Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I think a Non Concussed MoMass, Little on the outside (With the occasional Cribbs sighting) and Norwood in the slot and Mitchell running Go Routes can be "acceptable"

I'd be happier with Hill or Jeffery...

But I want a RT more than a WR...

Listen Cribbs was a starter by the end of the year ... what's that tell you.

Moe I don't see anything that tells me he is a good fit in this offense.

I guess I am left to hope that Mitchell can become a player, because I don't have any confidence that any others will step up their game. Little has some skills, but he wont ever scar a defense.

The Blue Chips are off the board.

Next year maybe

never.

[Linked Image]

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

We can wish,but wishing can't make it so.

We have the worst unit in the League and TR will have a bulls eye plastered on him.

We drafted a QB in the first round because it was determined Colt McCoy was not good. If Colt McCoy was not good it would be hard to properly evaluate or wide receivers.

Legend
Legend
trying to think of a best-case scenario...

37 OT Cordy Glenn (somehow makes it past Baltimore)
67 WR Greg Childs (would like to trade back a bit in the round getting a second 4th if possible )
100 CB Ron Brooks (would love to take Broyles or De Davis here, but can't wait till 160 for a CB)
160 OLB Travis Lewis
204 WR Devon Wylie
205 DE Malik Jackson
245 ILB Jerry Franklin
247 OG Rokevious Watkins

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

We have the worst unit in the League and TR will have a bulls eye plastered on him.

We drafted a QB in the first round because it was determined Colt McCoy was not good. If Colt McCoy was not good it would be hard to properly evaluate or wide receivers.

WAAAAAIT a minute...

I've heard for a year now, how we can't evaluate McCoy because everyone around him sucks...

So what YOU'RE saying...

Is that maybe... MCCOY sucks, so we can't evaluate people around him..!!!

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Let's see:

37: TE Fleener
67: OT Massie
100: WR McNutt
Take the best available from there on out.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Can Massie start right away?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Playmakes make plays and they had opportunities even with McCoy.

[Linked Image]

C
Legend
Legend
C
I have been one of the people on the fence. I didn't want to draft a QB because I didn't see a major upgrade over McCoy (besides Luck and Griffin). But I, admittedly, know very little about playing QB in the NFL (there's a shocker). I have said that if it was determined that McCoy was not the answer at QB I would be okay with that because the people making the decisions know much more than me.

If it was determined that Colt McCoy was no good then it would make sense that we haven't gotten proper evaluations of our current wide receivers.

Legend
Legend
Probably not ..... but I do believe that there will be a Tackle who becomes available as training camp progresses.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
Legend
Legend
C
How many opportunities were missed because McCoy wasn't doing his job properly or wasn't physically capable of doing his job?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

What to do tomorrow

Leave the TV off.

throw your tv at your remote.

Maybe H&H were paid off because we spoiled our picks with a reach at 22 with a "mature" qb and trading a handful of picks for Richardson.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

How many opportunities were missed because McCoy wasn't doing his job properly or wasn't physically capable of doing his job?

Excuse me but they all had a hand on the ball and I didn't see many making the plays that you need to make in this League. I am not hitching my horse to that wagon, but your more then welcome to your wishes, because what are your options?

We need a FO who is thinking in the 21st century not the 20th century.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 04/27/12 02:00 AM.

[Linked Image]

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I think McCoy's fate was sealed when his father called the team about the mishandling of his concussion. That was a black eye for the management.

I think you might be right.

Quote:

WR ... Who needs em

Massaquoi and Little are just fine. Hadn't you heard?

Quote:

Heckert thinks we're good there.

Yep. Didn't they think that Robiskie & Massaquoi were fine receivers last season? Then Robiskie was cut loose mid-season and Massaquoi was invisible.

Little will be the mentor for any WR they actually take in the draft (but nobody really knows when that'll happen) and he led the league in dropped passes.

Oh well, when the Browns suck again next year and they're making excuses why Weeden didn't succeed for not having any elite receivers around him, they'll be saying it to an unresponsive corpse of a fanbase.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

WR ... Who needs em

I'm thinking that the belief is that with improved QB play the WR corps will also imrpove.

They'll break their own record for futility and drop even more passes?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WR ... Who needs em

I'm thinking that the belief is that with improved QB play the WR corps will also imrpove.

They'll break their own record for futility and drop even more passes?

They couldn't catch McCoy's change up ... how do you expect them to catch a fast ball by Weeden.

We're a Joke and the laughing stock of the League for a reason.

We don't scare anyone!

[Linked Image]

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Pinkston and Lauvao are decent young guards who will get better and better.

Because you say so? Pinkston might be able to grow into it but Lauvao is total garbage. He shouldn't even be depth material for an NFL franchise and too many of our fans are accepting him as a starter.

Quote:

I certainly wouldn't use a first rounder on a guard to replace them.

But the Steelers did. How many Super Bowls have they won in the past decade? How many have the Browns won? How many times have the Browns even made the playoffs since returning? The Steelers?

As Browns fans, we give ourselves too much credit for being the best and most die-hard fans when collectively, we're just the most stupid fanbase in the league.

Quote:

The rest is bullcrap that is the result of you either being sauced or emotional.

I'm not sauced (I had one beer about 6 hours ago) and nothing more and you bet your ass I'm emotional. The front office of the team I cheer for is made up of morons and the fanbase seems to be even more stupid than they are. Yeah, as part of that fanbase, it reflects poorly on me and I get upset about that.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WR ... Who needs em

I thought that I saw something on the uniform that Richardson was holding up with Goodell. So, it was a bull's eye! That's what I thought I saw!

What's the over-under on how many carries Richardson gets next season?

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I think a Non Concussed MoMass, Little on the outside (With the occasional Cribbs sighting) and Norwood in the slot and Mitchell running Go Routes can be "acceptable"

I'd be happier with Hill or Jeffery...

But I want a RT more than a WR...

Proving my point that Browns fans are the most stupid in the league. I feel ashamed to belong to the group.

It sucks to be a Browns fan and it's just gotten a lot worse.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Playmakers make plays and they had opportunities even with McCoy.

But they let the opportunities slip through their fingers.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

We need a FO who is thinking in the 21st century not the 20th century.

I'd settle for a FO that was thinking clearly.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WR ... Who needs em

I thought that I saw something on the uniform that Richardson was holding up with Goodell. So, it was a bull's eye! That's what I thought I saw!

500 I think ... Can you say Captain Caveman football

Also I think this means the Hardesty pick/trade was a blunder.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Ben Watson had 7 drops last year.

I seem to recall that he had 1 in 2010.

Why the difference?

Massaquoi had a concussion and an ankle injury last year. Wonder if that could have affected him?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
1. DE Upshaw
2. RT J.Martin
3. Trade down a little and get back a 4th/5th
4. DE Curry
5. WR Sanu
6. RT Schwartz
7. CB Fleming
8. WR Jeffery

Avoid: J.Jenkins, Adams, Branch, Massie

Meh: Z.Brown, Randle, Hill, Glenn, L.David, Silatolu

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

They couldn't catch McCoy's change up ... how do you expect them to catch a fast ball by Weeden.

We're a Joke and the laughing stock of the League for a reason.

We don't scare anyone!

They couldn't catch anything thrown by McCoy or even Wallace.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WR ... Who needs em

500 I think ... Can you say Captain Caveman football

Also I think this means the Hardesty pick/trade was a blunder.

I think that 500 is probably a high number since I expect that we'll be seeing a lot of large deficits on the scoreboard needing to be made up. They'll have Weeden passing the ball 50-60 times each game to the same crop of receivers that McCoy had as targets.

I kind of feel sorry for Grandpa Weeden. He won't stand a chance.

As for Hardesty, he is a complete bust, and that's not even with me trying to bring up his medical condition. Without help, I see Richardson fairing no better on this team. Just pile up the bodies of promising selections that weren't given a chance to succeed.

Until the 22nd pick in this draft, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm no longer willing to do that. They've already been given more time than they've given any of the draft picks have selected.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Ben Watson had 7 drops last year.

I seem to recall that he had 1 in 2010.

Why the difference?

Massaquoi had a concussion and an ankle injury last year. Wonder if that could have affected him?

How many hits did McCoy take? And as I recall, he got concussed too and they put him back in the freaking game!

As for the drops by the receivers, just look at the tape. They call them 'dropped balls' for a reason. The receivers should have caught the pass, but didn't.

Legend
Legend
Again ... how many dropped passes did these guys have the year before last compared to last year?

If you change a position, and everything either improves or declines, then there may be a connection.

We swapped out Robiske and Stuckey for Little and Norwood. We didn't make massive changes in the receiver corps. However, we did make a new guy the starting QB, and suddenly we have a huge increase in drops. Given that ..... where do you start to look for answers?

T
Legend
Legend
T
What to do today?

Trade down. Don't trade up! Nothing good happens when they trade up.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I think we go WR. I wouldn't mind trading back into the second for a RT, but I think we can get a good one in the top of the third.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Miami Dolphins have 42, 72,73, and 103

the Browns have 37, ... and 67 and 100

I would get on the phone, and try to entice them to either move up to 37 from 42 for one or both of those 72-73 picks.

Or

I would even consider sacrificing the 37 pick all together for all 3 of those, #72, 73, and 103 overall.

Browns still have alot of needs.
Yesterday they lost 3 picks/players, it wouldn't hurt to try to recoop.
bite the bullett, do some damage control and still come out with some quantity and hopefully quality.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 04/27/12 07:54 AM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Here are my official tiers for day 2:

Want: Upshaw, J.Martin, Curry, Sanu

Ok: Schwartz, Fleming, Jeffery, Wagner, T.Crawford, Boykin, M.Jones, J.Robinson, Osemele, Fleener

Torn/meh: Z.Brown, Randle, Hill, Glenn, L.David, Silatolu, T.Johnson, Kendricks, R.Lewis, Givens, any DT

Avoid: J.Jenkins, Adams, Branch, Massie, Quick

Some of those guys move up a tier based on where we pick them between 33-95...as long as we keep selecting from my top 2 tiers, we're doing a good job ...but I expect at least 1 being from the 3rd tier...it's just Heckert's shoot for moon upside approach, so I suspect we will land at least 1 boom or bust guy somewhere on day 2, like he did last draft with the Little selection...Hill, Randle, Adams, Glenn fit the bill

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
NRTU

The more I read about the Browns the more I think they wanted to get Wright at 22 and then trade back into the late 1st round to get Weeden.... as it ended up they missed on Wright by two spots so they went with their 3rd 1st round pick in Weeden...

which leads me to believe they will be looking at a WR with the 37... we'll see... I really expect either WR or OL... but if Smith is there I'm thinking they go with him.

<><

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

The more I read about the Browns the more I think they wanted to get Wright at 22 and then trade back into the late 1st round to get Weeden.... as it ended up they missed on Wright by two spots so they went with their 3rd 1st round pick in Weeden...

which leads me to believe they will be looking at a WR with the 37... we'll see... I really expect either WR or OL... but if Smith is there I'm thinking they go with him.

This is how I see it, too. I think they may try to move higher than 37 for the next pick.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think if we go Stephen Hill (Rueben Randle could also work) and Mitchell Schwartz...then I think that makes things work for us., no

Weeden's pick moves Colt to 2nd string where hes better off...and if we can add a WR and RT tomorrow then I'm good with Weeden

I loved the Richardson pick. Got no problem with it or how it came down or what we gave up to get him..

Weeden seems like a guy that, like McCoy, needs weapons around him (he won't have blackmon)

He'll have Richardson so that's a plus, we'll have Little in his second season. The hope is he'll make the leap..

So where from here,,, a RT and another WR on Offense.. Hope we find a gem late as a DB or Safety....

For me, the Weeden pick made no sense. But it is what it is.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
K
Rookie
Rookie
K
Need to get Reuben Randle with pick 37.....then go OL in round 3......unless we trade back up into round 2 to take either Martin or Glenn (tackles)....would love that...getting the WR and a tackle....

"There's a gleam men..."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Screw quantity. That doesn't do you any good.

I have often said you not only build a team from the top of the roster, you also build it from the bottom up.

Well, we have done a great job of building the bottom of the roster. It's time to concentrate on the top.

Dump picks and move up every chance you get. I am fine if we only come out of this draft with 3 more players....I know it will be more because of comp picks, which you can't trade.

We need good players, not a bunch of scrubs to replace other scrubs.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Just how many draft picks do you see making this team?

We now have a total of 10 picks in this draft instead of 13. Big freakin' deal. 10 is plenty of picks. I want quality players ...... guys who can compete to start and make this team better. I don't give a damn about adding camp bodies.

If we see a guy in the 2nd we want, then I hope we grab him. If there is another available later in the round, then I hope we go after him. If we can come out of this draft with 4 certain starters, that would be amazing.

I don't care if we add a 4th string TE who doesn't play special teams in the 6th. (although I do want McNutt in the 4th/5th)

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Quote:

Need to get Reuben Randle with pick 37.....then go OL in round 3......unless we trade back up into round 2 to take either Martin or Glenn (tackles)....would love that...getting the WR and a tackle....

This is exactly my line of thinking as well. You throw to score and run to win. We have the runner, the guy to throw and now we need a WR such as Randle or even Hill and the RT to protect.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

I am fine if we only come out of this draft with 3 more players....I know it will be more because of comp picks, which you can't trade.

Quote:

I agree 100%. Let's use what we have to move up for quality on this roster.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

ESPN's John Clayton said on SportsCenter that a "run on wide receivers" could start as early as the top of the second round.
There are rumors linking the Rams to LSU WR Rueben Randle at pick No. 33, and Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill is not expected to get past the Browns at No. 37. Other highly rated available wideouts include Alshon Jeffery (South Carolina), Marvin Jones (Cal), Brian Quick (Appalachian State), Chris Givens (Wake Forest), Mohamed Sanu (Rutgers), and Oklahoma slot receiver Ryan Broyles.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) What to do tomorrow

Link Copied to Clipboard