Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Quote:

Quote:

This guy will have the same receiving corps that Colt does.. Not like he will be throwing the rock to Justin Blackmon.. Greg (butter fingers) Little, Joshua Cribbs and Mo Mass??

Not snake bitten at all but unlike YTown, I think that Colt digressed because of the talent around him.. Not becuase he "sucks."

Obviously the team disagrees with you.

A team does not spend a first round pick on a QB if they think that he can be the guy. It just doesn't happen.

I really don't understand why so many people are upset at the prospect of replacing the QB who "led" us to 13 PPG last year. Our offense sucked last year, and a lot of that was on the QB. It looks like this is what the front office thinks as well.

I think the anger is that the Browns picked a player when other players who meet their needs were available and the guy they chose would be available later.

So disappointing.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This guy will have the same receiving corps that Colt does.. Not like he will be throwing the rock to Justin Blackmon.. Greg (butter fingers) Little, Joshua Cribbs and Mo Mass??

Not snake bitten at all but unlike YTown, I think that Colt digressed because of the talent around him.. Not becuase he "sucks."

A team does not spend a first round pick on a QB if they think that he can be the guy. It just doesn't happen.

I really don't understand why so many people are upset at the prospect of replacing the QB who "led" us to 13 PPG last year. Our offense sucked last year, and a lot of that was on the QB. It looks like this is what the front office thinks as well.

I think the anger is that the Browns picked a player when other players who meet their needs were available and the guy they chose would be available later.

So disappointing.

Maybe he'd be available later.

Maybe not.

I'm sure that Heckert would have taken someone else if he really believed that Weeden would be there at 37. Obviously he didn't believe that.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No anger here, I'm pleased we have seen the end of Colt McCoy arrive. It's well worth the reach to get a guy with an actual nfl quality arm.

N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Quote:

I'm sure that Heckert would have taken someone else if he really believed that Weeden would be there at 37. Obviously he didn't believe that.

I think you're right. That goes to say something though about Heckert's judgment, or lack thereof.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yall are too butthurt because of his age....if this kid was 22 he would be top 15 easy. He is one of ours now and i am going to support him until he gives me a reason not to.

This kid is bigger and has a much better arm than Dolt....just watch

#brownsgoodkarma
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

How do you know he would have been had later? Yes the teams that pick before the Browns 2nd round pick were not going to take him, but who is to say a team was not going to trade ahead of the Browns and take him?

And to all complaining about his age. Even if he gives the Browns 5, 6 years of quality QB play, that would be the best we have seen since what, Kosar?

[color:"white"]I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane -Waylon Jennings
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I really don't understand why so many people are upset at the prospect of replacing the QB who "led" us to 13 PPG last year.

By that logic, drafting a scarecrow to play QB would be a prudent choice.

I know your opinions tend to be blinded by gut feelings ... but really? Excited about Weeden?

If I had a choice between McCoy in the 3rd, or Weeden in the 1st, I take McCoy 9 times out of ten ... and I think McCoy is a bum. The risk is too high and both have a low ceiling.

Of course, time will tell...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Yall are too butthurt because of his age....if this kid was 22 he would be top 15 easy. He is one of ours now and i am going to support him until he gives me a reason not to.

so he isn't a top 15 talent now?

all i know if the steelers got the 2nd best OL in the draft and we end up with the 4th drafted qb. which has a succss rate of less than 10% in the past decade

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

Quote:

I wonder if the team knows what it is doing. You can't make this pick with what was sitting out there.

I said before. We need playmakers. We need supporting cast. We needed to get the Hillis of 2 years ago (I don't know what his problem was) -stay at #4 and get Blackmon-Decastro or Reiff at #22 and then best defensive need at #37 and then start backfilling depths/needs. We could have picked up a younger qb with more nfl experience between now and cut down days

Legend
Legend
When you have a bum, especially one who drags the entire team down, then you need to replace him.

