Print Thread
#682807 04/17/12 06:52 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...75-f7a83235a194

Norwood signs tender

Posted 7 hours ago

Wide receiver Jordan Norwood signed his exclusive rights free agent tender, the Browns announced Tuesday morning.
The Cleveland Browns today announced that wide receiver Jordan Norwood has signed his tender as an exclusive rights player. Norwood saw action in 14 games with four starts in 2011, registering career-highs with 23 receptions for 268 yards and one touchdown.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Good news. I didn't think he would hold out.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Good news. I didn't think he would hold out.

Why would a Jordon Norwood hold out??

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Some restricted guys (mostly franchise guys) hold out because they want a long term contract.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Some restricted guys (mostly franchise guys) hold out because they want a long term contract.

And some sign the contract because they don't have options.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

Quote:

And some sign the contract because they don't have options.

Yea, no way in hell Norwood was going to hold out. They probably would have laughed in his face.

[color:"white"]I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane -Waylon Jennings
T
Legend
Legend
T
Purple
Con Tin uity

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
good, glad he'll be back

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Yea, no way in hell Norwood was going to hold out. They probably would have laughed in his face

I agree, the guy has no reason or leverage to hold out, BUT...We've all seen things happen in sports that make us scratch our heads and wonder what were they thinken...

Legend
Legend
I like Norwood so I'm glad he'll be back next year... hope he has a break out year.

<><

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Yeah... He showed some flashes here and there. If we add a legit outside threat, he could pretty good in 3 and 4-wide sets. We'll see. I'm pulling for the kid.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
He did show enough to warrant more looks.

He's listed at 5'11, but with a neck that long he's well-suited to plucking leaves off of tree branches like some kinda giraffe, so his center of gravity is even lower, meaning he should be ideally suited to the slot where he can bob-and-weave his way to 1st down catches.

Besides, he had 23 catches in limited duty. On any team not named the Browns, that's like what...50 catches?

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
123 Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As a PSU fan, I'm really rooting for Norwood to make it. I think he might be the 2nd best receiver on this current team ( after Little).

oioioioi
T
Legend
Legend
T
No, he's not. He has the potential, everyone has the potential, but he's not.

C
1st String
1st String
C
Quote:

No, he's not. He has the potential, everyone has the potential, but he's not.

i guess the gadget guy is better? jack of all trades, master of none.

Legend
Legend
Agreed that he can't hold out with the "body of work" he has. I find him interesting, but I can't imagine a fringe contributor holding out. I counted him in all along. I hope he "arrives" with the new offense; pulling for the man, and hope he has personal best year for us. Nice to know he is done though.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't know who the gadget guy is.
Massaquoi, Little and Cribbs, Watson, and Evan Moore are all better than Norwood. Whoever else? may be better than Norwood, but he has a chance.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Massaquoi, Little and Cribbs, Watson, and Evan Moore are all better than Norwood. Whoever else? may be better than Norwood, but he has a chance.

I really like Norwood, but assuming we address the WR position in the draft, I think he will get phased out. He size hurts him, but even so he has a chance of staying over Carlton Mitchell.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
C
1st String
1st String
C
Quote:

momass....always injured, makes horrible adjustments and has bad body control. likely to get cut if he doesn't shape up...
little...as i suggested, may be the only better one. he gets a pass on his terrible hands last year.
cribbs...the gadget guy. lets not pretend he's a WR. he can play the position well considering he's been moved around, but as so many folks like to say on this board...he wouldn't start on any other team in this league.
watson is one concussion away from retiring. and he's a TE.
moore is great, except he's never playing. why do ya think that is? and...again...he's a TE.
mitchell? 2 catches in 2 years...
winsor may be better than mitchell....
cameron? this is quite the list of pass catchers, eh?

only in cleveland is cribbs a WR. maintain the delusion...it justifies his paycheck.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

only in cleveland is cribbs a WR. maintain the delusion...it justifies his paycheck.

I agree. If I had anything to do with it, I would have converted him to safety 4-5 years ago.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Quote:

I agree. If I had anything to do with it, I would have converted him to safety 4-5 years ago.

Agreed. Only I'd have made him a RB and theirin lies the problem... no one knows for sure what he should be.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
We know what he is, which is a special-teamer/gadget guy. Anything more than that and he wears out, gets hurt, or loses his effectiveness at his primary job.

Prolly not cool that he got clocked going 103 in a 60 mph zone.

The mercurial Cribbs...the fanbase loves him but he's not all that.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

We know what he is, which is a special-teamer/gadget guy. Anything more than that and he wears out, gets hurt, or loses his effectiveness at his primary job.

Prolly not cool that he got clocked going 103 in a 60 mph zone.

The mercurial Cribbs...the fanbase loves him but he's not all that.

Aside from his college ties and his animated personality, the fan base loves him because he was the one player on our team that we could point to, during a period where we were typically void of things to cheer about, and say he was one of the best in the NFL at his position, unfortunately his position wasn't WR...

yebat' Putin
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
He was the best at his job in the NFL for a number of years. I can say that since Hester didn't cover kicks.

Now the sad part is that he's effectively on the downside of his career due to wear-and-tear and the league taking away something he does best, which is return kicks.

He's managed to be somewhat bullet-proof in spite of the public spats with the organization and now this.

I can imagine what would have been said if it were Gerrard Warren pulled over for speeding

N
Legend
Legend
N
I would argue that Cribbs was always the better KR than Hester. But, Cribbs was never a good PR while Hester is among the best ever at that.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Jordan Norwood signs tender

Link Copied to Clipboard