Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Or if Miami jumps us to grab Tannehill at #3, then Buffalo can look to us for Kalil

I think that is a very plausible scenario, but man ... Do we really want to fall that far?

Maybe a guy like Floyd is there or we could start off our draft with an OT.

Falling that far would increase our take though, but now your not getting one of the big 6 ... That would be a tough choice ... I guess that would depend on what the Bills would be offering in return.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
maybe not, but we can let St. Louis know that Buff is offering a future #1.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

maybe not, but we can let St. Louis know that Buff is offering a future #1.

I'm wondering how long the Colts and Redskins are going to pull everyone's chain, by using the time allotted, before we get the show on the road with the Vikings pick?

If there is a trade at 3, then things will get really interesting with our pick.

[Linked Image]

N
Legend
Legend
N
assuming that Luck has his contract worked out ahead of time, the #1 overall pick usually happens pretty quickly (a small pause just to let the commish opening remarks settle in basically).

not sure about the Skins pick though because I can't remember when it was so cut-n-dry so far ahead of time before.

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Or if Miami jumps us to grab Tannehill at #3, then Buffalo can look to us for Kalil

I pray that happens, I want nothing to do with Tannehill....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bills run a lot of zone blocking and that could make Jonathon Martin a priority for them considering he comes from a very similar blocking scheme.

Legend
Legend
If Minnesota trades out of 3 (aka the only way they pass on Kalil) and TB doesn't take Richardson, and assuming no one trades up for him...

I could see us dropping all the way to 15 with Philly (Just lost LT Peters) assuming they'd wanna pay the price for Kalil (1st this and next + more)

And still getting Richardson...!

I need to stop doing this...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If Minnesota trades out of 3 (aka the only way they pass on Kalil) and TB doesn't take Richardson, and assuming no one trades up for him...

I could see us dropping all the way to 15 with Philly (Just lost LT Peters) assuming they'd wanna pay the price for Kalil (1st this and next + more)

And still getting Richardson...!

I need to stop doing this...

The Eagles just signed Bell <[Bills] so he probably buys them time while Peters recovers.

[Linked Image]

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Cinci cut Crocker and I don't care . . .

Legend
Legend
lol

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Cinci cut Crocker and I don't care . . .

I never had a problem with Crocker,, but by now, I'm not sure he's someone we would care about.. not if we are trying to upgrade everywhere..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns could benefit from Chris Crockers skills, especially with Mike Adams' departure.
I don't know what his contract was though. If they try for him off waivers, they can make a new contract.

C
Legend
Legend
C
It's not like they didn't have the cap room to keep Crocker either. They just didn't want him anymore.

It's not a good sign for you when a team cuts you and doesn't have to.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Wait, Ones a safety, the others a Corner, ? Well they are both tweeners ish and both Crocker and Adams represent another warm body you can play out in the secondary that is NOT a liability. Teams need about 5+ of those and it is hard to come by that many, and many times the 4th 5th and 6th db's that DO see the field ARE liabilities in any given NFL defense.

One thing. Both players played 4+ years in this league at DB and THAT puts them in an exclusive group.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Is Pacman Jones still a Bengal?
If so . oops them.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Is Pacman Jones still a Bengal?
If so . oops them.

Croker hasn't been arrested for anything, he just doesn't fit the bengals mold.

#GMSTRONG
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I don't want Crocker. He was a big reason why the Bengals lost that playoff game against the Texans.Dropped a INT that could have changed the game.
as far as Pacman Jones goes,big deal,the NFL is littered with players with some kind of criminal record.
heck the whole Browns roster should be arrested for impersonating football players.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I don't want Crocker. He was a big reason why the Bengals lost that playoff game against the Texans.Dropped a INT that could have changed the game.
as far as Pacman Jones goes,big deal,the NFL is littered with players with some kind of criminal record.
heck the whole Browns roster should be arrested for impersonating football players.

Yup, he's the only DB to ever drop an INT, he's the only guy that made a mistake in that game, he's the only DB that had a bad day ever..

It's funny, but if you told me that he dropped a sure INT in every game he played or in most games he played, I'd agree with you, but because a guy dropped one INT.. that's NOT the reason not to want him.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yup, he's the only DB to ever drop an INT, he's the only guy that made a mistake in that game, he's the only DB that had a bad day ever..

