Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
It's April 26 yall!

Trent Richardson is the best runninback in this draft. I had some doubts before but the best player to help the Browns is Richardson. We can't let this opportunity pass us up. They need someone to replace Hillis and McCoy needs the help. Richardson will get about 2000 yards and he can catch the ball out of the backfield too.

Hope he's there when the Browns pick at #4. If not they better trade up to #3 to take him.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I could see him getting close to 2000 TOTAL yards yes...

...But didn't you want Tannehill like... YESTERDAY?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I could see him getting close to 2000 TOTAL yards yes...

...But didn't you want Tannehill like... YESTERDAY?

but yesterday was so very long ago.

[Linked Image]

C
Legend
Legend
C
You have certainly changed your tune a lot.

From you:

Quote:

Tannehill: I'm convinced he is a winner. I have no concerns.

Quote:

God I hope Tannehill is still on the Board and the Browns do take him. If the Browns don't get Tannehill I'll be highly disappointed.

I'd love for someone to jump to 3 to take Richardson so it can prevent the Dolphins jumping to 3 to take Tannehill.

Tannehill is an absolute must pick.

Legend
Legend
he gets excited. it's fun.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
That was the other ThrowLong.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
I wanted Richardson since the Redskins made the trade to get RGIII. He will help this team more than any other player in the draft outside of Luck and probably RGIII.

[Linked Image from netanimations.net]
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
It's April 26th!

Tannehill would have to sit 2-3 years and even then he's not going to pan out.

They have to get players to help out this offense.
They have to fix the offense.
If they can't get Richardson, then option 2 would be probably one of the receivers and if they can't get one of them, option 3 would probably be Ingram the Defensive end, who may have the longest career.
I really like Courtney Upshaw, as a player but it doesn't look like he's the pick.

Richardson is the right pick .

Last edited by THROW LONG; 04/26/12 12:45 AM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Tannehill would have to sit 2-3 years and even then he's not going to pan out.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Maybe his purple text saying "It's april 26th"! means he is being sarcastic throughout the entire post.

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Now that most are on the TR bandwagon, what if he isn't there at 4? Then what? If we cant get value in a trade down, who do you guys want?

I just hope they go with the best talent available regardless of position. I saw somebody post earlier that Portland passed on Michael Jordan because they already had Clyde Drexler. They needed a big so they passed on the better talent for need.

I want to stay at #4 and draft the best player available. I'm hoping that is TR. I know I'm in the minority, but if TR isn't there I hope we can get Floyd. My dream draft would be to get TR and move up to get Floyd.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I want TR. If TR ain't there I'm all for Claiborn. Lets get a killer outfield. You won't be able to pass against the Browns.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
It's Richardson, the Claiborne, then trade down, then...cry and select Blackmon.

you had a good run Hank.
C
Legend
Legend
C
I think he is going for the reverse jinx.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Trent Richardson is worthy of the Browns #4 draft pick and I would welcome him to the Browns.

Trent Richardson is not worthy of the Browns #4 draft pick plus a 2nd or 3rd round pick to move up to the Vikings #3 to insure the Browns get him. Not with other very good RBs still available in the draft.

The Browns have an advantage that other teams do not...the #22 pick if they want to draft a RB.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I'd love to get richardson, but alots gonna happen, or appear to be happening before were on the clock tonight, Man I wish I could sit in the browns war room today with Heckart, I bet the Pepto will be flowing all day long,

I expect somebody to move up to # 3 I hope it's not us, I hope we hold fast which I think we will,
Personally I dont see anybody moving up as in TB or St. Louis or Miami, good players are gonna be at thier spots without paying a high ransom, I'm just afraid of the last minute suprises, one team going what the heck lets sell the farm this year for XXXX player.

It's a long day ahead of us....Good Luck Browns...It's time to regain the name Cleveland Browns, time to make it mean something again, in the past when you said Cleveland Browns people smiled, tuff excellence on the field, now people laugh, time to change that...Tonight it starts...

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I'm just afraid of the last minute suprises, one team going what the heck lets sell the farm this year for XXXX player.

So, you think some team could pull a Ricky Williams type of deal?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's what the Jets would have to do to jump up. They have 10 picks.
My concern is 1. Tampa jumping up to get him. Or 2. The Vikings taking him because of Petersons injury. (long shot I know and they'd be dumb not to draft Kalil) 3. Rams possibly move up with all their pick then move Jackson for more picks? (longshot)

I'm not worried about too much after that. I think we will get TR.

Anyone consider a Blackmon/Weeden reunion for us?

We will have a solid player there regardless! If we walk away with Mo Claiborne I'd still have a big old smile on my face!

Go Browns, Go Heckert! Knock a few out of the park!

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

So, you think some team could pull a Ricky Williams type of deal?

Yes & No...I could see a team trading a couple 2nd rounders & a first this year & next to move up, nothing like the Saints did in trading all thier picks for one player, nothing that big.

Ya never know what GM is sitting there with a team one or two players away from making a push for that one player to take them over the top & into the playoffs, who pulls the trigger on a crazy trade.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I expect somebody to move up to # 3 I hope it's not us, I hope we hold fast which I think we will

I'm nervous the Jets will, but I dunno if the Vikes wanna trade down that far. I mean, they can have a franchise LT, they were good when they had one. Now they don't have one.

I gotta think they'll get Kalil. Bucs might wanna trade up to the number 3 also.

If Richardson is gone at number 4, I dunno what to think. I guess I'd like to try and trade down, may be with the Bills, or whoever else wants the number 4 pick (which should go up in value because Kalil is there). Same compensation as last year would be fine. (for a team with a higher pick)

And with the Bills, I'd accept swapping and their first

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 04/26/12 08:12 AM.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

If Richardson is gone at number 4, I dunno what to think

At that point, I offer the # 4 pick for a kings ransom if no takers than I turn around and take Claibourne at # 4....# 22 best WR 2nd round Best RB and try to trade a few late round picks to move up into the late 2nd or early 3rd to grab a RT.

Too bad we cant trade compensation picks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Too bad we cant trade compensation picks.

Tell me about it. But at least we'll have OTA's this year, and the guy's can come to our facility and work out and such. So we'll have a better idea of who these late picks that we pick are.

But yeah, I agree. See what we can get for that number 4 pick if Kalil is there. I'm sure Heckert has made calls and asked around.

Heck, we could even trade with the Rams and get their six. The Rams would prob be pretty excited if Kalil was available to them (of course they could trade with the Vikes too)

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
I simply don't know what you really want.. one day it's Tannehill, the next it's Richardson.. if we take Richardson, I have to wonder if you are goign to say you wanted Claiborne tomorrow morning

Seriously, I don't think we could really go wrong with Claiborne, Richardson or Blackmon.. One or two of them will be there when we pick at 4. if we drop to say 6, one of them will still be there.

I just don't see how we lose on this first pick.

Its the rest of them that concern me....LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He's not much different than the TV experts and many of the folks here who cried, "A RB at four? NO WAY". Seems many are on the bandwagon now!

I like Tanny too. Not above TR though!

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
We should walk away with Richardson or Blackmon after we turn our card in. Any way you look at it, it's a win.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Throw Mo C in there too! I'll be pleased with any!

B
1st String
1st String
B
If The Vikes trade 3 to someone looking for TR, then we lucked into Kalil. No way you can pass on a talent like that with the hole we have at RT. And at the end of his rookie contract, Thomas will be getting a bit old anyways and we can move Kalil to LT. Can still pick up a WR at 22 and then look for a RB later. Let's hope the Vikes trade out of 3 and hand us Kalil.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
More of a philosophical question than a specifics question so don't get caught up in the details.

For the sake of argument consider that any additional picks that you feel might be needed to make the deal would be the same in either scenario.

If the Bills come calling to swap 1st round picks (#4 and #10), as compensation would you rather have their 2nd round pick this year (#41) or their 1st round pick next year (# undetermined)? And why?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

More of a philosophical question than a specifics question so don't get caught up in the details.

For the sake of argument consider that any additional picks that you feel might be needed to make the deal would be the same in either scenario.

If the Bills come calling to swap 1st round picks (#4 and #10), as compensation would you rather have their 2nd round pick this year (#41) or their 1st round pick next year (# undetermined)? And why?

we would need more than that. #10+#41+'13 2nd rounder

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Cleveland Browns shouldn't run away from taking Trent Richardson: Terry Pluto

Thursday, April 26, 2012, 7:55 AM
By Terry Pluto, The Plain Dealer

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns absolutely, positively must draft Trent Richardson with the No. 4 pick in the NFL draft.

They do need a cornerback, and LSU's Mo Claiborne has a chance to be a star. But even more than adding another good player to an already solid defense, the Browns must do something dramatic to improve their desperate offense.

It would not be a massive mistake to select Justin Blackmon, the receiver from Oklahoma State. But when considering Blackmon (a chance to be good) vs. Richardson (a chance to be great), make a play for greatness.

There has to be a player whose jersey the fans can not only wear proudly on Sunday, but who brings them at least to the edge of their seats (if not on their feet) every time he touches the ball. Richardson has a chance to be that player. If you can't have a powerhouse passing attack (and the Browns won't), then why not run the ball with authority?

Is there a risk taking a running back so high in the draft? It's a fact that Reggie Bush (No. 2 in 2006) was the last running back selected in the top five. In 2005, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson and Cadillac Williams were running backs picked in the first five.

In 2007, Adrian Peterson was the No. 7 pick. He should have been in the top 5. The same with Maurice Jones-Drew, who was the 60th pick in 2006.

Richardson is that type of player, where the eye test and the stats reveal the same thing -- a back with power, with sharp cuts and patience as he waits for holes to open. He's a back who set a single Alabama season record for rushing (1,679 yards) and gained 96 yards in 20 carries in the NCAA championship game against LSU.

He also had 181 yards rushing against Florida, 203 against rival Auburn, and he even caught 29 passes last season.

You can find a running back in the later rounds, but it's doubtful that back will match everything that Richardson can bring to the Browns from the moment he steps on the field.

Yes, he is that gifted, that special ... and he belongs in an orange helmet.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You completely missed the point - I don't want to talk about total compensation thus I said

Quote:

The question is: Would you rather get a 2nd round pick in this draft or a 1st in next year's draft? And why?

N
Legend
Legend
N
sorry. had this discussion with my brother already and it caused me to skim the post and assume it was the same

I would rather have next year's 1st round pick. the Bills very well could be a bad team and that could be a good pick. if I thought the pick was in going to be in the 20s, then I would take the 2nd rounder.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I will forgive you - this time but don't let it happen again

Legend
Legend
Quote:

It would not be a massive mistake to select Justin Blackmon, the receiver from Oklahoma State. But when considering Blackmon (a chance to be good) vs. Richardson (a chance to be great), make a play for greatness.

I think he has this backwards. I think Trent Richardson is the safer bet to be really good but I think Blackmon has the higher upside potential, he also has the lower floor if he doesn't work out.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
We gotta go offense with the first pick.. we getting either Richardson or Blackmon..

Know way we use a 4 spot for a RT.. would Kalil help fill a void.. heck yea!!! but is it necessary.. heck no!!

We NEED a RB.. We NEED a WR.. and just so happen they BOTH will be the BPA when we are up to pick.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
If Bucs love Trent Richardson, Vikings could get their man and more

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 26, 2012, 10:18 AM EDT

All the reports out of Minnesota suggest that the Vikings have three players they’re considering with the third overall pick: USC left tackle Matt Kalil, Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon and LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne. If the Vikings have equal grades on all three guys, the perfect scenario would be to trade down just far enough that they can be sure they’ll get one of those three.

A trade with the Buccaneers would be just the deal to do that.

Alabama running back Trent Richardson appears to be a player the Bucs, with the fifth overall pick, absolutely love. But he also appears to be a player the Browns, with the fourth overall pick, absolutely love. And so a Bucs-Vikings trade is the only way for the Bucs to get ahead of the Browns and get Richardson. According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, that’s exactly what the Buccaneers are considering: Jumping up two spots and taking Richardson before the Browns can get a chance at him.

That would likely leave the Browns taking Claiborne, and then the Vikings would still get their pick of Kalil or Blackmon. If the Vikings got Kalil, the man they’ve been projected to get all along, and also got an extra pick later in the draft from the Buccaneers to move down, that would be a great piece of draft-day deal-making. What we don’t know is whether the Bucs really love Richardson enough that they’re willing to give up a later pick just to move up two spots. But if they do, the Vikings could get their man, and get something more.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tonight is gonna be wild, I think.

I won't be surprised by anything. Hell, we might take Tannehill at 4.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I've been thinking about the Trent Richardson pick and whether the Browns rate him high enough to trade up to get him.

If the Browns do not offer "something" to move up to get Richardson, the Bucs could give the Vikings a low ball offer, such as their 1st round pick (#5 pick) and an additional 6th round or 7th round pick. The Vikings would be foolish if they didn't consider taking, even a low ball offer from the Bucs, if another team does not offer more.

The Vikings know they will get either Kalil or Claiborne if they trade down to the Bucs #5 slot and both players might be available to the Vikings if the Browns take Blackmon at the #4 slot after the Bucs take Richardson at the #3 slot. The Vikings have nothing to lose, even if they take a low ball offer from the Bucs.

If the Browns value Richardson higher than Kalil, Claiborne and Blackmon, they are going to be forced to offer more than the Bucs offer to get him.

It has been rumored the Jets want to trade up for Richardson, but many question whether it will happen. Also, the Vikings would be dropping out of the area where they could get any of the players at the top of their draft board as the Jets pick 16th.

Bottom line...if the Browns want Richardson, they will have to give up something to insure they get him.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't think you consider trading up in this draft. Sitting at 4, you're going to get one of Richardson/Blackmon/Kalil/Claiborne.

Those are 4 guys that can significantly help this team.

Legend
Legend
I will have no objection to taking Richardson.. I will have a coronary if we give up anything to move up a spot to take him.

yebat' Putin
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Trent Richardson's the right pick at #4

Link Copied to Clipboard