Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Frostee comin' to town.
I would suggest to all you that live in the Cleveland Metro Area,
keep your women inside,behind locked doors.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

So like is Mary Kay going to write about this guy ?? I really have to question this one.

She is probably scared.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Hide yo kids, hide yo wife?

Lock up your daughters, lock up your wife?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I want to go back to knowing nothing about him...

+1

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Apparently we have an organization that wants us to be as proud of the character of our players as we are of their talent.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

lock up your wife?

that got Frostee in trouble once before (well g/f but still)

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Dont get the wrong Idea Ytown,, I am not defending this pick up.. dont know much about the guy at all.. and I honestly didnt know about his legal trouble,, just pointing out there is a difference between accused and convicted...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You guys DO realize that he never was convicted?

Internet heroes all going pitchfork over a guy on some internet articles? Really? When was his last "incident" or accusation? Whatever happened to getting a 2nd chance?...if this guy was a serial rapist, he would NOT be in this league anymore and not be signed by the Browns or Pats, who were interested too...

He might be...I don't know, but you sure as heck don't know either...this regime has a track record of aquiring good character guys (see my past profiles thread in the draft forum), so they get the benefit of the doubt on Rucker

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

You guys DO realize that he never was convicted?

Internet heroes all going pitchfork over a guy on some internet articles? Really? When was his last "incident" or accusation? Whatever happened to getting a 2nd chance?...if this guy was a serial rapist, he would NOT be in this league anymore and not be signed by the Browns or Pats, who were interested too...

I've ripped on the guy for years to Bengals fans as part of their group of convicts, and he comes to the Browns.......

He's a decent player, and I'm thinking he's gonna rotate in at LDE and DT (on third downs). That's the side Sheard is comfortable on I think. Still leaves a sport for the RDE position to be filled.

I dunno Django, where there's smoke, there's usually fire, and guys who beat women are no good in my book. Always pissed me off when we had Cosey Coleman on the team too.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just spent time reading up on Ruckers legal issues. I cannot say that I am happy about this signing. I want the Browns to be a team I am proud to call my own.

I'm disappointed in Heckert.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
j/c

Browns get rid of Braylon Edwards "WHY CAN'T WE TAKE ON PLAYERS WITH PROBLEMS!"

Browns sign Frostee Rucker "WHY ARE WE PUTTING PLAYERS WITH PROBLEMS ON THIS TEAM!"

I don't give a flying ., I want to see this team win football games. If you'd rather be proud of them for being upstanding citizens, then so be it.

Rucker brings much needed depth and talent to a position that needs it dearly. He's not a starter, but definitely a first guy off the bench like player.

you had a good run Hank.
N
Legend
Legend
N
when ESPN OTL dedicates a 30min segment to your past troubles, it's a bit more than normal.

and, true, he was never convicted, but when you are accused at least 4 times and arrested 2 of these times (and kicked out of school for one of the others) along with the arrests for assault and more arrests for streaking, and cited for flashing his genitalia in class? 2nd chance? he's a little beyond that.

all that being said, I hope he has conquered his demons and is a positive impact on our team.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

j/c

Browns get rid of Braylon Edwards "WHY CAN'T WE TAKE ON PLAYERS WITH PROBLEMS!"

Browns sign Frostee Rucker "WHY ARE WE PUTTING PLAYERS WITH PROBLEMS ON THIS TEAM!"

I don't give a flying ., I want to see this team win football games. If you'd rather be proud of them for being upstanding citizens, then so be it.

Rucker brings much needed depth and talent to a position that needs it dearly. He's not a starter, but definitely a first guy off the bench like player.

We all want to see them win games. I just don't want to be a bungles fan.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

What do you guys expect? This is ridiculous

They want household names who cost $billions of dollars and bring with them the false hope of making the team an instant winner.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I just want good players, who also happen to be people I can be proud of as a fan. (or, at least not ashamed of)

I really don't think that is unreasonable.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

I don't get all the long faces...this is a solid signing...

In reply to Brownoholic (I believe) I'd stated that if I knew Rucker wasn't signed to be a starter it'd be a great signing, but because Heckert gave us the uber-productive Jayme Mitchell as our starter last season, I'm not going to celebrate this signing until I KNOW he's not slated to be the starter.

As a rotational guy this is a plus signing. As a starter this is a poor gamble. I'm reserving judgement until I see exactly which way Heckert is going with Rucker.

