Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
Posted by Josh Alper on May 10, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/10/daquan-bowers-tears-his-achilles-tendon/

The Buccaneers have lost a key member of their starting defense.

The team announced Thursday that defensive end Da’Quan Bowers tore one of his Achilles tendons in the team’s offseason workout program. He is expected to have surgery on the injury Friday. We don’t yet know if it was a full or partial tear so the timetable for his return is still unknown, but neither outcome makes this a good piece of news.

Bowers got off to a slow start as a rookie coming off of microfracture surgery on his knee, but he picked up his play a considerable amount as the year progressed. With Adrian Clayborn on the other side of the line, the Bucs felt good about their young ends and their potential moving forward. Now Bowers has suffered another serious injury and the team will have to wait to find out what kind of impact it has on his performance.

Michael Bennett will likely step into Bowers’ starting role, which has its pros and cons. The pro is that Bennett played well for them last season and is still on the upswing of his career. The con is that the team is now tissue paper thin at defensive end and they will have to kick the tires on free agents while scanning the waiver wire for help up front this season.

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dude just can't catch a break...

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Dude just can't catch a break...

he was one of my breakout candidates this year. he played well down the stretch when the rest of TB was quitting.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Heckert took a lot of heat for passing on Bowers and selecting Sheard.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

not how I remember it. I was one of the bigger Bowers proponents on the board, but even I was scared off by how the little stuff about his microfracture surgery was going slow on recovery. add in that we needed a DE to start right away and it was just a bad fit.

really, only Tubby was pounding on Bowers right before the pick and it seemed to be overall met with satisfaction after:
https://www.dawgtalkers.net/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/810601/page/0/fpart/2/vc/1

i'm sure there were also people that complained about Bowers in other threads, etc. but, the initial reaction seemed to be good.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It wasn't the browns board but rather the national media that were crying over Sheard before Bowers.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

It wasn't the browns board but rather the national media that were crying over Sheard before Bowers.

ok, fair enough.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Just for the record...

I saw the Phil Taylor Injured thread, THEN saw this one and thought it said "D'Qwell Jackson tears his Achilles tendon"

Almost had a heart attack...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
B
Legend
Legend
B
These guys are like piano strings, wound to the point of breaking.

I still say a Yoga coach would pay big dividends.

These goofball strength coaches jack these guys up, but they have zero mobility in their limbs. When is someone going to understand mobility is as important as strength??

If yoga seems sissy to the players, make them all take Judo....that will make you stretch.

There is no excuse for torn muscles when you are 24-25 years old. Come on!!!

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
huge bummer. gotta feel bad for the guy.

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Walter Peyton credited taking ballet for his amazing agility and uncanny knack for his amazing center of gravity.
If I recall, Barry Sanders was a ballet guy too.
I always wondered why more pro athletes didn't try ballet more often.

Legend
Legend
Yeah .... I would take ballet, yoga, karate, and anything else that would help with flexibility, balance, and concentration of power if it were me.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Walter Peyton credited taking ballet for his amazing agility and uncanny knack for his amazing center of gravity.

So was Herchel Walker...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

So was Herchel Walker...

well, one of Herschel Walker's personalities

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yep, hate to give credit but didn't LeBron say that he did yoga a few days a week?

And if any of them think its for sissys, I want to see them try it...

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'll be honest, I thought Yoga was, by far, the hardest workout to do on P90X.

However, I always felt like gumby when I was done.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

not how I remember it. I was one of the bigger Bowers proponents on the board, but even I was scared off by how the little stuff about his microfracture surgery was going slow on recovery. add in that we needed a DE to start right away and it was just a bad fit.

really, only Tubby was pounding on Bowers right before the pick and it seemed to be overall met with satisfaction after:
https://www.dawgtalkers.net/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/810601/page/0/fpart/2/vc/1

i'm sure there were also people that complained about Bowers in other threads, etc. but, the initial reaction seemed to be good.

Yes it is true I wanted us to take Bowers, but it seems he is another courtney brown.....thats too bad cause the kid had talent. But I am more than happy with the way Sheard turned out, and wont be afraid to admit I was wrong about not only Bowers, but Taylor as well.

#brownsgoodkarma
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Da’Quan Bowers tears his Achilles tendon

Link Copied to Clipboard