Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c

I'm not sure what colt was supposed to say. Something like "Oh, I knew as soon as we drafted Weeden that it was me and seneca looking for backup, and I'm damn excited to be the backup, especially since I knew the starters job was Weedens when we drafted him." ???

Know what - the same people that are currently all down on colt and want him traded, yesterday..........would be all over a statement like that, too. It would be all "see, the guy rolled over. Not a competitive bone in his body.....all he wants is the check for being a backup. We need to trade or release him, instantly. Poor little cry baby doesn't even want to compete for the starting job.".......etc, etc, etc.

D
Legend
Legend
D
He was supposed to smile and say "Aw shucks, Mary Kay, I'm proud as punch just to be a part of this great franchise, and if the Good Lord's plan for me is to carry a clipboard and wear a ballcap then, dad-gummit, I'm gonna be the best durn clipboard carrier in the history of the NFL!".

That's what he was supposed to say ... dadgummit.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

All of this negativity focused toward Colt McCoy is a result of some folks lack of confidence in Weeden's abilities.

It has nothing to do with Weeden and his abilities. It is about a spoiled brat that cries whenever he doesnt get his way. QB is your leader. He has to be the most mentality tough individual on the whole team and if he isn't he better be able to fake it.

I don't worry about what Colt's crying will do to Weeden but I do worry about his influence with the young receivers like Benjamin, Gordon and Little.

What crying?

The only ones crying are those who for whatever reason want to see him gone.

He is being crucified by fans a media alike for no good apparent reason (sound familiar?) other then, those who find pleasure in some elses misfortunes.

I give Colt credit for even speaking to the media after what's been fabricated by them and fans alike.

I already knew that the HU-Man race was going down the crapper, but my fellow man never seems to surprise me with less the HU-Man actions.

I think when people say Colts cryin it's because of something he said yesterday when asked about Weeden being named Starter. He made reference to how he hadn't gotten much work with the ones and so it didn't exactly appear to be a competition (I'm paraphrasing here)

None of that is untrue., Weeden got most of the reps with the ones, and therefore it's safe to say there really was no competition

Now, if calling things as they are is cryin,,, then that's what he was doing.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think when people say Colts cryin it's because of something he said yesterday when asked about Weeden being named Starter. He made reference to how he hadn't gotten much work with the ones and so it didn't exactly appear to be a competition (I'm paraphrasing here)

None of that is untrue., Weeden got most of the reps with the ones, and therefore it's safe to say there really was no competition

Well said.. he wasn't really complaining at all.. and people saying he was crying or whining are just unreal... he seemed upset because he was promised a competition and felt that no real competition existed...

Now the same people who always say the front office should be straight forward and honest with players are now blaming McCoy for being a little upset.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

He was supposed to smile and say "Aw shucks, Mary Kay, I'm proud as punch just to be a part of this great franchise...

What do I have to do with this?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

j/c

I'm not sure what colt was supposed to say. Something like "Oh, I knew as soon as we drafted Weeden that it was me and seneca looking for backup, and I'm damn excited to be the backup, especially since I knew the starters job was Weedens when we drafted him." ???

Know what - the same people that are currently all down on colt and want him traded, yesterday..........would be all over a statement like that, too. It would be all "see, the guy rolled over. Not a competitive bone in his body.....all he wants is the check for being a backup. We need to trade or release him, instantly. Poor little cry baby doesn't even want to compete for the starting job.".......etc, etc, etc.

Yeah, only in football do we interview the loser and get our panties in a wad if he doesn't sound happy.

NTU, but
How do you think a nasecar driver feels after losing a race.

Some people are just so unreal.

I call it the kick'em when their down syndrome. It makes people feel better about themselves and their lives, never mind that it's at the expense of someones misfortunes.

Like I said I give him credit for even speaking to the media after the announcement that we have 'all' known was coming for months anyway.

You think that he wasn't aware that he would be asked the dumb questions he was asked? He knew that no good could come for it, yet he maned up and made himself available just the same.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Well said.. he wasn't really complaining at all.. and people saying he was crying or whining are just unreal... he seemed upset because he was promised a competition and felt that no real competition existed...

Now the same people who always say the front office should be straight forward and honest with players are now blaming McCoy for being a little upset.

Same thing happened when Seneca was brought in, and he got the same reaction from the posters. Really shouldn't be a surprised, IMO.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Well some of us get it. You obviously get it too.