I would assume since this is fairly early in the process, this is a key part.

We may still draft a DE who will end up starting, but more than likely this is Hecks idea of upgrade.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It is an upgrade. Just not a fancy one.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

It is an upgrade. Just not a fancy one.

Whatever.

The longer this goes, Homie and Heck impress me less and less.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I just want good players, who also happen to be people I can be proud of as a fan. (or, at least not ashamed of)

I really don't think that is unreasonable.

I'll second this.

It's one thing to be a rowdy type player, or a loud mouth, but I will not root for players that I wouldn't want my kids or niece and nephews to look up to.

That said, does the disdain for him on here stem from his 2006 incident with his girlfriend? Were the charges ever actually taken to court, or were all charges dropped?
What is it about this guy that has everyone upset?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Quote:

Quote:

They want household names who cost $billions of dollars and bring with them the false hope of making the team an instant winner.

OR they expect something that at least looks like an upgrade. He may be better than Mitchell on the field, but Mitchell is better off the field. Personally I feel like all we're doing is signing scrubs. Sure we kept a few of our guys (IMO that should have already been done), but then we let some good guys walk and we're bringing in what?

I just hope that somehow mediocre + inept = Super Bowl, because that seems to be our FO's formula.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
N
Legend
Legend
N
from my post above

Quote:

when ESPN OTL dedicates a 30min segment to your past troubles, it's a bit more than normal.

and, true, he was never convicted, but when you are accused at least 4 times (of some type of sexual assault or rape) and arrested 2 of these times (and kicked out of school for one of the others) along with the arrests for assault and more arrests for streaking, and cited for flashing his genitalia in class? 2nd chance? he's a little beyond that.

all that being said, I hope he has conquered his demons and is a positive impact on our team.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

What is it about this guy that has everyone upset?

It's his first name. Makes him sound like a snowman or a thick milkshake, maybe both.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Like I said ... this guy has beaten his wife, raped (although he got the charges reduced) a girl while in one college ...... and another girl in another college ...... whipped out his junk in a classroom while in high school ...... and harassed numerous other girls along the way ....... and has had 2 or 3 other girls accuse him of rape while not wanting to go through all of the pain of prosecuting.

If this all happened after he was famous ..... then maybe we could write it off as someone chasing dollars. If it was just one or 2 instances ..... then maybe ...... but there has been a lifelong pattern of really crappy (I really wanted to use a different words that would have been more appropriate, but I don't believe it would be allowed on the board) treatment of women throughout his entire life, and everywhere he has gone.

If it was just one instance. then maybe. If it was an instance, then another, long ago, and he had learned from it ..... then maybe. However, this guy has been a serial abuser for almost his entire life.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

... this guy has beaten his wife, raped (although he got the charges reduced) a girl while in one college ...... and another girl in another college ...... whipped out his junk in a classroom while in high school ...... and harassed numerous other girls along the way ....... and has had 2 or 3 other girls accuse him of rape while not wanting to go through all of the pain of prosecuting.

Good God! I didn't know all THAT!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Years ago ESPN (IIRC) did a special on him. This guy is scum big time.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

This scrub cost 20 mil.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
It's Shiny Season ... where everyone WANTS to be the Redskins or Tampa Bay of this year ... but we went through this same thing last year.

Remember when we "passed" on all of those big name free agents last year, added depth with Usama Young, Dmitri Patterson (late) and Brandon Jackson (who should be better this year). They were all good signings where we didn't break the bank on a single guy ala Garcon.

Heck - Rucker's deal is only 8 mil guaranteed over 5 years. That's 1.6 million per year.

Add in Sheard's contract who is set to make about 725k this year .. and our starting DE's (if rucker starts) will combine to hit our payroll for just under $2.33 million

We are trying to create the pass rushing depth similar to the Giants ... and are doing it correctly from a financial point of view. Imagine drafting another DE in the mid to high rounds and we finally have a force on d ...

But feel free to be upset that we didn't offer Mario Williams $150 million .... even if you KNEW we wouldn't be going crazy in free agency ... because that's what they've been saying for months.

"Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things."

@pstu24
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
...and if everything of that was true, he would not be in the league anymore...Goodell even dishes out suspension on accusations...and he isn't even a superstar who the league is covering up, they would have suspended him if all that was true

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
He was absolutely charged with rape at his first school. The woman eventually refused to testify.

He was charged at USC, and he plea bargained it down.

He did assault his wife in Cincinnati. It's all on the record.

There have been at least 3 other women who have come forward and said that they were just afraid to press charges for one reason or another.

The Bengals were ridiculed for drafting him, because a lot of this stuff came out right before the draft in a very public way.

None of this stuff is hidden. All it takes is a very little bit of research and anyone can look up what kind of a scumbag this guy is. he tries to hide behind a foundation and such ...... but he is not a good guy, no matter how much charity work he, or his foundation, does.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Have to say I agree. How many yrs. has it been since he's been in trouble?

If he was that bad, then I know we wouldn't have touched him with a ten ft pole. Heck, he wouldn't even be playing anymore.

I'm done with ya Ytown, Peen too. You guys slam H&H no matter what they do.

I think Rish was right. You all need a vacation. Take sometime off forget the Browns for awhile. Not to mention giving us guys a break.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Legend
Legend
He was drafted in 2006. I believe that he was arrested for spousal abuse in 2007 or 2008.

You can be done all you want. I don't like having people like that on my team. Maybe that's all perfectly fine to you ... but it's not to me.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Have to say I agree. How many yrs. has it been since he's been in trouble?

If he was that bad, then I know we wouldn't have touched him with a ten ft pole. Heck, he wouldn't even be playing anymore.

I'm done with ya Ytown, Peen too. You guys slam H&H no matter what they do.

I think Rish was right. You all need a vacation. Take sometime off forget the Browns for awhile. Not to mention giving us guys a break.

Ok, good, take a hike.....I am not going anywhere.

You are a guy??? Wow, I had that wrong.

Seriously man, if you like what this bunch is feeding us, you deserve a loser team like the Browns.

I love the Browns but I sure as heck hate the loser label associated with it.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow! Just Wow!
A sexual deviant ... really?

Convicted or not, there's a pattern there and in my book only a child molester is a lower form of scum bag on this planet.

I still would like to know where we will spend the remaining cap money?

Move over Peen!

[Linked Image]

B
Legend
Legend
B
I guess these guys now think Ben the bathroom freak is a swell guy.

I don't need to move over my man. There is plenty of room because not many of us are taking any sense.

If you're looking to squeeze in, head to the basement.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Ok, I had no idea that there was such an established pattern of this behavior. I thought that it was a one-time, perhaps at most two-time incident kinda thing.

I want this guy off our team. I will not root for him and I actually hope - truly - that he is injured, never plays a single down for us, and this money is completely wasted.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Quote:

Good point. I don't think he's been in trouble recently, though, has he?

You can check out your favorite NFL players on the police blotter here:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/police-blotter/

I didn't see him on there.

Legend
Legend
Actually, it is there. Go to the 2008 archives, to 5/4/07, and you'll find him here:

5/4/07: Bengals DE Frostee Rucker pleads guilty to misdemeanor charges of false imprisonment and vandalism.

That was the plea deal from beating up his wife.

Legend
Legend
ytown, I'm not going to defend the guy but charges have been filed, courts have been involved and he has been convicted of very little. He obviously has some sort of issues because for a while he kept putting himself in bad situations and accusations were made but let's not get the facts all out of whack..

Quote:

He was absolutely charged with rape at his first school. The woman eventually refused to testify.

From what I can find this is true.

Quote:

He was charged at USC, and he plea bargained it down.

He did assault his wife in Cincinnati. It's all on the record.

From what I can find, those are the same incident. He allegedly assaulted his girlfriend while at USC and she waited until after he got drafted to press charges and then tried to get a cash settlement in lieu of pressing the charges, ultimately he accepted the plea deal. Since entering the NFL, I can't find any charges or allegations.

Quote:

There have been at least 3 other women who have come forward and said that they were just afraid to press charges for one reason or another.

Then why come forward? I can't find much on any of these women...

As I said, I wouldn't want him dating my sister, the guy obviously has (or at least had) some issues.. but he has done nothing since entering the NFL that I'm aware of.. and that was 6 years ago... what he did before that was brought into the legal system and dealt with through the courts

I hope the guy has gotten past his issues and is a good player for us for a long time.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
He has. I linked to it above from the other post.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's really about a fan base that has just about had enough ! We would like steak, would settle for hamburger & you give us baloney ..

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns to sign Frostee Rucker

Link Copied to Clipboard