Legend
Legend
it's the capslock username

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

NOT EVEN 24 HOURS AGO YOU POSTED ABOUT HOW RICHARDSON WAS THE PICK YOU WANTED...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??

#TROLL

I think that Throw Long's point of contention is giving up the picks (4th and 5th) to obtain the #3 overall pick when holding pat at #4 would have been better.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

NOT EVEN 24 HOURS AGO YOU POSTED ABOUT HOW RICHARDSON WAS THE PICK YOU WANTED...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??

#TROLL

I think that Throw Long's point of contention is giving up the picks (4th and 5th) to obtain the #3 overall pick when holding pat at #4 would have been better.

Unless you wanted Richardson, cause if we don't, we weren't getting him...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
THROW LONG's point of contention is everything.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??

#TROLL

Unless you wanted Richardson, cause if we don't, we weren't getting him...

How do you know that?

There wasn't any guarantee that Minny gets their man if they trade down to #5 with Tampa Bay.

Legend
Legend
Because I base my opinions off reports I hear.

Most reports state that Minny called us and said TB was offering this, beat it, and we did...

Because if we didn't need to trade up for Richardson.. we wouldn't have...

By your logic, we should of stayed at 4 to draft Andrew Luck...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

THROW LONG's point of contention is everything.

I'm not here to defend his views, just stating how I saw his comment.

I didn't mind the Richardson pick except that I would have preferred not to give up as much as we did to move up to #3.

The #22 was an unmitigated disaster in my view.

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
Quote:

Quote:

Weeden MUST start this year. You don't draft a QB in the first round, especially a 29 year old QB, and sit him on the bench.

Agreed, He must start. Browns need to draft a RT and a WR tomorrow for him.

I get a feeling we are not going to draft a WR or RT tomorrow, and maybe not till the 4th round for the WR. Did we draft TE last year for no reason?

Last edited by DawgFace; 04/27/12 01:32 AM.

Go Browns !!!!
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

How do you know that?

From Heckert's press conference:

Quote:

Heckert: “Because I know exactly what was offered to Minnesota and it was more than actually what…so we knew we had to trade up to get him if we wanted him. I know that for a fact.”

Link

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
Quote:

Quote:

I'm... Going... To buy... A Weeden... Jersey...?

...Reverse Jinx maybe?

Campaign for Weeden to be on the 2014 Madden cover?

He will be, but only as the guy getting sacked by Melvin Ingram.

Go Browns !!!!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Because I base my opinions off reports I hear.

Most reports state that Minny called us and said TB was offering this, beat it, and we did...

Because if we didn't need to trade up for Richardson.. we wouldn't have...

By your logic, we should of stayed at 4 to draft Andrew Luck...

lol

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Quote:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??

#TROLL

If you can't understand the diseingenuous post that was my support for a pick of Trent Richardson as a smoke screen 18 hours before the start of the draft, then try to understand it now.
The date was in purple.
Convinced they weren't even wanting Richardson but worried someone would jump the Browns pick to take Tannehill at 3, I decided to start a thread on Richardson. ( There wasn't even one about him so close to the start of the draft.)

Maybe I was trying to talk myself into not hating an inevitable pick or Trent that actually happened

It's going to take some getting used to.
What might have been? Tannehill, Jeffery, and James coming up.
Won't happen now.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend

I've never been happier putting someone on ignore (close second was the month I had mac on ignore) than I am right now...

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

If you can't understand the diseingenuous post that was my support for a pick of Trent Richardson as a smoke screen 18 hours before the start of the draft, then try to understand it now.

Smokescreen for who? Other posters?

Quote:

Convinced they weren't even wanting Richardson but worried someone would jump the Browns pick to take Tannehill at 3, I decided to start a thread on Richardson.

I'm sure multiple NFL front office executives were perusing this board trying to figure out what we were going to do on the eve of the draft.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

How do you know that?

From Heckert's press conference:

Quote:

Heckert: “Because I know exactly what was offered to Minnesota and it was more than actually what…so we knew we had to trade up to get him if we wanted him. I know that for a fact.”

Link

Heckert wouldn't lie, would he?

I didn't see Minny trading down to the #5 spot an lose the guy (Kalil) that they wanted.

Let's say that the Bucs do go up to #3 and get Richardson. Fine. You sit at #4 and trade down. Minny doesn't know what a team is offering the Browns (unless they believe what the Browns tell them).

The Browns got Weeden at #22. Tell me of any 'expert' that had that high a view on Weeden?

It's not a hard thing to fathom. The Weeden selection really was a reach of epic proportions and it's going to sink the franchise for another 5 years!

Good luck Trent. You'll need it.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Tell me of any 'expert' that had that high a view on Weeden?

Would you consider Heckert an expert? Holmgren? Shurmur? It seems to me that they had Weeden ranked pretty high.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Would you consider Heckert an expert? Holmgren? Shurmur? It seems to me that they had Weeden ranked pretty high.

outside of those nutjobs,.. who rated weeden with a top 18 grade?

Heckert did rate him in the top 18 of players going into the NFL form the draft this year.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
J/C...

This thread cracks me up. It's astounding how smart some of you think you are... please feel free to visit Lou Groza Boulevard in the morning and submit your resume, clearly your services need to be put to use instead of typing away on the interwebs.

I immediately embrace Weeden and when he was picked because so many are so completely against it.

"Go root for Buffalo".

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Smokescreen for who? Other posters?

Quote:

Convinced they weren't even wanting Richardson but worried someone would jump the Browns pick to take Tannehill at 3, I decided to start a thread on Richardson.

I'm sure multiple NFL front office executives were perusing this board trying to figure out what we were going to do on the eve of the draft.

I think Throw Long might also be wearing an armadillo shell wrapped in aluminum foil on top of his head

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
Quote:

J/C...

This thread cracks me up. It's astounding how smart some of you think you are... please feel free to visit Lou Groza Boulevard in the morning and submit your resume, clearly your services need to be put to use instead of typing away on the interwebs.

I immediately embrace Weeden and when he was picked because so many are so completely against it.

"Go root for Buffalo".

Thanks for proving my point.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Does it really matter? If he plays well who cares where anyone had him ranked.

Legend
Legend
What I find amazing is how many people loved Heckert ...... until pick 22.

Now they doubt him with all that they are worth.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
Legend
Legend
C
His legacy will be determined by that pick, that's for sure. If Weeden succeeds he will be a hero, if he fails he will be the last QB Heckert selects in the first round for the Browns.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

He seems really good at making the easy picks (Haden, Richardson)

But when it gets even passed the first round, he seems to get attached to certain players and IMO gives up too much to get them... (Hardesty, Weeden)

If Weeden works out? Yeah he's a genius, But if he doesn't and everyone gets fired in a year or two? Does it matter that he got the Richardson pick right?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Does it really matter? If he plays well who cares where anyone had him ranked.

yes, if he wasn't rated to be picked until the late 2nd or 3rd round... why get trigger happy?

If it was to make sure he got his guy... why don't we draft a punter with our first pick? that would guarantee us that guy too.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quarterback > Punter

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

No, because unless you can corroborate it with the GMs of other teams, their team presidents or their head coaches as having such a high regard for Weeden, then the answer is no.

Frankly, I think they screwed the pooch on the selection of Weeden.

I find it curious that one might praise this selection but condemn the taking of McCoy with a 3rd rounder by the same group of people (sans Shurmur).

As far as gurus go, it doesn't seem that Holmgren or Heckert chose their HC very wisely either.

This franchise is pathetic (and as a fan, it pains me to say it) and there is a reason why they are the laughingstock of the NFL.

When the NFL released the schedule and joked about when the Browns might get their first win, I thought it was a bit premature. The write-up stated that they could realistically be 0-13 before having a legitimate shot at a win - against Washington (another joke of a franchise).

God help them in their choices tomorrow. They'll need His guidance or I could see this team going 0-16!

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I thought he did well, until he tried to draft players on offense.

S
Rookie
Rookie
S
Ok. Weeden at 22..... I wonder if they attempted to trade down as teams were moving around here for the players they wanted and maybe pick up ammo to get back into the 2nd to get a player of need and still get Mr. Weeden in the 1st round. Looking at the draft order at the time of this pick I thought "Wow, a little reach here, Huh?" Weeden as 18th best? I hope he works out.

Don't hate this guy, just hate the spot he was taken in cause it always feels like other teams play the Browns like a harp in the draft. I will be hoping he makes the receivers better and it was all McCoy. ONCE again don't hate Weeden as a player but not sure of the spot he was drafted was right. BTW, the friends at the draft were laughing at me the rest of the draft for this pick and DANG GONE IT, one of them is a Steelers fan and said he will enjoy watching the Browns keep on losing. They were saying over and over again, "Leave it to the Browns to screw up their draft." Hope Hackert is right on this one cause I am tired of hearing this crap.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quarterback > Punter

Andy Lee > Brandon Weeden

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Well, I was questioning his desire to trade up one slot with the 4th to the 3rd pick and using three draft picks(that could be used for other trades) to get Richardson. There were too many other options that would have fit for us there and could have used those other picks to make better trades later in the first round when players that we needed were falling down the board.

As much as I liked the Richardson pick, I don't like the trade.

Last edited by ~TuX~; 04/27/12 02:02 AM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
C
Legend
Legend
C
It's fun to make judgments on players before they even step on the practice field.

I'm not saying Weeden is the answer. I'm saying it was determined that Colt McCoy was not the answer. If he was not the answer they needed to get a QB. The QB they wanted was Brandon Weeden, and they didn't want to risk not getting him.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Well, I was questioning his desire to trade up one slot with the 4th to the 3rd pick and using three draft picks(that could be used for other trades) to get Richardson. There were too many other options that would have fit for us there and could have used those other picks to make better trades later in the first round when players that we needed were falling down the board.

He had to beat a deal already on the table....heckert didnt just trade to trade. He wanted richardson, he made sure he got him. Im glad we didnt miss out on ANOTHER targeted player.

#brownsgoodkarma
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Here's every weeden tape I know of:

http://www.youtube.com/v/TZa0ZNdRBSY
http://www.youtube.com/v/aUbkSR4wtWI
http://www.youtube.com/v/3XooClErAx4
http://www.youtube.com/v/YsevlHpqatI
http://www.youtube.com/v/he4suL3YGJA
http://www.youtube.com/v/abNbOwcM3CM

~Lyuokdea

Thanks for the data mining.

not much out of those videos make me go... WOW! that guy is a first round qb that can take the Browns to the SuperBowl.

watch the last video

He isn't as accurate as people think. He was just lucky to have a great WR to bail him out. He overthrows/under a lot and didn't have that great of ball placement. He forces way too many passes, he makes some really really less than intelligent plays. If people complained about colt under throwing... they will have a field day with Weeden. He also leaves his WR's out to dry.

He reminds me a lot of DA-- strong arm that has limited control and sprays footballs all over the field in a 2 step drop in the shotgun.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
oh and he might be the only QB in the NFL to get a safety by stepping out the back of the endzone and at the same time throwing a pick 6 to a wide open defender with no teammates around..
\

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Eat crow...NOW

All of you

The trade up for TR had me my head for 2 hours, 4 picks for a freaking RB, we got freaking played by 1 of the most stupid GMs in Spielman (you really think TB wouldn't have given more if they really wanted TR?), who showed his level of ineptness by trading back into the 1st for an overrated S

Then I heard the commish say BRANDON WEEDEN....and it all made sense: sure fire pick at 3 and finally roll the dice on a real QB at 22.....if Weeden bombs, he will bomb really bad and suck to "out of the league in 2 years" level....but the upside is Roethli, Favre...whatever he turns out to be I congratulate Heckert for having a set of gigantic onions for at least trying to upgrade our biggest need with a legit talent...thank you

Now continue to make those lame age jokes fools, lol....love it when the majority is against a pick....a sure sign that it was a good one

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
guys just wanted to get on here to c what was said about weedon. i am a season ticket holder at ok state and i am telling you the guy is a winner. he will be your qb and you will love him trust me . he has IT

Legend
Legend
I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over a 4th, 5th, and 7th rounder ... if those picks made sure that we got the top guy we wanted in the draft.

We still have 10 picks. 13 was really too many, and we would likely have cut several draft picks with that many.

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
weedon will throw for 3500 yd and 25 td this season. winner

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Brandon Weeden - Browns - #22 Overall Pick

Link Copied to Clipboard