I also really think that Heckert likes Weeden a LOT. Anyone who listened to him when he talked about Weeden cannot be surprised. If you are, then you weren't paying attention.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Please, if the Browns were smart, they would just sit the kid all year, let Colt/Wallace run the show and see what happens next year. This is Colt's make or break year.

If I'm Colt McCoy, I refuse to play for these morons!

So.. where would he play ? The CFL ?

Any team in the CFL is better than the Cleveland Browns.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

and just because we don't like the replacement doesn't mean we are supporting the incumbent

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

When you have a bum, especially one who drags the entire team down, then you need to replace him.

And replace him with another bum

Quote:

I also really think that Heckert likes Weeden a LOT. Anyone who listened to him when he talked about Weeden cannot be surprised. If you are, then you weren't paying attention.

Heckert liked Kolb, nuff said

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Heckert's done a pretty solid job so far.

I'll trust him over the fans on personnel matters. (and I say that just because people who are whining now said that same thing so often)

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
j/c

Cordy Glenn, Jonathon Martin, Stephen Hill, Ruben Randle.

All still out there.

you had a good run Hank.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Playmakers are more important to this team right now than the supporting cast. If you don't have playmakers, what exactly are you supporting?

I know Reiff is the golden boy of this board but he has the same chance to bust as Robert Gallery did in Oakland.

Some of you might have blown up our HQ if you had the chance when we didn't pick Gallery.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I am starting to question this. 2010 draft looks really bad. 2011 draft looks okay.

Legend
Legend
Yep.

We're going to have one of the following: a very good OL, WR, or the best TE in the draft.

Nice options any way it goes.

I am almost hoping for Fleener at this point.

Fleener, then the best remaining OT in the 3rd ..... then McNutt in the 4th. If we get this, then I'll be ecstatic.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
The 2010 draft is fine. Took a flier on a QB in a round where you usually get a backup, and had an unfortunate bust in Hardesty.

Ward and SL are both quality NFL starters. Haden is a star.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I am starting to question this. 2010 draft looks really bad. 2011 draft looks okay.

Well with our first two draft picks we basically replaced two of the top 4 picks from that draft...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I love the pick if for no other reason than, as Browns fans, we're usually wrong. So, this has to pan out!

I thought they could get him @37..but Iain't mad.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Worst conceivable pick given the scenario. We officially drafted our own Charlie Batch.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

He isn't 22. He's going to be 29 before the start of the season! Truth is, I think these mental midgets are trying to tank the team.

They trade up to get Richardson. I didn't like that all that much. I thought the cost was too high but I was willing to accept it since he was the most highly thought of RB in the draft. They follow that up with the most stupid thing I've seen any FO of any NFL make in the history of football. This even tops the JaMarcus Russell debacle that Al Davis made.

There is a reason the Browns are the laughingstock of the NFL. They'd have been better served taking Tannehill at #4.

Pitiful losers! I'm done with them. The cream of the crop in the stupidity department!

$199 for the NFL Sunday Ticket? If I was going to do it for the Browns, that notion has been dissolved now. There's a reason the effing Putzburgh Steelers are winning Super Bowls and the Browns suck year in and year out! It's moronic selections like this! DeCastro goes to the Steelers and we get the oldest selection ever taken in the NFL draft behind Weinke! I expect no better results from Weeden than we've seen from Weinke!

Legend
Legend
If you really want to be sick, we could have sat still, drafted Blackmon at 4, allowed Tampa to draft Richardson at 5, taken Cordy Glenn at 22, and traded those 4 and 5 with 37 to get ahead of NYG for Doug Martin if we wanted.

Justin Blackmon
Cordy Glenn
Doug Martin

vs.

Trent Richardson
Brandon Weedon (I guess we'll see how good he is without an elite WR)
Reuben Randle?

Gee, that's a toughy.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Anyone who has a problem with trading up for Richardson over valued the picks. Richardson has HOF potential.

