1 22 22
2 5 37
3 4 67
4 5 100
4 23 118
5 4 139
5 25 160
7 4 211

6 35 204 Cleveland (Compensatory Selection)
6 36 205 Cleveland (Compensatory Selection)
7 38 245 Cleveland (Compensatory Selection)
7 40 247 Cleveland (Compensatory Selection)

Trade 4 to Philly for 15,46,51 2013 3rd
Trade 15,118,160, 211, 2013 Philly 3rd to NE for pick 27,31, 93(Despite popular belief) Belichek has traded up more than down on draft day(15 to 13)) and is supposedly very interested in the middle of the draft this year(Safety or pass rusher). Not sure if I like any of it, but with 12 days till the draft it gives us new scenarios we haven't covered.

22)
27)
31)
37)
46)
51)
67)
93)
100)
139)
6 35 204 Cleveland (Compensatory Selection)
6 36 205 Cleveland (Compensatory Selection)
7 38 245 Cleveland (Compensatory Selection)
7 40 247 Cleveland (Compensatory Selection)

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If we were to go the Philly route:

15 OT Cordy Glenn
22 DE Whitney Mercilus
37 RB Doug Martin
46 LB Bobby Wagner
51 OG Brandon Brooks
67 WR Greg Childs
100 (+ 160 + 7th*) CB Ron Brooks/ CB Josh Norman
118 WR Jarius Wright/ WR Chris Rainey
138 LB Audie Cole/ LB Kyle Wilbur
6c QB Austin Davis
6c FS Tysyn Hartman
7c RB Antwon Bailey
7c TE/FB Brad Smelley

I'd probably try to use the 160 and our 7th to try to get our 100 in front of baltimore's 3rd to secure Brooks.

I might do something a little different with the last 2-3 picks but all in all I would have a huge smile on my face at the end of that draft.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fisher re-iterated Friday that he'll trade up, down or stay where he is.

Yup, that sure is insightful.

At least we know that the Rams won't trade sideways

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I would have a huge smile on my face at the end of that draft.

Thanks. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of 700 athletic and talented pounds to the right of our center, even without a TE.

C
Legend
Legend
C
There is a new rumor everyday about the #4 pick being available everyday. Somebody wants people to think there are multiple teams trying to get that pick.

I am at the point, and it seems many are others are at this point as well, where I don't even care what is going on currently. I just want the draft to be here so I can know what is actually going to happen.

Legend
Legend
I've been that way for awhile - I'm just waiting for the draft... I thinK I know who the Browns want and what it'll take for them to move down in the draft, but we have to wait and see what happens - under two weeks!

<><

#gmstrong
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
What if all the talk about the Browns and Philly talking is not about Philly moving up but laying the groundwork to move up from 22 to 15 which would make more sense..

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is predraft smoke ...PD reporting this must mean Browns are sending this out..I doubt the Rams want to deal up with the team who said foul about the Griff trade..and it would look silly for them to do so after getting all those picks from Washington.

Philly..well that could happen..might not..

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/14/report-little-chance-eagles-would-trade-up-to-no-4/

Report: “Little chance” Eagles would trade up to No. 4
Posted by Evan Silva on April 14, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT

As Florio suggested early Saturday, Friday night’s Cleveland Plain Dealer report of the Eagles’ alleged interest in trading up to the No. 4 overall pick reeked of pre-draft misinformation spread by a bad Browns team looking to trade down and accumulate more picks.

A Saturday report from CSN Philadelphia agrees.

Citing a high-level Eagles source, CSN Philly’s Reuben Frank reports that the report of Philly’s interest in trading up to the fourth selection was “just another pre-draft rumor,” and there is “little chance” the Eagles would jump 11 spots in the draft’s first round.

Frank’s Eagles source did concede that Philadelphia and Cleveland have “spoken several times,” but that could have just as much to do with Browns G.M. Tom Heckert and Eagles coach Andy Reid’s longstanding relationship as it may with Philly’s intentions to make a costly draft-day maneuver. Heckert and Reid worked together for nine years with the Eagles, before Heckert took the Browns’ General Manager job in 2009.

The Browns and Eagles have done business before. The teams swapped running backs Mike Bell and Jerome Harrison before the 2010 trade deadline, and the Eagles sent linebacker Chris Gocong and cornerback Sheldon Brown to the Browns in exchange for two picks and linebacker Alex Hall two Aprils ago. And although the deal was later rescinded, the sides had an agreement in place last July that would have shipped defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley to Cleveland for a fifth-round pick.

A draft-day trade between Cleveland and Philadelphia would be unsurprising, but it’s more likely to happen in the later rounds.

Per Frank, a trade sending the No. 4 overall pick to Philly is “not going to happen.”