Hey, if it's a good enough reason to trade Ernest Byner and start hating Dennis Northcutt, then it's good enough for Crocker.

yebat' Putin
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Croker hasn't been arrested for anything, he just doesn't fit the bengals mold.

They cut Crocker to make room for the Bengals Cheerleader that was arrested, they figured she earned a postion..........with all 53 men on the team.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Do you guys remember the day Eric Wright had against Anquan Bolden???

That was a bad day.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Hey, if it's a good enough reason to trade Ernest Byner and start hating Dennis Northcutt, then it's good enough for Crocker.

In that playoff loss to Pittsburgh someone dropped an INT that was right in the stomach, late in the game that would have sealed the win. I hate him so much I refused to remember his name

Bodden?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/779542...failed-physical

TAMPA, Fla. -- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers released safety Tanard Jackson, general manager Mark Dominik said Tuesday morning.

Dominik said the 26-year-old Jackson failed a physical. Jackson has been recovering from a shoulder injury.

Jackson had been with the Buccaneers since 2007, but he's had a troubled career. He was suspended for violating the league's substance-abuse policy two games into the 2010 season and returned for the final 10 games last year.

Dominik emphasized that he was not aware of any failed drug tests or disciplinary action coming down from the league.

"What's important to us as an organization is the growth of our football players," Dominik said. "And how they handle on and off the field to become the best Buccaneer possible. That's what we're looking for."

Jackson started every game he ever played for the Buccaneers and has 10 career interceptions.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

R
All Pro
All Pro
R
This could get in the way of our choice pick at 22.

"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Bengals sign Terence Newman

Woohoo! Passing the ball in the AFC North just became easier!

C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Quote:

Woohoo! Passing the ball in the AFC North just became easier!

Unless your name is Colt McCoy...

"Behold! The only thing greater than yourself!"
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
hate to say it,but until the Browns learn how to get physical and stop the run,passing vs our average secondary won't be nessecary.
with that said,the Bengals defense is better than the Browns.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Bengal offensive line is better than the Browns offensive line too, but uhh, let's not focus on that.
Hey! We have the coaching advantage. ( oh should have been purple? whatever). double

Legend
Legend
J/C

Ryan Grant? I hope we at least talked to him.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

The Bengal offensive line is better than the Browns offensive line too, but uhh, let's not focus on that.

Bengals will have problems this year, they will fall to 7-9 or something like that, they cant make playoffs two years in a row...

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

Legend
Legend
He is found guilty and does 15 days in jail after being caught with 2 pounds of pot in his house ..... after the plea bargain .......... but he only gets a 3 game suspension?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Braylon?
Adrian Arrington, WR, Saints ?
Mark Clayton, WR, Rams ?
Patrick Crayton, WR, Chargers ?
Roy Williams, WR, Bears ?
Bryant Johnson, WR, Texans ?
Greg Camarillo, WR, Vikings ?
Jerheme Urban, WR, Chiefs ?
Michael Clayton, WR, Giants ?
Maurice Stovall, WR, Lions ?
Chansi Stuckey, WR, Cardinals ?
Kassim Osgood, WR, Jaguars ?
Rashied Davis, WR, Lions ?
Arnaz Battle, WR, Steelers ?
T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR, Raiders ?

T.O. ???

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
What's about Plaxico Burress? I know during the draft commentary it was mentioned that he probably would not be back with the Jets. I don't remember what kind of speed Burress brings to the table.

H
2nd String
2nd String
H
Quote:

What's about Plaxico Burress? I know during the draft commentary it was mentioned that he probably would not be back with the Jets. I don't remember what kind of speed Burress brings to the table.

He runs like he's got lead in his leg. Ba Dum dum.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I'd try and sign Gaffney. I think he is an underrated, productive player who has played in a system similar to ours previously. Last year under Mike Shanahan (who runs a form of the west coast offense) he had 68 receptions for 947 yards with Rex Grossman and John Beck throwing him the ball.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'd try and sign Gaffney. I think he is an underrated, productive player who has played in a system similar to ours previously. Last year under Mike Shanahan (who runs a form of the west coast offense) he had 68 receptions for 947 yards with Rex Grossman and John Beck throwing him the ball.

Why do you suppose they cut him? Money?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
C
Legend
Legend
C
Probably. They already committed a bunch if money to that position with Garcon, Morgan, and Santana Moss. Also, I'm guessing wasn't too happy being the fourth receiver after just having the most productive season of his career.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Free Agents part V

Link Copied to Clipboard