Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
O
web page Andy Griffith dies at 86

Updated: Tuesday, 03 Jul 2012, 10:36 AM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 03 Jul 2012, 9:37 AM EDT

Rachel West

MANTEO, N.C. (WAVY) - UNC President Bill Friday says beloved television star Andy Griffith died in North Carolina Tuesday.

Emergency medical crews responded to Griffith's home Tuesday morning, Dare County Sheriff J.D. "Doug" Doughtie told WAVY.com .

Griffith's home is located along Highway 64 in Roanoke Island.

Photos: Remembering Andy Griffith

Friday, a close friend of Griffith's confirmed his death to WITN. He said Griffith's secretary called him Tuesday morning and said Griffith passed away at 7 a.m.

Officials have not confirmed the cause of Griffith's death.

Andy Griffith, 86, was well known for his starring role on the television hit named after him, "The Andy Griffith Show", which first aired in 1960. Griffith portrayed a small-town sheriff and the show was one of the most popular series in television history.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Mayberry won't be the same without him. RIP Andy.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Legend
Legend
When I still lived at home, my parents and I would watch the Andy Griffith show all the time, especially the ones with Don Knotts.

RIP Andy.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Andy Griffith sure left an impression. The show made us want to be better. BTW Mountain Wedding episode and the loaded goat episode were my two favorites. I would not be surprised if in a 1000 years from now there will still be families sitting down and watching the Andy Griffith show together. Rest in peace Mr. Griffith, you will never be forgotten.

Legend
Legend
Funny guy,, I remember him not only for the Andy Griffith show but from some of his movies such as Onionhead and No Time for Sargents as well as the TV Series Matlock.. Oddly, Don Knotts had a recurring role on that show..

RIP Andy

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
Most folks will remember Andy Griffith for "The Andy Griffith Show", and we watched it in our house too. But I also remember Andy as a pretty good dramatic actor in a couple true crime mini-series from a ways back. In both of them, he played the grieving father consumed with exposing his son's-in-law as the killer of his daughter. One was called "Murder In Texas" and the other was "Fatal Vision". He did a great job in both. The mini-series spurred me into reading books about the two cases. "Blood an Money" by Thomas Thompson, and "Fatal Vision" by Joe MacGiniss were both good reads, if you like crime-nonfiction.

Rest in peace, Andy Griffith.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Some deaths hit a little harder than others....and this is one of the harder ones.

Andy Griffith, American Icon.

R.I.P. Andy.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
RIP Mr Griffith.

He was a part of American life for decades, from Mayberry to Matlock. He was also quite a gospel singer.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

When I still lived at home, my parents and I would watch the Andy Griffith show all the time, especially the ones with Don Knotts.

Any episode w/out Don Knotts does not exist in my dojo.

R.I.P. Mr.Griffith. Thank you so MUCH for all the pleasant memories you left w/ me & my family. Comic styling ahead of it's time and timeless as well.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
RIP Andy

Sheriff Andy Taylor taught me more about being a man than any other character in the media. He was the ultimate male role model.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Other than Opie (Ron Howard) and Gomer (Jim Nabors) I think all the original cast members are gone.Loved the Andy Griffith show and still watch it on TVLand.

I still like this episode the best.

R.I.P. Andy Griffith (Taylor)

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Some deaths hit a little harder than others....and this is one of the harder ones.

R.I.P. Andy.

Amen to that.

yebat' Putin
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
RIP Andy Griffith, it is a sad day!

[Linked Image from i96.photobucket.com]

GO BROWNS!
Legend
Legend
Luckily he left us with a lot of material so we can continue to enjoy his company in our homes.

RIP Andy - You're not replaceable!

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D

Legend
Legend
I was literally about to post that.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
D
Legend
Legend
D
You must be listening to the Hooligans on "KNR too. They just played it ...

J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:

Quote:

R.I.P. Andy.

Amen to that.

I"ll third that.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I remember watching his shows over the years. He will be missed. Now I have to ask....Where, When & Why have we stopped making shows like this? I can't stand TV anymore...have not watched it in years. I like movies and things like that but...not TV shows. Have any of you watched TV lately? When my kids watch it, all I hear is...Bleep, beep boooooot. between , Well.....I....you. I ask 'em, what are you watching? Oh, Dad, they say, you would not like it. I say no kidding these people can't even talk a full sentence. It is a truely sad time We need more Andy's around for our kids.

RIP Andy

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree. More Andy and "I Love Lucy" would go a long way towards fixing our problems.

It is what it is.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
How many times have people said to you, that's not real, or that's not how the world is, you have to raise your kids to be tough like the world. You know what I have learned over all these years? Your World is what you make it to be. If you want to be Vulgar and tough and mean and be a real jerk, then you'll live like that. If you want to be like Andy and be nice and caring, then you'll live like that also. It's up to you. I was raised in a bar until my 20's and I've seen just about every excuse for a human being that you can see. That's how I know. It's a choice. You can live like a barfly or you can live a decent life. Yes, the World can be hard and tough and mean, but that does not mean that you have to live that way.

Rant off

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
B
Legend
Legend
B
No doubt. However, things can influence the way people think, and what we watch on TV is one of those influential things.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
RIP. The Andy Griffith show had a profound effect on my life (in a very good way).

[Linked Image]

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Andy Griffith dead at age 86

Link Copied to Clipboard