Legend
Legend
So the Browns saying there's interest by Philly is pre-draft misinformation by a bad team, but Philly saying there is no interest is 100% truth?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
Yeah, I don't think the Eagles are going to move up that much either.. didnt believe that rumor for a second.

But the part of maybe some moves in the lower rounds,,, yeah,, sure that could happen..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Yeah, I think something involving 22 is much more likely, either browns move up to 15 if keuchly isn't there and Richardson or someone else is, or eagles move up to 22 if they got keuchly and Barron is still there at 22... something like that. #4 doesn't really make sense for Philly seeing as how they have prime picks to address their admitted needs of LB and S. If they don't trade at all, they could end up with Keuchly, Wagner, and Harrsion Smith.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
22 for their two 2nds would make the most sense.

1 Tannehill
2a. RT Bobbie Massie
2b. CB Brandon Boykin
2c RB LaMichael James
3. WR Greg Childs

Legend
Legend
That just made me sad...

All I see there is 2nd/3rd-tier everything.

Last edited by CleveSteve; 04/15/12 12:14 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

1 Tannehill
2a. RT Bobbie Massie
2b. CB Brandon Boykin
2c RB LaMichael James
3. WR Greg Childs

[Linked Image]

T
Legend
Legend
T
Quote:

If they don't trade at all, they could end up with Keuchly, Wagner, and Harrsion Smith.

At least you are taking about the Eagles. That just lists 3 of the worst players projected in the top 60, I don't think I could come up with 1 more to replace any of those 3. That's jut my opinion though. I hope the Browns don't go near any of those 3.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Yeah, I don't think the Eagles are going to move up that much either.. didnt believe that rumor for a second.

But the part of maybe some moves in the lower rounds,,, yeah,, sure that could happen..

It's all been predicated on the silly notion that 3 QBs are going to go in the first 4 picks (maybe even the 1-2-3 spots).

I don't see it happening but I also don't think there's much of a chance that the Browns move up from #22 to #15 either.

If someone is going to be trading up to #4, it isn't going to be to draft a QB. It'll be to move up to get either a WR or CB. Unlike a lot of 'experts', I think that Blackmon is every bit as good as A.J. Green or Julio Jones and I could see a team moving up to get him. With that said, I think the target will be Morris Claiborne (even if he can't spell his own name). He knows how to play football and he'll be one hell of an addition to any team that drafts him. I could see teams that will be looking for an elite CB being the ones to move up.

Dallas needs a CB in a bad way (and yeah, we play them this year) and we'll play against Claiborne if we trade back with them. Other teams that I can see looking for help at corner are Tampa, Jax, and Buffalo. There could be others too, but that's just within the Top 10 and Dallas at 14. We could melt the phones fielding calls to move up to #4.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

That just made me sad...

All I see there is 2nd/3rd-tier everything.

I'd want their earlier 2nd and next year's 1st

#gmstrong
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Just seen an interesting Mock with Carolina trading up to 4 and throwing in Jonathon Stewart as part of the trade and Cleveland still Getting Blackmon. Not sure if Blackmon will be there at 9, but thought it was interesting.

Legend
Legend
hmm... trading up for who?

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

They have Claiborne..they also have Miami moving up to 3 for Tanny.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

it'd have to be Blackmon (though they'd just be saying they are going to turn into the Detroit Lions South)

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

When is the last time that picks 1, 2, 3 and 4 were all acquired by trading up? I just don't see it happening.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When is the last time that picks 1, 2, 3 and 4 were all acquired by trading up? I just don't see it happening.

Yeah, I don't see Indy giving up #1 either.

N
Legend
Legend
N
throw draft history out the window though with the new CBA

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Oops.. forgot about Indy.. getting my trade scenarios all lumped together.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/k

I have noticed that some drafts on here have a WR, QB, RT & RB in the first 4 picks. I think it would be a big mistake to ignore the D. If we go RB at #4 or where ever we trade down to, then I think we should go with DE at #22 or at the latest #37. IMO we are at the stage of really having a big-time D, but if we drop off & just do O, then that sets us back. I think we can do both. We have enough picks to go up & get some help in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. But we need to split them up between the O & the D.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Get set for a journey where know man has gone before

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm always reluctant to throw things out the window.. you hear that a lot with rivalry games but the better team still usually wins.

I just don't think the top 10 picks of the draft are going to be nearly as exciting as some people seem to think with trades galore.. Vikings moving back, Chiefs moving up, Dolphins moving up, Browns moving back, then up again.. Rams moved back only to move up again, Bucs moving up... I just don't think this wholesale shuffling of draft positions is going to happen.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

j/k

I have noticed that some drafts on here have a WR, QB, RT & RB in the first 4 picks. I think it would be a big mistake to ignore the D. If we go RB at #4 or where ever we trade down to, then I think we should go with DE at #22 or at the latest #37. IMO we are at the stage of really having a big-time D, but if we drop off & just do O, then that sets us back. I think we can do both. We have enough picks to go up & get some help in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. But we need to split them up between the O & the D.