Weeden...yeah, go ahead and vent. I understand.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Ward and SL are both quality NFL starters.

Based on what?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

If you really want to be sick, we could have sat still, drafted Blackmon at 4, allowed Tampa to draft Richardson at 5, taken Cordy Glenn at 22, and traded those 4 and 5 with 37 to get ahead of NYG for Doug Martin if we wanted.

Justin Blackmon
Cordy Glenn
Doug Martin

vs.

Trent Richardson
Reuben Randle?

Gee, that's a toughy.

I'll take that 2nd group ten times out of ten.

Then again, I don't like Blackmon and thing Richardson will be the far superior player. Also, Cody Glenn is still on the board.

you had a good run Hank.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Them being good players?

Shawn has been pretty good in both pass and run blocking and will only improve.

Ward is a great LOS tackler and decent in coverage. When healthy, and he was his first year and half his second, he is a very good player.

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Justin Blackmon
Cordy Glenn
Doug Martin

vs.

Trent Richardson
Reuben Randle?

Gee, that's a toughy.

Take out Weeden and put in Glenn and you have no argument for Blackmon IMO. I love the Trent Richardson pick and I'm gonna have to have faith in the Brandon Weeden pick

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
the argument is that if we draft a WR at 37 he's going to be garbage for at least his rookie year whereas Blackmon is a game changer.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Them being good players?

Shawn has been pretty good in both pass and run blocking and will only improve.

Ward is a great LOS tackler and decent in coverage. When healthy, and he was his first year and half his second, he is a very good player.

Shawn was our worst offensive linemen who was more interested in personal fouls than blocking.

TJ is completely misused and gets hurt.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
this was definately a monkey poo pick. With reiff and mercilus on the board, just amazing....

I hope it works out, but this really means that the RT is next....

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

He isn't 22. He's going to be 29 before the start of the season!

The season starts in late October now?

[color:"white"]I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane -Waylon Jennings
C
Legend
Legend
C
I see us trading Colt McCoy. I wonder what we can get for him.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

this was definately a monkey poo pick. With reiff and mercilus on the board, just amazing....

I hope it works out, but this really means that the RT is next....

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET A WR?!

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

Playmakers are more important to this team right now than the supporting cast. If you don't have playmakers, what exactly are you supporting?

I know Reiff is the golden boy of this board but he has the same chance to bust as Robert Gallery did in Oakland.

Some of you might have blown up our HQ if you had the chance when we didn't pick Gallery.

Reiff/Decastro fill needs. Decastro will be playing for 10 years for them. Hillis is gone, so Trent did fill a need, but did we have to give up picks. Seems like they are falling in love with players. Well they are falling in love with players, no doubt about it.
But we are through the first round and didn't address wr or right side of the line which are huge holes for us. And we had a pretty good def last year but we did not have many injuries on the line. And this is only 1 round, but there is still some good WR, Off line and def holes to fill.

C
Legend
Legend
C
We still have eight more picks. Also, with improved QB play maybe our WR's will magically get better.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

Hate the pick. He would have been there at 37 and he I'm not sure he is an upgrade over Colt McCoy.

Agreed

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

the argument is that if we draft a WR at 37 he's going to be garbage for at least his rookie year whereas Blackmon is a game changer.

Stephen Hill or Reuben Randle might be a bit raw, but I guess we just disagree.

I'm good with Hill, Randle, Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd.

I just wanted to get our RT with that second 1st round pick. Riley Reif, Cordy Glenn. One of those would have made me happier.

Overall, I have faith in Heckert. Especially high in the draft. The guy has done pretty well for us. Especially if Weeden works out, that would be great for us

But we still have a gigantic hole at RT. That will kill our offense if that isn't fixed. Cousins or whatever is not an option as RT starter. Man I was praying to trade up for Glenn

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Brandon Weeden - Browns - #22 Overall Pick

Link Copied to Clipboard