I have no agenda here other then to see the best players we can take to a game and have on this team.

I would hate to see us get rid of a better QB, because of silly nonsense.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yeah, only in football do we interview the loser and get our panties in a wad if he doesn't sound happy.

Not exactly, if the Browns lose and then have a laugh on the field with a friend from another team they are also demonized for not caring... evidently they are supposed to sulk home, smack the wife and kick the dog all week until they play again...

Colt was demoted for the first time in his life. I remember the first time I was fired from a job, I felt like crap for a while and tried to figure out what I did wrong, what I could have done differently... it took me a short while to get my feet under me. Colt is what, 27? And he just got demoted in a very public way... give the kid a chance to adjust and figure it out, if he doesn't, let him go... I happen to think he will. This whole notion that a guy is suppose to know exactly how and when to turn his emotions on and off and that it should be instinctive for a 27 year old guy is just amazing to me.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Well see DC,, here's the deal, some on here believe that Colt has a delicate mental state to go along with his weak arm and inability to do anything right without support from teammates and that the front office didn't want to hurt his feelings so they promised him a competition but in the back room, they all sat around and laughed and snickered that they just put one over on him.

I have no doubt there are at least two people on this board that believe that's true

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Not exactly, if the Browns lose and then have a laugh on the field with a friend from another team they are also demonized for not caring... evidently they are supposed to sulk home, smack the wife and kick the dog all week until they play again...

Colt was demoted for the first time in his life. I remember the first time I was fired from a job, I felt like crap for a while and tried to figure out what I did wrong, what I could have done differently... it took me a short while to get my feet under me. Colt is what, 27? And he just got demoted in a very public way... give the kid a chance to adjust and figure it out, if he doesn't, let him go... I happen to think he will. This whole notion that a guy is suppose to know exactly how and when to turn his emotions on and off and that it should be instinctive for a 27 year old guy is just amazing to me.

Not that it makes a whole bunch of difference, but he is only 25.

Like anyone we need time to work threw our disappointments.

Right now I think that Colt needs to stay clear of the Media (they brought that on themselves) and just go about his business and control what he can control and not worry about what he can not.

I don't think that he has done anything other then that throughout this training camp.

Believe it or not he has been and is still in competition for the backup QB position.

In a sense he has been in competition even if it wasn't for the starting QB position, then many others on this team are in the same boat, so he need not feel lonesome.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Listen to Pluto's podcast.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2012/08/terry_pluto_talks_about_colt_m.html

He speaks about McCoy quite a bit, and McCoy hasn't been some valiant warrior in practice.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Pluto also said that Acho has been extremely unimpressive thus far in camp too.

JMJ is playing very well, and the team likes his versatility as well.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

A
Legend
Legend
A
He also said how Derek Andersons arm is much stronger than Weeden's.

What's your point again?

Oh - you want to point out flaws of one particular player.

Did you notice how he said Weeden is slow of foot?

And, I know you well enough that you'll attempt to translate this post into me hoping Weeden fails.................and you'll look dumb if you do that.

What I'm saying is you pick and choose what you post, and dude, it shows.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Listen to Pluto's podcast.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2012/08/terry_pluto_talks_about_colt_m.html

He speaks about McCoy quite a bit, and McCoy hasn't been some valiant warrior in practice.

HEY, SOMEBODY AGREES WITH ME, I'LL POST IT IN EVERY THREAD!!!!!!!!

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hey DC ... I hear that Matt Moore is ecstatic over being demoted in Miami after going 6-3 last season.

[Linked Image]

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Hey DC ... I hear that Matt Moore is ecstatic over being demoted in Miami after going 6-3 last season.

Moore went 6-6 last season.
though he was demoted after going 4-1 in 2009

you can clearly see from his stat page that he is only a capable QB in odd numbered years though, so this should be of no surprise to him:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoorMa01.htm

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Moore went 6-6 last season.
though he was demoted after going 4-1 in 2009

you can clearly see from his stat page that he is only a capable QB in odd numbered years though, so this should be of no surprise to him:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoorMa01.htm

Your correct what I meant to say and did not, was over the last 9 games

But that wasn't the point.

