Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

anybody hear anything about 'Peen's guy William Green at OTAs? Or was Turk right and Heckert was just trolling us?

Did I pimp a William Green?? LOL....If I did, I've slept since then. What position does he play?? Or are you talking about the yesteryear William Green?? I'll admit I thought he was going to be better than he was, but I don't really remember pimping the guy. I am getting old, give me a reminder....and I offer no apology, it's just the way it works. Your day is on the way.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
William Green, DE, Florida

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

William Green, DE, Florida

Shoot, did I pimp him....I am a Gator and barely remember him. He rarely played.

I guess the bottom line is this.....I don't follow it all that closely anymore, at least in so far as the who.

Just win.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Nah, you never mentioned him. I just default all gators to you like I do bulldogs to Turk. Mostly I was just curious if anyone had heard anything about how he did... Or any of the UDFAs, really.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Got ya....fair enough.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Looks like today is the only day the media will be at OTAs again.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cleveland Browns QB Brandon Weeden takes first snaps in team drills
Published: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 11:54 AM Updated: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 12:06 PM
Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer
Follow
Share Email Print
weeden-livingston-may26.jpgJohn Kuntz, The Plain DealerRookie quarterback Brandon Weeden took the first snaps with the first team in drills today at Browns camp in Berea.

BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden took the first snaps in team drills today at OTAs, a departure from last week when Colt McCoy went first.

The Browns have said they fully expect Weeden to be their starting quarterback this season, but that he must earn the job.

McCoy, the starter for most of the last two seasons, has said that all he wants is a fair chance in the competition.

Two other top draft picks who cracked the first-team lineup Wednesday were running back Trent Richardson and right tackle Mitchell Schwartz. web page

Legend
Legend
just heard this on NFL network and that Shurmur is telling the Media that Weeden and Colt will alternate as OTA's go on.. so don't take it for much.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Swartz taking first team reps was bigger news as is Hagg still taking first team reps over Young (great news btw).

Legend
Legend
Colt was first in 2 min drills.. two passes were batted down by Sheard and Rubin..

Weedens turn in 2 min drill and he throws an INT to Trevin Wade..

from Link

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Colt was first in 2 min drills.. two passes were batted down by Sheard and Rubin..

from Link

so, Colt is winning 3-0 or was the FG botched?

this is how the coaches determine the starter, right?

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

from Link

Yeah, but the ball slipped off of Richardson's extra jersey number. No biggie . . .

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Heckert appears to have an eye for talent in the secondary. Hopefully his eye for QB's is pretty good too.

Last edited by Mourgrym; 05/30/12 01:51 PM.
Legend
Legend
Here is an exact report from cbssports:

Quote:

McCoy struggles during Wednesday's OTA
by Marty Gitlin, CBSSports.com

QB Colt McCoy had successive passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage by DL Jabaal Sheard and Ahtyba Rubin during Wednesday's OTA. McCoy has missed badly on several other passes and has shown frustration by slapping his leg.

here's one on Skrine too:

Quote:

CB Skrine impressive during Wednesday's OTA

Second-year CB Buster Skrine blanketed his WR on six consecutive plays during Wednesday's OTA. Don't be surprised if he challenges for significant playing time at nickelback.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Heckert appears to have an eye for talent in the secondary.

they are guarding our WR corps

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
T here is another report out there that Weeden got picked off by our 7th pick.. wade I think his name is.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Here is an exact report from cbssports:

Quote:

McCoy struggles during Wednesday's OTA

QB Colt McCoy had successive passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage by DL Jabaal Sheard and Ahtyba Rubin during Wednesday's OTA. McCoy has missed badly on several other passes and has shown frustration by slapping his leg.

here's one on Skrine too:

Quote:

CB Skrine impressive during Wednesday's OTA

Second-year CB Buster Skrine blanketed his WR on six consecutive plays during Wednesday's OTA. Don't be surprised if he challenges for significant playing time at nickelback.

Newsflash: The undersized and inaccurate McCoy has balls batted down and misses his target.

Newsflash #2: Skrine looks great...then again...all our DB's look great with the QB's we march out there every year in camp...

Now that I've had my daily energy drink and double-shot of sarcasm, my day can officially begin...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Newsflash #2: Skrine looks great...then again...all our DB's look great with the WR's we march out there every year in camp...

Fixed it for you.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
MK Cabot is saying Little has lost about 11 lbs and is running crisper routes....

Look under her twitter account on www.cleveland.com

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
did anyone get on the chat with Grossi and Will Burge on espncleveland.com?

I asked a few questions.. they answered them all..

To sum it up though.. its too early to tell how good anyone will be at this point in the season.

Legend
Legend
a few PRESSERS are up!

Legend
Legend
OTA Observations: 5-30-12
May 30, 2012 -- 2:27pm
By: Will Burge

As the QB rotation turns… - Last week it was Colt McCoy who took snaps with the first team offense and this week it is the rookie’s turn. Brandon Weeden led the offense in 11 on 11 drills throughout practice. Weeden still threw a very good ball even though he admitted after practice that he was throwing to a new group of guys.

Both Pat Shurmur and Brandon Weeden said working with the first team does not mean all that much. Shurmur said that everyone got similar amounts of reps and Weeden said the only thing it means is that he has to learn to throw to more players.

Weeden and McCoy struggling – It certainly was not the Browns best practice of the off-season. The wide receivers had a rough day and so did the quarterbacks. (great.) Colt McCoy really had a tough time in 7 on 7s and was visibly frustrated. He nearly threw an interception down the seam on an awful pass. He threw a slant that was at the receiver’s feet. He also threw an out route to Travis Benjamin which was 4 yards behind him. McCoy reacted angrily after each bad pass. One time he punched the air and another time he hit himself in the thigh.

Brandon Weeden was not perfect either. When it came time for “2 minute” drills, he was with the 2nd team offense and did not look good. He led Travis Benjamin too far on an out route for an easy first down. He was also picked off by Trevin Wade on a deep ball to Benjamin on 3rd and 5. McCoy did not fare much better in “2 minute” drills. He had a four play sequence where he threw two passes for less than three yards and then followed that up with two passes that were batted down at the line of scrimmage.

Your angry Cousins – Oniel Cousins will be one of the first back-up offensive lineman on the roster. He spent time in the starting right tackle position last year and seems to have improved his body in the off-season. He also has quite a little mean streak. Cousins got mixed up in a shoving match with Kaluka Maiava after a run play in 11 on 11s. Then, in the next set of 11 on 11s, he and defensive lineman Brian Sanford ended up rolling around on the ground after the whistle. Just another day in the life of a lineman.

Bueller… Bueller… - Linebacker Scott Fujita was not at practice. He is most likely in Philadelphia where an arbitrator is listening to the grievances filed by the NFLPA over the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal. Also not practicing was Brian Schaefering. Every day that passes is another day that he cannot prove that he should make the roster.

Tight end Ben Watson was not present at the start of practice but ran onto the field about 15 minutes late and went right into first team drills.

The Browns also made a roster move today, releasing undrafted rookie defensive back Mike Allen. They did not add anyone yet so the roster currently sits at 89 players.

http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=1190

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Last week it was Colt McCoy who took snaps with the first team offense and this week it is the rookie’s turn. Brandon Weeden led the offense in 11 on 11 drills throughout practice.

Quote:

Weeden ... struggling

Quote:

Brandon Weeden was not perfect either. When it came time for “2 minute” drills, he was with the 2nd team offense and did not look good.

What?!!! Demoted already?!!

lol, look... I could write for the Plain Dealer.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Weeden said that they just started putting in the 2 minute stuff today, and that he isn't as comfortable with it as he wants to be.

On the bright side, I read that Hagg is still looking good at S, and that Benard looks like a new (and monstrously fast) man at DE.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

did anyone get on the chat with Grossi and Will Burge on espncleveland.com?

I asked a few questions.. they answered them all..

To sum it up though.. its too early to tell how good anyone will be at this point in the season.

I didn't get on that chat. missed it. But it shouldn't come as any suprise that it's too early to tell much. I mean that cut that one kid today so they obviously thought he wasn't gonna make it but other than that., ?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Benard looks like a new (and monstrously fast) man at DE.

if this was baseball, then people would be harumphing how a guy could change so much over the offseason

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
if Colt McCoy is struggling 7 on 7's in shorts and a helmet,how is he gonna fare when he gets his reps in the preseason games?
His confidence has obviously gone to hell now. Once you lose your edge mentally as a player,you don't belong on the field
he knows he has very very room for error when the real deal starts.
I really don't see the reason why they are keeping him around.
Its Weedens offense now.
Trade McCoy for 7th Rder and bring in McNabb or AJ Feely as someone who can help Weeden with Childress's WCO.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Benard looks like a new (and monstrously fast) man at DE.

if this was baseball, then people would be harumphing how a guy could change so much over the offseason

Yeah, except that being freakishly fast was what got Benard on the field to start with under Mangini.

Now he's back down to 260 instead of the 285 or so he was up to last year at the start of camp.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Quote:

His confidence has obviously gone to hell now. Once you lose your edge mentally as a player,you don't belong on the field

Are we really going to evaluate ANYONE in non contact OTA's?

Thats an amazing crystal ball you have there....

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Are we really going to evaluate ANYONE in non contact OTA's?

Thats an amazing crystal ball you have there....

It's obvious that Colt knows it's about to be Weeden's show.. There is a report today that said he missed on a few passes and punched the air and then his thigh on another pass.

If its just OTA's.. why would he be so hard on himself?

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
if McCoy can't make simple throws or reads under no duress now,whats he gonna do when Suh of the Lions or Stephen Tulloch is in his face in August?
all accounts I read has Weeden basically blowing McCoy out of the water in something so simple as a 7 on 7 in shorts/helmet

Legend
Legend
Because there was a tick on his leg; it fell out of a tree. He tried to punch it on the way down.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
They just put the 2 minute in today.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

if McCoy can't make simple throws or reads under no duress now,whats he gonna do when Suh of the Lions or Stephen Tulloch is in his face in August?
all accounts I read has Weeden basically blowing McCoy out of the water in something so simple as a 7 on 7 in shorts/helmet

Where are these accounts you speak of? The ones you made up in your head? Because what I read was that BOTH QBs struggled. Weeden even threw a pick.
Please post the accounts of Weeden "blowing Colt out of the water."

I'm sure everyone would like to read them too. Oh wait. They don't exist. Put your Colt hatred aside and stick to the facts. Your anti Colt ranting is making you look silly.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kendall is Colt's biggest fan, so he isn't anti Colt and he is right. If Colt is looking like total garbage dump him for what you can. Honestly, I wonder if that injury he suffered in college isn't coming back on him.

Go back to last season, he played his best early on when he had virtually no pass protection and the run game was shot. Run game improved, pass protection improved and Colt's passes became more erratic and his arm appeared to get weaker and weaker.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Listening 92.3 the Fan today. Weeden is making mistakes but he still distancing himself from Colt. As the Browns beat reporter said "blowing him out of the water"

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Because there was a tick on his leg; it fell out of a tree. He tried to punch it on the way down.

Hey now..............

C
1st String
1st String
C
maybe reports with that exact phrase dont exist, but its pretty widely understood that weeden throws a much better ball than colt. his passes dont wobble and float, which is something you'll commonly read about colt. colts still getting passes batted down, looks frustrated, and missing open receivers by several yards. its not like this information isn't out there.....one simply has to look.

weeden is having his struggles....and thats a good thing. thats what OTA's are for. but you cannot sit there and say that colt (or seneca for that matter) is giving weeden any real competition. farce or not, theres no conceivable way for either to be better. they simply can't throw a football like weeden can....and thats all anyone is really saying.

Last edited by choco; 05/31/12 08:32 AM.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
DA could really throw the ball too. Look where that got us. I'm not saying Weeden is DA. I'm just saying I'm not holding my breath that Weeden is the second coming. I'll wait for it to play out on the field. In the mean time I'm not going to verbally tear down other players on the team to try to build up 'my guy'. I just get sick of people verbally attacking anyone on the Browns. Colt is still a Brown. Until he isn't I'm going to root for him. Not hope for him to fail to prove my point like so many others seem to be doing.
I'm not a Colt guy. I'm not a Weeden guy. I'm a Browns fan.

[Linked Image]
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns rookie minicamp and OTAs

Link Copied to Clipboard