Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Yep .... stick to waffle irons.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Well someone may have just won himself a lot of votes...

And possibly lost some more...

Obama says same-sex couples should be able to marry

This issue isn't going to sway many votes.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Well someone may have just won himself a lot of votes...

And possibly lost some more...

Obama says same-sex couples should be able to marry

This issue isn't going to sway many votes.

Agreed, He'll most likely lose as many as he gains.. I don't see a big swing....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
It actually might hurt him. In states where they have such votes, other than the ultra liberal states, the votes usually go significantly against gay marriage. (and especially in swing states)

He could wind up mobilizing the religious voters even more than they might have been before.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

It actually might hurt him. In states where they have such votes, other than the ultra liberal states, the votes usually go significantly against gay marriage. (and especially in swing states)

He could wind up mobilizing the religious voters even more than they might have been before.

Could be.., dunno. Guess we are going to find out next November right..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

It actually might hurt him.

Hope so!

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:

It's going to energize the young voters. Many young voters feel like the guy hasn't stood up for much of anything. They see this as him growing a backbone. That's the part of the electorate that probably wasn't going to be voting and he probably just got them energized again.

PDR #692592 05/12/12 10:35 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

What about the sanctity of the Sabbath? I mean, that's one of the big ones, the top ten. Should we make laws banning working on Sundays?

Just for the record. There is a lot of reasons a Christian believes gays should not get married and I am not going to go into one single reason as you would never understand. There is one thing I just can't stand is when someone tries to quote scripture when they clearly don't understand it. I have said this before and I am going to say it again.

The SABBATH is a Jewish day. Not a Christian day. The Sabbath was Saturday not Sunday. We are under the New Testament not the Old Testament. If you gonna quote scripture please be sure what you are speaking about and for the record the New Testament speaks against homosexuality. It doesn't matter the amount of times just the fact that it says it.

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

We are under the New Testament not the Old Testament. If you gonna quote scripture please be sure what you are speaking about and for the record the New Testament speaks against homosexuality. It doesn't matter the amount of times just the fact that it says it.

I am curious, what denomination of Christianity are you?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

We are under the New Testament not the Old Testament. If you gonna quote scripture please be sure what you are speaking about and for the record the New Testament speaks against homosexuality. It doesn't matter the amount of times just the fact that it says it.

can I ask why before I answer because if you disagree with what I just said than you are Jewish. Which I am not cutting on in anyway. Its just fact. The New Testament is the Christian Testament.

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

can I ask why before I answer because if you disagree with what I just said than you are Jewish. Which I am not cutting on in anyway. Its just fact. The New Testament is the Christian Testament.

I am not jewish if that is what you wish to know.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

It's going to energize the young voters. Many young voters feel like the guy hasn't stood up for much of anything. They see this as him growing a backbone. That's the part of the electorate that probably wasn't going to be voting and he probably just got them energized again.

I don't know many young people who feel that gay marriage is their main voting issue.

I bet that most care about the fact that they can't find jobs, and see that as the more important issue.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know many young people who feel that gay marriage is their main voting issue.

I bet that most care about the fact that they can't find jobs, and see that as the more important issue.

Education and college is a bigger deal too

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am not jewish if that is what you wish to know.

I'm not wanting to know anything. I never figured that you were. It was just when you ask me what denomination of Christianity that I was it almost sound like you didn't agree with my statement about the Sabbath which people alway have to throw in a Christians face. Why don't you keep the Sabbath if you're a Christian!? It just drives me crazy. That they will throw this in your face and they don't even know the Sabbath is no longer to be observed. Unless you are Jewish meaning they're not a Christian.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I didn't know that the Ten Commandments went out the window with the New Testament.

Either way, it still doesn't change the fact that the rules and the teachings of the Bible are cherrypicked and taken arbitrarily by it's followers. There is a great deal of nonsense in the New Testament that's ignored, and no one's looking to make it the law of the land.

Combine that with the fact that it's an ancient piece of fiction, and it's easy to see why religion of any kind has no place in determining law.

PDR #692600 05/13/12 05:12 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I didn't know that the Ten Commandments went out the window with the New Testament.

Either way, it still doesn't change the fact that the rules and the teachings of the Bible are cherrypicked and taken arbitrarily by it's followers. There is a great deal of nonsense in the New Testament that's ignored, and no one's looking to make it the law of the land.

Combine that with the fact that it's an ancient piece of fiction, and it's easy to see why religion of any kind has no place in determining law.

Atheist view. Why do Atheists like to claim the bible is fiction. Its called faith. Either you believe it or you don't. The next statement I make isn't the reason I believe the way I do but "one of us is wrong" in our belief in God. If it's me I'm not to worried about the consequences!

PDR #692601 05/13/12 05:21 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Also this just strengthen my point. With you being an atheist (basing this on you calling the bible fiction ) why do people like you feel the need to quote scripture trying to catch a Christian not following the bible.

And for the record I don't cherrypick any part of the bible. I follow the bible to the best of my abilities. Yes as literally as possible. If this is wrong I don't want to be right.

Legend
Legend
Separation of Church and State.

Without Religion there is no argument against Gay Marriage.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:

With you being an atheist (basing this on you calling the bible fiction ) why do people like you feel the need to quote scripture trying to catch a Christian not following the bible.

Not speaking for Phil here...

I know many who do because they used to follow Christianity. They found many verses troubling or making no sense as to what was being preached. Many atheists used to be Christians who couldn't cope with different denominations picking and choosing what they wanted to follow.

In the end it is just a matter of faith. Faith isn't enough for those who prefer proof, reason, and validity. Especially considering when it was a matter of faith that the Earth used to be the center of the universe.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Separation of Church and State.

Without Religion there is no argument against Gay Marriage.

No you mean separation of Church and everything else !
Besides. use to be it didn't matter whether you were a Christian or not it mattered to people about things such as Homosexuality. Not saying we should stone or kill gays. just saying it use to matter to people that these kind of things happened. regardless of who you are you can't argue it's not natural.

Legend
Legend
Thanks for proving my point.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
One more thing: The reason it matters to Christians about Homosexuality is because it goes against what the bible teaches. How can we be expected to support what we don't believe in. Just like I don't support adultery or divorce or drunkenness or anything else the bible speaks against.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Thanks for proving my point.

I'm Sorry. what point would that be. that I think I'm better than someone else.

Legend
Legend
So it's ok for other people to live their lives the way YOU want, as long as you don't have to?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

So it's ok for other people to live their lives the way YOU want, as long as you don't have to?

No I'm saying I will not support a lifestyle that I find wrong. Doesn't mean I'm going to do anything to harm anyone. I'm not going to go gay bashing. I would never make fun of or harass or protest against homosexuality but I will never support it. This is not hard to understand.

Legend
Legend
Who's asking you to support anything?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Who's asking you to support anything?

I'm sorry. The title of this thread

Legend
Legend
Please explain to me. As logically as you can. How two people on the other side of the country getting married effects YOUR LIFE.

Because it doesn't.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Please explain to me. As logically as you can. How two people on the other side of the country getting married effects YOUR LIFE.

Because it doesn't.

I told u it goes against what I believe. When it goes to vote I will vote against it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Because it doesn't.

I told u it goes against what I believe. When it goes to vote I will vote against it.

Do you believe our government should be ruled by religious beliefs?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Because it doesn't.

Our government was found on religious beliefs. In God we trust. I wish this country would get back to the morals it had when it was founded.
Pledge allegiance. One nation under God. Are you kidding me?

Legend
Legend
Should we kick out everyone who doesn't feel/think the same way as you then?

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:

Our government was found on religious beliefs. In God we trust. I wish this country would get back to the morals it had when it was founded.

Our founding fathers were more so free masons than they were actual God fearing Christians. A fair amount of them were atheists, too. Even Jefferson rewrote the new testament to get rid of all the mysticism of Jesus.

Their conception of God was a general creator. Not of the actual Christian God.

Quote:

The under God line wasn't added till the cold war era. It was added to unite us under a common goal which apparently opposed communism.

Last edited by RocketOptimist; 05/13/12 08:36 PM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Google it. Which I haven't done myself but am sure what you will find will support my statements

Last edited by moxdawg; 05/13/12 08:37 PM.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Stuff on our founding fathers religious beliefs.

All of the quotes, information, and other relevant tidbits are properly sourced. I did find this by google, too.

From an actual early government document:

Last edited by RocketOptimist; 05/13/12 08:40 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Because it doesn't.

Our government was founded under the right to believe what you want to. There is this thing called the first amendment. Google it.

Thank God (and yes, I believe in him) you have nothing to do with running our country.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I never said to do anything to gays or anyone for that matter that doesn't agree with my views. I said I just don't agree with that lifestyle due to the teachings of the bible and for plain and simply for the belief of it just ain't right. Which is the view I had my first 25 yrs of my life that I was not a Christian

Legend
Legend
So you're ONLY argument, is that you don't like it?

Ok.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Like our leaders do such a good job. For the record I wouldn't want anything to do with running this country

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wouldn't say they do a good job, but they don't persecute against others' religious beliefs.

What if a religion believed homosexuality was the only natural way to live? What makes your view better than theirs?

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus Marriage Equality

Link Copied to Clipboard