NFL headlines:

"Moore admits being frustrated by spot on Dolphins' depth chart"

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Quote:

He was 6-3 in his final 9 games after starting 0-3.. he also said in a quote that he's frustrated. He really needs to put on his big boy underpants and take it like a man instead of a whiney cry baby. People in the NFL aren't allowed to get frustrated.... and if they do, they darn sure aren't supposed to tell anybody.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

He was 6-3 in his final 9 games after starting 0-3.. he also said in a quote that he's frustrated. He really needs to put on his big boy underpants and take it like a man instead of a whiney cry baby. People in the NFL aren't allowed to get frustrated.... and if they do, they darn sure aren't supposed to tell anybody.

Even when questioned

[Linked Image]

N
Legend
Legend
N
oh, I know where you were driving that bus, I just saw the "Moore is only good in odd years" thing awhile back and figured this was a good place to insert it. i mean, how often are we going to discuss Matt Moore this year?

maybe we should swap Colt for Moore. and go...

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

You might have something there.

Right now I'm more concerned how our young LBers look this preseason, because we will have to count on one or more of them.

[Linked Image]

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

You might have something there.

Right now I'm more concerned how our young LBers look this preseason, because we will have to count on one or more of them.

i'd actually be about the same with Moore or Colt. especially with Miami running about the same offense now (so Moore is coming up to speed).

I am hopeful with our young LBers, but the odds of us not needing a QB2 are pretty poor if you go by our recent history (or really most teams).

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
If Weeden was 24 and we wanted to sit him a year? I'd swap Colt for Moore in a second.

But if you bring a guy like Moore here, he's going to want to start more than Colt would IMO.

The only way I see us getting rid of Colt now is maybe a Colt/Draft pick for a LB/Draft pick kind of swap... Unless they feel fine going with what we have...

I'm surprised Philly hasn't come calling for Colt to put behind Vick.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I know I'm coming in late here, but Stephens was coming on like gangbusters until he got hurt. Hope to see more of him this yr.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Legend
Legend
I don't really remember much out of him.

I just looked and he had 17 tackles in 11 games, with no sacks.

What did you see out of him that makes you feel that he was coming on strong? I honestly can't remember a single play he made ...... just that he sent Jayme "The best pass rusher on the team" Mitchell to the bench.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I remember the last 2 games he played in. He was making some tackles off the edge & got some good pressure on the QB. They commented on it on the TV. Next thing ya know, he's hurt & on IR. I was hoping to see more of him when that happened. I was thinking when camp started, if he would take over where I remember him leaving off.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I know I'm coming in late here, but Stephens was coming on like gangbusters until he got hurt. Hope to see more of him this yr.

I agree and I think that he will make the cuts.

[Linked Image]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Pit, Colt was never an embedded starter here

He was the named starter and started 20 games.

Quote:

and yes I do have a good since of humor.

That's cool, so do I. Though some find it a little dry, warped and sarcastic from time to time.

Quote:

Montana was with the 9ers for some years after they brought in Young too.

Actually you are trying to comapre someone who had been a franchise QB for a long period of time. A HOF'er, to a kid early in his career with almost the opoite resume'.

Yes, you will find acceptions to the rule, but this isn't the case most of the time. So you dug all the way to the early 90's for this?

That's part of my point had you been reading. Colt is very young and has had 20 starts. His record isn't pretty.

What would make you think that Colt would even want to stay here? He hasn't publicly stated he wanted to leave, but if you were a young kid who had a poor supporting cast, told you would get to compete and then didn't,,,,,,,,,

Would you want to stay here or go somewhere you felt you maught have a chance to compete for the starting job?

Just like when Montana thought he hadn't been treated fairly he moved on to KC. If the same holds true for Colts feelings, he'll want to move on too.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Pit, Colt was never an embedded starter here

He was the named starter and started 20 games.

Quote:

and yes I do have a good since of humor.

That's cool, so do I. Though some find it a little dry, warped and sarcastic from time to time.

Quote:

Montana was with the 9ers for some years after they brought in Young too.

Actually you are trying to comapre someone who had been a franchise QB for a long period of time. A HOF'er, to a kid early in his career with almost the opoite resume'.

Yes, you will find acceptions to the rule, but this isn't the case most of the time. So you dug all the way to the early 90's for this?

That's part of my point had you been reading. Colt is very young and has had 20 starts. His record isn't pretty.

What would make you think that Colt would even want to stay here? He hasn't publicly stated he wanted to leave, but if you were a young kid who had a poor supporting cast, told you would get to compete and then didn't,,,,,,,,,

Would you want to stay here or go somewhere you felt you maught have a chance to compete for the starting job?

Just like when Montana thought he hadn't been treated fairly he moved on to KC. If the same holds true for Colts feelings, he'll want to move on too.

Montana was an extreme case and a long time ago true, but it's not as uncommon as your saying and Colt was never said to be the franchise or had that stamp of approval of the FO or the Coach.

He was what we had.

Don't forget that we signed Wallace and Delhome before Drafting Colt.

If you told me that we could sign a better #2 option then I would be all for it.

That's my #1 concern.

Some times it comes down to what you can get in a given year in the Draft. Last year we didn't go that route (though in retrospect Dalton was doable).

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ugh....I started to get queasy when I read through the LB depth chart. Scary if we get one more injury there.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Fortunately linebacker is an easy position to fill as teams are always dumping quality vet backers for younger faster special teams linebackers. Jauron runs a very simplistic defense which will help as anyone we bring in at linebacker has probably played in a pretty similar scheme at one time or another.

I like our quickness at linebacker and the range of Maiva, DQ and JMJ but losing Big PHil and now Gocong just cost us our 2 best run defenders. Ward back will help big time. Rucker is a very good run stuffing DE as well and that will help but Sheard is a bit reckless against the run and that means the linebacker behind him needs to be exceptional against the run.

We may not really know what we have until after the final preseason game anyway.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

What's your point again?

And, I know you well enough that you'll attempt to translate this post into me hoping Weeden fails.................and you'll look dumb if you do that.

Weeden is slower than McCoy, that's true.

But how is Weeden having a weaker arm than Anderson a flaw? Anderson has one of, if not the strongest arms in the NFL.

you had a good run Hank.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

j/c

This is the first "initial" depth chart. I don't really think that tells us very much as to how it will look going into openning day.

JMHO

This. Everyone needs to just calm down until the final depth chart is released and we have gone through final cuts.

I have a feeling there are going to be surprise cuts that get this board in an uproar.....

What else is new?

**Going back into hiding***

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

What's your point again?

Weeden is slower than McCoy, that's true.

But how is Weeden having a weaker arm than Anderson a flaw? Anderson has one of, if not the strongest arms in the NFL.

Please don't compare arms, at least Weeden knows how to throw a change up. Anderson's arm is flawed, he can only throw at one speed, which is the same for a 5 yard pass or 50 yard pass...

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P
My concern is Colt may simply not wish to be here any longer.

I mean in all seriousness, why would he want to be?

He was promised the chance to compete and he obviously knows he didn't really get one. Reports indicate that to one extent or the other, they weren't going to try to replace him in the draft.....And they did,

Even we know considering not having enough time to implement the system along with a very poor supporting cast last year, a good season was not in the cards.

A back-up QB is someone you want commited to his job. With the way everything went down, do you honestly feel Colt wants to be here as our back-up?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

My concern is Colt may simply not wish to be here any longer.

I mean in all seriousness, why would he want to be?

He was promised the chance to compete and he obviously knows he didn't really get one. Reports indicate that to one extent or the other, they weren't going to try to replace him in the draft.....And they did,

Even we know considering not having enough time to implement the system along with a very poor supporting cast last year, a good season was not in the cards.

A back-up QB is someone you want commited to his job. With the way everything went down, do you honestly feel Colt wants to be here as our back-up?

I personally don't want a backup QB (or any player) who does not want to start. I think that he is committed to the team and once he gets over the shock I think that he is going to be a great asset for Weeden on the sidelines, because he is the type of competitor who will still have his head in the game and not just sitting on the bench watching the clock or scoreboard.

[Linked Image]

P
Legend
Legend
P
I understand what you "think".

But if you honestly feel you were misled, not given a fair shot here and lied to about getting a fair shot to compete for the starting job this year.........

Would you really trust your superiors? Would you rather be here wroking for people you no longer trust, or get a fresh start elsewhere?

To me, a lot of this has to do with how Colt feels about how he has been treated. And if I were him, I'd probably prefer a frsh start somewhere else.

Once this FO has shown he's obviously not going to get a shot here, why would he want to stay here?

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
JC here...

Does anyone really think that Colt out preformed Weeden in camp? If he lit it up and Weeden sucked Colt would start. He will probably also get snaps in preseason. I dont understand how he "didnt get a fair chance".

S
Legend
Legend
S
May need an extra CB for our first four games when the news becomes official in a few minutes.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns first depth chart

Link Copied to Clipboard