If Cordy Glenn and Kendall Wright are both gone at #22, I have no problem with Whitney Mercilus or (if he somehow falls) Dre Kirkpatrick at that pick.

I'd prefer Doug Martin in the second, but if we go the Richardson route, I think the value in the second round is at OLB (David, Wagner, Z. Brown.) I'd really, really hope to trade back in the round for one of those guys or Brandon Brooks.

To me it's more about who is available where and how they fit our team.

Of course, Justin Blackmon scores a lot of TDs, so he doesn't really fit our team.

N
Legend
Legend
N
we'll see but it's a much bigger chance of happening now without the restrictive rookie salaries.

I see it as a new toy. All these GMs have this new toy of high picks with rational salaries and they can play with it in the trade market. I sort of expect a year or two of lots of flux (not nearly as much as speculated but perhaps 2 more trades within the top10) before things settle back down.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I agree on who's left on the board, but I was refering to all the draft choices listed on the board, almost all were O. I just thought that we should still keep the D in mind at lower 1st or early 2nd.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Our offense stinks and really needs some help but we have enough weak spots on both offense and defense that I think we are still in that stage of taking the best player available regardless of which side of the ball they play on.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

we are still in that stage of taking the best player available regardless of which side of the ball they play on.

I hope Heckert is thinking that way. All this "value" crap everybody talks about to me means squat. Our team needs players that are good. IMO keep all three of our first picks and take the absolutely best player available no matter what the position.

If they trade the #4, it better be only a few spots, I am tired of this team trading high picks to drop back and get players that are not as good as the one they could have got originally.

I want on of the top 4 guys in the draft period. And at #22 and #37 exactly what I said above BPA.

Value....smalue!!! Give me the best available.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Best available means very little if that prospect does not meet your Position Attributes for 'your' system.

Ie; you don't draft a 34 OLB and expect him to play LBer in a 43 defense.

In the WCO you like your RB's to be a good threat and have good hands, because many of their hand offs will be short passes or long hand offs.

On down the line.

Value has always been a part of draft strategy ... It's not some new word coined of recent years.

Value has everything to do with positions and what positions carrie more value then others and also where you look for some positions in the Draft.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 04/17/12 06:57 AM.

[Linked Image]

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
... BUT you can definitely over-think the whole value "thing." This is particularly true when you're picking in the top 10 spots. In any draft, you're lucky if there are 5-10 "elite" prospects. If you're in position to get one of those "elite" prospects, I've always thought it was best to get one of those guys while you can (unless somebody is willing to pay a king's ransom to move up -- like Atlanta did last year). At four, we're going to have a crack at 2-3 "elite" prospects. IMO, the Browns need playmakers and should grab one at #4. We've got 12 other picks to use on finding the best value players going forward.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

... BUT you can definitely over-think the whole value "thing." This is particularly true when you're picking in the top 10 spots. In any draft, you're lucky if there are 5-10 "elite" prospects. If you're in position to get one of those "elite" prospects, I've always thought it was best to get one of those guys while you can (unless somebody is willing to pay a king's ransom to move up -- like Atlanta did last year). At four, we're going to have a crack at 2-3 "elite" prospects. IMO, the Browns need playmakers and should grab one at #4. We've got 12 other picks to use on finding the best value players going forward.

I agree and that's why I don't want to drop to far if we do.
I would rather take one of the top prospects and perhaps trade up from pick #22 if we want to position ourselves in the middle teens or some thing like that.

[Linked Image]

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
That would work for me.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I view BPA with the thought of considering the scheme you run. So I didn't mean drafting a 3-4 OLB for a 4-3 defense. I take it as the best player available but not necessarily a need.

Besides, in the top 10 I don't see many LBs being considered. So please stop nitpicking.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I view BPA with the thought of considering the scheme you run. So I didn't mean drafting a 3-4 OLB for a 4-3 defense. I take it as the best player available but not necessarily a need.

Besides, in the top 10 I don't see many LBs being considered. So please stop nitpicking.

Not nitpicking, LBer was an example, probably not the best, but the most obvious one. Just about every other position can be evaluated in regard to your specific system(s) you run.
From the DL to the OL and so on ect....

That's part of the reason why one teams board looks a bit different then the next.

The farther you get into the Draft ... The more they differ and obviously for many reasons, but the system has much to do with that.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) 4 teams interested in #4

Link Copied to Clipboard