Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#669143 03/11/12 03:39 PM
P
PDR Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Thought I'd continue the discussion here.

Divot:

Quote:

Who do you think will have the better team in 3 to 5 years, Rams or Skins?

Snyder killed his team for at least 5 more years.

If I were a Rams fan I'd be giddy right now. I'm not all that high on what I've seen from Bradford, but there is potential there, and now you're sitting at the #6 pick, an extra second, and two extra firsts for the next two years. That's an amazing opportunity right there.

YTown:

Quote:

Actually, I have not called them failures, other than being firmly in the driver's seat in this deal, and blowing it.

What were we supposed to do? Offer more?

I couldn't be happier that we weren't the ones to pull the trigger on this mess of a deal. I'd be hard pressed to make that deal for Luck, who is far less of a risk than Griffin. I know you like the guy and all, but how is not outbidding Snyder's cartoonish move blowing something?

Snyder lost his mind and sold the farm. What were we supposed to do to not have not blown it?

Legend
Legend
As I said elsewhere, the fact that the salaries have gone down for high draft picks has driven the price to trade up, especially for positions of high value, like QB.

It used to be that a team drafting a QB high would risk tens of millions of dollars. Now, Cam Newton last year got what ...... 4 years and $22 million? That's not much to risk on a financial basis. Further, as shown by the fact that we have tried hard to trade up in 2 of Heckert/Holmgren's drafts thus far (counting this year) QBs have major value. Since there is far less risk on a financial basis, teams like the Rams, who have already made their commitment to a QB, can demand a king's ransom from teams desperately in need of a QB. Those teams will pay more in terms of draft picks, because it is rare that you can actually trade up for a top QB, and the financial risk is all but gone. Trades of this nature will become more expensive into the future, not less.

Hell, we traded down last year, and granted it was a pretty good drop, but we stayed in the 1st, and got a total of 2 1st round picks, a 2nd, and 2 4th round picks. That's quite a king's ransom for #5 as well ..... especially considering that it was for a WR, not considered a position of as high a value.

I bet that we will see trades involving more than the Redskins paid in the future, should a similar situation occur, or should a team with a young, franchise quality QB somehow wind up with a top pick. (because of injury, or similar situation) However, in most cases, teams at the top of the draft will need a QB, and will be unwilling to trade. That's why a pick like the Rams had such value. It was actually available.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
All Pro
All Pro
This was from the RG3 thread....I pretty much nailed what it would take.....I was told even the 3 firsts and some mid rounds were to much....and he went for 3 firsts and a second.....either the Browns just did not want him or the price just got to high.....we will see how he does with the Skins.

HACK

Quote:

I don't think it is all about this year as much as total value....Stl. is not a year away...or a player away...its going to need to build from the ground up...they have maybe 20 players that they feel they can build around...

If the Redskins were to just offer 10 first round picks over the next 12 years....You have to take it...doesn't matter that the Skins might be drafting #32 every year from now till 2024.

Fisher will put his stamp on this team over the next 3 years so 3 first round picks over the next 3 years would appeal to him....6 first rounders to build around....Letting Fisher move up or down has he sees fit.

I just don't think its as simple as 2 first this year might be more valuable in the short term than 1 and 1.....but what if the offer is 1 and 1 and 1 with a couple of mid rounders thrown in as well. The Skins are known for giving up draft picks, and using free agency to fill gaps.

All that being said...I think he will be a Brown if they want him.... everyone else will just be driving up the price a little higher than most would like.

HACK

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Going from the first topic, the Rams will be way better off.

For one, I think the first great thing they did was hire Jeff Fisher, who's one of the most respected men in the league, and a very good coach.

And now this? If done right they could have set themselves up, The NFC West going forward might not be the pushover that it's been for the last 7 or 8 years.

I think they have some pieces in place there, but considering they received all those picks, and only moved a few spots back is incredible.

As far as Washington goes, unless RG3 turns into a mega superstar, they may run Dan Snyder out of town. I don't think that team was a QB away. He'll probably blow a ton of money in FA when he gets the chance.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, I don't get the "we blew it" thinking ... No prospect is worth 3 first round picks and more.
He's not even the best QB in this Draft and he comes with warts too.
Washington will continue to go against the grain and try to build a team around Griffen with FA.

It will also put them in cap hell down the road. I actually feel sorry that Griffen is going to such a backwards thinking Franchise.

Griffen is not the be all to end all for this Franchise.

I'm also glad the cats out of the bag and now we can turn our attention to the rest of our Draft and FA signings.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
TO to Washington? followed by Randy Moss to Washington?

