Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#684244 04/22/12 02:40 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
This has been bothering me for some time now, And was wanting to see how you all feel? How and when did this start? and to what purpose dose it serve? also leaving the sticker's on it? From the study iv'e done the sticker's is to mean you just bought it and have money? But the flat brim? it dosen't keep the sun out of your eye's for the side....Trying to figure this younger generation out.

B
Legend
Legend
B
They are dumb....just like wearing your pants low and holding them up by the crotch makes ignorant people look even more so.

Don't try to figure it out. Try to get away from it.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I think they look dumb. As did a bunch of the nasty stuff. Is this all Nike decision making, or what. I still likemy Elf stuff the best. Won't be buying the flatter platterhats meself.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I agree. It's as stupid as wearing your hat backwards. And it's as dumb as not wearing skin tight jeans. And it's as dumb as listening to this loud rock and/or roll music that the kids are listening to today. And it's as annoying as this "'lectric lighting" that everyone's all excited about. What do you need light like that all the time for?

And since when have people stopped hunting and gathering? I mean, now we're so wimpy that we have to go to a "store" to buy our foodstuffs?

Give me a break!

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
I'm not at all sure what they are

got a pic

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

got a pic

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
LOL! I catch Hell! all the time from people in their 30's here in vegas for not having a flat brim, To them it's only hill billy's that have a bent hat. Oh and they also ask me how do I expect to be a thug with a hat like that? WTH?

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Also how many mlb player's do you see with a flat hat?

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
It looks absolutely terrible to me, but that's just part of youth fashion. Kids have ALWAYS worn stuff that parents and anyone older think look stupid. I know I did.

I can remember back in the 80s picking out Jams at the store and my Dad looked at me like I was insane. Before that was parachute pants and he refused to let me get them. Another reason to love and be thankful to him!

Back to hat bills. I was at Ohio University from 93 to 98 and MAN did we curl those bills. We practically made the bill into a set of blinders . . .

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I hate them..stay off my lawn!

D
Legend
Legend
D
First thing I do with a new cap is curve the brim. When we were kids we'd bend angles on the left and right side of the brim to have a sunshield from the sides. What bugs me nowadays are the low-profile hats that have about 2-1/2 inches of crown on them ... makes you look like you have a Neanderthal sloped forehead. Its actually getting hard to find nice ballcaps anymore.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

got a pic

damn that's freakin ugly.......

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Also how many mlb player's do you see with a flat hat?

Actually, the first people I ever noticed doing this was MLB pitchers.

As for how dumb it looks ... I don't wear flat billed hats, but, is it really anymore more dumb than stuff you guys wore in the 60s and 70s?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

They are dumb....just like wearing your pants low and holding them up by the crotch makes ignorant people look even more so.

Don't try to figure it out. Try to get away from it.

Not picking on you...

It's just fashion. Sure, it looks dumb to me....but I would bet a 40-year old dude looking at me when I was 16 thought I was dumb too (skater bowl cut, crossbones T-shirt, 80's vibrant shorts & checkerboard Vans slip-ons). And I don't even want to think about how I looked with I was 9 (parachute pants, Thriller coat and a Where's the Beef hat).

You're probably just old if you don't get it. Just laugh at them. They'll be laughing at themselves in 10-20 years.

As for the hats, I'm a franchise hat with a low curved brim. I would bet all the flat brim people this I'm a douchebag....oh well.

Last edited by Punchsmack; 04/22/12 06:30 PM.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

got a pic

No it isn't. Just bend it up a bit.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They look retarded to be honest. If I buy a cap first thing i do is bend it. I rarely wear a cap anymore though. I am a hat person though, camo booney hat is what I wear mostly but I have my cowboy hat and a couple of the old gangster type hats lol. Shave my head but I love my hats.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Give me a Cowboy hat anyday.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Give me a Cowboy hat anyday.

Because flat billed hats are dumb, but a middle aged man in the middle of Tennessee in a cowboy hat is cool!

B
Legend
Legend
B
I wouldn't even say middle aged anymore, but I appreciate the thought !!!!

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I really don't care one way or the other.

They are certainly not the worst thing I have ever seen kids wear.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
The flat brim gives them more shoulder room when worn backwards and sideways.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Ballpeen #684265 04/23/12 05:49 AM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A

Last edited by Arps; 04/23/12 05:50 AM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

got a pic

I made the mistake of buying one before. You can bend it but it's going to manage to make it's way back to straight after a couple hours to a day. Also it wont fit correctly after you bend it, these things are designed differently than you're regular hat. They're so big they can fit over your ears, and yes I bought the correct size.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C.C. Sabathia always wore a flat brim and cocked to the side. I always thought in that big baggy uniform and wide brim he looked like Emmit Kelly Jr. on the mound!

