Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Other views can be found web page

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I wouldn't say they do a good job, but they don't persecute against others' religious beliefs.

What if a religion believed homosexuality was the only natural way to live? What makes your view better than theirs?

I don't have to give any explanation that Homosexuality is not natural. Dude you can really make some really ridiculous statements

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
What God are they speaking of? Many of them were Deists who didn't follow a specific creator from a specific religion.

Quote:

Homosexuality is not natural

The animal kingdom disagrees with you.

Last edited by RocketOptimist; 05/13/12 09:00 PM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

What God are they speaking of? Many of them were Deists who didn't follow a specific creator from a specific religion.

Quote:

yes! That makes it right cause we are no better than animals

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

It's probably because elephants don't believe in God.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's probably because elephants don't believe in God.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I wish this country would get back to the morals it had when it was founded.

Like slavery?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Thank God (and yes, I believe in him) you have nothing to do with running our country.

Same

I don't have any problem with Christianity, it's the people I have problems with.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It does make it, by definition, natural.

nat·u·ral
Adjective:
Existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind.

Quote:

I don't have to give any explanation that Homosexuality is not natural

I notice that when your logic gets backed into a corner, you just resort to 'I don't have to/won't explain myself.'

PDR #692634 05/13/12 09:34 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Like slavery?

why do you insist on putting words in my mouth

PDR #692635 05/13/12 09:35 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Like slavery?

Kicking Indians off of their own territory. Break every single treaty ever made between any tribe and the U.S. government. Give free blankets infected with smallpox. Offer bounties on every scalp, ear, or severed Native American head. Slaughter entire villages -- down to the babies -- because they happened to be potential rivals for California gold.

PDR #692636 05/13/12 09:37 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It does make it, by definition, natural.

nat·u·ral
Adjective:
Existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind.

Quote:

I don't have to give any explanation that Homosexuality is not natural

I notice that when your logic gets backed into a corner, you just resort to 'I don't have to/won't explain myself.'

No. There is no way to talk to people like you

Legend
Legend
Quote:

People who's main argument is "faith" in something are impossible to have a civil discussion with.

Not the other way around.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Quote:

This part is true, but it's not because he is atheist. It's for other reasons that we are probably not allowed to say on this site.

Just to clear any confusion, I do not support the idea of being gay. I am christian and not afraid to admit it. Gay marriage just doesn't bother me.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like slavery?

Asking a question isn't putting words in one's mouth.

PDR #692640 05/13/12 10:54 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like slavery?

when was we talking about slavery?

Last edited by moxdawg; 05/13/12 10:55 PM.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

This part is true, but it's not because he is atheist. It's for other reasons that we are probably not allowed to say on this site.

Just to clear any confusion, I do not support the idea of being gay. I am christian and not afraid to admit it. Gay marriage just doesn't bother me.

And I am not on here to try and start anything. I'm not saying I lose sleep at night because of gay marriage. It's just my opinion based partly on the bible. But Bible aside,there is no way someone can make an argument that Homosexuality is natural based on the fact animals do it. Like we should compare ourselves with animals.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like slavery?

You said you wished the country would get back to the morals it had when it was founded.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And I am not on here to try and start anything. I'm not saying I lose sleep at night because of gay marriage. It's just my opinion based partly on the bible. But Bible aside,there is no way someone can make an argument that Homosexuality is natural based on the fact animals do it. Like we should compare ourselves with animals.

The fact that you so frequently mention the bible in your argument solidifies my opinion that gay marriage should be legalized.

PDR #692644 05/13/12 11:13 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like slavery?

You said you wished the country would get back to the morals it had when it was founded.

That doesn't mean slavery

Legend
Legend
Do you understand how ridiculous that is?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

alright. What are we talking about now.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You know what else isn't natural? Computers, Cars, Cities, Toilets, Modern Showers, Plumbing, Cell Phones... Are you going to renounce the world you live in because it's not natural? Are you going to be in disgust of everything you use in your everyday life because it isn't natural?

Also we are animals too, we all come from the same carbon based genetic make-up. We share 50% of the same DNA that is found in a Banana. We share like 99% of the same DNA as a Chimpanzee. Wouldn't it be logical that given that we share some of the same genetic components that is found in other animals... that we would also share some of the same traits?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

You deciding which morals you want to pick and choose to bring back..

N
Legend
Legend
N
j/c

this thread is just another example of why political discussions are rarely civil.

moxdawg merely stated that he was opposed to gay marriage for religious reasons and that he would vote against it if he was given the choice of a vote. he also stated that he wouldn't do anything outside of that vote against it.

that sounds reasonable to me. it's his vote, he gets to do with it what he wants. yet, what follows are the typical dog-piling responses.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
And that's the point.

People that use the the Bible, or their Faith in their Religion don't "need" to explain themselves...

The thing is, Gay Marriage SHOULD BE a political discussion... But the only people opposing it are people with Religious reasons...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You deciding which morals you want to pick and choose to bring back..

you know what I made a mistake in deciding, doing what I said I wasnt going to do in my very first post on this topic. Explain my opinion. There is no way to explain faith with Atheists and Liberals.

It's been interesting. Im done. Go ahead and slam me with your animal kingdom philosophy. Just commenting by the way to everyone that I have had the pleasure of speaking with not you indirectly

N
Legend
Legend
N
I would kindly point out that whether you like it or not, religion has a very big part in political discussions. Religious beliefs help formulate people's viewpoints and those do count. Separation of church & state is meant to not 'teach' any religion through the state. The viewpoints from the church that formulate the minds of the constituents do, always have, and always will have a place in politcal banter.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

j/c

this thread is just another example of why political discussions are rarely civil.

moxdawg merely stated that he was opposed to gay marriage for religious reasons and that he would vote against it if he was given the choice of a vote. he also stated that he wouldn't do anything outside of that vote against it.

that sounds reasonable to me. it's his vote, he gets to do with it what he wants. yet, what follows are the typical dog-piling responses.

THANK YOU!!

Legend
Legend
Yep, It's pretty hard to explain things that there is no proof of. I agree.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like slavery?

That doesn't mean slavery

It actually does.

You said you wanted to go back to those morals. Those morals included the idea that slavery was just.

Not to mention that you said you follow the Bible as literally as possible, and both Old and New Testaments considered the institution of slavery to be acceptable.

So I think it's a very pertinent question to ask.

Legend
Legend
I hate dog piling on mox because I feel we share the same religious beliefs. I just disagree with this from a political and personal perspective.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I hate dog piling on mox because I feel we share the same religious beliefs. I just disagree with this from a political and personal perspective.

I actually disagree with moxdawg on this issue. I just found the response to him to be a bit crass overall when his initial posts on his opinion were quite reasonable.

My thought currently is that it is an element of free will, which is an essential portion of any religion (w/o free will there is no morality). Whatever your feelings on the matter, it is going to happen. Therefore, the free will matter has already been divested and God will sort out the morality of it later.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I woudl also add that the whole purpose of the Constitution allowing free exercise of religion, and so on was to ensure that those who came to America to practice their religions would be able to do so freely. Many, if not most of those who came to America did so because of religious persecution in England. England had "The Church of England", of which the King was the head. This is what the founders wished to avoid ..... not free expression of religious beliefs in public.

I look back at how cities and states were set up back in the days of the founders, and many were based around a particular religion. Whole communities were made up of members of a single religion. Local governments had laws based on the predominant religion.

Did the founders fight these communities based on their beliefs that the Constitution forbade such things? Not that I know of.

The whole purpose of protecting religion, and religious expression, is that people get to decide for themselves, and are not forced into a nationalized religion. This absolutely does not mean that people, even those in government, cannot express their religious beliefs.

I find it ironic that the Supreme Court opens its sessions with a prayer. They forbid others to do so ..... they uphold cases forbidding others from saying a prayer in a public arena ..... yet they do exactly what they forbid others to do.

Anyway ..... more than anything else, the whole debate over gay marriage really is a morality issue, and what people, and communities see as moral, and what they see as immoral. Communities and states decide what they accept as moral and acceptable behavior, and what they do not. Communities can even make secular laws which can allow for behavior that certain religion, and maybe even members of the community, find reprehensible, but which can allow for the behavior without condoning it. That really is the whole argument in the case of gay "marriage". I, and others, accept the right of gay couples to live their lives as they choose, to love who they choose, and to even join together in a legal institution ....... but not to change the meaning of the word marriage in order to apply it to such a joining. Marriage has a special and sacred meaning to me. I can accept the rights of gay people to join together, but not in the institution of marriage, simply because there is a religious connotation to the word, and because the institution itself has never been used to create such unions at any time in the history of the world. (except very recently). In many ways, I think that becomes the whole argument becomes a desire to rub peoples' noses in it by taking the word marriage, or to somehow artificially gain acceptance by taking the word to mean something it has never meant before, instead of integrating into the legal side of society without trying to shoehorn something that religions find immoral and unacceptable into what is seen as an inherently religious institution.

I do not see gay unions as marriage, because they cannot be marriage under a wide range of historical, religious, and traditional meanings of the word. Including gay unions as marriage changes the very meaning of the word ...... so I really don't see why a gay person would want to do that anyway. There are literally billions and billions of things that gay couples can call their unions. IMHO, marriage should be the one they do not use. If gay people want to find acceptance in the world, they should not do so by trying to take away what people see as a holy institution for themselves, but rather by appealing to the issue of fairness for all, and the right to unite in a legal arrangement that allows for all of the rights and privileges that marriage conveys upon everyone else. I honestly believe that the main reason that so many states have passed (and in many cases, horribly written) constitutional issues against gay marriage is because of this. Offer up a law allowing for civilly and legally accepted unions with the same rights, responsibilities, and privledges as marriage, and I think that it could have passed many states. Say that marriage should be changed to include gay marriage, and it's doomed.

Someone once said that politics is the art of the possible. In most states, gay marriage is not possible. However, gay unions or such just night be. This is never pursued though, and in many states, now it can't even be pursued without first changing the Constitution.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

and it's impossible to prove that god does not exist, yet you act like it's a fact that he doesn't

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Last edited by TopDawg16; 05/14/12 10:34 AM.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

It's going to energize the young voters. Many young voters feel like the guy hasn't stood up for much of anything. They see this as him growing a backbone. That's the part of the electorate that probably wasn't going to be voting and he probably just got them energized again.

Until he says what he plans to do about it... it is about the same as him saying he likes chocolate cake or iPhones or Mary J Blige... A lot of people like those things and it is neat to know the President likes them too... In the end, what he plans to do about it is all that really matters... and on that he hasn't said anything yet.

yebat' Putin
N
Legend
Legend
N
obviously, he is going to give an iPhone to every American that includes Mary J Blige's entire collection already on it and a free coupon for chocolate lava cake on it as well that can be scanned at your friendly neighborhood Applebee's. oh, and don't worry about the cost because the plan will not be enacted until 2016 and by then it'll be budget nuetral. promise.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

obviously, he is going to give an iPhone to every American that includes Mary J Blige's entire collection already on it and a free coupon for chocolate lava cake on it as well that can be scanned at your friendly neighborhood Applebee's. oh, and don't worry about the cost because the plan will not be enacted until 2016 and by then it'll be budget nuetral. promise.

I'd laugh if that wasn't so true in so many ways .........

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

and it's impossible to prove that god does not exist, yet you act like it's a fact that he doesn't

I'm not the one basing my arguments on weather or not he/she/it does exist.

I'm not an athiest, I don't think there is no god... I just don't care if there is or isn't.. I don't rely on it.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus Marriage Equality

Link Copied to Clipboard