I think that would work out well for RG3..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

TO to Washington? followed by Randy Moss to Washington?

I think that would work out well for RG3..

Reaaally how so? Did they both lose 10 years? What continuity could they offer?

Half cocked statement, without forethought imo.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
lol not exactly the players I would want to surround my rookie QB with. He holds the ball so long, it wont matter with 2 games against Tuck and company and 2 games against Demarcus Ware and Rob Ryan's defense and 2 games against Phily's blitzing defense. Combine a porous offensive line with facing those elite NFL defenses and well it is not gonna be pretty.

Legend
Legend
Do u really think Snyder cares about continuity?

They both provide solid deep ball threats.. RG3 can throw money balls w/ ease. It would work. Now would it happen? probably not..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Am I missing something here ... How did it cost the Redskins 3 , three , first round picks ???

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Do u really think Snyder cares about continuity?

They both provide solid deep ball threats.. RG3 can throw money balls w/ ease. It would work. Now would it happen? probably not..

I don't think he thinks past his nose.

Your thinking in yesteryear. They are both a year removed from the game and both have long since been in their prime.

Maybe they should trade for Wallace ... Oh wait they don't have that option anymore

[Linked Image]

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Some people on here like to use wierd math.. Yes they will use 3 First rounds picks minus the ONE they already had in the bank. It "Cost" three but they had one in the bank so it really only cost TWO extra firsts and a 2nd.

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Legend
Legend
I definitely think it would be wise for them to pick up one of the two.

TO played very well the last season he suited up in the NFL. Nobody stays in better shape than TO. The last guy to do so was Jerry Rice, and he played till 41.

Reports are that Moss looked good in NO, and has another workout for SF on Monday.

Either guy would be q great safety blanket for Griffin IMO, as they have no legit receivers on the roster after Santana Moss right now. Hankerson could develop, but as a rookie he'll need more than that.

After watching the '91 'Skins special on NFLN hearing them talk about "Sprint Bomb" basically carrying them through the season, I'd say it's about even money that Nick Toon is their first pick when the third round rolls around.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Some people on here like to use wierd math.. Yes they will use 3 First rounds picks minus the ONE they already had in the bank. It "Cost" three but they had one in the bank so it really only cost TWO extra firsts and a 2nd.

So did the Redskins trade 2 or 3 1st rounders ?

the answer is yes. Both are true depending how you phrase it.

The Redskins did indeed trade 3 1st rounders to the Rams. The Rams traded one 1st rounder to the Redskins. True.

The Redskins gave the Rams 3 1st rounders in exchange for 1 1st rounder for a net total of 2. True

The Redskin traded two 1st rounders to the Rams to exchange 1st round picks. True.

It is all in the semantics. Regardless, the Redskins gave three1st rounders to the Rams. An unprecedented amount. True.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Damanshot:

CLEARLY? well, maybe you've seen where someone from the Browns has said we offered anything.. But really, all I've seen is that it was Reported by a reporter and then re-reported by another then another and so on and so on.

I think I read that Heckert said they spoke to the Rams.. but I don't remember anyone saying that we offered anything? I'm not at all convinced that the Rams didn't float that in order to wrangle more out of the Redskins..

Then something else...
Quote:

I'm also a wondering where did the reporters get the information that the team had made an actual offer?

I'll ask this again, Heckert said that rumors of them trading up to get the 2nd pick were crazy. to those that wanted RG3, it's misdirection. to those of us that didn't care, it's,, hey,, he said it was crazy.. why was anyone suprised when he didn't do it?

It's funny how a persons hopes change the meanings of things said....

Who said he didn't try?

Daman, you also said that Shefter got his information from a St. Louis paper.

MaryK says differently:

Quote:

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns offered at least their No. 4 and No. 22 overall picks in this year's draft to trade up to No. 2, a report said, but now it's time to look at life without Robert Griffin III.

As of last week, the Browns were unwilling to include their No. 22, but they acquiesced, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Saturday.

ESPN's Adam Schefter, citing Cleveland sources, reported that the Browns offered a third first-round pick and were also prepared to throw in a second-rounder. Schefter said the Browns thought they had a deal, only to discover the Redskins had outbid them.
web page

Sooner or later you're going to have to take someone's word for something. You cannot shrug off these reports until 100% proven then turn right around and say "Why are people surprised Heckert didn't make the deal?" when he hasn't come right out and said he didn't try to get RG3.

If you're gonna ride the fence, right it all the way.

We've got numerous reports from numerous sources saying the Browns tried to trade the farm for Griffin, but not one single report saying they didn't.

Time to use some common sense...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I bet that we will see trades involving more than the Redskins paid in the future, should a similar situation occur, or should a team with a young, franchise quality QB somehow wind up with a top pick. (because of injury, or similar situation) However, in most cases, teams at the top of the draft will need a QB, and will be unwilling to trade. That's why a pick like the Rams had such value. It was actually available.

I'm not sure we'll see trades like this in the future.

I think the market sets what people will do and people don't just go off what someone else does.

People will still only give up what they think someone is worth. And Dan Snyder swapping firsts, trading and two future firsts and a second plus some other picks, doesn't have to set the market.

It's set by what the teams looking to trade up are willing to give up and what the other team is willing to take in return.

Just look at the Jets Mark Sanchez deal with us. We didn't get much from it at all. Years earlier, the Ricky Williams deal involved a huge trade up and someone made a killing from it.

May be this shows the increased value of QBs in this league, but I dunno. I just don't think NFL GMs are like sheep and are going to follow this deal just because that was the deal. Every player you're trading up for is different and every team is different
-------------------------------------
And i'm not gonna blame our GM for not getting RG3 either. If it's something like the vikings on draft day and being late to hand in your draft card, that's fair. But losing to Dan Snyder in an auction, doesn't have to be a bad thing. You value a guy how you value a guy, and spending more than you think they're worth is how you lose

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Now that could pose a problem.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
It depends on the player. Sanchez wasn't as highly thought of as griffin. Plus, maybe there weren't multiple bidders going for his services like with griffin. That's what it came down to, the rams knew there were multiple teams willing to trade up. Thus the rams got the offer from the skins.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Am I missing something here ... How did it cost the Redskins 3 , three , first round picks ???

to get the 2nd pick in the draft this april, they had to give up 3 of thier first round picks..1 this year, 1 next and 1 the year after. it's a 3 for 1 deal (not counting the 2nd rounder they gave up also)

I suppose it could be argued that they only gave up two first rounders because it's merely a swap of firsts this year.. But that's not the way it's viewed...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Quote:

We've got numerous reports from numerous sources saying the Browns tried to trade the farm for Griffin, but not one single report saying they didn't.

I think the Browns need to make a statement on this whole situation soon. One way or the other they should clear the air.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

It depends on the player. Sanchez wasn't as highly thought of as griffin. Plus, maybe there weren't multiple bidders going for his services like with griffin. That's what it came down to, the rams knew there were multiple teams willing to trade up. Thus the rams got the offer from the skins.

Exactly, that's what I was saying.

Depends on the player (and how much a team values him) and what you're willing to take. The Redskins thought Griffin was worth what they gave him, St. Louis said, we're willing to give up our pick for that and bam, there's a deal.

I just don't agree with Ytown where he said, this trade goes to show that moving up in the 1st round will be very expensive from now on. It's just one trade and based on those three sets of things (How much the Redskins were willing to give up for RG3, how much we were willing to give up RG3, and if that's enough for the Rams to swap picks). Different sets of teams, different sets of players, and things won't be the same.

I don't think this deal has to set a precedent or anything. These guys are their own people, they aren't sheep

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
B
Legend
Legend
B
May not be how it's viewed by some, but in the end the Skins are out two 1st rounders.

They get a first rounder this year, and don't for the next two...thus, it cost two first rounders.

The Rams get a first rounder this year just as before and a extra for the next two years, thus a gain of two first round picks.

Pretty simple really.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

to get the 2nd pick in the draft this april, they had to give up 3 of thier first round picks..1 this year, 1 next and 1 the year after. it's a 3 for 1 deal (not counting the 2nd rounder they gave up also)

I suppose it could be argued that they only gave up two first rounders because it's merely a swap of firsts this year.. But that's not the way it's viewed...

................................................................................................................

No wonder I am usually the odd man out on the board .. In my eye they swapped this year 2 for 6 and Gave UP two first rounders in 13 and 14 .. So they gave TWO extra first rounders for RG3 !

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

................................................................................................................

No wonder I am usually the odd man out on the board .. In my eye they swapped this year 2 for 6 and Gave UP two first rounders in 13 and 14 .. So they gave TWO extra first rounders for RG3 !

The Devil is in the details ... I do not remember anyone stating that they gave up 3 'extra' first round picks, but they did give up 3 1st round picks to move up for one, no matter how it is spun.

They gave up their 6th selection (along with their 2nd round selection) this year = 1 1st round pick.
Additionally they will forfeit their 1st round picks in 2013 and 2014 = 2 more 1st round picks for the 2nd selection overall this year.

The Rams get (3) 1st round picks for their 2nd selection for a net gain of 2 1st round picks for dropping 4 spots.

The Redskins will not have a 1st round pick of their own until the Draft of 2015.

[Linked Image]

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Toad...did you hear that Peyton Hillis was going to join the CIA?

web page

Take note, who was the writer to break the "Hillis to join CIA" story?

...same guy making claims about the Browns trading with the Rams.

It really doesn't matter if the Browns tried make a deal with the Rams or not ...if the Browns did try, we need to thank the football Gods that someone in the front office had brains enough not to mortgage the franchises future for just one man.

Now the Browns can return to rebuilding the team via the draft.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sorry FL. but that sounds like a Govt. trying to explain a program thats good for us ! .. In my book , the Rams picked up two additional firsts ....

Legend
Legend
First of all, there usually aren't 2 guys considered to be franchise QBs in most drafts. Usually there's one, and the team sitting at #1 overall generally is sitting there because they have been starting some guy who would struggle in the Arena League. With that in mind, there is no way that a team with a glaring and gaping need at QB would ever trade away a guy they consider to be a true franchise guy. This is especially true given the new lower price tag on a high pick from a salary and bonus aspect.

This year was a special year in that there were 2 such guys available in the draft, and the team at #2 has their franchise guy, he was hurt and is coming back, and they don't need a second franchise QB. Thus they were in position to sell the pick to the highest bidder.

This, obviously won't happen very often. (which is why this could really hurt us) Most drafts have one guy considered to be a surefire franchise guy at most. Most teams who wind up in position to take that guy have a huge need for a franchise QB. This year was different. However, if such a situation occurs again, the pricetag will likely be even higher. There are always teams who need a great QB desperately. Teams will pay a massive premium if they think that they have a franchise guy. With the salary cap not being as big a consideration with rookies anymore, this means that more teams can afford such a trade from a cap perspective. This will create more demand should such a situation arise, and the price will likely be even higher. (especially if RG3 succeeds in Washington)

There are very few drafts were there are 2 guys right at the top. When it happened with Manning and Rivers, it was still those 2 teams taking those 2 QBs.

In essense, the Chargers got 2 first round picks (one of which was Phillip Rivers), a 4th and a 5th ....... and still got their franchise QB. Was the trade for RG3 really that much more unbalanced? The Rams moved down a considerable amount, and will not be in the market for a QB. They can take a lower pick, and fill needs at any number of positions. They wanted quantity, where the Chargers wanted a particular quality player, along with draft picks. I would imagine that there would have been an even larger premium attached to that trade if Rivers had gone to a different team. What would have been the price if, say, Oakland had taken Rivers? I bet it might have hit the 3 first round mark. That would have been in an era with massive rookie salaries, too.

Anyway, this was a situation not likely to come about again for quite a few years. It is rare that you get 2 guys considered to be franchise QBs in the same draft. Usually you get a guy like Stafford, followed up by a schlub like Sanchez. Usually there is a massive perceived difference between the top 2 guys. Rarely is there a situation where one guy is expected to be a surefire #1 type guy, and the 2nd guy might even be more exciting.

Anyway .... hopefully we can someday come up with a great QB from somewhere. We really aren't going to win our division, let alone a Super Bowl, without one.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If I'm Heckert I'm waging war on the NFL..I'm taking the best deals and the best players I can get...I'm gonna make the Rams and Synder's cup very bare if I can.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Sorry FL. but that sounds like a Govt. trying to explain a program thats good for us ! .. In my book , the Rams picked up two additional firsts ....

We all understand that their first round picks are exchanged, but technical they are part of the traded selections.

So the Rams get 2 extra 1st and a high 2nd round pick to trade down 4 slots.

That's a lot to give up for any 1 prospect. Notice I did not call him a player, because until he has played a down in the League, that's all he is.

Like when I went to Pairs Island for boot camp ... I was called a recruit and not private, because that has to be earned.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Quote:

That's a lot to give up for any 1 prospect. Notice I did not call him a player, because until he has played a down in the League, that's all he is.

Like when I went to Pairs Island for boot camp ... I was called a recruit and not private, because that has to be earned.

its football man.. its not that serious.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If I'm Heckert I'm waging war on the NFL..I'm taking the best deals and the best players I can get...I'm gonna make the Rams and Synder's cup very bare if I can.

Attack, I'm one of those guys who believes that you can find talent anywhere in the Draft. There isn't a Draft where we don't have examples of this. I Guess I value Draft picks higher then most, is what I am trying to say.

Since our return in 99, the past two Drafts I thought where our best overall, so I am still optimistic about this years Draft (possibly QB's aside), that we will add some more key peaces.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

its football man.. its not that serious.

What ever man

They still have to prove they belong at the top level of the game.

I seen too many 'can't miss prospect' come and go, so I'm not blowing smoke up your butt dude.

But your welcome to your opinion.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No I know that ..I know as well as anyone in here that U can find talent in late rounds...right now I 'm stoked about tgis..I want the Browns to take the starch out of the rest of league..everyone will be eyeing the Redskins and the Rams during and after the draft..I want the BROWNS to surpass anything those freakin two teams can do.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

Math can be fun...here's how I see it.

Over the next three drafts - 2012-2014 - and barring any trades...the Rams will pick (3) players and the Skins will pick (1)...so...

The Skins think RG3 is worth (3) 1st Rd picks...the one they use on him and the two they gave up. (Not to mention the 2nd Rdr.)

I'm sorry...but...that's just stupid. I would not have given up that much to draft Luck.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

No I know that ..I know as well as anyone in here that U can find talent in late rounds...right now I 'm stoked about tgis..I want the Browns to take the starch out of the rest of league..everyone will be eyeing the Redskins and the Rams during and after the draft..I want the BROWNS to surpass anything those freakin two teams can do.

I think we all would be in favor of that and lord knows we posters do not unanimously agree on much. LOL

[Linked Image]

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You will like this Mourg Keep in mind though that this same guy liked David Veikune too

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Did-the-Redskins-give-up-too-much-for-RG3.html

Did the Redskins give up too much for RG3?

Was Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill actually a better value? Wes Bunting

The Washington Redskins decided three 1st round picks and a second rounder was the appropriate price tag for a talent like Baylor QB Robert Griffin III. Did they pay too much?

Why I like the deal…

Griffin ICONGriffin III has an elite skill set.

It wasn’t too much for the simple reason that you can never put a price tag on a franchise quarterback, especially one with the overall talent level of a guy like Robert Griffin III. He’s a quarterback who can create second lives in the pocket, make all the throws, kill you with his legs and is a perfect fit for the Skins boot action offense. Plus, you get a guy who “gets it” from the shoulders up. He’s willing to put in the work, win football games on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with his hard work and preparation, and has shown the willingness to work at his trade and get better.

Griffin III also has elite upside at the position, is a leader who everyone seems to rally around and does the two things every offense needs from their QB in order to win…

1. Move the chains consistently.
2. Creates big plays on all levels of the field.

Why I question the deal…

It’s as simple as Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill.

I might be one of the biggest Ryan Tannehill supporters out there. However, despite the talent of Robert Griffin III, when you weigh the options of Tannehill for a first round pick and Griffin III for three 1st rounders and a second, I am of the thought personally that Tannehill is the better value.

Now, obviously I like Griffin III more as a prospect. However, I also think Tannehill can be a heck of a quarterback in the NFL and has the talent/mental aptitude needed to be a franchise signal caller. Therefore, in my view the idea of getting Tannehill in the first round, even in the top ten, is a more attractive option for the Skins because of his skill set and fit in the boot action offense, than risking the future of the franchise for any single prospect.

But that’s just my take.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

j/c

Math can be fun...here's how I see it.

Over the next three drafts - 2012-2014 - and barring any trades...the Rams will pick (3) players and the Skins will pick (1)...so...

The Skins think RG3 is worth (3) 1st Rd picks...the one they use on him and the two they gave up. (Not to mention the 2nd Rdr.)

I'm sorry...but...that's just stupid. I would not have given up that much to draft Luck.

None the less, the irrefutable fact is the Skins are minus two first round picks.

They have one this year.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Yeah, you can agree or disagree on the wisdom of the move. But, I guess I look at it like this (though I can't believe this is actually a big point of contention):

Prior to the trade:

# of Rams 1st round picks over the next 3 years: 3
# of Redskins 1st round picks over the next 3 years: 3

After the trade:

# of Rams 1st round picks over the next 3 years: 5
# of Redskins 1st round picks over the next 3 years: 1

Rams pick up 2
Redskins give up 2

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I am of the opinion, if the skins are right on griffin, than they made a great deal. I've been following this draft for 20+ years, it's very difficult to hit on 3 first rd pocks. Most teams have quite a few busts. Just look at our draft history.? It's an all or nothing gamble, but if the skins get their quarterback for the next 10-15 years, no one will care about a few picks over the long haul.

Legend
Legend
The redskins traded this year's first, next year's first, and their first from the year after that, as well as a secondthis year.

They traded three firsts and a second.

For that trade, they got #2 overall this year.

They are using that pick to take Robert Griffin.

They traded three first round draft picks and one second round draft pick for Robert griffin.

There is no other math.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Rams/Redskins Trade Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard