offense AND Defense in the NFL right? and a HC is responsible for both, right? and why do you keep comparing Mangini's 2nd year Offense to Shurmur's 1st year O here?

Mangini inherited Thomas, Rubin, Steinbach, Winslow and Edwards...that's at least 4 good players, he DECIDED to trade Winslow and BE (2 valuable pices at the time) into NOTHING instead of trying to "manage" them, he signed Royal and we went from Top 10 TE play to pretty much the worst...Mangini left Mack, a decent C...oh look Jeff Faine just got cut and Myers, Brown and Birk are available again as FA...that's why you don't draft C in round 1...you can get them every offseason

How long to wait? Look at the Lions...and they're still not winning their Division...it took them 3 seasons to sniff the POs

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
Anyone on the team was a Mangini holdover, otherwise there would be no one left on the team.

He only had one year of player acquisition responsibility.

This is a stupid argument anyway.

He traded Winslow and they brought in Watson the next year. (a wash in my eyes)

They traded Edwards after he got arrested for the 2nd time. Big deal. I don't care if they got a bag of balls for him. He was an underachieving receiver who had been arrested twice in less than a year.

Should we have signed Winslow to an extension, making him the highest paid TE in NFL history? He was "implying" that he would sit out if they didn't. (and he signed such a deal when he was traded to Tampa) Should they have kept Edwards under those circumstances?

P
PDR Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Quote:

He only had one year of player acquisition responsibility.

And what a year it was.

The only players remaining who he brought in are Alex Mack and Mohammed Massaquoi and Kaluka Maiava.

Quote:

Should we have signed Winslow to an extension, making him the highest paid TE in NFL history? He was "implying" that he would sit out if they didn't. (and he signed such a deal when he was traded to Tampa) Should they have kept Edwards under those circumstances?

Pointing to the warts of Edwards and Winslow doesn't take away from Mangini's ineptitude as a GM.

That offseason and draft was the worst we've had since '99. And that's saying something. That was the beginning of the end for Mangini.

The #5 for the #17, #52, Kenyon Coleman, Abe Elam, and Brett Ratliff. If Heckert pulled something like that, your head would explode.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

No, actually he;s not.

To hear me tell it????? Seriously?

I had no problem with mangini. He's not here now.

To hear me tell it???? Dude, get a grip.

Legend
Legend
Sorry, that was kind of a pass through comment to the other poster, since you agreed with him.

You may not have said anything like that. If that's the case, then I apologize.

I just get so sick of certain people blabbering anytime I make a comment on Mangini, no matter what it is.

Like I said in my original post ..... I knew that there were 2 posters who were definitely going to spew .... and I was right. They both did.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I have a question.

What do you expect our record to be next year? What is acceptable to you? How long should we build before we see a payoff, and maybe even a division title?

I'd like to hear the answers to those questions from you.

As for me, I have no idea what our record will be next year. I don't know who we'll have drafted or added in the free agency period.

I'll be happy with improvement. I would rather not have a flash improvement and then back to mediocrity or worse. I'd would rather have a stable front office structure, improved coaching (which is why I think the Brad Childress hiring might be a good one) and incremental improvement and assembling pieces that fit the system at a reasonable cost.

Well, the current regime (the Holmgren/Heckert one) is now in the 'hump' year of their contracts. This is their third year at the helm of a five-year contract. Shouldn't we see what they put together before we call for their heads on a stick?

Now, back to answering your questions about what might be expected of the Browns record in the 2012 season? Judging by what who I would like to see them draft, the 'gut feeling' that I think they'll actually do and how well I think the team will come together and improve with the additions on the roster and improved play-calling, I think the Browns will probably go 7-9, with probably two (but maybe three) divisional wins.

Looking at the opponents, we have our usual rivals for 6 games but then we have the NFC East (at home vs. Philly & Washington and on the road vs. Dallas & NYG). Then we also get the AFC West (at home vs. KC & Denver and on the road vs. SD and Oakland). We also get the cellar dwellers (as we were) from the AFC East (Buffalo) and AFC South (Indy).

That schedule, on the surface, doesn't look very easy but there will be lots of off-season football activity between now and then. We'll have to see how things work out.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I didn't spew anything, sweetpea.

I just stated what everyone on here knows but you refuse to acknowledge.

Tell me what I said that was wrong. And I'd like a direct quote. Not what you THINK I meant.

I'll wait.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Legend
Legend
I said in my post that you would spew .... and you did.

I swear that the first thing you must do when you log in here is do a search for "Mangini".

P
PDR Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Quote:

I said in my post that you would spew .... and you did.

You keep saying that like it proves something.

I imagine if I were constantly harping about how Crennel was a good coach, and that we shouldn't have let him go, and citing the MNF game against the Giants, I would probably hear it from other posters.

Legend
Legend
And the other one I knew would spew pops up again .......

You say constantly, but how often do I mention Mangini, that is not a reply to a question or comment about him?

Really? How often?

Of course, you don't care about that ..... you just spew whenever you get the chance .....

P
PDR Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Quote:

And the other one I knew would spew pops up again .......

You say constantly, but how often do I mention Mangini, that is not a reply to a question or comment about him?

Really? How often?

Of course, you don't care about that ..... you just spew whenever you get the chance .....

I couldn't care less how often or little you talk about Mangini. I generally only say something when it's ridiculous statements, such as calling people idiots for questioning praise for a coach that went 10-22 and burned the barn down in the process, or saying that Brian Daboll did a 'great job' in Miami

Legend
Legend
Yeah, we've improved so much in the past year .,....... man ... look at the progress .......

I remember last year, in the playoffs, when the Browns ......

Oh. Never mind.

Well, look at how our offense improved last year. Look at how many more points we scored then the year befo ......

Oh. Never mind.

Well, at least we won more games than the year ....

Oh.

Oops.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And the endless rain of sunshine continues to shine. Frankly put, I'm sick and tired of hearing this doom and gloom message here. Ever since we didn't get a trade in place for RGiii, all I've been hearing from certain people have been doom and gloom with every move or non-move that the Browns do. And all those trade scenarios were speculative. Maybe we did offer 3 first round picks, maybe we didn't, but the fact remains is that we didn't and that's that. All I see is that this is just one big hissy fit based that we didn't get the prospect that they wanted and now they are magnifying every move and considering it as a bad move.

Frankly, we need to move on from this and stop sitting around in this negative light that continues to breed even more negativity. From this point on, I'm going to start placing certain users on Ignore for the next few months because frankly, I'm sick of hearing of their negativity on all aspects of every move or non-move.I can see being upset here and there, but this negativity is going beyond just a statement of being upset and turning more into an obsession of being negative.

So frankly put for the next few months, I'm going to actually have a few people on ignore just because I'm sick and tired of hearing them spew the same crap over and over again.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
Legend
Legend
Quote:

And the endless rain of sunshine continues to shine. Frankly put, I'm sick and tired of hearing this doom and gloom message here. Ever since we didn't get a trade in place for RGiii, all I've been hearing from certain people have been doom and gloom with every move or non-move that the Browns do. And all those trade scenarios were speculative. Maybe we did offer 3 first round picks, maybe we didn't, but the fact remains is that we didn't and that's that. All I see is that this is just one big hissy fit based that we didn't get the prospect that they wanted and now they are magnifying every move and considering it as a bad move.

Frankly, we need to move on from this and stop sitting around in this negative light that continues to breed even more negativity. From this point on, I'm going to start placing certain users on Ignore for the next few months because frankly, I'm sick of hearing of their negativity on all aspects of every move or non-move.I can see being upset here and there, but this negativity is going beyond just a statement of being upset and turning more into an obsession of being negative.

So frankly put for the next few months, I'm going to actually have a few people on ignore just because I'm sick and tired of hearing them spew the same crap over and over again.

Dude, why are you being so negative...?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Dude, why are you being so negative...?

Ok, I'll be a little more positive. It won't be a couple months, but one month.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
Legend
Legend
There we go!

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Yeah, we've improved so much in the past year .,....... man ... look at the progress .......

Oh. Never mind.

Well, look at how our offense improved last year. Look at how many more points we scored then the year befo ......

Oh. Never mind.

Oh.

Oops.

No mention of our much improved defense or the development of some pretty good young players. That's weird.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Oh. Never mind.

Oh. Never mind.

Oh.

Oops.

No mention of our much improved defense or the development of some pretty good young players. That's weird.

There's no doubt that the defense has improved ..... however the poster I responded to referred to the former offensive coordinator ...... and thus I addressed the ....... offense.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

My being positive or negative isn't going to change things one bit.

I have been positive when others have been negative ...... and what did that do? As much as I might like to think that my words or feelings might have some mystical effect on the team ...... that they might actually do what I want them to do ..... they almost never do. In fact, the team doing what I want them to do almost defies statistical improbability. I want them to win every week ....... I have certain players I would like to see brought in, started, benched, etc. .......... but they usually aren't. If we don;t do the things that I think will make the team successful, and the team continues to lose, should I feign message board nirvana just so I don;t upset the sensibilities of some people? Heck, I thought that a message board was for expressing ourselves ..... not falling into some bizarre and cult like group think that defies logic. This team has been a really bad team for a very long time. How many years ... or decades ..... has it been since we won the division? (Here's a clue .... think ..... Bud Carson) How long has it been since we even just did something well from one year to the next? This team has been more psychotic than any woman I have ever known ....... and I have known a few who were really out there. lol This team has one personality one year ...... then is the complete opposite the next. The only things consistent about this team are inconsistency ....and losing. I'm not going to pretend that this doesn't frustrate the hell out of me. I've been a Browns fan for almost 40 years now, and I have seen a lot ...... and I mean a LOT of bad football. I want to see something that resembles the game the rest of the league plays once in a while, and maybe even for a few years in a row sometime before I die.

When the season starts, I will be here ... week in and week out ...... hoping against hope for victories that probably won't come ....... and cheering my ass off for the team I love ....... even if we start out 3-6 again this year ...... and are out of playoff contention by the midway point of the season.

I do reserve the right to be critical of the team's performance and individual players' performance if those performances warrant criticism. Somehow I don't think that the Browns will wither under my (occasionally) blistering message board critique. lol If they do, then they shouldn't be in the positions they're in.

Like I said ..... when the season starts, I will be cheering my butt off for the Browns ...... I will watch every game, no matter how painful they become ...... but my fandom does not mean that I have to give up a critical eye. Further, when I disagree vehemently with certain moves the team has made, or has not made, (and there have been both) I see no reason to pretend that I think that all is wonderful. I'm sorry if that upsets you so much.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

My being positive or negative isn't going to change things one bit.

YT...you are mostly negative..

..not much different than the radio/internet media in the Cleveland area.

I'm convinced the boys on KNR are boys for the most part...a bunch of wet behind the ears punks who have never done anything hard in their lives and cry about everything that happens contrary to their opinion.

They are immature and demand what they want now...and if they don't get what they want, they look for someone to blame...they use the airwaves to try to influence the fan base and IMO, it has worked.

It also be noted, the talking heads screen their calls...if you disagree with their opinions, kind of tough to get on their programs. It is a sort of brainwashing...

...this morning, the talking heads are trying to promote Browns fans to stop being Browns fans.

If you are listening to that kind of crap and you bring it to this message board...shame on you...you allow yourselfs to become followers and help to promote the talking heads agenda....jmho...mac

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Rams/Redskins Trade Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard