Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Please, if the Browns were smart, they would just sit the kid all year, let Colt/Wallace run the show and see what happens next year. This is Colt's make or break year.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

now that i'm gettting over WHERE we picked Weeden.... he does have some good potential...and honestly I'll take a few years of good QB play (if we can get some more weapons around him).

He's a big QB and has a rocket arm.... and if he wasn't 29 he would have been top 15.

If that were true I wouldn't worry about it. both our first round picks have max 8 year career because of position and then because of how old they are. But what does that toad Heckert care? He's "not gonna be here" when that time is up.

I don't understand how our FO can be so grossly incompetent year after year, administration after administration.

Random Joe internet mock drafter could have done better for us.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Please, if the Browns were smart, they would just sit the kid all year, let Colt/Wallace run the show and see what happens next year. This is Colt's make or break year.

If they were smart, and wanted Colt to have this year, then WHY WOULD THEY WASTE A FREAKIN FIRST ROUND PICK ON A GUY WHJO WON'T EVEN PLAY WHEN COLT HAS NOBODY TO THROW TO AND NOBODY TO BLOCK FOR HIM!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

O
Legend
Legend
O
uh RT, WR.... Ok, so I think Weeden my be the best QB after the first two... BUT WITH THE #22 PICK! Just when you think they can't possibly make a bad pick with all the talent on the board.... wow. I don't know what to think anymore.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

You can't take a 28 year old QB (29 in October) and then sit him. It makes absolutely no sense.

This means Colt is likely gone IMO. If he's not, then Heckert is an even bigger moron than I already think he is.

You develop a guy who's 22. You don't have time to develop someone who's 29. He's either ready now or he'll never be ready.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Weeden MUST start this year. You don't draft a QB in the first round, especially a 29 year old QB, and sit him on the bench.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

We have now upgraded 2 positions of dire need. Maybe the 2 positions that needed the most help on our entire team.

Did we just trade for a WR and a RT?

Nope, but we had no RB and no QB ..... and now we do.

We can still add a capable WR and a capable RT with our remaining picks.

I repeat what I have said all along ..... most NFL teams don't have more than 1 or 2 first round pick on their OL. We're not going to draft guys from LT to RT in the 1st round. We need weapons and we needed a QB. We now have a huge weapon, and we have added a far better QB than what we had before. We'll probably add a receiver with our next pick. However ..... our QB did our receivers no favors last year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

now that i'm gettting over WHERE we picked Weeden.... he does have some good potential...and honestly I'll take a few years of good QB play (if we can get some more weapons around him).

He's a big QB and has a rocket arm.... and if he wasn't 29 he would have been top 15.

It would be a good pick if we didn't also need OL help and another WR. With TRich, OL help and another WR,, I think Colt would have been serviceable. If I knew we woulf pick weedon here, I would have been screaming more for the Browns to trade up for RGiii harder.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
N
Legend
Legend
N

that is all

#gmstrong
2nd String
2nd String
Quote:

Quote:

If they were smart, and wanted Colt to have this year, then WHY WOULD THEY WASTE A FREAKIN FIRST ROUND PICK ON A GUY WHJO WON'T EVEN PLAY WHEN COLT HAS NOBODY TO THROW TO AND NOBODY TO BLOCK FOR HIM!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think all you guys are SO snake bitten from taking QB's in the first round that it has completely turned you off to the idea of going for a QB in the first round.

I have yet to hear real viable argument that articulates how this pick is as bad as you all think it to be...

Adding another OT right here isn't going to add as much utility to our offense as a QB or WR can. At this point, I think that is all that matters. We have a horrible offense guys, we have to do whatever we can to fix it.

TL;DR: QB has been hampering our offense more than our OL has been hampering our offense.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Riley Reiff was falling....that was my choice. Weeden IMO would have fell into the second. Reach. Don't like it.

But it's damn obvious we didn't think Colt could do it, and are confident Weeden starts SEPTEMBER. We wouldn't have drafted him otherwise. Weeden is our starting QB, as of now.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Should have sat still at 4, taken Blackmon, taken Glenn, then taken D. Martin.

Instead we have Richardson, a juggs machine, and we're down 3 picks. I can't believe this crap.

+1

I want to puke.

It's like we WANT to look like morons.

Just stay put, take the BPA and move on. NO WAY Weeden was BPA.

By selecting him in the first round, he HAS to start in Week 1.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Weeden MUST start this year. You don't draft a QB in the first round, especially a 29 year old QB, and sit him on the bench.

I can't agree with that. In fact, it may possibly be the opposite. If you rush Weeden and it messes him up to the point where you have to sit him down for a year or two, you've got a 32-year old guy you're gonna try to rebuild.

If he's ready, he can start. If he's not ready, you can't rush him just because he's old. There's no short-cut to help offset his advanced age.

The best thing the organization can do is treat him as if he's not 29. People just have to accept he's got far less year's in the league than your typical player and stick to the best way to develop a player.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

If I'm Colt McCoy, I refuse to play for these morons!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Weeden will start the year as the starting QB of our Cleveland Browns ..... and he will be far superior to the crappy QB play we saw last year.

Part of what this move tells me is that the front office agrees with me when I said that the QB was a major problem as far as the OL and WR were concerned ..... and the QB negatively impacted them far more that they hurt him. A receiver cannot throw to himself.

I don't know if Weeden is "the" answer ..... but he is a far, far, far superior answer compared to Colt McCoy.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Because heckert/holmgren just bet that Colt won't be here next year. Wallace will be the backup but this is Colt's year.. I might not like it either, but that is why they drafted Weeden.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

It's like we WANT to look like morons.

I haven't heard anyone other than people on this board say this.

You guys have some pretty strong groupthink going on here.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

hahahah so 6 years younger only gets him 7 spots?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
This guy will have the same receiving corps that Colt does.. Not like he will be throwing the rock to Justin Blackmon.. Greg (butter fingers) Little, Joshua Cribbs and Mo Mass??

Not snake bitten at all but unlike YTown, I think that Colt digressed because of the talent around him.. Not becuase he "sucks."

Legend
Legend
We better pick a WR in the next two rounds.

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was ecstatic with the move for Richardson. IMO the absolute right thing to do. I was peeing my pants.

Then I went from peeing my pants to peeing on my TV when we took Weeden. Reiff....damn.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Okay then drafting him in the 1st round was already a mistake.

If he needs to sit a year and develop then he was the wrong choice.

you had a good run Hank.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Nas,
There are only so many Rookies that are ready to start day 1 in the season. Let the kid learn HOW TO READ DEFENSES first. Then, let him come in. There is no need to ruin the kid by putting him in too early against Pitt and Balt. With that arm, if we develop him AND get some weapons, he will be the starter next year, especially with his arm/release in this offense.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Nas,
There are only so many Rookies that are ready to start day 1 in the season. Let the kid learn HOW TO READ DEFENSES first. Then, let him come in. There is no need to ruin the kid by putting him in too early against Pitt and Balt. With that arm, if we develop him AND get some weapons, he will be the starter next year, especially with his arm/release in this offense.

Andy Dalton looked pretty good against Pitt and Balt... of course he had Green....

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I just noticed San Fran picks soon. Maybe we were afraid they would take Weeden?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Prisco hates our picks, so we must be doing pretty well.

I love how he kept saying that we had to replace Colt McCoy last year from the middle of the season on ..... and now he's a McCoy fan again.

N
Rookie
Rookie
N
I think the Browns should pull a trifeca and move back into the first round and draft a punter.

I hate this team.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

Quote:

If I'm Colt McCoy, I refuse to play for these morons!

So.. where would he play ? The CFL ?

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Okay then drafting him in the 1st round was already a mistake.

If he needs to sit a year and develop then he was the wrong choice.

especially since we had a starting RT for the next 10-15 years.

we still need a OT and a WR not going to happen...

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Let the kid learn HOW TO READ DEFENSES first. Then, let him come in. There is no need to ruin the kid by putting him in too early against Pitt and Balt.

What "kid" are you talking about?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Quote:

I can't agree with that. In fact, it may possibly be the opposite. If you rush Weeden and it messes him up to the point where you have to sit him down for a year or two, you've got a 32-year old guy you're gonna try to rebuild.

If he's ready, he can start. If he's not ready, you can't rush him just because he's old. There's no short-cut to help offset his advanced age.

The best thing the organization can do is treat him as if he's not 29. People just have to accept he's got far less year's in the league than your typical player and stick to the best way to develop a player.

NO!!! When you draft a 29 frickin year old QB at #22- that means he is ready to go NOW!!!! There is no sitting him- he'll be 30 years old next season.
No, he was drafted to start now. I hope this is a Holmgren move forcing this on Heckert. That way we still have a shot of a decent front office. If Heckert was on board with this, oh my, his best player available is way off and we don't stand a chance of turning this franchise around with this front office. I hate to say blow it up again, but that's how i feel right now.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Why worry about his age?
Seriuosly, When was the last time a browns qb started more than 3 seasons anyway?

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Quote:

I just noticed San Fran picks soon. Maybe we were afraid they would take Weeden?

If they were afraid SF would take Weeden then then H&H are dumber than we thought.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Dalton had 3 good receivers, a running game and a D that was decent. Plus, who did they have in front of him at QB? Yes, it worked out, but that is not the norm.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

This guy will have the same receiving corps that Colt does.. Not like he will be throwing the rock to Justin Blackmon.. Greg (butter fingers) Little, Joshua Cribbs and Mo Mass??

Not snake bitten at all but unlike YTown, I think that Colt digressed because of the talent around him.. Not becuase he "sucks."

Obviously the team disagrees with you.

A team does not spend a first round pick on a QB if they think that he can be the guy. It just doesn't happen.

I really don't understand why so many people are upset at the prospect of replacing the QB who "led" us to 13 PPG last year. Our offense sucked last year, and a lot of that was on the QB. It looks like this is what the front office thinks as well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Why worry about his age?
Seriuosly, When was the last time a browns qb started more than 3 seasons anyway?

when was the last time we had a FO that lasted more than 3 years?

we may never find out after selecting father time @ #22

123 Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
JC

If weeded in truly good for 3 seasons he is a success.

oioioioi
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ok, maybe I should have said "Rookie", because he has to get used to the pro game/speed. Those windows he was used to having in college will be alot smaller in the pros!

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Not with the Niners having Kaepernik sitting on the bench.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Brandon Weeden - Browns - #22 Overall Pick

Link Copied to Clipboard