They are plain ugly!

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
The kids who wear them will one day look back and realize just how stupid they looked wearing them . The power mullet I had in High School is proof of that.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Oh and they also ask me how do I expect to be a thug with a hat like that? WTH?

No thank you, the thugs that robbed one of our students in broad daylight with a loaded gun are looking at 20-life for First Degree Robbery and First Degree Sexual Assault. These are the same dumb thugs that came back to the scene of the crime to take her car (which they had the keys to from the robbery) 20 minutes later only to find the scene infested with cops. One of them tripped over his own pants and was caught immediately and the other was caught a few blocks over.

Sigh....why do so many people want to pretend to be like that?

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
F
Legend
Legend
F
Flat brimmed hat is not my style, I won't wear them, But it doesn't bother me as much as the retards with their pants hanlf off.

Got used to seeing the pants down a few inches exposing the boxers, but last week I noticed pants down around the thighs, if he had been wearing briefs a good 3-5 inches of his legs would be showing. Isn't that considered indecent exposure?

When I see the some of the fashions and attitudes that go with them. I can't help but think of Hall Pass. (Starts around 1:10)

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
I'll take this a step further.. not only do they leave them flat, they leave the stickers on them.. and then they buy them so big that they sink down on their head and they tuck their ears up under the hat..

It's a fashion thing, not better or worse than any other fashion trend over the years so I don't really care.. but not something I will be wearing.

yebat' Putin
J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:

The kids who wear them will one day look back and realize just how stupid they looked wearing them . The power mullet I had in High School is proof of that.

Hahaha. Every generation has their own version of goofy. Everyone looks back and laughs about hairstyles and fashion from their youth.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Hahaha. Every generation has their own version of goofy. Everyone looks back and laughs about hairstyles and fashion from their youth.

Hammer pants are serious business...

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
j/c

As I recall as a youth, this how the hats came and many wore them that way. Its like a return to the late 70s. I too think the look is stupid, but it took me awhile to stop thinking the super rounded brim looked stupid. I hardly wear a hat anymore, but if I do, the brim is rounded and it points forward.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
S
Legend
Legend
S
Wearing your hat flat-brimmed is nowhere near as stupid and obnoxious as hanging your pants low. That's just plain offensive.

I have a bunch of hats, I don't bend the crap out of the brim, but they aren't 100% flat. I like a little bit of a bend. That look to me is good for what I want.

Where does it come from? The sticker thing is kind of silly to me, but a lot of pro baseball players have worn their hats 100% flat-brimmed. It's just choice.

Some of the hats the kids wear today are pretty cool. Tons of retro-type stuff which I love. I think I may get a Montreal Expos hat, always thought that one was cool. The new Browns draft hat is pretty nice too although 35 is way too much for a hat.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N
Legend
Legend
N
i think the flat-brimmed idea is silly, but hey if kids want to go there, then whatever.

what I don't like is how this has spawned the brims to be extra-short so that there is a much smaller set of hats that I can actually buy for myself (since I like the traditional look).

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I just can't wear non Cleveland/OSU hats. I dont want people thinking I root for a non ohio team.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

You know, Alabama actually passed a Sagging Pants law just for my county (likely a test run since this is the capitol). I know the first person was charged with it a couple of weeks ago and spent 3 days in the slammer for sagging his pants during a court hearing.

Technically the law is just a $100-150 fine but since it was in court, the judge found him contempt.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm sorry, but that's absolutely the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Can't stand the flat brims because it reminds me of K-Fed.

I had a buddy that used to teach high school. He had a few students that wore saggy pants. He then explained the original meaning of saggy pants to them.

They never sagged their pants again.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

got a pic

I made the mistake of buying one before. You can bend it but it's going to manage to make it's way back to straight after a couple hours to a day. Also it wont fit correctly after you bend it, these things are designed differently than you're regular hat. They're so big they can fit over your ears, and yes I bought the correct size.

Right, you can't just bend the bill, the front of the hat is made in a way that it almost bulges up.

I like my hats to actually rest on my head.

Side Note: It's almost impossible to find a good Cleveland Browns hat.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Rookie
Rookie
j/c..anyone remember when ken griffey(probably 1st or 2nd yr iirc) wore his hat backwards during All-Star week at the legends vs Futures game and Bob Gibson threw at him and told him to turn it around?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Flat brim ball cap's?

Link Copied to Clipboard