Page 1 of 2 1 2
#686860 04/27/12 10:12 AM
C
CBFAN19 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
C
Not sure if this deserved it's own thread, but since the idea of trading McCoy has come up, what should the Browns realistically hope to get for him?

He was drafted in the third, but does he still have a 3rd round value? Is he part of a package with a pick or two to move up? Do the Browns do a straight up trade?

I'm curious as to people's thoughts on this one.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
B
Legend
Legend
B
I would see more value in packaging him with a pick to make a nice jump up.

His best straight up value would be to hold him through camp and hope somebodys starter gets hurt in camp....then he might even have 2nd round value, though that is probably a stretch.

Now, straight up, I'd jump all over a 4th rounder.

Colt and our 5th rounder could get us back in to the mid 4th IMO.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Just heard that McCoy could be dealt as early as today.

We'll see what happens.

[color:"white"]Such is life in Soviet Russia... I mean Cleveland[/color]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd be happy with anything higher than a 6.

I'm trying to even think about who may want him and I'm drawing a blank.

As Peen said, I think he's probably packaged with a pick to make a small move up.

C
CBFAN19 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

I was thinking the same thing, but as you also mentioned, I think as part of a package the Browns could be better off and get a bigger jump.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Legend
Legend
Don't be surprised if he's not moved and he either starts the season or is our back-up...

unless we get something around a 4th round I don't see us moving him this weekend... but we'll see.

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Between the concussion, ending the season on the IR, attempting to trade for RG3 and then finally drafting Weeden I'm not sure what value if any Colt has left.

At this point I think he will be part of a package to move up and his value if I had to guess would be equivalent to a 6th rounder at best.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Quote:

Between the concussion, ending the season on the IR, attempting to trade for RG3 and then finally drafting Weeden I'm not sure what value if any Colt has left.

At this point I think he will be part of a package to move up and his value if I had to guess would be equivalent to a 6th rounder at best.

Agreed. No way do we get anything higher than a 6th rounder for McCoy. 5th rounder would be the best case scenario.

[color:"white"]Such is life in Soviet Russia... I mean Cleveland[/color]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
If we got a 4th I'd be happy.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

this.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

this.

don't forget the ham sandwich

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Eagles or Chiefs would be likely landing spots imho.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
God, I'd be happy if they got a 4th rounder.

you had a good run Hank.
B
Legend
Legend
B
That's why i said I'd jump all over a 4th....meaning I don't really think we can squeeze that out of the deal.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think Colt has more value to us as a back up. Hes got experience, he knows the system, and hes a smart kid.

Hell, he ws drafted with the thought of him being a good back up, it was just bad luck that made him a starter.

His value to The Browns is as a quality #2 QB

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

This is what I see. Say Philly wants him as a backup, maybe packaging 67, Colt McCoy and a 5th to move up to 51?

Who knows if they're even interested. Who knows if that's enough to make the move up? Just throwing ideas around.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If we got a 4th I'd be shocked.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think Arizona should look at inquiring about Colt.. Heck.. even San Fran..

Legend
Legend
If we get more than a 4th, then Heckert should be investigated for extortion ..... because it would be obvious that he has pictures of someone.

I would guess that a 2013 6th with a possible upgrade to 5th might be possible. Who knows though? Heckert got more out of Quinn than I would have thought possible.

Hell, maybe he trades him for a 7th and a RT?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/27/report-browns-talking-colt-mccoy-trade-with-packers/

Quote:

Report: Browns talking Colt McCoy trade with Packers

Posted by Evan Silva on April 27, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT

AP
Citing a source, Bill Huber of Packer Report reports that the Packers and Browns have discussed a trade that would send quarterback Colt McCoy to Green Bay.

McCoy is being shopped after the Browns used the 22nd overall pick in last night’s draft on Brandon Weeden. Weeden is tentatively projected as the Browns’ new Week One starter. His backup would be Seneca Wallace.

As Huber notes, the Packers have one sixth-round pick and three seventh-round picks to dangle in trade talks. They would be targeting McCoy as a backup upgrade on Graham Harrell and former Arena League southpaw Nick Hill.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
That really is a good place for him. IMO everyone wins.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So, what would we get...a 6th and 7th?

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I read that as we would get a 6th or 7th rounder.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Whatever we get, I'd love to see us use them to get back into the 2nd.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
Quote:

They would be targeting McCoy as a backup upgrade on Graham Harrell and former Arena League southpaw Nick Hill.

The average poster on this board might be an upgrade over that ........

Good spot for McCoy ..... he could sit and never have to play. Maybe, after sitting and watching how a real pro like Rodgers does thing for 3 or 4 years, he might even become a competent QB.

I doubt it though. I suspect that they would keep him till this contract runs out ..... then dump him.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Where are we picking next?

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Where are we picking next?

#37. 5th pick in the second round.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks...can't find a site with that info.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

If we get more than a 4th, then Heckert should be investigated for extortion ..... because it would be obvious that he has pictures of someone.

I would guess that a 2013 6th with a possible upgrade to 5th might be possible. Who knows though? Heckert got more out of Quinn than I would have thought possible.

Hell, maybe he trades him for a 7th and a RT?

The Browns will be lucky to get anything for him at all. The Browns are going to try and sell a team what they consider to be a pail of crap? Um... yeah. That's it! And it'll only cost you a 6th or 7th round pick.

Ask yourself why any team would do that? It's obvious that the Browns won't keep him on the roster. Just wait until he's cut and he can be gotten by any team presenting the best offer without giving up anything.

The Browns have so many holes to fill and they use picks on two of the least necessary picks.

Advice to Montario Hardesty, settle up your debts in Cleveland. You're on the trade or chopping block too!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Thanks...can't find a site with that info.

Yeah, I guess www.NFL.com is a pretty obscure site.

Colt McCoy not requesting a trade, sources with knowledge of the situation said Friday.

He's eager to compete with Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden, whom the Browns drafted at No. 22 Thursday night, and not looking to leave Cleveland.

There are several West Coast offense teams that are in the market for back-up quarterbacks, however, and the Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers and Philadelphia Eagles are among them.

So a trade is possible, but McCoy is not seeking one.

link

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

His best straight up value would be to hold him through camp and hope somebodys starter gets hurt in camp....then he might even have 2nd round value, though that is probably a stretch.

Colt and our 5th rounder could get us back in to the mid 4th IMO.

Whatever you're smoking, it's not good for you. I don't see the Browns getting anything for McCoy. Nothing. Not even a late 7th rounder. If they got that much, I'd be stunned.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I think Colt has more value to us as a back up. Hes got experience, he knows the system, and hes a smart kid.

Hell, he ws drafted with the thought of him being a good back up, it was just bad luck that made him a starter.

His value to The Browns is as a quality #2 QB

KING

But there's the question of whether McCoy would play for the Browns. He can simply hold out of camp to either get traded (I don't see any team that would give up anything for him, expecting his release) or getting his outright release.

I predict that you folks are smoking something illegal thinking the Browns will be able to get anything for him or thinking that he'll even wear a Browns uniform again.

Legend
Legend

The teams picking ahead of us are:

St Louis
Indy
Baltimore
and Denver

I would bet money that St Louis goes with the top OL or WR on their board. If they do anything else, they may see Sam Bradford shoot himself.

Indy needs just about everything. They probably go OL to help protect their shiny new QB.

Baltimore needs OL, WR, OLB, and FS according to the draft tracker. They can probably get value at WR or OL here.

Denver would be picking for the 1st time in this year's draft .... unless they trade down again. They need DT, RB, and CB according to the draft tracker. (and QB, but this is probably way to high to take a backup QB out of the guys who are left)

My guesses are:

St Louis - Hill. They need speed
Indy - Martin. Reuniting the Stanford T with his QB
Baltimore - Upshaw. Pass rusher supreme makes sense here.
Denver - Worthy makes sense here.
Cleveland - Choice of Fleener, Glenn, Givens or Sanu here. I think that it will come down to Fleener or Glenn, and another weapon for Weeden wins out.

That's my take on it.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Why? Why would they do that? Ask yourself why the Cardinals or 49ers would do that?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
St. Louis: Glenn
Indy: Fleener
Baltimore: Upshaw
Denver...I have no idea, but not a WR.

Our choice would be between Hill, Martin and Randle. I think they'd take Hill.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Why? Why would they do that? Ask yourself why the Cardinals or 49ers would do that?

Kevin Kolb is garbage.. thats why.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/27/report-browns-talking-colt-mccoy-trade-with-packers/

Quote:

Report: Browns talking Colt McCoy trade with Packers

Posted by Evan Silva on April 27, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT

AP
Citing a source, Bill Huber of Packer Report reports that the Packers and Browns have discussed a trade that would send quarterback Colt McCoy to Green Bay.

McCoy is being shopped after the Browns used the 22nd overall pick in last night’s draft on Brandon Weeden. Weeden is tentatively projected as the Browns’ new Week One starter. His backup would be Seneca Wallace.

As Huber notes, the Packers have one sixth-round pick and three seventh-round picks to dangle in trade talks. They would be targeting McCoy as a backup upgrade on Graham Harrell and former Arena League southpaw Nick Hill.

If the Packers give up the 7th for him, I'll be stunned. Forget about the 6th rounder. The other 7th rounders that the Packers have are like ours, compensatory picks. They can't trade them. I suppose they could draft a player and swap that player for McCoy, but I don't even see that happening.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Not sure if this deserved it's own thread, but since the idea of trading McCoy has come up, what should the Browns realistically hope to get for him?

He was drafted in the third, but does he still have a 3rd round value? Is he part of a package with a pick or two to move up? Do the Browns do a straight up trade?

I'm curious as to people's thoughts on this one.

If Colt is traded then it will be his good fortune to get out of this losing franchise where he will never have a supporting cast to work with.

With that said I liked the Brandon Weeden pick, but like most everyone else I wish it could have been later, but I guess I wasn't so crazy after all mocking him at pick 22.

As far as value for a trade ... not much.
I would rather keep him over Wallace and the way things look ... Two QB's may not be enough to get us threw a season.

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) If McCoy is traded?

Link Copied to Clipboard